The 2018 Billboard Latin Music Awards + JLo Will Perform!

The 2018 Billboard Latin Music Awards + JLo Will Perform!

Intro to Jenology

Feb 07, 2018#1

Social Artist of the Year:
    J Balvin
    Jennifer Lopez
    Maluma
    Shakira

Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year, Female:
    Becky G
    Jennifer Lopez
    Natti Natasha
    Shakira

16K4,305
    Contributor
    16K4,305

Feb 07, 2018#2

It was a great year for Latin songs; Despacito, Chantaje, Mi Gente, Felices Los 4.
      and there was also Ni Tu Ni Yo.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2018#3

mEm wrote:It was a great year for Latin songs; Despacito, Chantaje, Mi Gente, Felices Los 4.
        and there was also Ni Tu Ni Yo.
        It's not impossible for her to win any of those categories. She didn't have a hit song last year and still won the Social Artist of the Year award.

20K7,822
        Doctor of Jenology
        20K7,822

Feb 07, 2018#4

Congrats !

Master of Jenology

Feb 07, 2018#5

If she win that category she be tied for 11 wins 11 nominations. I believe she has a shot to win because none of those females made a impact in latin radio since J.lo put out "Olvidame Y Pega La Vuelta","Ni Tu Ni Yo" & "Amor,Amor,Amor. If done right and they have her perform "Por Siempre Los Dos" she can win and used for easy promo to promote Spanish Album. The award ceremony not until April hopefully will have the album before.

Contributor

Feb 07, 2018#6

jenny4life2love wrote:If she win that category she be tied for 11 wins 11 nominations. I believe she has a shot to win because none of those females made a impact in latin radio since J.lo put out "Olvidame Y Pega La Vuelta","Ni Tu Ni Yo" & "Amor,Amor,Amor. If done right and they have her perform "Por Siempre Los Dos" she can win and used for easy promo to promote Spanish Album. The award ceremony not until April hopefully will have the album before.
              What do you mean ?

JLO wishes she had half of Shakira’s impact on radio this era. Shakira could win with “Me Enamore” and “Perto Fiel” alone both hit #1 on Hot Latin Songs” and “AirPlay”. Plus “Mayores” is a bigger hit than anything JLo has put out recently.

Feb 07, 2018#7

She could win “Social Artist” again.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2018#8

DominicanPapiBlaze wrote:
                  jenny4life2love wrote:If she win that category she be tied for 11 wins 11 nominations. I believe she has a shot to win because none of those females made a impact in latin radio since J.lo put out "Olvidame Y Pega La Vuelta","Ni Tu Ni Yo" & "Amor,Amor,Amor. If done right and they have her perform "Por Siempre Los Dos" she can win and used for easy promo to promote Spanish Album. The award ceremony not until April hopefully will have the album before.
                  What do you mean ?

JLO wishes she had half of Shakira’s impact on radio this era. Shakira could win with “Me Enamore” and “Perto Fiel” alone both hit #1 on Hot Latin Songs” and “AirPlay”. Plus “Mayores” is a bigger hit than anything JLo has put out recently.
                  No lies detected. Sad, but true. :(

Master of Jenology

Feb 07, 2018#9

QueenCedar101 wrote:
                    What do you mean ?

I’m sorry I have Not heard no Shakira song so idk but regardless. If she win 1 still better then 0 and if she perform be better.

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 07, 2018#10

Social artist of the year award? Absolutely.
                      Selena Gomez, Rihanna, and Jennifer Lopez dominate top 10 list of most powerful people on social media
                      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... media.html
                      She is the most popular on social media of the nominated artist..

Hot latin songs artist of the year, female? Sorry but no Shakira should get this one, hell even Becky G had a better year for Spanish music than Jen.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2018#11

jenny4life2love wrote:
                        QueenCedar101 wrote:
                        What do you mean ?

I’m sorry I have Not heard no Shakira song so idk but regardless. If she win 1 still better then 0 and if she perform be better.
                        Just because you have never heard the song, doesn't mean that no one else has. Shakira is literally a tour de force for females in Latin music right now. Her songs are really popular and she's still talked about.

Feb 07, 2018#12

_getfree wrote:Social artist of the year award? Absolutely.
                          Selena Gomez, Rihanna, and Jennifer Lopez dominate top 10 list of most powerful people on social media
                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... media.html
                          She is the most popular on social media of the nominated artist..

Hot latin songs artist of the year, female? Sorry but no Shakira should get this one, hell even Becky G had a better year for Spanish music than Jen.
                          She probably will. I thought it would be awarded based off of chart placements. It would make sense that Shakira would win or even more likely Becky G.

14K6,346
                          Contributor
                          14K6,346

Feb 07, 2018#13

So far the spanish era is a flop, they really didn't have anyone else to nominate ? but good for her I guess.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2018#14

I hope she doesn't miss this opportunity!

Contributor

Feb 07, 2018#15

Some of you all are just blind.

Shakira hit #1 on HOT LATIN SONGS (Which is airplay, digital downloads, streaming and YouTube combined) with MALUMA (Chantaje) , ALONE (Me Enamore) , PRINCE ROYCE (Deja Vu) & NICKY JAM (Perro Fiel).
                                Unfortunately, she smoked JLO last year and her reign won't let up.

A shame that Jennifer is on her 4th single (OYPLV, Chegaste, NTNY, AAA) and none have even been #1 on HLS. If they are going to buy any, they should be buying those because HLS is the overall most important Spanish BB list, the one that charts you on BB Hot 100 and the one that matters. Yes, it's frustrating to see this ICON be a FLOP on such easy charts to manage. I remember her not even being sent to radio with OYPLV ( I had people who work radios telling me this).

The album release date is undefined, and that has to do with management. An atrocity really, I hope they regrouped and put their bullshit aside and planned this shit out correctly so it comes full circle.

No, I do not work with her but I do work in the industry and hear stuff. I am not trying to be nothing or get any credit here; I am just saying the truth like I hear it. Hell, even Beyonce had a better year on Latin Music with only a fucking REMIX (She's nominated 7 times!) Maybe due to Balvin but JENNIFER should've been in that song.

She is just being lazy with her music in general and I'm not even gonna go into the acting. Hell, for being such a smart business woman, your two main careers drivers need some attention Jennifer ASAP!

14K2,614
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                14K2,614

Feb 08, 2018#16

I hope for a Big Production Performance of "DINERO"

Master of Jenology

Feb 08, 2018#17

Surely she will perform here!

13K1,207
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    13K1,207

Feb 14, 2018#18

Slaying main Billboard page

Bachelor of Jenology

Apr 06, 2018#19

it says they can't wait to see them on the red carpet, so maybe a confirmation that she's going

Master of Jenology

Apr 06, 2018#20

I think that she's gonna perform EL ANILLO

Intro to Jenology

Apr 06, 2018#21

JLOVING wrote: I think that she's gonna perform EL ANILLO
                                            That would be amazing!! Let's hope so

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 07, 2018#22

What’s the date of Billboard Music Awards?

Master of Jenology

Apr 07, 2018#23

Latin billboard 26 April. The same week of the release of the next single

Contributor

Apr 07, 2018#24

JLOVING wrote: Latin billboard 26 April. The same week of the release of the next single
                                                  When is the release of the next single ? Source ?

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 07, 2018#25

JLOVING wrote: Latin billboard 26 April. The same week of the release of the next single
                                                    Thanks!

Read more posts (559 remaining)