The Movies & TV Thread - Your reviews, New trailers etc..

The Movies & TV Thread - Your reviews, New trailers etc..

14K6,334
Contributor
14K6,334

Feb 12, 2015#1

here's a new trailer "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."

[BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

I really like Guy Ritchie but I didn't expect to like that trailer didn't like the casting but they both look good in that.

Contributor

Feb 12, 2015#2

This is a really cool thread, thanks for making it. :) Looks pretty entertaining imo.

23K5,923
      Doctor of Jenology
      23K5,923

Feb 12, 2015#3

Well it's definitely a Guy Richie movie. :lol I liked Long Stock, Snatch., and the first Sherlock movie, but this could go the Mortdecai way from the looks of it.

14K6,334
        Contributor
        14K6,334

Feb 12, 2015#4

^ welcome

Snatch still is my favorite Ritchie film, I don't know how many times I've watch it.

doesn't look as silly as Mortdecai, remind me a bit of Archer.

Feb 13, 2015#5

might end up not be a good movie but the trailer made me laugh..

23K5,923
            Doctor of Jenology
            23K5,923

Feb 18, 2015#6

This is so interesting, and kind of funny.

I want to see Jennifer in a video like this one day. :cry

Who are you rooting for at the Oscars this year? Any faves?

14K6,334
              Contributor
              14K6,334

Feb 18, 2015#7

lol I need to see that movie with Julianne Moore and Madonna Now ! For Jen they would probably use Anaconda and the TV shows.

it's the first time in years that I haven't seen many of the nominated films before the Oscars, I hate that, but I really loved Whiplash it probably has no chance but a win would be great.

Actress I'm rooting for Julianne Moore even if I have yet to see the movie she should have won years ago and not just once. If not her Marion.
                Actor Michael Keaton mostly by elimination but he was great in Birdman.
                Sup actor J.K. Simmons or Edward Norton
                Sup actress Patricia Arquette I guess I've only see her and Emma's performances
                Directing Wes Anderson

23K5,923
                Doctor of Jenology
                23K5,923

Feb 18, 2015#8

I've seen the Moore/Madonna movie a while ago and it was kind of a mess from what I remember. :lol

I'd be crazy if Anderson won over Linklater & Innaitu for Best Director. Birdman was alright, but I absolutely loved Budapest and Boyhood.

I'm rooting for Moore, Arquette, Simmons and Redmayne for the actor categories.

14K6,334
                  Contributor
                  14K6,334

Feb 19, 2015#9

a Wes Anderson would be so great and well deserved but I see Inarritu getting this one. I liked boyhood but less than I expected but Linklater is one of my all time favorite director so I wouldn't mind it if he wins.

Feb 20, 2015#10

saw Kingsman last night it was fun, a bit long at times but overall I really enjoyed it's probably what Mortdecai was trying to be.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2015#11

daisylo wrote:might end up not be a good movie but the trailer made me laugh..

Hilarious when Reese speak Spanish.

14K6,334
                        Contributor
                        14K6,334

Feb 24, 2015#12

^ I bet this will do great Reese is doing amazing with her prod company.

For the Richard Linklater fans.

23K5,923
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          23K5,923

Feb 24, 2015#13

Has anyone seen that new Ryan Reynolds movie, The Voices? I absolutely LOVED it, but I guess it won't be everyone's cup of tea. He previously gave a really great performance in Buried, but he outdid himself in this one. You guys should check it out.

20K7,749
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            20K7,749

Mar 04, 2015#14

Is Focus worth watching ?

14K6,334
                              Contributor
                              14K6,334

Mar 04, 2015#15

^ I don't know but I want to see it looks fun.

"The Voices" I might go see it, I liked the trailer.

46K3,570
                                Admin
                                46K3,570

Mar 04, 2015#16

daisylo wrote:saw Kingsman last night it was fun, a bit long at times but overall I really enjoyed it's probably what Mortdecai was trying to be.

I saw the preview for that and wanted to see it, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Contributor

Mar 05, 2015#17

I saw Kingsman too! I was kind of unsure at first, but then I went and loved it all. So exciting and hope there's a part 2 due to the financial success.

23K5,923
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    23K5,923

Mar 05, 2015#18

Here's a trailer for the movie Self/less, from the director of JLo's underrated masterpiece, The Cell.

It looks pretty awful, but I like the director and the cast, so I'll give it a try.

14K6,334
                                      Contributor
                                      14K6,334

Mar 05, 2015#19

yeah that doesn't look very good and where are the amazing visuals ? his best film is the Fall for me.

^ Kingsman was quiet funny and has big action some scenes though some are very bloody I didn't expect it to be that violent but I enjoyed it

Intermediate Jenology

Mar 06, 2015#20

daisylo wrote:here's a new trailer "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
                                          ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                                          I really like Guy Ritchie but I didn't expect to like that trailer didn't like the casting but they both look good in that.
                                          I loved this trailer.

I'm a big fan of Henry O:-) , and I really liked Armie on The Lone Ranger, but I didn't expect it to look so good.

I'm very excited for this movie now.

Mar 06, 2015#21

There's a movie that I'm really excited after watching the trailer, I never heard of it before seeing it accidentally:

I love Blake since Gossip Girl and the movie looks pretty good, I hope it's a great film.

23K5,923
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            23K5,923

Mar 14, 2015#22

Luka711 wrote:Is Focus worth watching ?
                                              Meh. It's not awful, but it's not worth watching in theaters.

-

Age of Adaline was supposed to come out on the same day as TBND, but was pushed back. That doesn't give me much hope.

20K7,749
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              20K7,749

Mar 15, 2015#23

^Good, I didnt go to the cinema to watch it. I even had my tickets reserved.

And Cinderella, is it a very ... girly movie ? lol
                                                Sth like Enchanted maybe ??

14K6,334
                                                Contributor
                                                14K6,334

Mar 16, 2015#24

this is getting raves reviews by all the critics excited to see it.

23K5,923
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  23K5,923

Mar 16, 2015#25

Really, isn't that supposed to come out like 3 months from now?

EDIT: Oh, I see it premiered at SXSW. Nice. Excited, love the cast.

Read more posts (3172 remaining)