JLO , J. BALVIN - Skrillex - (What happened to this song)

JLO , J. BALVIN - Skrillex - (What happened to this song)

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 18, 2017#1

Skrillex rumored to be producing new Jennifer Lopez and J Balvin collaboration

By David Klemow · @daverighteous1

Mar 24
    Skrillex is the new Scott Storch.

Scott Storch, the guy who wrote and composed mega hits for the likes of Dr. Dre and The Roots, also produced beats for Christina Aguilera and Hulk Hogan’s daughter, without compromising on his craft. He wrote hits, no matter who was providing the verses. Now sure, a fortune-crushing drug habit and 25 long, tiring years in the music business separate Storch from Skrillex, but in terms of studio work, Skrillex is essentially the new Scott Storch. When he’s behind the console, a hit is in the works.

Skrillex is one of the most in-demand pop producers in the world right now, perhaps best exemplified by the news that he’s likely working with Jennifer Lopez now too.

Yes, that Jennifer Lopez: Jenny From The Block, The JLo.

Earlier this week, news broke that Skrillex was diversifying his portfolio once again, this time with Poo Bear and Latin superstar J Balvin. Well, it seems Balvin is close with Jennifer Lopez, a pioneer in his entertainment space, and it appears she may be involved in this new collaboration too based on the similarities of the studio photos posted.

Balvin and Lopez are publicly fond of one another, and a new feature with the pair and production credits from Sonny and Poo Bear would likely fare well in the American market.

skrillex-poo-bear-j-balvin-studio

Something is brewing, and now it seems that JLo’s pop-icon status may be there to up the ante on whatever this project turns out to be. The similarities between the photos are entirely speculative at this point, but if Skrillex is adding a Jennifer Lopez feature to his catalog, this could turn out to be one of his most high-profile collaborations to date.

Rumors are ablaze about the collaboration, and Twitter accounts like Music News & Rumors are adding fuel to the flame:

Jennifer Lopez worked with J Balvin on a new song that was produced by Skrillex. pic.twitter.com/kquQ3EE6z1

Nov 18, 2017#2

i missed this piece of information what happend to this ?

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 18, 2017#3

ugh i hope it didnt get scrapped i bet its on skrillex's album or maybe on PPV?

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 18, 2017#4

i hope it didnt either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope jbalvin and jen r cool with each other

20K7,825
          Doctor of Jenology
          20K7,825

Nov 18, 2017#5

There was never any confirmation she recorded sth with Balvin ...

14K2,614
            Doctor of Jenology
            14K2,614

Nov 19, 2017#6

she should relese a stand-alone english single like "Aint Your Mama" or "Live It Up"
              Maybe this Skrillex song it's the track she's talking about on Facebook Live

Master of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#7

I would love for Jen to collab with J Balvin (he's a hottie BTW) but I wouldn't a cheesy ass song about love though.
                Would have to be a OTF/Mi Gente type song

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#8

Luka711 wrote:There was never any confirmation she recorded sth with Balvin ...
                  true but they did upload pics of them n the studio back in
                  January.

Intermediate Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#9

Luka711 wrote:There was never any confirmation she recorded sth with Balvin ...
                    I really hope she was/is smart enough to record a song with J Balvin (AND MALUMA) for her Spanish album. They are probably the biggest latin artists out right now. So if someone the likes of JLO can't get them on her album that would be VERY unfortunate.

20K7,825
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    20K7,825

Nov 19, 2017#10

^We know Maluma is confirmed. We even have a song title, but really I dont think she has a song with Balvin lol
                      Who knows tho ... we need a tracklist lol

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#11

Are we talking about "Could It Be Us"? To me, that song was meh. Nothing special about it. It kind of made me cringe inside. Based off of the snippet, I really didn't like it much at all.

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#12

Could it be us sounded bland, for a chorus it wasn't even catchy. I wouldn't mind a skrillex jlo song though. Something energetic but not cheap edm crap

16K4,305
                          Contributor
                          16K4,305

Nov 22, 2017#13

I think it was mentioned on several articles that it was the song "US"

13K1,207
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            13K1,207

Nov 22, 2017#14

She could've just put it on iTunes. This song is fire. I guess it would bop even without promo.

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 22, 2017#15

kateflo wrote:She could've just put it on iTunes. This song is fire. I guess it would bop even without promo.
                                Yes i know . Im dyin to listen to this song

14K6,346
                                Contributor
                                14K6,346

Nov 22, 2017#16

Balvin said they hadn’t recorded anything just that they might and that they just talked, I don’t think that song was with him

16K4,305
                                  Contributor
                                  16K4,305

Nov 22, 2017#17

kateflo wrote:She could've just put it on iTunes. This song is fire. I guess it would bop even without promo.
                                    Just like she put “Girls” , “Louboutins” and millions of other songs she put out randomly on iTunes.

Its not like she goes out and promotes her songs, all she has to do is tell her team to put it on iTunes.

14K6,346
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,346

Dec 04, 2017#18

Skrillex unfollowed her too..

14K2,614
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      14K2,614

Dec 06, 2017#19

daisylo wrote:Skrillex unfollowed her too..

Master of Jenology

Dec 06, 2017#20

rafaelsalguero wrote:
                                          daisylo wrote:Skrillex unfollowed her too..

guess that song was scrapped.

13K1,207
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          13K1,207

Dec 06, 2017#21

That's super sad

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 06, 2017#22

Jennifer made a hobby from giving up different songs and music videos.
                                              That's what's happening when you got:

20K7,825
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              20K7,825

Dec 06, 2017#23

If it's her song and I'm sure she paid them, then they have nothing to do with it anymore lol

14K2,614
                                                Doctor of Jenology
                                                14K2,614

Dec 06, 2017#24

I think she really wants to release an english single, but have problems with SONY MUSIC without LA Reid in charge. And Skrillex thinks she refuse to use his song.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 22, 2018#25

Mille Backer wrote:
                                                    moejlo wrote:
                                                    Mille Backer wrote:I was informed by an insider that there are rumors of a song with Future J Balvin that will be released between March and April. But nothing confirmed!
                                                    U mean JLo ft future and j balvin?
                                                    I don't know if it's a song with all three or if it's two songs. Maybe this one with J Balvin is the Spanish version of Us, the person didn't give me more details and I don't' know if it's true to take into consideration!

Well J Balvin talk about a song that he produced and recorded with Jen weeks after "Us" had been dropped and he said that the song is ready but he dont know if it gonna be single. Maybe they record another song toguether

Read more posts (14 remaining)