Master of Jenology

Feb 17, 2018#726

Heard it on the radio in dallas today

Contributor

Feb 18, 2018#727

CosTaSsSs wrote:
      RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
      QueenCedar101 wrote:
      CosTaSsSs wrote:It's weird how Spain snubbed her, they kinda made hit every latest single of hers... and for the Spanish songs they really rejected her. lol
      Probably because she isn't promoting it no record label is paying money to send her and her team to promote a song that will do mediocre sales in other countries. The European countries will eat up anything she puts out if she promotes it.
      You know that she has tons of money to promote her stuff if she wants to right? She is not Cassie.

Absolutely however the only thing that Jennifer is paying for is for her album, which she shops around for a record deal. And the fact is no label is paying for promo that doesn't bring in sales.

22K4,125
      Doctor of Jenology
      22K4,125

Feb 18, 2018#728

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
        CosTaSsSs wrote:
        RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
        QueenCedar101 wrote:
        Probably because she isn't promoting it no record label is paying money to send her and her team to promote a song that will do mediocre sales in other countries. The European countries will eat up anything she puts out if she promotes it.
        You know that she has tons of money to promote her stuff if she wants to right? She is not Cassie.

Absolutely however the only thing that Jennifer is paying for is for her album, which she shops around for a record deal. And the fact is no label is paying for promo that doesn't bring in sales.
        I don't think she cares to rule the charts, and for a long time neither do I. This is the reason why her promotion usually sucks, she has different priorities now. The other reason is that her family became her team and they manage everything according to her. If she wants success, she would need to trust a person who would tell her what to do and Jen doesn't seem to be good with that. It would be great to see her doing well and have a comeback ala On The Floor, but I'm trying to be realistic and lower my expectations so I won't get dissapointed.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 18, 2018#729

It's sad. She has become a flop in her two biggest fields Music and Movies. Hits have been scarce this decade, lucky on the floor happened and her movies this decade, well...

She is now succeeding in new areas like producing and television. On Tv she has Shades of Blue, WOD, she did 5 seasons of idol, produced the fosters etc. Those are big career achievements, just not the ones we are used to (or want).

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 18, 2018#730

Dan#jlofan wrote:It's sad. She has become a flop in her two biggest fields Music and Movies. Hits have been scarce this decade, lucky on the floor happened and her movies this decade, well...

She is now succeeding in new areas like producing and television. On Tv she has Shades of Blue, WOD, she did 5 seasons of idol, produced the fosters etc. Those are big career achievements, just not the ones we are used to (or want).
            Well, with her heading towards 50, you can't really expect her to achieve so much, especially with the new crop of artists dominating at this moment. She had her time and was able to make a name for herself, and now the other artists are doing it. Although, they're making less money than they used to, and it all relies on streaming. Still, the fact that she managed to break in when she was about 30 is incredible.

Contributor

Feb 19, 2018#731

CosTaSsSs wrote:
              RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
              CosTaSsSs wrote:
              RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:

I don't think she cares to rule the charts, and for a long time neither do I. This is the reason why her promotion usually sucks, she has different priorities now. The other reason is that her family became her team and they manage everything according to her. If she wants success, she would need to trust a person who would tell her what to do and Jen doesn't seem to be good with that. It would be great to see her doing well and have a comeback ala On The Floor, but I'm trying to be realistic and lower my expectations so I won't get dissapointed.

And that attitude explains the shelved projects, delayed projects, the best producers/writers/artists avoiding Jen or giving her D-List material and production, no VMA's, no Grammy's, why she can't stay on one record label, a record label that isn't paying for her promo, why Jennifer has to fund her own music and at this point her music videos. Jen and the "Yes" stans and her "Yes" team are the death of her music career.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 19, 2018#732

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
                CosTaSsSs wrote:
                RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
                CosTaSsSs wrote:

And that attitude explains the shelved projects, delayed projects, the best producers/writers/artists avoiding Jen or giving her D-List material and production, no VMA's, no Grammy's, why she can't stay on one record label, a record label that isn't paying for her promo, why Jennifer has to fund her own music and at this point her music videos. Jen and the "Yes" stans and her "Yes" team are the death of her music career.
                But it's not like you can expect her to do real better in this point. Plus, award shows are becoming a joke nowadays anyways, so it's better that she's not associated with it. Quantity =/= Quality.

Contributor

Feb 19, 2018#733

QueenCedar101 wrote:
                  RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
                  CosTaSsSs wrote:
                  RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:

But it's not like you can expect her to do real better in this point. Plus, award shows are becoming a joke nowadays anyways, so it's better that she's not associated with it. Quantity =/= Quality.
                  I actually do, and I'm rooting for Jen to win...

22K4,125
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  22K4,125

Feb 19, 2018#734

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
                    CosTaSsSs wrote:
                    RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
                    CosTaSsSs wrote:

It's true that she and her team have handled things wrong for many times (e.g. Step Into My World, lack of promotion numerous times, not touring and in general missed opportunities in both music and films such as the Gravity film). However, I don't expect anything to change from now on. Of course all of us want her to have hits and success, but unfortunately the industry throws women off when they turn 40 and they do not support them. Let's just wait for good music and good films to enjoy, her acting career got some improvement and recognition (e.g. Shades of Blue, even if the show got bad reviews). In other words, I'll get your point that you don't like her music and films nowadays, but you can't ask for hits the way it happens to other artists who are newcomers, it's unrealistic to expect this for multiple and totally unfair reasons.

16K4,277
                    Contributor
                    16K4,277

Feb 19, 2018#735

CosTaSsSs wrote:
                      RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
                      CosTaSsSs wrote:
                      RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:

It's true that she and her team have handled things wrong for many times (e.g. Step Into My World, lack of promotion numerous times, not touring and in general missed opportunities in both music and films such as the Gravity film). However, I don't expect anything to change from now on. Of course all of us want her to have hits and success, but unfortunately the industry throws women off when they turn 40 and they do not support them. Let's just wait for good music and good films to enjoy, her acting career got some improvement and recognition (e.g. Shades of Blue, even if the show got bad reviews). In other words, I'll get your point that you don't like her music and films nowadays, but you can't ask for hits the way it happens to other artists who are newcomers, it's unrealistic to expect this for multiple and totally unfair reasons.
                      Jennifer doesn't work with great producers, she doesn't work with great music video directors, she doesn't properly release her singles, she doesn't promote her songs. This is the reason why she is not getting hit records anymore. Don't blame the industry. It is not always someone else's fault.

Just a question, can you remember the last time Jen did a radio tour and promote her song? Most artists (who want their songs to be played on the radio) visit biggest radio stations in person, call smaller radios and do interviews.
                      It was in 2011, when LA Reid forced her to do so... It is a fact that they don’t play women over 35 on Top 40 radio, but that doesn't mean that she shouldn't do anything about it. Jen REFUSES to visit radio stations in person and she doesn't even call them, some of the songs she released aren't even "sent" to radio stations, yet you guys blame the music industry and tell that they don't play her songs because she's over 40.

You can't expect a song to be hit automatically, when you don't do anything to make it happen...

14K6,334
                      Contributor
                      14K6,334

Feb 19, 2018#736

mEm wrote:
                        Just a question, can you remember the last time Jen did a radio tour and promote her song? Most artists (who want their songs to be played on the radio) visit biggest radio stations in person, call smaller radios and do interviews.
                        It was in 2011, when LA Reid forced her to do so... It is a fact that they don’t play women over 35 on Top 40 radio, but that doesn't mean that she shouldn't do anything about it. Jen REFUSES to visit radio stations in person and she doesn't even call them, some of the songs she released aren't even "sent" to radio station
                        s, yet you guys blame the music industry and tell that they don't play her songs because she's over 40.

You can't expect a song to be hit automatically, when you don't do anything to make it happen...
                        she did a lot of radio interviews for AKA.

12K588
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        12K588

Feb 19, 2018#737

mEm wrote: Jennifer doesn't work with great producers, she doesn't work with great music video directors, she doesn't properly release her singles, she doesn't promote her songs. This is the reason why she is not getting hit records anymore. Don't blame the industry. It is not always someone else's fault.

It was in 2011, when LA Reid forced her to do so... It is a fact that they don’t play women over 35 on Top 40 radio, but that doesn't mean that she shouldn't do anything about it. Jen REFUSES to visit radio stations in person and she doesn't even call them, some of the songs she released aren't even "sent" to radio stations, yet you guys blame the music industry and tell that they don't play her songs because she's over 40.

Uhmm... you are factually wrong on most of these. :coffee
                          Jennifer just these last years has worked closely and got material from Skrillex, Diplo, Max Martin, DJ Khaled, Detail, DJ Mustard, Roccstar, RedOne etc, worked with Sia, worked on music videos with Emil Nava, Hype Williams, Anthony Mandler, Jessy Terrero, Cameron Duddy etc while she promoted THE HELL out of A.K.A and its singles. That's exactly when she did radio tour, visited radio stations, did radio concerts and even held an event for radio producers in her own house. Also she got some of the hottest names on her songs or for duets... I don't say that everything is done right or she and her team don't do mistakes but we have to keep it real and fair at least.

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 19, 2018#738

Imagine being so stupid to criticize Jen for not doing radio tours! :ROFL: When was the last time they played her music? When was the last time they played the music of other women over 40 (Madonna, Mariah, etc)? OTF was a massive hit but the radio audience impressions in the US were still stunningly low for such a monster smash. Pretty sure that big station in NY added the song after it had already peaked on the Hot 100! Radio is not going to play her music. It's a waste of time and money to do radio tours. She's better off throwing money at streaming services. JLo has the worst fans--a bunch of self-important dummies who have no idea what they're talking about.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 19, 2018#739

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
                              QueenCedar101 wrote:
                              RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:
                              CosTaSsSs wrote:

I actually do, and I'm rooting for Jen to win...
                              I guess you’ll be disappointed for a very long time, because it won’t happen anytime soon. Unlike how you’re treating her, she’s not in her 20’s. I do agree that US is being slept on, but still, she won’t achieve stuff like you want her to. It’s time to accept that fact.

Read more posts (-11 remaining)