Doctor of Jenology

Feb 13, 2012#51

^ Oh! Sad news, but it's her destiny.

And you're right. Some people realize the value of something/someone when they lose them.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 13, 2012#52

Well, it's all just strange to me that when she was singing with Kelly Price, she chose to sing "Jesus Loves Me." That speaks volumes to me. They said that she sung it and then went back to her hotel room.

My dad just told me that they found her in her bathtub in her hotel room and supposedly the police have placed a security hold on her autopsy results..don't know what that's about. If someone would like to explain, please feel free to do so.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 13, 2012#53

Its so it won't interfere with the investigation.....so they can investigate without all this info in their way

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 13, 2012#54

Yeah, I get so emotional when I think about that.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 13, 2012#55

I like how they have really talked about her @ the grammys

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 13, 2012#56

LoveMarie18 wrote:Well, it's all just strange to me that when she was singing with Kelly Price, she chose to sing "Jesus Loves Me." That speaks volumes to me. They said that she sung it and then went back to her hotel room.

My dad just told me that they found her in her bathtub in her hotel room and supposedly the police have placed a security hold on her autopsy results..don't know what that's about. If someone would like to explain, please feel free to do so.
              I just read somewhere they are done with the autophsy. They are waiting for the toxicology report which could take 6 to 8 weeks and that they weren't ruling anything out. They said no force entry and no fowl play.

Admin

Feb 13, 2012#57

^ no illegal drugs were found in her room - just Xanax, a sleeping pill, etc.

I imagine she overdosed on too many depressants, slowing down her nervous system and she fell unconscious in the bathtub. She was found facedown in the water.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 13, 2012#58

^so sad...

13K3,068
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  13K3,068

Feb 13, 2012#59

Jenniiheart wrote:Yeah! Shame on them. Where were they, and all these millions of people claiming "they were her biggest fans" when Whitney needed a successful comeback? SMH

But anyway, the only thing that is certain is that she will always be a TRUE LEGEND.

This is a nice tribute for her, it's filmed in front of the Armani Hotel in Dubai, UAE. OMG! They always play her song I Will Always Love You. :smile:

[BBvideo][/BBvideo]
                    What an AMAZING display

Master of Jenology

Feb 13, 2012#60

I am still in shock. :(

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 13, 2012#61

Well, they said that recently, her voice wasn't what it used to be. It's just like I was saying, the fact that she sang THAT song as her LAST song, gives me chills. It kind of shows where she was. You just never know what a person is going through. I am suspicious about her being face down in the tub though. Didn't know that part.

Contributor

Feb 13, 2012#62

What I want to know is when & how are they going to do the memorial service, and who's going to be performing. This should be as big as Michael's service, so who ever is in charger better not mess this up. She deserves it.

23K5,924
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          23K5,924

Feb 13, 2012#63

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:

What I want to know is when & how are they going to do the memorial service, and who's going to be performing. This should be as big as Michael's service, so who ever is in charger better not mess this up. She deserves it.
                            Exactly. They better make it spectacular. Worthy of a diva.

13K3,068
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            13K3,068

Feb 14, 2012#64

Could this be over all the money problems that was reported just hours before her demise?!?!

Her death still hasn't dawned on me!!!!! I remember her last comeback and the way people slated her performance on the XFactor, all of a sudden now take it back! Jeeeez, it was clear she wasn't herself

20K2,682
                              Admin
                              20K2,682

Feb 14, 2012#65

Whitney Houston's Death Will Benefit Dolly Parton Financially

After the untimely death of Michael Jackson, his estate made a fortune due to a sudden renewed interest in his catalogue. According to insiders, however, the same will not happen with Whitney Houston.

"She was broke -- her label gave her advances," a record company insider told me. "And unlike Michael, you have to remember that Whitney didn't write any of those massive hits. They were songs that Clive Davis told her to sing and she did."

One of Houston's biggest hits, "I Will Always Love You," was actually written by Dolly Parton, who will receive the writer's and publisher's rates when the song undoubtedly gets a boost in radio and television performances.

"On records, the typical mechanical royalty paid to the writer/publisher is about 8 cents per radio performance," a successful songwriter told me. "That would all go to Dolly. Whitney is only the singer. She receives an advance from the record company based upon anticipated album sales. Figure that's around $2.00 per album. But all of the costs to record the album, promote the album, videos, etc. are all recouped from the artist's share."

As in Houston's case, it is very possible for artists to sell millions of records and end up owing the record label money. In fact, most artists don't make money from record sales, but rather from ticket sales -- a revenue stream that will no longer be a source of income for Whitney's estate.

"Whitney was living off of advances -- loans from the record company -- and had been [for] quite some time," the insider said. "Most likely the estate owes the record company a ton and future sales will be used to pay back that loan before any money goes to the estate. The songwriters, however, will make a bundle."

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/?s ... z1mKPA1oBo

Master of Jenology

Feb 14, 2012#66

^WOW!!That's a mess!!

Contributor

Feb 14, 2012#67

sorry to hear that :(

20K2,682
                                    Admin
                                    20K2,682

Feb 15, 2012#68

^^Well, Dolly didn't do anything wrong...lol

Master of Jenology

Feb 15, 2012#69

Yea shedidnt but sucks for the family. WOW.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 15, 2012#70

So sad!!!

Contributor

Feb 15, 2012#71

timmyd2121 wrote:^^Well, Dolly didn't do anything wrong...lol
                                            I have to agree as well. That's part of the music business guys, and I'm sure Whitney knew about it way before she even recorded the song. All those royalties were not going to go to her. You see & hear about this alot.

46K3,605
                                            Admin
                                            46K3,605

Feb 15, 2012#72

Yup, and then people shade Beyonce for taking advantage and getting her name on all her songs. #SmartBusiness

Master of Jenology

Feb 15, 2012#73

i m so sad she passed away.. i was not her biggest fan but I enjoyed her music alot..
                                                I loved her last album I look to you.. and now this song is so heavy to listen...
                                                RIP Whitney...
                                                she left us great songs..

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 24, 2012#74

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                                                  RIP :(

Read more posts (-1 remaining)