Master of Jenology

Jun 04, 2015#101

I have faith that you have watched "Mad Max" and if you havent done that .. then waht the hell are you waiting for? :argh :argh

20K7,828
    Doctor of Jenology
    20K7,828

Jun 05, 2015#102

Mad Max is amazing !
      This week going to see San Andreas.

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Jun 05, 2015#103

^ yep everyone should see Mad Max I hope we're getting a second one.
        nixy1991 wrote:Wow, lots of new trailers today. Super excited for End of theTour and Z for Zachariah. The Walk looks like typical Robert Zemeckis CGI fest, but I'll see it anyway, I really like JGL. Mission Impossible is a must-see, of course. The last 2 movies have been amazing.

ahah yeah and that was just some of them.. yeah looks like we're getting some great movies for the next 6 months looking forward to Macbeth too after seeing the trailer + it has 2 of my favorites

Master of Jenology

Jun 05, 2015#104

daisylo wrote:^ yep everyone should see Mad Max I hope we're getting a second one.
          Yess its comfirmed by Miller!! this is called : Mad Max: The Wasteland :woot

but that isnt all...there have also been rumors that both max rockatansky (Tom Hardy) and Furious will have their own sequels alone, an end which is yet to be confirmed but its quite possible that Mad Max: The Wasteland is focusing solely on the character of Hardy and then Miller resume Furious's adventures in another film

:love2

14K6,346
          Contributor
          14K6,346

Jun 05, 2015#105

YAS didn't know that !! can't wait.

14K2,614
            Doctor of Jenology
            14K2,614

Jun 05, 2015#106

Luka711 wrote:Mad Max is amazing !
              This week going to see San Andreas.

If you see 'The Day After Tomorrow' or "2012", you already see "San Andreas" :lol: it's even the same script :D

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Jun 05, 2015#107

Macbeth looks GLORIOUS! I can't wait to see that one. :bow

Jun 05, 2015#108

rafaelsalguero wrote:If you see 'The Day After Tomorrow' or "2012", you already see "San Andreas" :lol: it's even the same script :D
                  A shorter, better paced, more tolerable version of those movies, yes. It's not a good film by any means, but if you're like me and like The Rock and disaster movies in general, I think you'll find a lot to enjoy in this one. It's definitely not awful.

20K7,828
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  20K7,828

Jun 05, 2015#109

I like disaster movies in general lol I loved Impossible for example.

10K7
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    10K7

Jun 05, 2015#110

^ I loved The Impossible.

I'm looking forward for San Andreas, although the reviews I'm reading are disappointing.

14K2,614
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      14K2,614

Jun 05, 2015#111

I love Disaster movies too, I can't wait for "Independence Day PArt 2" !!!

But I hate "san Andreas", 2012, The Day after tomorrow used the same fucking scritp about a divorced parents saving their childrens !!! LOL

10K7
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        10K7

Jun 06, 2015#112

2012 is boring as hell.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 06, 2015#113

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
                            i love 2012 :bow

Master of Jenology

Jun 06, 2015#114

Me too. "2012" is a masterpiece.

10K7
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              10K7

Jun 07, 2015#115

I love disaster movies so I had the highest expectations for 2012. After watching it I was very underwhelmed like most of people that saw it and had the same expectations. Even John Cusack didn't convince me. I remember that I liked the first minutes but in the end I was extremely bored.

Almost 3 hours of cheesy dialogues and pretentious special effects trying to impress, I pass.

23K5,924
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                23K5,924

Jun 07, 2015#116

I'm actually shocked there are people who think 2012 is a masterpiece. I mean, it's fun to look at, but that movie is campy, poorly written, bloated trash. Literally no disaster movie needs to be over 160 minutes long unless they're called The Towering Inferno or Titanic, and the way it ended made my blood boil. San Andreas, and even Poseidon (2006) did it right. Deliver on the effects, don't make your characters yap too much and keep it under 120 minutes.

I'm seeing Spy tomorrow. :D

10K7
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  10K7

Jun 07, 2015#117

I might check this one too. I'm not much into comedies, but I love Melissa McCarthy and the reviews are great. 8)

23K5,924
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    23K5,924

Jun 08, 2015#118

YES PLEASE!!! I've read the book and it's incredible. :bow Very intense, but also very humorous. Ridley Scott has been hit or miss lately, but with such strong source material, Drew Goddard writing the script and such an AMAZING cast, I'm sure this will be a return to form for him. If it sucks, I'll be pissed.

12K588
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      12K588

Jun 08, 2015#119

daisylo wrote:.
                                        ahah yeah and that was just some of them.. yeah looks like we're getting some great movies for the next 6 months looking forward to Macbeth too after seeing the trailer + it has 2 of my favorites

I don't think i can stan for Marion more! :rockon :bow WORSHIP everything she is in! :love2

GODDESS! :bow

23K5,924
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        23K5,924

Jun 15, 2015#120

Did you guys see Jurassic World yet? I went yesterday.

I was never a huuuge fan of Jurassic Park. The original movie came out when I was like 2, and by the time I first saw it on TV when I was 9 or 10 my dinousar phase was over (I still have more than a dozen books on dinosaurs from when I was a kid). I went to this one out of boredom TBH, but also because the director Colin Trevorrow made one of my favorite movies of 2012, Safety Not Guaranteed.

And I liked it for the most part. The dinosaurs looked cool, the action sequences were well done (and terrifying at times), and the majority of the cast did a good job with their roles. The script was a bit of a mess though. There were a couple subplots that just did not work, and the most annoying one was Vincent D'onofrio wanting to militarize the velociraptors (??). The kid brothers also have a subplot involving the original park and a car engine that was so, soooo stupid. But (without spoiling anything), the last 30 minutes were amazing, especially the final shot of the film.

BTW, every time Chris Pratt was on screen all I saw was Andy Dwyer. I guess I'll never buy him as this great big action star, even though he was good in both this and Guardians of the Galaxy.

20K7,828
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          20K7,828

Jun 16, 2015#121

I'm going to see Jurassic World next week and I cant wait !

14K6,346
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,346

Jun 18, 2015#122

Not too excited for Jurassic but I'll see it next week I think, tomorrow it's Spy.

One that I'm really excited about !!

Jun 20, 2015#123

Spy was amazing so freaking hilarious I had tears of laugher during the whole movie, it was nice to see Statham in a role like that he was hilarious and McCarthy is Queen seriously her comedy timing is perfection the whole cast was great, If Jen does another comedy it need to be with a talented writer/director like Feig nothing less.

Master of Jenology

Jun 22, 2015#124

i didnt like JW :(
                                                  Im sure that people what will watch a dinosaur movie for very first time will like the movie, but if you watched the one, then its very hard.... they added a lot of reminders and some tribute to the original movie, sure trying to fascinate people like me but not enough i think...

Anyway the movie lacks of tension or epic scenes, and when this happens,it result predictable .... not charismatic actors (only the aunt, but too comic) IMO

anything like the first time/part.. sorry :(

23K5,924
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  23K5,924

Jun 22, 2015#125

Inside Out was wonderful. :love The voice cast and the visuals are outstanding (which is expected from a Pixar film), but the best thing about it is the script, which is so well written and imaginative, I hope it gets nominated for Best Original Screenplay next year. There's one particularly sad moment that crushed me. :cry Go see it ASAP.

Read more posts (3072 remaining)