The 2018 Billboard Latin Music Awards

All the latest Jennifer Lopez news, pictures, gossip, appearances, etc.
tamigg
Intro to Jenology

by tamigg, Feb 7th, 2018, 9:47 am

Social Artist of the Year:
J Balvin
Jennifer Lopez
Maluma
Shakira

Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year, Female:
Becky G
Jennifer Lopez
Natti Natasha
Shakira
mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Feb 7th, 2018, 10:08 am

It was a great year for Latin songs; Despacito, Chantaje, Mi Gente, Felices Los 4.
and there was also Ni Tu Ni Yo.
QueenCedar101
Intermediate Jenology

by QueenCedar101, Feb 7th, 2018, 10:24 am

mEm wrote:It was a great year for Latin songs; Despacito, Chantaje, Mi Gente, Felices Los 4.
and there was also Ni Tu Ni Yo.

It's not impossible for her to win any of those categories. She didn't have a hit song last year and still won the Social Artist of the Year award.
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology

by Luka711, Feb 7th, 2018, 10:42 am

Congrats !
jenny4life2love
Bachelor of Jenology

by jenny4life2love, Feb 7th, 2018, 11:20 am

If she win that category she be tied for 11 wins 11 nominations. I believe she has a shot to win because none of those females made a impact in latin radio since J.lo put out "Olvidame Y Pega La Vuelta","Ni Tu Ni Yo" & "Amor,Amor,Amor. If done right and they have her perform "Por Siempre Los Dos" she can win and used for easy promo to promote Spanish Album. The award ceremony not until April hopefully will have the album before.
DominicanPapiBlaze
Contributor
Contributor

by DominicanPapiBlaze, Feb 7th, 2018, 11:42 am

jenny4life2love wrote:If she win that category she be tied for 11 wins 11 nominations. I believe she has a shot to win because none of those females made a impact in latin radio since J.lo put out "Olvidame Y Pega La Vuelta","Ni Tu Ni Yo" & "Amor,Amor,Amor. If done right and they have her perform "Por Siempre Los Dos" she can win and used for easy promo to promote Spanish Album. The award ceremony not until April hopefully will have the album before.

What do you mean ?

JLO wishes she had half of Shakira’s impact on radio this era. Shakira could win with “Me Enamore” and “Perto Fiel” alone both hit #1 on Hot Latin Songs” and “AirPlay”. Plus “Mayores” is a bigger hit than anything JLo has put out recently.
DominicanPapiBlaze
Contributor
Contributor

by DominicanPapiBlaze, Feb 7th, 2018, 11:42 am

She could win “Social Artist” again.
QueenCedar101
Intermediate Jenology

by QueenCedar101, Feb 7th, 2018, 12:24 pm

DominicanPapiBlaze wrote:
jenny4life2love wrote:If she win that category she be tied for 11 wins 11 nominations. I believe she has a shot to win because none of those females made a impact in latin radio since J.lo put out "Olvidame Y Pega La Vuelta","Ni Tu Ni Yo" & "Amor,Amor,Amor. If done right and they have her perform "Por Siempre Los Dos" she can win and used for easy promo to promote Spanish Album. The award ceremony not until April hopefully will have the album before.

What do you mean ?

JLO wishes she had half of Shakira’s impact on radio this era. Shakira could win with “Me Enamore” and “Perto Fiel” alone both hit #1 on Hot Latin Songs” and “AirPlay”. Plus “Mayores” is a bigger hit than anything JLo has put out recently.

No lies detected. Sad, but true. :(
jenny4life2love
Bachelor of Jenology

by jenny4life2love, Feb 7th, 2018, 12:42 pm

QueenCedar101 wrote:

What do you mean ?

I’m sorry I have Not heard no Shakira song so idk but regardless. If she win 1 still better then 0 and if she perform be better.
_getfree
Intermediate Jenology

by _getfree, Feb 7th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Social artist of the year award? Absolutely.
Selena Gomez, Rihanna, and Jennifer Lopez dominate top 10 list of most powerful people on social media
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5346407/Selena-Gomez-Rihanna-JLO-social-media.html
She is the most popular on social media of the nominated artist..

Hot latin songs artist of the year, female? Sorry but no Shakira should get this one, hell even Becky G had a better year for Spanish music than Jen.
QueenCedar101
Intermediate Jenology

by QueenCedar101, Feb 7th, 2018, 1:35 pm

jenny4life2love wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:

What do you mean ?

I’m sorry I have Not heard no Shakira song so idk but regardless. If she win 1 still better then 0 and if she perform be better.

Just because you have never heard the song, doesn't mean that no one else has. Shakira is literally a tour de force for females in Latin music right now. Her songs are really popular and she's still talked about.
QueenCedar101
Intermediate Jenology

by QueenCedar101, Feb 7th, 2018, 1:35 pm

_getfree wrote:Social artist of the year award? Absolutely.
Selena Gomez, Rihanna, and Jennifer Lopez dominate top 10 list of most powerful people on social media
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5346407/Selena-Gomez-Rihanna-JLO-social-media.html
She is the most popular on social media of the nominated artist..

Hot latin songs artist of the year, female? Sorry but no Shakira should get this one, hell even Becky G had a better year for Spanish music than Jen.

She probably will. I thought it would be awarded based off of chart placements. It would make sense that Shakira would win or even more likely Becky G.
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor

by daisylo, Feb 7th, 2018, 2:22 pm

So far the spanish era is a flop, they really didn't have anyone else to nominate ? but good for her I guess.
Mille Backer
Master of Jenology

by Mille Backer, Feb 7th, 2018, 2:44 pm

I hope she doesn't miss this opportunity!
DominicanPapiBlaze
Contributor
Contributor

by DominicanPapiBlaze, Feb 7th, 2018, 4:39 pm

Some of you all are just blind.

Shakira hit #1 on HOT LATIN SONGS (Which is airplay, digital downloads, streaming and YouTube combined) with MALUMA (Chantaje) , ALONE (Me Enamore) , PRINCE ROYCE (Deja Vu) & NICKY JAM (Perro Fiel).
Unfortunately, she smoked JLO last year and her reign won't let up.

A shame that Jennifer is on her 4th single (OYPLV, Chegaste, NTNY, AAA) and none have even been #1 on HLS. If they are going to buy any, they should be buying those because HLS is the overall most important Spanish BB list, the one that charts you on BB Hot 100 and the one that matters. Yes, it's frustrating to see this ICON be a FLOP on such easy charts to manage. I remember her not even being sent to radio with OYPLV ( I had people who work radios telling me this).

The album release date is undefined, and that has to do with management. An atrocity really, I hope they regrouped and put their bullshit aside and planned this shit out correctly so it comes full circle.

No, I do not work with her but I do work in the industry and hear stuff. I am not trying to be nothing or get any credit here; I am just saying the truth like I hear it. Hell, even Beyonce had a better year on Latin Music with only a fucking REMIX (She's nominated 7 times!) Maybe due to Balvin but JENNIFER should've been in that song.

She is just being lazy with her music in general and I'm not even gonna go into the acting. Hell, for being such a smart business woman, your two main careers drivers need some attention Jennifer ASAP!
rafaelsalguero
Doctor of Jenology

by rafaelsalguero, Feb 8th, 2018, 12:33 am

I hope for a Big Production Performance of "DINERO"
JLOVING
Bachelor of Jenology

by JLOVING, Feb 8th, 2018, 3:52 am

Surely she will perform here!
kateflo
Doctor of Jenology

by kateflo, Feb 14th, 2018, 9:34 am

Slaying main Billboard page