JLO X CARDI B x DJ KHALED COMING!!

All the latest Jennifer Lopez news, pictures, gossip, appearances, etc.
fannnnnnn
Master of Jenology

by fannnnnnn, Dec 23rd, 2017, 12:08 pm

Everything about this is promising. Those of you complaining will never be pleased. Haven’t been this excited for a single since On The Floor. The hype building is the best she’s had in years. And the collaboration is buzz worthy. Be grateful! It sounds like it’s going to be fire!
lucinda
Bachelor of Jenology

by lucinda, Dec 23rd, 2017, 12:10 pm

Mille Backer wrote:I remembered this blouse from somewhere... She just changed the bra!

You should work for Fashion Police :D
BlowAway
Master of Jenology

by BlowAway, Dec 23rd, 2017, 12:22 pm

fannnnnnn wrote:Everything about this is promising. Those of you complaining will never be pleased. Haven’t been this excited for a single since On The Floor. The hype building is the best she’s had in years. And the collaboration is buzz worthy. Be grateful! It sounds like it’s going to be fire!

THIS tbh!
The buzz is out there.
Mille Backer
Master of Jenology

by Mille Backer, Dec 23rd, 2017, 12:23 pm

lucinda wrote:
Mille Backer wrote:I remembered this blouse from somewhere... She just changed the bra!

You should work for Fashion Police :D

I would love it, too bad the show got shit after Joan's death!
Chiquito
Intro to Jenology

by Chiquito, Dec 23rd, 2017, 12:23 pm

OMG you guys!
Dj Kalled is working hard to be the new head of Epic Records ever since L.A Reid got fired in May. This is definitely his move to get it, if Kalled can get JLO a smash hit he can prove he has what it takes for the job. He is also doing it with Future and some others, but none of them got the hype Jennifer is getting!! This is her best shot of getting a hit! I'm so excited for this!!

PS: After a long time of watching everyone's comments I decided to finally create an account! Hey everyone!
NB1990
Intro to Jenology

by NB1990, Dec 23rd, 2017, 2:10 pm

Chiquito wrote:OMG you guys!
Dj Kalled is working hard to be the new head of Epic Records ever since L.A Reid got fired in May. This is definitely his move to get it, if Kalled can get JLO a smash hit he can prove he has what it takes for the job. He is also doing it with Future and some others, but none of them got the hype Jennifer is getting!! This is her best shot of getting a hit! I'm so excited for this!!

PS: After a long time of watching everyone's comments I decided to finally create an account! Hey everyone!
welcome cute, name chiquito
master19
Bachelor of Jenology

by master19, Dec 23rd, 2017, 3:30 pm

what is everyone thinking the track will be English or Spanish???
emiliano06
Intermediate Jenology

by emiliano06, Dec 23rd, 2017, 3:42 pm

Am I the only one in this forum still excited because of the spanish album..??
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology

by Luka711, Dec 23rd, 2017, 3:44 pm

I think spanglish or full spanish. I dont see them releasing an english track all of sudden.
JayB
Bachelor of Jenology

by JayB, Dec 23rd, 2017, 4:07 pm

I'm usually positive but this doesn't seem that great, both of those "artist" seem overly ghetto trashy not street just ghetto. It's not a good look for Jennifer who is more street/ classy
Crazy4JenL
Contributor
Contributor

by Crazy4JenL, Dec 23rd, 2017, 8:52 pm

Interesting...love the hype he is putting behind this and this is the way Jen should be promoting new music. Let’s hope they stick with it and not let the hype go to waste and die out. And finally a smart move with getting the it girl of the moment and not waiting to she is washed out..
Chiquito
Intro to Jenology

by Chiquito, Dec 23rd, 2017, 9:03 pm

NB1990 wrote:
Chiquito wrote:OMG you guys!

welcome cute, name chiquito

Thanks! :hug
RuRuLoVesJLO
Contributor
Contributor

by RuRuLoVesJLO, Dec 23rd, 2017, 11:21 pm

daisylo wrote:
nixy1991 wrote:Cardi B is local and her music is complete garbage, but I like her personality. She's fun in interviews.

Is that an act or is she really like that ?

No, if you ever lived in the Bronx, you'd encounter other birds like Cardi out there and all over Washington Heights
RuRuLoVesJLO
Contributor
Contributor

by RuRuLoVesJLO, Dec 23rd, 2017, 11:30 pm

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
emilin wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
But J.Lo, please shut your mouth in the damn studio. Let them do what they do. I'm not here for the "oh let's add the merengue part here because I like it and I can be picky". Bitch have you looked at your trajectory? You really should have no say. Picky hasn't gotten you a hit in years. DJ Khaled has been serving hits. #1 hits at that. Someone please tell her to be quiet and just listen!

I swear if she ruins this song by changing arrangements already... ch...

I disagree. You haven't heard the final so you can't say that.
Jennifer getting involve with the song makes me feel that she is really into her music. I think is really good that she's working in original music rather that just getting leftovers

I get what you're saying, but I think you guys are misinterpreting what I said.

I like that she is being part of the process, but we also know that her career always needed some creative control. Tommy Mottola says hi. L.A. Reid says hi. If it was up to her she'd be over a long time ago. Let's not forget that she didn't want to record "Booty" ("Dat A Freak"), and she got the extra push from Chris Brown & her TWINS. Like really? Basically, the whole song was changed per her liking, and it didn't have the same umph nor the same bassline as the demo. The bass doesn't drop until after the second verse? Odd choice. Nevertheless, the song save that era, and it went Platinum.

So yes, I like that she's involved and she has a certain vision for her material. Trust me I do. I'm a huge fan of her music you guys know that. But they also know what they are doing. She has to trust them. DJ Khaled has served a #1 and a Top 2 single this year alone. He is also a respected producer in the Hip-Hop community. She should give the production a chance without being so quick to change things around. That's just my opinion.

JLOz1FaNaTiC is a true JLo fan, he knows her weaknesses and strengths, and JLo should have zero say on her music. A true JLo fan would know that Jennifer is at her best in the passenger's seat when it comes to her music career while the actual people who have an ear for talent like Tommy, Puffy, and LA Reid guide her.

Jennifer didn't want IYHML as the first single, hell she didn't even want it as a single. Thanks to Puff and Tommy they chose that song as her first single.
Jennifer didn't want to record AIF & I"m Real Remix, thanks to Tommy she did and he put it on radio.
Jennifer didn't want to record Booty, thanks to Chris Brown, he gave Jen her last hit and the only hit on AKA. Chris Brown should've executive produced the entire AKA album.
When Jen finished LOVE, Sony didn't want it and she had no hit on the album. LA Reid saved the day by bringing in RedOne and making Jen record RedOne's reject leftovers that other artists didn't want and LA Reid made LOVE work!

The moral of the story, Jen should never have a say when it comes to her music. Ever.
danny5585
Intermediate Jenology

by danny5585, Dec 24th, 2017, 12:02 am

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
emilin wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
But J.Lo, please shut your mouth in the damn studio. Let them do what they do. I'm not here for the "oh let's add the merengue part here because I like it and I can be picky". Bitch have you looked at your trajectory? You really should have no say. Picky hasn't gotten you a hit in years. DJ Khaled has been serving hits. #1 hits at that. Someone please tell her to be quiet and just listen!

Jennifer getting involve with the song makes me feel that she is really into her music. I think is really good that she's working in original music rather that just getting leftovers

I like that she is being part of the process, but we also know that her career always needed some creative control. Tommy Mottola says hi. L.A. Reid says hi. If it was up to her she'd be over a long time ago. Let's not forget that she didn't want to record "Booty" ("Dat A Freak"), and she got the extra push from Chris Brown & her TWINS. Like really? Basically, the whole song was changed per her liking, and it didn't have the same umph nor the same bassline as the demo. The bass doesn't drop until after the second verse? Odd choice. Nevertheless, the song save that era, and it went Platinum.

So yes, I like that she's involved and she has a certain vision for her material. Trust me I do. I'm a huge fan of her music you guys know that. But they also know what they are doing. She has to trust them. DJ Khaled has served a #1 and a Top 2 single this year alone. He is also a respected producer in the Hip-Hop community. She should give the production a chance without being so quick to change things around. That's just my opinion.

JLOz1FaNaTiC is a true JLo fan, he knows her weaknesses and strengths, and JLo should have zero say on her music. A true JLo fan would know that Jennifer is at her best in the passenger's seat when it comes to her music career while the actual people who have an ear for talent like Tommy, Puffy, and LA Reid guide her.

Jennifer didn't want IYHML as the first single, hell she didn't even want it as a single. Thanks to Puff and Tommy they chose that song as her first single.
Jennifer didn't want to record AIF & I"m Real Remix, thanks to Tommy she did and he put it on radio.
Jennifer didn't want to record Booty, thanks to Chris Brown, he gave Jen her last hit and the only hit on AKA. Chris Brown should've executive produced the entire AKA album.
When Jen finished LOVE, Sony didn't want it and she had no hit on the album. LA Reid saved the day by bringing in RedOne and making Jen record RedOne's reject leftovers that other artists didn't want and LA Reid made LOVE work!

The moral of the story, Jen should never have a say when it comes to her music. Ever.

Problem with her is she always wants to go the same direction, she always wants to sound like the same girl Jenny from the Block and she´s too concerned about new sounds not ¨being what JLo is about¨.

OTF for example is a song she would have NEVER thought to record on her own, it was a completely new sound for her but she did succeed to make it her own... THAT´S what she should do, try new things and different directions and stop approaching every song as the same JLo but to try new personas for her songs...

I don´t see freaking merengue working on a hip hop song with Cardi B, you don´t need to make it sound more ¨Doña Lopez¨, try a completely different new sound and make it your bitch!... So I agree, she should of course be involved in the creative process but she needs a strong team that pushes her in the right direction and have the final say.
JayB
Bachelor of Jenology

by JayB, Dec 24th, 2017, 12:05 am

Seriously guys? You're saying Jennifer should never have a say in her music. I'm not sure if you're joking or not, either way it's not funny. How can you be JLO fans of you don't even like or appreciate her own artist direction. You guys are confusing lol
JFan
Intermediate Jenology

by JFan, Dec 24th, 2017, 12:12 am

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
emilin wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:

Almost none of this is true. Someone's off his meds again.
JLOz1FaNaTiC
Contributor
Contributor

by JLOz1FaNaTiC, Dec 24th, 2017, 12:24 am

JFan wrote:
RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
emilin wrote:

Actually, all of what RuRu is saying is factual, and we have the sources to back up his claim.

If you did not know any of the tea above then you really need to read the Jennifer Lopez's music manual again. Seriously, it just shows that you guys don't pay attention to the small details as much as you guys act like you do. All this tea is not new news. We've discussed it so many times here as well.

Where have you been? A true fan knows all this info already.
alexliveitup!
Intro to Jenology

by alexliveitup!, Dec 24th, 2017, 12:52 am

Jennifer continue performing Feeling So Good and Hold It Dont Drop It at every show but forget about a million better songs as Im gonna be alrighat, Play, Im Glad or even Live It Up.
JFan
Intermediate Jenology

by JFan, Dec 24th, 2017, 1:54 am

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
JFan wrote:
RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:I get what you're saying, but I think you guys are misinterpreting what I said.

Actually, all of what RuRu is saying is factual, and we have the sources to back up his claim.

If you did not know any of the tea above then you really need to read the Jennifer Lopez's music manual again. Seriously, it just shows that you guys don't pay attention to the small details as much as you guys act like you do. All this tea is not new news. We've discussed it so many times here as well.

Where have you been? A true fan knows all this info already.

Please post these "sources." Jen never wanted to record IYHML? Tommy and Puff chose it as the first single? Jen didn't want to record AIF or IR, but Tommy forced her to? She jokingly mentioned that she didn't think she'd ever record a song called "Big Booty" in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel, but Chris Brown forced her to? Provide proof of all this.
chrisjlover
Bachelor of Jenology

by chrisjlover, Dec 24th, 2017, 2:24 am

That's why BBJLo is flopping nowadays ..
mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Dec 24th, 2017, 2:31 am

I CANT @ the people who have been saying that Jen has no control over her music, that she only relies on producers etc FOR YEARS, telling that "Jen should never have a say in her music." when they saw Jen in the studio sessions taking an active part.

(So called) JLovers are the worst.
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology

by Luka711, Dec 24th, 2017, 2:36 am

Embarrassing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First 3 pages long essays about Jen recording vocals and leaving the studio and now this .....
No further comments.
nixy1991
Doctor of Jenology

by nixy1991, Dec 24th, 2017, 3:12 am

So you're saying that in order for you to enjoy her music, she'd have to be completely uninvolved in the creation of it. That makes zero sense, and it's a really shitty and disrespectful thing to say. It wouldn't even cross my mind to say that about any artist, let alone one I'm a fan of. Wow.

juniorsega
Master of Jenology

by juniorsega, Dec 24th, 2017, 5:16 am

Uhh I want Jen involved in her craft but it's true Jen doesn't have the ear for singles. That's not to say Jen needs to take a back seat but she needs someone to guide her.

Now I don't quite remember her not wanting to record IYHML but I do remember Jen wanting FSG as the lead, she also hated WFT when they brought her the rough demo but was it Corey Rooney(?) That Saw the potential and worked on it then brought it to Jen again and she loved it. I mean if no one was their to guide Jen she would've discarded WFT so easily and I'm sure Jen has done that with other tracks. Motolla also convinced Jen to release the only two urban songs (JFTB&AIH) from her 3rd album as the 1st and 2nd single. If I remember correctly they weren't even recorded when he heard the record and said there were no single worthy tracks and got Jen back in the studio.

Also he's right LA REID got Jen to record OTF and Chris Brown and her kids convinced Jen to record Booty.

Now it seems someone finally stood up to Jen and said ima get you in the studio with cardi b and Dj Khaled and strike while the iron is hot so we might get a hit this era. It's like the same story over and over i swear, then Jen will ruin the momentum by releasing some vanilla 4th single that she calls her favorite track off the album.

I'm ready for this messy ride.

Return to “General Discussion”