Deadly fire blazes in Valparaíso

Deadly fire blazes in Valparaíso

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 13, 2014#1

Thousands evacuated, homes destroyed and lives are lost as blaze spreads to seventh hill in Valparaíso.

A fire which has already left at least 12 dead and destroyed more than 500 2000 homes is burning in Valparaíso.

The fire started just after 4 p.m. Saturday on a forest road connecting the top of the hills which ring the port city. Thousands were without power Saturday night, with the flames the only source of light. The city is also experiencing water shortages. Throughout the evening, explosions sounded as gas containers exploded in peoples’ homes.

on Sunday, the fire spread to a seventh hill. In the area where the blaze has already swept through, people have returned to clear up the debris where their home once stood.

Caravans of volunteers are carrying water and food for the affected up to the hills, many of which are impoverished areas with poor access. Many volunteers are on foot, but are also being loaded with people with people and goods. Some are searching the streets to make contact with loved ones.

Schools in the center of the city are being used as shelters, after 10,000 people were evacuated Saturday, with further evacuations Sunday. Volunteers are handing out goods in front of the shelters.

In Parque Italia an emergency veterinary clinic has been set up, and volunteers are scanning the hills for wounded animals which may also need medical care.

Authorities advise people not to drink tap water in the city.

Initial reports cited 16 lives were lost, but Carabineros revised the number to 11 late Sunday.
    27 Hours Of Fire!

//

This is the City in wich im Living Now, ITS HORRIBLE The Situation Here, Luckily i live far from the fire place, i went to the Center of Valparaiso today to Bring Food to the Animals Who Were Afected And i coundt even Breath Because of the Smoke :(

Apr 13, 2014#2

26K8,946
      Doctor of Jenology
      26K8,946

Apr 14, 2014#3

So sad. :(

This is so surreal:

12K588
        Doctor of Jenology
        12K588

Apr 14, 2014#4

I saw that in the news and right away thought of you man! omg this is awful... so sad. :( May the ones lost rest in peace. Looks fucking apocalyptic!

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 16, 2014#5

2500 burned houses, 11000 homeless and 15 dead ... the final countdown
            its terrible

but my country in this cases is very united, people all over the country are sending help to Valparaiso, thousend of Students are helping here too, i did my help too

Apr 17, 2014#6

Like you said J, its Surreal

its looks like a Movie or something, but im so proud of my country and so proud of the students