Admin

Mar 24, 2006#426

^ That doesn't necessarily matter...there's always a performer or two who sings a song nobody's really heard. Case in point: the Polyphonic Spree from 2004.

14K2,609
    Admin
    14K2,609

Mar 24, 2006#427

They've moved the awards back to NY. I think they got the date wrong, it's on the 31st of August.

MTV Video Music Awards Returns To New York City In 2006

NEW YORK, NY (MTV) - Christina Norman, President, MTV, today announced that the "2006 MTV Video Music Awards" will return to New York City. The 23rd annual awards show will air live from Radio City Music Hall on Thursday, August 31st at 8PM (ET/PT). The return of the VMAs marks the 13th time that the star studded music awards show will be held in New York City and the 10th time at the Radio City Music Hall. Host, performers, nominees, and presenters for the "2006 MTV Video Music Awards" will be announced soon.

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 25, 2006#428

Im glad it's back to NY

Admin

Mar 25, 2006#429

They sucked in Miami.

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 25, 2006#430

the first show in Miami was good..but the second but seriously what is up with the other MTV music awards...its even worst

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 25, 2006#431

SAN JUAN.- El cantante Marc Anthony ser el gran mariscal de la ya tradicional parada puertorriquea de Nueva York, inform Prensa Asociada.

Los organizadores del desfile, que tendr lugar el 11 de junio en la Quinta Avenida de Nueva York, dijeron que Marc Anthony fue seleccionado gran mariscal por haber puesto en alto el nombre de Puerto Rico.

"Estamos reconociendo su trayectoria artstica, su compromiso con el pueblo puertorriqueo y el reconocimiento que nos ha dado su exposicin ante el mundo", expres Ralph Morales, presidente de la junta de directores de la parada, que este ao celebra su edicin nmero 49.

Vivian Avils, gerente general de la corporacin que se encarga del mercadeo del desfile, seal que el intrprete reaccion muy emocionado cuando se le anuncio su seleccin.

"l estaba en California y el grito que peg lleg hasta Nueva York", expres, segn Prensa Asociada.

Ralph Morales manifest que, como parte del evento, se har un reconocimiento pstumo al salsero boricua Hctor Lavoe, considerado como el mejor sonero despus del "sonero mayor" Ismael Rivera. Lavoe muri de sida en 1993.

Dos presentaciones en la Isla

Marc Anthony ser parte del grupo de artistas que se presentarn durante la celebracin del 25 aniversario del Centro de Bellas Artes "Luis A. Ferr".

Su espectculo se realizar el 14 de mayo a las 8:30 de la noche, en la Sala de Festivales Antonio Paoli, de dicho centro. Los boletos para el show estn a la venta en Bellas Artes (787-620-4444), TicketCenter 792-5000 o a travs de www.ticketcenterpr.com.

En el 30 de septiembre tendr otro concierto en el "Choliseo". La venta de boletos es a travs de Ticketpop y en el propio "Choliseo".

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 25, 2006#432

^ingls por favor...(i cant speak this language so dont laugh )

Admin

Mar 25, 2006#433

Neither can I and a lot of others.

When you post in a foreign language, you must also provide a translation of some sort.

Master of Jenology

Mar 25, 2006#434

I think the article is about the Puerto Rican Parada in NY

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 25, 2006#435

translated:

SAN JUAN.- The singer Marc Anthony will be the great marshal of the already traditional puerto rican stop of new York, he reported Associated Press.

The organizers of the parade, that will take place June 11 in the Fifth Avenue of new York, they said that Marc Anthony was selected great marshal by having placed in high the name of Puerto Rico.

"We are recognizing its artistic path, its commitment with the puerto rican town and the recognition that its exposition before the world has given us", expressed Ralph Moral, president of the meeting of directors of the stop, that this year celebrates its edition number 49.

Vivian of Avila, general manager of the corporation that takes charge of the marketing of the parade, indicated that the interpreter reacted very touched when himself him announcement his selection.

"He was in California and the shout that hit arrived to New York", expressed, according to Associated Press.

Ralph Moral declared that, like part of the event, a posthumous recognition will be done al salsero boricua Hector Lavoe, considered as the best sonero after the "sonero greater" Ismael Rivera. Lavoe died of been in 1993.

Two presentations in the Island

Marc Anthony will be part of the group of artists that will be presented during the celebration of the 25 anniversary of the Center of Fine Arts "Luis A. Ferr".

Their spectacle will be carried out May 14 to the 8:30 at night, in the Room of Festivals Antonio Paoli, of said central. The tickets for the show are for sale in Fine Arts (787-620-4444), TicketCenter 792-5000 or through www.ticketcenterpr.com.

In September 30 will have another concert in the "Choliseo". The sale of tickets is through Ticketpop and in the own one "Choliseo".

14K2,609
                      Admin
                      14K2,609

Mar 25, 2006#436

Jennifer Lopez Fan Site Accused of Plagiarism
                        By Reuters
                        Mar 25, 2006, 11:52

WEST CHESTER, Penna. - A Jennifer Lopez fan site has been accused of plagiarism by Postcards from the Pug Bus editor in briefs, Phil Maggitti, who alleges that the fan site, www.jenniferlopez.net, "ripped off" his July 4, 2005, Pug Bus entry, "Jennifer Lopez Starts Pet Advice Column," and reprinted it without attribution the following day.

"This piracy on the Internet has got to stop," said Mr. Maggitti. "I stand with the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), the Motion Picture Association of America, and any other association of Americans dedicated to hunting down and suing the ass off pirates wherever they are.

"Recently the RIAA coined the word songlifter to describe someone who acquires music illegally over the Internet. Well, I've just coined the word wordlifter to describe the likes of www.jenniferlopez.net. I looked all over the offending page on which my article was posted, and I couldn't find a link to the original piece. If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'."

Asked why he took so long to accuse www.jenniferlopez.net of "wordlifting," Mr. Maggitti replied, "Because I just found out about it. Besides, I'm actually considering a reverse class action suit against www.jenniferlopez.net and www.drew.org, a Drew Barrymore fan site that wordlifted the same piece and ran it the same infamous day."

When Mr. Maggitti was asked why he hadn't noticed the alleged plagiarism sooner, he replied indignantly, "You think I've actually got time to read those kinds of sites? It's hard enough to satirize them, let alone read them. I happened to stumble across these two wordlifters because I was looking for something of my own to plagiarize today. It's Saturday, I was up late watching hoops and Bill Maher last night, and I wasn't feeling particularly funny this morning, so I thought I'd dust off something I had done a while ago and then go back to sleep."

Admin

Mar 25, 2006#437

Then I am a songlifter extraordinaire!
                          Quote:
                          "Jennifer Lopez Starts Pet Advice Column,
                          She never did answer my questions.

14K2,609
                          Admin
                          14K2,609

Mar 26, 2006#438

Jennifer Lopez Pregnancy Plan: Eat Your Spinach
                            By Angela Carson
                            Mar 26, 2006&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
                            Jennifer Lopez is turning to some old fashioned advice from mom as she makes plans to attempt to become a mom.

Jen Eats Healthy

Mom's advice - of course - eat your veggies. J. Lo. is going that and one better according to In Touch Weekly is set to eat like Popeye.

She's downing her spinach.

The magazine notes that while J. Lo. has always been a healthy eater but lately shes been eating more spinach than Popeye!

According to an insider, J.Lo, 36, is still trying to get pregnant and she was advised by her physician to increase her intake of folic acid, a vitamin B complex found in green leafy vegetables. Jennifers eating spinach three times a day, a pal says.

Spinach in omelets for breakfast, in salads for lunch and sauted for dinner Jennifers doing her best to better her odds of conceiving.

Admin

Mar 26, 2006#439

We all love our spinach. I love these stories. lol

Master of Jenology

Mar 27, 2006#440

if, by "love", you mean cringe-worthy, then so do I, lol.

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 27, 2006#441

random... i was getting my haircut and on my way back i saw a public bus drive by with a South Beach promo still on it.... ooo how i wish the show would have finished

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 27, 2006#442

^ I know thats too bad it didn't, I was just getting into it and it seemed like the upcoming episodes were going to be good

20K2,688
                                    Admin
                                    20K2,688

Mar 27, 2006#443

The best-paid actors and actresses
                                      Actor Age 2005 income
                                      Jennifer Aniston 37 $18 million...Nicole Kidman 38 $14.5 million
                                      Drew Barrymore 31 $22 million...Jennifer Lopez 36 $17 million
                                      Sandra Bullock 41 $10.5 million..Tobey Maguire 30 $32 million
                                      Tom Cruise 43 $31 million..Brad Pitt 42 $25 million
                                      Matt Damon 35 $17 million..Julia Roberts 38 $8 million
                                      Johnny Depp 42 $37 million..Ray Romano 48 $36.5 million
                                      Cameron Diaz 33 $13 million..Adam Sandler 39 $28 million
                                      Will Ferrell 38 $40 million...Will Smith 37 $35 million
                                      Jennifer Garner 33 $14 million...Denzel Washington 51 $30 million
                                      Patricia Heaton 47 $9 million...Naomi Watts 37 $11.5 million

-- By Lacey Rose, Forbes
                                      Twitter: @timmylovesjlo

14K2,609
                                      Admin
                                      14K2,609

Mar 28, 2006#444

NEW YORK (AP) - Morgan Freeman has friends in high places.

Celeb pals Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck and Laurence Fishburne have donated sleek, custom-made motorcycles to an online charity auction to benefit a planned memorial in Washington for Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

"People are always quoting" King, Freeman said in an interview Monday with The Associated Press. "He's remembered as our prince of peace, of civil rights. We owe him something major that will keep him and his memory alive."

The four bikes - two from Affleck and one each from Pitt and Fishburne - are up for bid on the Charity Folks website through Friday, Freeman said.

Freeman, who won an Oscar for his role in Million Dollar Baby, said he hopes "people will overbid" for a good cause.

Other celebrity items are being offered in the auction, including wedge-heeled shoes designed and signed by Jennifer Lopez and a DVD of Catch Me if You Can signed by Tom Hanks.

The memorial will be built on the National Mall, according to the website for Build the Dream, which is promoting the project. The centrepiece of the memorial, the Stone of Hope, will feature a 10-metre likeness of King.

Its location will create a visual "line of leadership" from the Lincoln Memorial, where King gave his famous I Have a Dream speech, to the Jefferson Memorial, the website says.

Groundbreaking is scheduled this year, with the goal of dedicating the site in 2008.

Admin

Mar 28, 2006#445

where?????

46K3,678
                                          Admin
                                          46K3,678

Mar 28, 2006#446

What Stars Spend - Jennifer Lopez

They've got all the money in the world - so what do they spend it on? This time, Jennifer Lopez.

Strutting around in Gucci and Versaci is second-nature to J-Lo. "I'm a bit of a shopaholic," she admits. "I don't have to call the hot line or anything, but I definitely enjoy it. I'm probably over the top, but I love trying on different outfits."

Jennifer Lopez says her curvaceous body is one of the things that encourages her to shop.

"I think it's fun to wear great clothes, and obviously if you have a few curves it's a great feeling to put on a dress that makes you feel attractive," she says.

"That's the whole point of clothes. You wear things that express who you are and make you feel good about yourself as much as make people stand up and take notice of who you are."

20K2,688
                                            Admin
                                            20K2,688

Mar 28, 2006#447

Quote:
                                              Jennifer Lopez says her curvaceous body is one of the things that encourages her to shop.
                                              funny cuz my body is what encourages me to stay home and eat cheetoes all day long...I aspire to be like the cheeto eating skank of britney.

*britney scarfing down cheetos* them sum' good cheeto's y'all!
                                              Twitter: @timmylovesjlo

Admin

Mar 29, 2006#448

Cheetos

So, this shopping bite. New interview coming out soon?

46K3,678
                                                Admin
                                                46K3,678

Mar 29, 2006#449

That's what I assumed.

14K2,609
                                                  Admin
                                                  14K2,609

Mar 29, 2006#450

^Hopefully

This 'eating spinach to conceive' article has quotes from her, although I can't imagine her sharing that info. lol

J.Lo Goes Green For Baby

March 29, 2006 7:52 a.m. EST

William J Brown - All Headline News Staff

(BANG) - Jennifer Lopez is so desperate to get pregnant she has started eating spinach to make herself more fertile.

The Latin star, who is married to singer Marc Anthony, has put herself on the strict diet to make sure she's in tip-top condition to conceive.

On her doctor's recommendations, J.Lo has been eating the leafy vegetablethree times a day to boost her intake of folic acid and increase her chances of conception.

The singer-turned-actress has labelled her new eating regime the 'Popeye'diet after the spinach munching cartoon character.

She said: "Since my doctor recommended it I've been on spinach omelettes for breakfast, spinach salad for lunch and sauted spinach with every dinner."

She added: "I guess if the spinach doesn't help me conceive, I'll still end up with Popeye-sized muscles."

Lopez married Anthony in a secret wedding in June 2004 amid rumors she was pregnant.

J.Lo became stepmother to Anthony's two sons, Cristian and Ryan, by hisex-wife, and daughter Arianna from a previous relationship, but is anxiousto start a family of her own.

Read more posts (53 remaining)