22K4,141
Doctor of Jenology
22K4,141

Dec 24, 2017#176

It's crazy asking her not being involved in the process of a song. That's not an artist... that's just a singer and our girl has shown that her creativity sometimes may create wonders (e.g. I'm Glad), She has almost 20 years in the music business, and she has prove that she had hits and succesful periods even when other women struggle at her age. Yeah promotion sucks... and her team isn't the best when it comes to plan a promotion strategy for her songs, but we can't tell her what songs she will sing. It's her thing and we are either with her or against her.

The worst thing I read was that she should quit her music and continue only the movie career. Why should she quit it? because she doesn't top the charts anymore? Personally, I don't care anymore as long as I like the songs... She can put out as many albums as she wants and even if they flop I would still enjoy the songs. She's not 20 or 30 and you guys compare her with other artists who are hot right now. Look at Gaga, she is flopping harder than ever but she's an acclaimed artist, look at Katy Perry flopping here and there. P!nk and Kesha struggle, Britney released a ninth album and she failed hard but her album got praised.

12K11,437
    Contributor
    12K11,437

Dec 24, 2017#177

Some people on here are ridiculous lol. Jen is involved much more in her music then people like to give credit for. That may not always be the best thing but whenever we see her in the studio she always looks heavily involved...story of her life with people always wanting to discredit her.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 24, 2017#178

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
        JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
        emilin wrote:
        JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
        But J.Lo, please shut your mouth in the damn studio. Let them do what they do. I'm not here for the "oh let's add the merengue part here because I like it and I can be picky". Bitch have you looked at your trajectory? You really should have no say. Picky hasn't gotten you a hit in years. DJ Khaled has been serving hits. #1 hits at that. Someone please tell her to be quiet and just listen!

I swear if she ruins this song by changing arrangements already... ch...
        I disagree. You haven't heard the final so you can't say that.
        Jennifer getting involve with the song makes me feel that she is really into her music. I think is really good that she's working in original music rather that just getting leftovers
        I get what you're saying, but I think you guys are misinterpreting what I said.

I like that she is being part of the process, but we also know that her career always needed some creative control. Tommy Mottola says hi. L.A. Reid says hi. If it was up to her she'd be over a long time ago. Let's not forget that she didn't want to record "Booty" ("Dat A Freak"), and she got the extra push from Chris Brown & her TWINS. Like really? Basically, the whole song was changed per her liking, and it didn't have the same umph nor the same bassline as the demo. The bass doesn't drop until after the second verse? Odd choice. Nevertheless, the song save that era, and it went Platinum.

So yes, I like that she's involved and she has a certain vision for her material. Trust me I do. I'm a huge fan of her music you guys know that. But they also know what they are doing. She has to trust them. DJ Khaled has served a #1 and a Top 2 single this year alone. He is also a respected producer in the Hip-Hop community. She should give the production a chance without being so quick to change things around. That's just my opinion.

JLOz1FaNaTiC is a true JLo fan, he knows her weaknesses and strengths, and JLo should have zero say on her music. A true JLo fan would know that Jennifer is at her best in the passenger's seat when it comes to her music career while the actual people who have an ear for talent like Tommy, Puffy, and LA Reid guide her.

Jennifer didn't want IYHML as the first single, hell she didn't even want it as a single. Thanks to Puff and Tommy they chose that song as her first single.
        Jennifer didn't want to record AIF & I"m Real Remix, thanks to Tommy she did and he put it on radio.
        Jennifer didn't want to record Booty, thanks to Chris Brown, he gave Jen her last hit and the only hit on AKA. Chris Brown should've executive produced the entire AKA album.
        When Jen finished LOVE, Sony didn't want it and she had no hit on the album. LA Reid saved the day by bringing in RedOne and making Jen record RedOne's reject leftovers that other artists didn't want and LA Reid made LOVE work!

The moral of the story, Jen should never have a say when it comes to her music. Ever.
        Is there any proof of that? Or did you just get it off of Wikipedia? What you're saying makes absolutely zero sense. That she shouldn't have a say in her music? Bruh, she should have some creative control and help out on making the song. A true fan would not care about the charts and let her make her music however she wants. Stop being so obsessed with the charts.

Dec 24, 2017#179

nixy1991 wrote:So you're saying that in order for you to enjoy her music, she'd have to be completely uninvolved in the creation of it. That makes zero sense, and it's a really shitty and disrespectful thing to say. I wouldn't even cross my mind to say that about any artist, let alone one I'm a fan of. Wow.

Some people on here are way too chart obsessed. It's obvious that some people on here aren't very bright.

Contributor

Dec 24, 2017#180

QueenCedar101 wrote:
            RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
            JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
            emilin wrote:
            I disagree. You haven't heard the final so you can't say that.
            Jennifer getting involve with the song makes me feel that she is really into her music. I think is really good that she's working in original music rather that just getting leftovers
            I get what you're saying, but I think you guys are misinterpreting what I said.

I like that she is being part of the process, but we also know that her career always needed some creative control. Tommy Mottola says hi. L.A. Reid says hi. If it was up to her she'd be over a long time ago. Let's not forget that she didn't want to record "Booty" ("Dat A Freak"), and she got the extra push from Chris Brown & her TWINS. Like really? Basically, the whole song was changed per her liking, and it didn't have the same umph nor the same bassline as the demo. The bass doesn't drop until after the second verse? Odd choice. Nevertheless, the song save that era, and it went Platinum.

So yes, I like that she's involved and she has a certain vision for her material. Trust me I do. I'm a huge fan of her music you guys know that. But they also know what they are doing. She has to trust them. DJ Khaled has served a #1 and a Top 2 single this year alone. He is also a respected producer in the Hip-Hop community. She should give the production a chance without being so quick to change things around. That's just my opinion.

JLOz1FaNaTiC is a true JLo fan, he knows her weaknesses and strengths, and JLo should have zero say on her music. A true JLo fan would know that Jennifer is at her best in the passenger's seat when it comes to her music career while the actual people who have an ear for talent like Tommy, Puffy, and LA Reid guide her.

Jennifer didn't want IYHML as the first single, hell she didn't even want it as a single. Thanks to Puff and Tommy they chose that song as her first single.
            Jennifer didn't want to record AIF & I"m Real Remix, thanks to Tommy she did and he put it on radio.
            Jennifer didn't want to record Booty, thanks to Chris Brown, he gave Jen her last hit and the only hit on AKA. Chris Brown should've executive produced the entire AKA album.
            When Jen finished LOVE, Sony didn't want it and she had no hit on the album. LA Reid saved the day by bringing in RedOne and making Jen record RedOne's reject leftovers that other artists didn't want and LA Reid made LOVE work!

The moral of the story, Jen should never have a say when it comes to her music. Ever.
            Is there any proof of that? Or did you just get it off of Wikipedia? What you're saying makes absolutely zero sense. That she shouldn't have a say in her music? Bruh, she should have some creative control and help out on making the song. A true fan would not care about the charts and let her make her music however she wants. Stop being so obsessed with the charts.

Again if you're a true JLo fan you would know this. In her 2003 interview with Vibe magazine she was with Ben Affleck, she said she didn't want Jenny from the Block and All I Have as singles. Those are some of her iconic hits.

2003 Vibe Interview: This Is Me.... Then, was in the Top 10 for three months. The album is a departure from her previous work, though you wouldn't know it from the first two familiar-sounding releases. "I didn't want 'Jenny From the Block' or 'All I Have' (one of her biggest hits!) to be singles," she says of an instance where she relinquished control.
            http://www.beyondbeautifuljlo.com/galle ... play_media

On her Feelin' So Good DVD interview she said she wanted FSG to be her first single when it was 3rd single material.

Charts are important, if they weren't important then Jen would acknowledge her flop singles like AYM, Louboutins and Fresh Out The Oven. And yet her biggest chart performers are the songs that everyone knows and people want to hear from her. On top of that, when her music performs well on the charts, her albums actually get released and we all know how long she's been dragging this Spanish album.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 24, 2017#181

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
              QueenCedar101 wrote:
              RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
              JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote: I get what you're saying, but I think you guys are misinterpreting what I said.

Again if you're a true JLo fan you would know this. In her 2003 interview with Vibe magazine she was with Ben Affleck, she said she didn't want Jenny from the Block and All I Have as singles. Those are some of her iconic hits.

2003 Vibe Interview: This Is Me.... Then, was in the Top 10 for three months. The album is a departure from her previous work, though you wouldn't know it from the first two familiar-sounding releases. "I didn't want 'Jenny From the Block' or 'All I Have' (one of her biggest hits!) to be singles," she says of an instance where she relinquished control.
              http://www.beyondbeautifuljlo.com/galle ... play_media

On her Feelin' So Good DVD interview she said she wanted FSG to be her first single when it was 3rd single material.

Charts are important, if they weren't important then Jen would acknowledge her flop singles like AYM, Louboutins and Fresh Out The Oven. And yet her biggest chart performers are the songs that everyone knows and people want to hear from her. On top of that, when her music performs well on the charts, her albums actually get released and we all know how long she's been dragging this Spanish album.
              You do realize that the chart can easily be manipulated, right? Plus, sales in the music industry are going down in general. There are a few that can sell well, but she's not one of them. But you'll have to have an excellent PR team for that. Charts =/= Good songs. There are many artists out there that aren't charting that are better than the ones that are. Real music fans don't care about the charts and only care about the music. So by that logic, that 1-800 song, and LWYMMD are good songs?

It's obvious that you're not very bright.

12K588
              Doctor of Jenology
              12K588

Dec 24, 2017#182

mEm wrote:I CANT @ the people who have been saying that Jen has no control over her music, that she only relies on producers etc FOR YEARS, telling that "Jen should never have a say in her music." when they saw Jen in the studio sessions taking an active part.
                (So called) JLovers are the worst.
                nixy1991 wrote:So you're saying that in order for you to enjoy her music, she'd have to be completely uninvolved in the creation of it. That makes zero sense, and it's a really shitty and disrespectful thing to say. It wouldn't even cross my mind to say that about any artist, let alone one I'm a fan of. Wow.
                Crazy4JenL wrote:Some people on here are ridiculous lol. Jen is involved much more in her music then people like to give credit for. That may not always be the best thing but whenever we see her in the studio she always looks heavily involved...story of her life with people always wanting to discredit her.
                #PREACH :bow

Intermediate Jenology

Dec 24, 2017#183

When sony gets involved in a project for Jennifer bad things come to my mind such as Amanda ghost launching Pharrell Williams creating FreSh out the oven

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 25, 2017#184

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
                    alexjlover wrote:Rap music is my whole life and Im so happy to hear that Jen is working with so fresh names like these. The last time that I got really exciting for her collaborations was then with I Luh Ya Papi remix and Skrillex song, both of them disappeared so I dont want to get exciting this time and I will just wait for that bop to come out.

Cardi B is a genius hit monster, her rapping is out of this world. She is doing so good on the charts that she is really everywhere at rap hits recenlty

Hit Monster does not = An Emcee

Don't ever say she's a great rapper. :lol It only shows you don't know much about Hip-Hop. Cardi isn't a lyrical genius neither is she a "great rapper". She would never be on the same level as Kim, Remy, Foxy Brown, or even Missy Elliott.

She serves bops. A phenomenal rapper? Nah. Any real Rap head could tell you this. She's been dragged by many Rap icons/legends for her music. That's like saying Pitbull is the G.O.A.T. :lol
                    Cardi B a rapper? :lol: :love2 :love2 %) %)

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 25, 2017#185

Bruno Mars (January 2018) & Rita Ora (2018) will also release singles with Cardi B.. hope that Jen will release her single really soon, before Cardi become overused.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 25, 2017#186

chrisjlover wrote:Bruno Mars (January 2018) & Rita Ora (2018) will also release singles with Cardi B.. hope that Jen will release her single really soon, before Cardi become overused.
                        Exactly i was thinkin the same . She should release her song before them

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 25, 2017#187

moejlo wrote:
                          chrisjlover wrote:Bruno Mars (January 2018) & Rita Ora (2018) will also release singles with Cardi B.. hope that Jen will release her single really soon, before Cardi become overused.
                          Exactly i was thinkin the same . She should release her song before them
                          I think Bruno Mars will release it January 4th or 5th, it impossible.
                          She could do it before Ora.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 26, 2017#188

Cardi was nominated for the Grammy, a performance at the awards would be perfect!

Master of Jenology

Dec 27, 2017#189

So probably she will shoot the video with Khaled and Cardi the 4,5,6 January.
                              3 days for a Music video so is supposed to be expensive, Maybe that's the reason she used the ashtag '''#WeTheBestFilm''?
                              Or maybe she will shoot even 'Se Acabo'' during that days.. Anyway I'm really excited about Jenuary :confetti :confetti

Intermediate Jenology

Dec 27, 2017#190

Jessy Terrero again?

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 27, 2017#191

Doud wrote:Jessy Terrero again?
                                  Oh please, no!

Intermediate Jenology

Dec 27, 2017#192

it's a question not an affirmation

16K4,305
                                    Contributor
                                    16K4,305

Dec 27, 2017#193

So Beyonce has already recorded a song with Cardi B
                                      Bruno Mars is releasing a song with Cardi B next week.
                                      and there are like 3-4 other songs featuring Cardi B at the moment...

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 27, 2017#194

mEm wrote:So Beyonce has already recorded a song with Cardi B
                                        Oh damn

Master of Jenology

Dec 27, 2017#195

moejlo wrote:
                                          mEm wrote:So Beyonce has already recorded a song with Cardi B
                                          Oh damn

That Beyonce with Cardi was scrapped Cardi Team scrapped it that not happening.

22K4,141
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          22K4,141

Dec 27, 2017#196

Who cares if 100 people will jump on the same person the same time? this works bad for Cardi not the other artists, besides no one will care if she is on 100 songs if the songs are good.

20K7,827
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            20K7,827

Dec 27, 2017#197

So they were talking about filming a video on January 3, 4 and 5 ??
                                              I thought they were talking about recording a song lmao

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 27, 2017#198

Luka711 wrote:So they were talking about filming a video on January 3, 4 and 5 ??
                                                I believe they finished recording the song when they mentioned the video

Master of Jenology

Dec 27, 2017#199

moejlo wrote:
                                                  Luka711 wrote:So they were talking about filming a video on January 3, 4 and 5 ??
                                                  I believe they finished recording the song when they mentioned the video
                                                  exactly, personally I don't think that a recording session can demand 3 long days and jen vocals are ready and the short preview prove this fact. what was missing on the song was Cardi B parts ''She's very busy'' - JLo said.
                                                  So three days for this? nah they were meaning the video. Absolutely! :confetti :confetti

20K7,827
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  20K7,827

Dec 27, 2017#200

Hmm ok ... I just dont understand what he's saying before Jen tells that date ...

Read more posts (2260 remaining)