14K6,346
Contributor
14K6,346

Mar 20, 2018#1051

This looks so good :bow

it's out everywhere in April/May and of course in France it's late June :coffee

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 21, 2018#1052

nixy1991 wrote:
      daisylo wrote:Saw call me by your name and feel like I need to see it again, it was so beautiful and Timothee’s performance is one of the best I’ve seen in a long time, the Oscar should have been is, he Act with his all body so subtly it’s pretty rare.
      :jenclap

Knew you'd love it. It's one of those rare near-perfect movies IMO. Saw it three times, and I fell in love with it more each time. The scenery, the cinematography, the acting, the music... The directing overall and the presentation of the film is nothing short of stunning. I agree about Timothee, he deserved that Oscar over Oldman (the Academy tends to go for the shoutier performances), but what I think was the biggest snub was Sufjan Stevens for his song Mystery of Love. So good.

I wish they'd abandon this idea of doing sequels, which Guadagnino seems to be dead set on. This movie is such a unique moment in time and ends on such a perfect note, that I feel like adding more story onto it would be so unnecessary.

I have so many question about Call me by your name :(
      Such a beautiful Movie, kept me breathless in some scenes, yes, Timothee did a wonder job (didnt know he was that good, considered I only saw him in Interstellar and Lady bird,I hated him in lady bird lol) The ending is very heart breaking :( And WOW for a second part but yes, they should wait a few years.

Saw Lady Bird twice, I love Saoirse Ronan
      Saw The shape of water and it was really good, didn-t get the hype tho

Where do you guys watch movies(Question mark)
      Still Missing I, Tonya and the Gary Oldman one, Not sure if I want to watch the post

Love beats rhymes: Azealia Banks Acting debut and she was really good! (Im not happy about the ending tho lol)
      Netflix Movies: spectral, the cloverfield Paradox (I love science fiction)

Im sorry if i dont sound a pro like you guys lol, Im just an enthusiast O:)

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Mar 21, 2018#1053

Never read a book after seeing the movie but I really want to read Call me by your name for some reason

emilin wrote:
        Where do you guys watch movies(Question mark)
        Still Missing I, Tonya and the Gary Oldman one, Not sure if I want to watch the post

Love beats rhymes: Azealia Banks Acting debut and she was really good! (Im not happy about the ending tho lol)
        Netflix Movies: spectral, the cloverfield Paradox (I love science fiction)

I try to see most movies I really want to see in theater,I don't always have the time but I go at least once a week, then the ones I missed I get them online or wait for them to be on Netflix/TV etc..

loved Annihilation, great female ensemble, intriguing, complex and require multiple viewing kinda remind me of Arrival.

23K5,924
        Doctor of Jenology
        23K5,924

Mar 21, 2018#1054

The ones I'm excited for I watch in theaters, but the rest I wait for to come out online. Plus, some of them don't even come out here, so I don't have a choice. And I've learned to avoid seeing certain genres in the theater, like horror or comedies, because audiences tend to be particularly annoying during those.

I still haven't seen Annihilation, really excited about that one, I'll try to do it this weekend.

14K6,346
          Contributor
          14K6,346

Mar 21, 2018#1055

nixy1991 wrote:The ones I'm excited for I watch in theaters, but the rest I wait for to come out online. Plus, some of them don't even come out here, so I don't have a choice. And I've learned to avoid seeing certain genres in the theater, like horror or comedies, because audiences tend to be particularly annoying during those.

I still haven't seen Annihilation, really excited about that one, I'll try to do it this weekend.
            I actually like that but French audience aren't really that expressive at the movies and I usually go at a time where there isn't many people in the theater.

Intro to Jenology

Mar 21, 2018#1056

I can't wait to see this movie!! :woot

14K6,346
              Contributor
              14K6,346

Mar 21, 2018#1057

@Chiquito ^ yes this looks cute

Mar 21, 2018#1058

loved that trailer

Mar 22, 2018#1059

From the studio that brought you 27 Dresses :lol:

23K5,924
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    23K5,924

Mar 22, 2018#1060

That was hilarious. :lmao And holy shit, that's Ricky Baker from Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Didn't knew he was in this movie. HYPE!! :woot

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 25, 2018#1061

I avoid Horror films because i literally Can't sleep at nigh :paperbag
                        You guys did not tell me where exactly you watch film lol, I use pop corn time, do you know something bette(Question mark)

14K6,346
                        Contributor
                        14K6,346

Mar 26, 2018#1062

Freaking loved The disaster Artist, James Franco did an amazing job with his role and as a director it was funny and surprisingly touching

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 26, 2018#1063

emilin wrote:I avoid Horror films because i literally Can't sleep at nigh :paperbag
                            You guys did not tell me where exactly you watch film lol, I use pop corn time, do you know something bette(Question mark)
                            Download 4K torrents from trackers if you want to enjoy movies ;)

Intro to Jenology

Mar 28, 2018#1064

Please visit

Mar 28, 2018#1065

emilin wrote:I avoid Horror films because i literally Can't sleep at nigh :paperbag

This could literary have been an X-files episode : outer space alien , satanic monk etc :lol:

HE rules :bow

Apr 01, 2018#1066

Legendary Chris Walken turns 75 today , saw him on stage 8 yrs ago.....blew my mind :D

14K6,346
                                  Contributor
                                  14K6,346

Apr 04, 2018#1067

that looks crazy ! 

23K5,924
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    23K5,924

Apr 05, 2018#1068

2018 isn't at all impressive so far, lemme tell you that.

A Wrinkle In Time: HILARIOUS. This is Kidnap of 2018. I couldn't believe how awful this movie was, and it honestly made me lose all faith in Ava DuVernay as a filmmaker. Prior to this the only two movies I've seen from her were Selma (decent, but a glorified TV movie), and The 13th (really well made doc), and something tells me she'd be better off making documentaries. The entire cast was awful (the child actors were EXCRUCIATING, but Daisy's boyfriend Chris embarrassed himself the least, lol), the visuals were an eyesore, the score might as well have been composed by a robot, and the story went literally nowhere. The last time I've seen a big studio movie with this much unintentional humor was Suicide Squad. Only this one I never want to watch again, not even to laugh at it.

The Hurricane Heist: From Rob Cohen, the VISIONARY DIRECTOR of The Boy Next Door comes a movie about people stealing money while a hurricane is happening. It's dated, it's cheap, it's ugly looking, it makes zero sense, the acting is ridiculous (poor Toby Kebbell struggling with a Southern accent, yikes), and if it were as half as entertaining and funny as TBND, I would totally recommend it. But it's just kind of boring and clumsy, like something you'd watch on the SyFy channel.

Ready Player One: Meeeeh. Let's hope this movie marks the end of the 80s nostalgia bandwagon because I got sick of it two years ago, and somehow it's still happening. I guess I was born too late, I'm sorry. But that isn't even the problem of the movie. The characters are cardboard cutouts with zero development, the script is something late-period Pixar wouldn't even put on screen, and I was just wondering what the point of it all was? Easter eggs, references, all of those things are nice, but when they're not tied together by a compelling story, it all seems like a big waste. Not everything is bad about it, though, Tye Sheridan is a fantastic actor, and he's great in it, despite that all he's given to work with is lazy, expositional dialogue, the visuals are truly stunning, and this being Spielberg, the directing overall was great. But still, it's all eye candy, and nothing more. Better than The Post, I guess.

Annihilation: A movie I admire more than I love, but it was a really unique experience. It reminded me of Kubrick, not because of style, but because of how it always kept me at arm's length, I had a tough time connecting with it. The cast was phenomenal (Gina at points reminded me of Jen in Anaconda, lol), the score was unusual and added a lot to the film, and some of the scenes were so perfectly crafted, I had to go back and watch them again. I like bits and pieces of it more than the whole thing, but it's definitely a vision you don't see every day from a one of a kind filmmaker, and that's something that should be celebrated.

22K4,141
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      22K4,141

Apr 05, 2018#1069

I'm very interested on seeing Annihilation and I'll go tommorow to see the Emily Blunt movie. 

23K5,924
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        23K5,924

Apr 05, 2018#1070

CosTaSsSs wrote: I'm very interested on seeing Annihilation and I'll go tommorow to see the Emily Blunt movie. 
                                          Can't wait for A Quiet Place!

14K6,346
                                          Contributor
                                          14K6,346

Apr 05, 2018#1071

I really enjoyed Ready Player One maybe because I'm an 80s baby, I wouldn't say that it's a great movie but it was just fun to watch and I loved all the movies, cartoon and video games references. 

A Wrinkle In Time does look awful. 

23K5,924
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            23K5,924

Apr 14, 2018#1072

A Quiet Place was hit or miss to be honest. The only two truly great things about it were Emily Blunt's performance (possibly a career best), and the sound design. The script and some of the directorial choices were kind of ridiculous. It's not hard for me to suspend my disbelief in movies, but some of the situations and the way characters reacted to them were so wrongheaded, they took me completely out of it. I'll just say the third act of the movie is a gigantic trainwreck. What probably bothered me the most about it was Krasinski's choice to cram so much of that score in the film. Whenever the score started, the tension immediately deflated. He should've taken notes from Aronofsky, his decision not to use music and let the sound design do all the work in mother! was perfect, and it actually added a lot to the overall tone of the film. I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, and I'd recommend it for Emily's performance alone, but I still feel kind of disappointed.

14K6,346
                                              Contributor
                                              14K6,346

Apr 14, 2018#1073

^ huh hate that I have to wait 2 months to see it.

new trailers

Apr 14, 2018#1074

23K5,924
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  23K5,924

Apr 15, 2018#1075

Who asked for another Purge movie?

Read more posts (2122 remaining)