14K6,346
Contributor
14K6,346

Dec 01, 2017#451

such a weird Era she talked about the album like it was her best and more personal work but they didn't have a proper plan to promote it, also NTNY and AAA are good songs but they're still pretty mediocre she needs much better for a Hit.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#452

daisylo wrote:such a weird Era she talked about the album like it was her best and more personal work but they didn't have a proper plan to promote it, also NTNY and AAA are good songs but they're still pretty mediocre she needs much better for a Hit.
      There's probably not a big plan to promote, because she's working on "Second Act", and for her last album, even though she promoted it a lot, A.K.A still flopped pretty hard. There can be lots of promotion, but the album still flops. However, it doesn't have to sell a lot in order to be great. There are plenty of albums that sell much less that sound much better than the ones that sell a bunch. Quantity =/= quality.

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Dec 01, 2017#453

QueenCedar101 wrote:
        daisylo wrote:such a weird Era she talked about the album like it was her best and more personal work but they didn't have a proper plan to promote it, also NTNY and AAA are good songs but they're still pretty mediocre she needs much better for a Hit.
        There's probably not a big plan to promote, because she's working on "Second Act", and for her last album, even though she promoted it a lot, A.K.A still flopped pretty hard. There can be lots of promotion, but the album still flops. However, it doesn't have to sell a lot in order to be great. There are plenty of albums that sell much less that sound much better than the ones that sell a bunch. Quantity =/= quality.
        well so far the Quality isn't really there it's good but not great.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#454

daisylo wrote:
          QueenCedar101 wrote:
          well so far the Quality isn't really there it's good but not great.
          I understand. I was just pointing that out, but I can honestly see where you're coming from.

Contributor

Dec 02, 2017#455

chrisjlover wrote:I don't really care about her sales/chart success anymore, it's obvious that they didn't care either.. I can't wait for the album, looks like a really quality work and could bring to her a Grammy nomination if it's good enough!!

This is the same attitude Jennifer has, sure she has plenty of hits under her belt, but this is also the reason why you don't have any album release dates set in stone anymore because Sony and other music labels aren't going to support and invest in "artists" like Jennifer, especially when "artists" like Jennifer don't write or produce their own music and rely on other talented artists to write and produce their hits. Well at least she has her pretty looks and Youtube views right? Oh and here's another question, who's going to sign Jennifer after she drops another flop album?

20K7,821
            Doctor of Jenology
            20K7,821

Dec 02, 2017#456

She did even that Viva Latino podcast and Amor is still not on their playlist ... it's just stupid lol

12K1,502
              Doctor of Jenology
              12K1,502

Dec 02, 2017#457

She needs a new team to handle her music career i think benny doesn’t push her anymore i think he wants her to quit music tbh

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 02, 2017#458

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
                  chrisjlover wrote:I don't really care about her sales/chart success anymore, it's obvious that they didn't care either.. I can't wait for the album, looks like a really quality work and could bring to her a Grammy nomination if it's good enough!!

This is the same attitude Jennifer has, sure she has plenty of hits under her belt, but this is also the reason why you don't have any album release dates set in stone anymore because Sony and other music labels aren't going to support and invest in "artists" like Jennifer, especially when "artists" like Jennifer don't write or produce their own music and rely on other talented artists to write and produce their hits. Well at least she has her pretty looks and Youtube views right? Oh and here's another question, who's going to sign Jennifer after she drops another flop album?
                  But many artists don't write and produce their own songs? What's your point? It's good to not be a blind fan, but from that tone, it doesn't even sound like you're a fan at all. Some of us may not even like her new projects, but haven't even said anything that negative. You're entitled to your own opinion, but saying what you just said? That's a little much, considering what your username is.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 02, 2017#459

this is just silly. anyways I feel that she isn't going perform until next year.

Intro to Jenology

Dec 05, 2017#460

247 +69
                      JENNIFER LOPEZ
                      Amor, Amor, Amor f/Wisin
                      6.406 +1.995
                      :confetti very great update

12K11,426
                      Contributor
                      12K11,426

Dec 05, 2017#461

canjlo wrote:247 +69
                        JENNIFER LOPEZ
                        Amor, Amor, Amor f/Wisin
                        6.406 +1.995
                        %) I forget she even has a single out and an album in the near future. She has not mentioned her music since AAA was released. I am completely baffled by w.e strategy they are going with. The promo she wasted on AKA should have been given to this Spanish album...it at least has a chance of being a hit.

46K3,605
                        Admin
                        46K3,605

Dec 05, 2017#462

JENNIFER LOPEZ
                          Amor, Amor, Amor f/Wisin
                          6.406 +1.995
                          :dance2 :dance2 :dance2

22K4,141
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          22K4,141

Dec 05, 2017#463

Great update!

14K2,609
                            Admin
                            14K2,609

Dec 05, 2017#464

Nice!!! :D

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 05, 2017#465

JenRox wrote:
                                JENNIFER LOPEZ
                                Amor, Amor, Amor f/Wisin
                                6.406 +1.995
                                :dance2 :dance2 :dance2
                                Thats SPANISH AND TROPICAL RADIO UPDATES very nice

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 05, 2017#466

No official remixes of the song yet? :coffee

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 06, 2017#467

Promusicae Charts Spain

This week: 75 (-5)
                                    Last Week: 70
                                    Weeks on chart: 2

Flopping way harder than Ni Tu Ni Yo

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 06, 2017#468

Dan#jlofan wrote:Promusicae Charts Spain

What are you expecting without promo.?

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 06, 2017#469

albacho wrote:

The question that begs to be asked!

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 07, 2017#470

Mille Backer wrote:
                                          albacho wrote:

The question that begs to be asked!
                                          Spain usually stans for her regardless. Probably one of the only countries where she has had consistent hits this decade.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 07, 2017#471

I wonder if they had big expectations for AAA or not.. because if they had.. they're dumb.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 07, 2017#472

^ they most likely did. Seeing as benny sugarcoats everything to make it look like a hit. and seeing how jen and wisins previous collabs actually went top 2 in Latin charts they would be dumb enough to think the song would take off alone.

The y time that happened this decade was OTF and AYM in europe. They always push the wrong songs. I remember LIU flopping in all metrics everywhere but no they wanted to push it. Same with FL. But when they have a song in there hands with positive reception and a decent traction first week there like oh we'll let it do its thing.

It's just agravating. Jen needs to hire new blood not these old geazers who know nothing and congratulate jen for unimpressive accomolishments

12K11,426
                                              Contributor
                                              12K11,426

Dec 08, 2017#473

^I don't think her team is the problem, I just think Jen is the problem. She kind of lost touch with her career and is more concerned with spreading herself thin and taking on 100 projects at a time - than fully committing herself to one project. The woman has achieved tremendous success and I think shes okay with having that speak for itself.

I was always excited that she did so much since we always got new project from her. Now I am just over it because most projects we get are mediocre and she moves on to the next. When someone like B releases an album its such a HUGE event. She DEDICATES herself to her art. Her last album released was FLAWLESS and had everyone talking. Jenny could never have the same success B does but she could achieve similar success. Jen is one of a few artist left from her era that still creates some buzz..the buzz just dies because she drops a single and goes off to film some C movie that will do nothing for her career.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 08, 2017#474

Crazy4JenL wrote:^I don't think her team is the problem, I just think Jen is the problem. She kind of lost touch with her career and is more concerned with spreading herself thin and taking on 100 projects at a time - than fully committing herself to one project. The woman has achieved tremendous success and I think shes okay with having that speak for itself.

I was always excited that she did so much since we always got new project from her. Now I am just over it because most projects we get are mediocre and she moves on to the next. When someone like B releases an album its such a HUGE event. She DEDICATES herself to her art. Her last album released was FLAWLESS and had everyone talking. Jenny could never have the same success B does but she could achieve similar success. Jen is one of a few artist left from her era that still creates some buzz..the buzz just dies because she drops a single and goes off to film some C movie that will do nothing for her career.
                                                  I think it's both's fault, hers and her team because they don't tell her that she can't do everything perfect and simultaneously (no one can).
                                                  You're absolutely right about the Beyoncé thing, but don't bring her here, some JLovers are sensitive with her name.

12K11,426
                                                  Contributor
                                                  12K11,426

Dec 08, 2017#475

^I guess it could not hurt to have some fresh blood around her. ALL her team is like family and they are all best friends and I guess at this point they are just complacent. Could be interesting to see what could happen with her music if someone new was handling it. Shit, even with Reid behind her she was doing MUCH better. Mottola did WONDERS for her and someone like that on her side again would be amazing. Jenny is an old Pop girl tho so she is not getting that treatment ever again.

Read more posts (264 remaining)