23K5,924
Doctor of Jenology
23K5,924

Feb 27, 2018#1001

Dwayne is great, he's a really charismatic screen presence. I'd love to see a movie where they both kick ass together, that'd be a lot of fun. Maybe an action movie with a more dramatic edge, like that movie he did a few years ago, Snitch. That movie was kind of stupid, but it was interesting to see him in a more dramatic role, and he wasn't half bad in it.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 27, 2018#1002

nixy1991 wrote:Dwayne is great, he's a really charismatic screen presence. I'd love to see a movie where they both kick ass together, that'd be a lot of fun. Maybe an action movie with a more dramatic edge, like that movie he did a few years ago, Snitch. That movie was kind of stupid, but it was interesting to see him in a more dramatic role, and he wasn't half bad in it.
      I would like to see that tbh. Maybe with a movie in the style of Enough. I think that would be interesting.

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Feb 27, 2018#1003

He wouldn't be my dream costar for Jen but it could definitely be fun and she has never done a Blockbuster movie, I'd love to see her kick ass in something a bit dark and smart.

like I wish she would be considered for something like this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3706352/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 28, 2018#1004

daisylo wrote:He wouldn't be my dream costar for Jen but it could definitely be fun and she has never done a Blockbuster movie, I'd love to see her kick ass in something a bit dark and smart.

like I wish she would be considered for something like this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3706352/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3
          She did a Blockbuster and she could be in the sequel.
          I wanna see hot JLo fighting like Gal, in Parker 2

14K6,346
          Contributor
          14K6,346

Feb 28, 2018#1005

You think Parker was a Blockbuster? It had a budget of $35M and didn’t even made half of that, her most expensive movie was Maid in Manhattan at 55M and that was because of the cast and she still doesn’t have a movie that made over $100M at the box-office.
            I enjoyed Parker but with Statham it was a missed opportunity to have a kick ass role with him, something fun.

23K5,924
            Doctor of Jenology
            23K5,924

Feb 28, 2018#1006

Parker is a very, very flawed movie, but I like it a lot anyway. It's entertaining, and I feel like it's a nice addition to her filmography. I'd rather have 3 more movies like Parker than some vanilla stuff like the one she has coming out later this year.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 28, 2018#1007

daisylo wrote:You think Parker was a Blockbuster? It had a budget of $35M and didn’t even made half of that, her most expensive movie was Maid in Manhattan at 55M and that was because of the cast and she still doesn’t have a movie that made over $100M at the box-office.
                I enjoyed Parker but with Statham it was a missed opportunity to have a kick ass role with him, something fun.
                Wait. Doesn't have a movie that made more than $100M at the box office? Am I missing something? I thought a few of her movies did. Though I know for a fact that Parker bombed.
                nixy1991 wrote:Parker is a very, very flawed movie, but I like it a lot anyway. It's entertaining, and I feel like it's a nice addition to her filmography. I'd rather have 3 more movies like Parker than some vanilla stuff like the one she has coming out later this year.
                It is sort of generic and doesn't necessarily add anything new to the table, but her role in that film is so underrated, and I'll watch the movie for her performance alone. And on that last sentence, I do sort of agree. personally, I would love to see her do something like she did on WTEWYE, but everything else should be on a more serious note.

23K5,924
                Doctor of Jenology
                23K5,924

Feb 28, 2018#1008

QueenCedar101 wrote:It is sort of generic and doesn't necessarily add anything new to the table, but her role in that film is so underrated, and I'll watch the movie for her performance alone. And on that last sentence, I do sort of agree. personally, I would love to see her do something like she did on WTEWYE, but everything else should be on a more serious note.
                  I didn't like WTEWYE, but she was pretty much the only well-developed, three-dimensional character in that movie, and delivered by far the best performance. She's been giving really strong performances in mediocre movies, which frustrates the hell out of me. She deserves to be in better stuff, because I feel like she has yet to reach her full potential as an actress. Which I know, sounds like a ridiculous thing to say about someone who's been acting for 25 years now, but whatever. Imagine what she could do with a truly great writer/director, like Paul Thomas Anderson, for example. Hello, Oscar.

14K6,346
                  Contributor
                  14K6,346

Feb 28, 2018#1009

that's the most frustrating all those good sometimes great performances in all those mediocre projects with bad and mediocre directors so you can only imagine what she would do with a great one, OOS with Soderbergh is the perfect example of that and he's the only Great director she has worked with.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 28, 2018#1010

nixy1991 wrote:
                      QueenCedar101 wrote:It is sort of generic and doesn't necessarily add anything new to the table, but her role in that film is so underrated, and I'll watch the movie for her performance alone. And on that last sentence, I do sort of agree. personally, I would love to see her do something like she did on WTEWYE, but everything else should be on a more serious note.
                      I didn't like WTEWYE, but she was pretty much the only well-developed, three-dimensional character in that movie, and delivered by far the best performance. She's been giving really strong performances in mediocre movies, which frustrates the hell out of me. She deserves to be in better stuff, because I feel like she has yet to reach her full potential as an actress. Which I know, sounds like a ridiculous thing to say about someone who's been acting for 25 years now, but whatever. Imagine what she could do with a truly great writer/director, like Paul Thomas Anderson, for example. Hello, Oscar.
                      I understand your point. The movie wasn't Oscar worthy, but despite the genre of it, she really brought Holly to life and she was very entertaining to watch IMO. The other characters were cheesy and the performances were forgettable. She was the standout of the bunch, and will one of my favorite performances from her. But I agree, she hasn't reached her full potential as an actress as of now, though Selena proved that she really can be a great, charasmatic actress if she would be in the right roles. Her role in that movie was so natural, effortless, and nothing felt forced. Yeah. Her strong performance make up for those average movies. It would be nice if she could work for something more high-tier. I think most people who say she can't act have either seen none of her movies, have only seen Gigli and her rom-coms, or have only jumped into the bandwagon.

14K6,346
                      Contributor
                      14K6,346

Feb 28, 2018#1011

Three Billboards

l liked the story even if it was sometimes all over the place felt sometimes like satire loved that but for me the cast make the movie particularly McDormand and Harrelson (their scene at the Police office was so good). Rockwell's performance was good but seem a bit overrated, Cornish was just bad.

23K5,924
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        23K5,924

Feb 28, 2018#1012

daisylo wrote:Three Billboards

liked it, liked the story even if it was sometimes all over the place but for me the cast make the movie particularly McDormand and Harrelson (their scene at the Police office was so good). Rockwell's performance was good but seem a bit overrated, Cornish was just bad.
                          Oh my god, yes. I loved the movie overall, but that's one of the reasons I didn't place the movie higher up on my list, some of the acting felt really unnatural and forced. Which is bizarre, considering that the dialogue was so well written. For example, Cornish's scene with Frances at her shop was honestly atrocious, and completely took me out of the movie. And the scene with Frances and Lucas Hedges in the car when he talks the murder was equally as bad. That was some high school play level acting.

14K6,346
                          Contributor
                          14K6,346

Feb 28, 2018#1013

oh yeah the scene in the shop was terrible, she was so stiff it was weird, it's a pretty bla character but a good performance would have made her interesting. (I think Jen would have nailed it lol)

23K5,924
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            23K5,924

Feb 28, 2018#1014

She totally would have, and the writing in that scene was pretty damn good, which would've been a walk in the park for her considering how much nonsense she usually gets to make believable in her movies nowadays. lol

I was thinking about this the other day, how great would it be if Jennifer did a Tarantino movie? Holy shit. You have to be a certain type of actor to properly deliver the dialogue that he writes, and I feel like she would kill it. She has really great comedic timing, she's a fantastic dramatic actress, and I'm sure he could give her a unique look unlike anything we've seen her like before. Realistically, there's 0.01% of this ever happening, but whatever. One can dream.

:angel

14K6,346
                              Contributor
                              14K6,346

Feb 28, 2018#1015

that has always been a dream of mine don't see it ever happening unfortunately, don't even know if she's ever gonna do another movie with a good director.

Intro to Jenology

Feb 28, 2018#1016

I have high hopes for Griselda. I really hope HBO gets a high profile director. Martin Scorsese and Steven Soderbergh have both directed for HBO. David Fincher directs for Netflix all the time. Some of the best directors out there are doing tv. And if she kills the role the same way she did Selena and Puchi, then I think she could easily start getting offers from better directors.

23K5,924
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  23K5,924

Mar 01, 2018#1017

Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio are reuniting with Quentin Tarantino to star in the filmmakers latest feature, titled Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Sony Pictures announced.

Tarantino describes it as “a story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor...Sharon Tate.”

The film will be released worldwide on August 9, 2019.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/h ... ssion=true
                                    Hype! :woot

14K6,346
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,346

Mar 01, 2018#1018

this is gonna be tacky lol but excited this should be great, I haven't seen Brad PItt in anything in a long time.

Mar 01, 2018#1019

jennylover83 wrote:I have high hopes for Griselda. I really hope HBO gets a high profile director. Martin Scorsese and Steven Soderbergh have both directed for HBO. David Fincher directs for Netflix all the time. Some of the best directors out there are doing tv. And if she kills the role the same way she did Selena and Puchi, then I think she could easily start getting offers from better directors.
                                        Soderbergh would be great for that, the producers of Griselda often work with Scorsese but I don't see him doing that, would be a dream tho, I really hope if it's still happening they don't screw it up with a bad director but I don't think Terrence Winter would let that happen, Eleine on the other end..

Mar 02, 2018#1020

This looks cute, great cast.

Intro to Jenology

Mar 03, 2018#1021

daisylo wrote:This looks cute, great cast.

I'm super pumped for this film!!
                                            The trailer is funny! :woot

14K6,346
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,346

Mar 07, 2018#1022

This made me want to rewatch Young adult

23K5,924
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              23K5,924

Mar 07, 2018#1023

Can't wait! :woot

14K6,346
                                                Contributor
                                                14K6,346

Mar 08, 2018#1024

Lady Bird, what a beautiful, authentic and lovely movie, this was one of the best depiction of a mother-child relationship I've seen on film, so many little thing in the film felt familiar like from my own high-school years, I always liked Greta Gerwig's work yet I didn't expect to love this so much, It’s truly a special film. Saoirse Ronan this is definitely her best performance and I think I would have give the Oscar to Laurie Metcalf instead of Janney, this was such a complex character and she played her perfectly.

I, Tonya this was fun but also exhausting to watch I get what they tried to do with it it was a sort of satire it worked sometimes but when it didn't it really didn't, I loved the performances (basically from everyone) and the editing but most of the skating scenes looked downright silly and fake that took me out of the movie everytime they had one. It felt very similar to "To Die For" but I don't think I'd want to reviste this one.

Mar 12, 2018#1025

Sucks I wish she had tried TV, looking back i loved so many of her movies and performances, such a great comedy actress but also very good in dramas.

The mask
                                                    My best friend's wedding
                                                    There's something about Mary
                                                    Being John Malkovich
                                                    Charlie's Angel
                                                    Bad teacher
                                                    The Holiday
                                                    Gangs of New York
                                                    Vanilla Sky
                                                    In her shoes..

Read more posts (2172 remaining)