Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot

23K5,924
Doctor of Jenology
23K5,924

Aug 15, 2015#1

It's not just the best new TV show of the year, it's one of the best shows I've ever watched in my life.

It's a weird, psychological cyber thriller set in New York that follows a computer programmer with issues of his own who joins a secretive anarchistic organization run by a man called Mr. Robot.

It is impeccably written, directed and acted, with an incredible score and cinematography, has a unique structure and builds suspense in a way that's rarely seen on TV. It's has one of the best pilots ever, and only gets better from there. It's dark and maniacal, but also at times very humorous, and there's at least a couple major WTF moments every episode. It's on episode 8 as I'm writing this (it'll have 10 episodes per season; already renewed for season 2), and if you haven't watched it yet and want to, make sure to avoid all spoilers.

Who else is watching this amazing show?

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 15, 2015#2

me of course :mynails and it really is amazing :bow

+ i'm dead with what happened on ep 08
      ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
      i can't wait to see what'll happen next :popcorn

Master of Jenology

Aug 15, 2015#3

I watched the pilot and got too lazy to watch the rest... didn't feel impressed.

23K5,924
        Doctor of Jenology
        23K5,924

Aug 15, 2015#4

Yeeees Edson!! :Bravo:
          ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
          BTW, this woman is so beautiful and such a great actress. :love

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 15, 2015#5

yeah she is :heart

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

14K6,346
            Contributor
            14K6,346

Aug 15, 2015#6

I like it, but I didn't pay enough attention while watching some of the episodes so I lost track in some stuff, need to rewatch from the beginning.

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Aug 15, 2015#7

Ah, I love that you need to pay so much attention to everything that's happening. Usually with TV shows you can watch them while chatting with your friends and do other stuff, but with this every little detail could be important. I'll definitely rewatch it once we get to the season finale, just to make sure that everything adds up.

46K3,606
                Admin
                46K3,606

Aug 15, 2015#8

A few people I know recommended this, so I might try to catch it.

23K5,924
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  23K5,924

Aug 23, 2015#9

nixy1991 wrote:
                    ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                    ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

14K678
                    Admin
                    14K678

Aug 23, 2015#10

daisylo wrote:I like it, but I didn't pay enough attention while watching some of the episodes so I lost track in some stuff, need to rewatch from the beginning.
                      Ditto. I did other things while watching episode 4 & 5 and after that was completely lost about what was happening in episode 6. So I had to rewatch the older episodes first. %)

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 30, 2015#11

nixy1991 wrote:
                        nixy1991 wrote:
                        ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                        ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                        very revealing ep :jawdrop Elliot is so f*ckin crazy :argh

Contributor

Aug 30, 2015#12

I can't believe I missed this topic considering Rami Malek has been my avatar for the longest. :lmao I saw the show at the TriBeCa Film Festival and met Rami there, amazing show and great guy. I can't wait for the finale, I'm so glad Rami finally has a breakout role.

10K7
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          10K7

Sep 04, 2015#13

This is getting amazing response and reviews, I decided to try this show.

I'm already on episode 6 and I'll try to finish the season tonight. :)

Sep 05, 2015#14

I really liked the pilot and then watched the whole season.

I like the show, but don't love it. Yeah, technically-wise everything like casting, direction, soundtrack, and production is on point but despite the amazing reviews this series is getting I don't find it out of this world, it's even boring in some parts imo.
                              ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                              Does it have some connection with the Boy 7 movie, btw? I watched it earlier this year and I found the plot really similar. Even the first scene is reminiscent:

23K5,924
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              23K5,924

Sep 05, 2015#15

Never seen Boy 7, so IDK. I wasn't bored for a second during the season, I actually think it was very well paced, and now that it's over, I'm going to re-watch it to see if all the pieces fit together. Some of the revelations were more shocking than others, but when the lead character that's also the narrator is this messed up in the head, it's hard to know for sure what's real. Elliot himself acknowledges that the audience is at times a step ahead of him. I love when the show gets all meta. :love

Season 2 will be tricky, but I'm hopeful they'll pull it off.

10K7
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                10K7

Sep 05, 2015#16

Wait, Rami Malek is 34?

23K5,924
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  23K5,924

Sep 05, 2015#17

The music on this show is so great, I can't wait for the soundtrack. Very reminiscent of the work Trent Raznor and Atticus Ross did in David Fincher's Gone Girl (and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but to a lesser extent), and Nathan Johnson did in Looper.

A lot of harsh, industrial, ambient sounds, it's so unnerving, I love it.

Master of Jenology

Sep 05, 2015#18

where can we watch?