Doctor of Jenology

Jun 07, 2017#776

Wonder Woman was amazing!

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 07, 2017#777

FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:Wonder Woman was amazing!
      And when you think they wanted to cancel it :coffee

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 08, 2017#778

lucinda wrote:
        What are you talking about??

They never said anything about canceling it... are we talking about the same thing? The movie out right now with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman?? I know they canceled the TV show years ago... thank God cuz that thing was a mess.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 08, 2017#779

FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:
          lucinda wrote:
          What are you talking about??

They never said anything about canceling it... are we talking about the same thing? The movie out right now with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman?? I know they canceled the TV show years ago... thank God cuz that thing was a mess.
          Yeah, my bad I misread this article last year :D

http://ew.com/article/2016/04/06/wonder ... ngle-book/

20K7,821
          Doctor of Jenology
          20K7,821

Jun 09, 2017#780

nixy1991 wrote:Wow.

It's hard to find a movie with absolutely no redeeming qualities, but Kidnap is one of them. I don't even know what to say, because the intentions behind it seem good and I appreciate the whole bad ass mother would stop at nothing to get back her child concept, but damn, everything that could go wrong did. It's just so horribly made and unintentionally funny that I almost enjoyed it in a twisted kind of way.

Like, WTF?

Elaine is a proud producer of this mess :oops:

14K6,346
            Contributor
            14K6,346

Jun 10, 2017#781

Elaine... Jen needs to stop working with her and find herself a a great producing partner. She's just proud to get them leading role no matter what it is.

22K4,141
              Doctor of Jenology
              22K4,141

Jun 10, 2017#782

Wonder Woman really saved the DC Universe movies.

14K6,346
                Contributor
                14K6,346

Jun 12, 2017#783

Loved Wonder Woman fun to see badass women kicking Ass ! It was funny and moving, it's not on the level of Nolan's Batmans but that was the best DC movie after that, I wasn't crazy about the casting of Gal Gadot and I wouldn't say that she's a great actress but she did pretty well here and Chris Pine.. :love2

23K5,924
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  23K5,924

Jun 12, 2017#784

I thought was alright. It's by far the best and most competently made DC movie. There's good stuff and bad. I really like that they took time to develop the leads into three-dimensional characters, something all other (and some Marvel) movies failed to do. By the end, I found myself really caring about both of them. Chris Pine is one of the most charismatic actors working today. His comedic timing is impeccable, and he definitely elevated this movie for me. Some of the cinematography near the beginning is really breathtaking, and I liked some of the moments of Rupert Gregson-Williams's score, too.

The bummer is, I feel like I've already seen this movie countless times before. The best thing about it is that isn't chained to the rest of the DC universe because it's an origin story set in a different time, but couldn't they've at least tried to be more creative with the way they presented it? Gal is a beautiful woman, and she's definitely an interesting screen presence, but I don't think she's a good actress. Most of her line delivery was very stiff. At first I thought it was the accent that was throwing me off, but all the other actresses during the Themyscira scenes did a great job. That said, Diana is just so well written as a character and Gal was so good in the fight scenes that I'm willing to overlook all that.

About the fight scenes and the action - I hated that. The CGI was inexcusably horrible. Every time a big action set piece started I was completely taken out of the movie. It was like watching a video game. Honest to god that last fight gave me a headache. Also, that whole thing about how 'love will save the world' at the end was really cheesy and annoying. People need to stop doing that, because it's stupid and cheap. It's the only thing that I disliked about Interstellar and it showed up here, too.

TL;DR - I enjoyed it a lot. For the most part, it's really well made, and I definitely think it's an important movie. I've been waiting to see Wonder Woman on the big screen for forever, and while I think they did a decent job, I just wish it was more than just good.

14K6,346
                    Contributor
                    14K6,346

Jun 12, 2017#785

^ the familiar plot and some of the cheesiness didn't bother me and it usually does maybe because having a female lead made it different enough. Also the part of the movie I loved the most is the beginning when they were on the 'island' with the Amazons and everything with Chris Pine.

23K5,924
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      23K5,924

Jun 12, 2017#786

The first act was probably my favorite.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 13, 2017#787

What about this one? :D

20K7,821
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          20K7,821

Jun 14, 2017#788

I saw today Demain tout commence. Such a beautiful movie, I even shed a tear lol

23K5,924
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            23K5,924

Jun 15, 2017#789

Oh wow, this spot for Dunkirk.

:jenexcited

I hope I can get tickets for the 19th. OMG. :woot

14K6,346
                              Contributor
                              14K6,346

Jun 16, 2017#790

^ it really doesn't feel like a summer movie they should have released it in September.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 16, 2017#791

What do you think, this will be able to surpass the original?

23K5,924
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  23K5,924

Jun 16, 2017#792

That was one annoying trailer.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 17, 2017#793

Epic and well deserved !

23K5,924
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      23K5,924

Jun 21, 2017#794

OMG look at the Village Voice's review of the new Transformers movie. :lmao
                                        In the opening scene of Transformers: The Last Knight, we are presented with the spectacle of King Arthur and his knights locked in an existential battle for the survival of human civilization, even though we’re not really told who or what they’re fighting for. No matter, because this after all is a Transformers movie, so soon we’re faced with

fiiigjhkwetwnwwwjsahafajhwfohofoehaoowofoeoicioeciaqidjFaerlaeaffjgjlje XGRSXSsfdsmfjjjsomuchrandomstuffsomuchegjwogpjwd bldklhjitslikeyouthoughttheearliermovieswereeconfusinghahahah mfjff7ga98fhfhfplwxczchowarekidssupposedtounderstandanyofthisVSSH gmnskglactuallyhowareadultssupposedtounderstandanyofthisjskjjlvr lmnkrjsljrjsaywhatyouwillbutonceuponatimejsogrjdvpvarivpaeimp grfggjsfsfpoemichaelbaycouldbringbeautytoanactionsceneeeevgrhcgg oiwxgamanicpoetryfilledwithkineticgraceandheroismgjvbbp mnfwdwdwkpad3dkkalikewhateverhappenedtoTHATguydzxwqs szmtheguywhomadetherockandbadboys2andeventhefirsttransformerswzns hmnffrqerqrqpainandgaintoothatwasprettygoodhahqqxjpq3Oirgaraaem hjsxsmvermavrbutnowhesbecomeaselfparodykljekwjkjjjejhar grmfagafafmmfhkjasxxandthecrazythingisheknowsitjcejjdagmfflrlrl 3jq3aefrabutdoesntseemtoknowhowtoescapeitzklWSCMC

(Actually, there is one pretty good scene about halfway through, when a British butler robot named Cogman keeps undercutting Anthony Hopkins’s stirring speeches by playing the film’s rousing theme music in the background on organs and such. This got real laughs from me, and for once, I felt like Bay’s desperate attempts at humor were working. But then it was back to

okhvk;OFIavomitousdischargeofplotpointsbeuuauuq3c2i;C HIfihiehfeshliketheresachosenonehereandanotherchosenoneJK ljjkfaejjeexkandmultiplesacredobjectsmlecjaje;lfja;eaejl;a33itm jafcandjesusatonepointhteyevenhavemarkwahlbergutterarthurcclarkes famousquoteabouthowanysufficientlyadvancedtechnologywillbe indistinguishablefrommagicohgodstopcnhfhplerafffkalkqh jsgfffrkitsalloverloadandoverkillandchaoszcsmwmezzeajcjeaa pflikeyourshoppingbagburstandsplatteredrobotsalloverthefloorlchdqh ;3dbutwelostthiswaralongtimeagokrcifhahaeifiajekjj,l ekjfwhatdoyoudowhenthesignalbecomesthenoisezclkhwa4 friaghskfbandyoucannolongertellthedifference.
                                        https://www.villagevoice.com/2017/06/20 ... e-is-like/

:lmao

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2017#795

I don't like this boy, but I gotta admit he's the leader of his generation in Hollywood actors crew:

14K6,346
                                          Contributor
                                          14K6,346

Jun 21, 2017#796

Village voice went there ahah

^ feel like Deja vue but that movie doesn't look half bad, I actually really like Miles Teller.

My crush talking about Out of sight, he has good taste. At 2.25

23K5,924
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            23K5,924

Jun 21, 2017#797

Love Chris! They need to do a movie together.

14K6,346
                                              Contributor
                                              14K6,346

Jun 21, 2017#798

oh yeah they should ! I bet they'd have great chemistry, if they can get an A-list actor for Bye Bye birdie he'd be a great choice, he has a great voice.

Jun 23, 2017#799

This look good, I haven't seen a good comedy in a while

23K5,924
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  23K5,924

Jun 23, 2017#800

Daisy, you should watch Colossal, it's fantastic.

Read more posts (2397 remaining)