"Somos Una Voz" Donation w/Marc Anthony

All the latest Jennifer Lopez news, pictures, gossip, appearances, etc.
User avatar
QueenCedar101
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 338
Joined: Oct 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm
Location: United States

by QueenCedar101, Oct 16th, 2017, 2:23 pm

chrisjlover wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:I thought her “Ni Tu Ni Yo” performance was nice, but IMO, her performance singing Selena’s songs, her duet with Andrea Bocelli, and her 2013 and 2015 AMA performances is where she delivers her best vocals. Now her vocals were stellar.

Yep that's true, but these vocals you mention were all prerecorded. "Ni Tu Ni Yo" looked so live, but I'm still not convinced that it wasn't prerecorded (I don't care to find out though).


I doubt those performances had pre-recorded vocals. Selena’s Family was there back at the BBLMA’s a couple years back and the family band played. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t want her to lip sync, plus they said they loved the note she held at the end. Not to mention, Andrea Bocelli is a world renowned classical singer who has sang with the greats such as Celine Dion and Sarah Brightman, and when you sing with a vocalist like him, you know you have some serious vocal talent, so it wouldn’t make sense for it to be lip synced, because that would look bad on his part. 2013 & 2015 AMA’s sounded completely live, too, especially the way she did them. Those performances prove that she CAN sing if she puts the effort into it. Not to mention, J.Lo’s voice doesn’t even have the same wavelength live as in the studio, and “Ni Tu Ni Yo” proves it. It was good, but it was missing a little extra “umph” in her vocals. Someone was missing. Not to take away anything from her, because she still sounds good, compared to others.
User avatar
nixy1991
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 20344
Joined: Oct 13th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by nixy1991, Oct 16th, 2017, 3:02 pm

QueenCedar101 wrote:
chrisjlover wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:I thought her “Ni Tu Ni Yo” performance was nice, but IMO, her performance singing Selena’s songs, her duet with Andrea Bocelli, and her 2013 and 2015 AMA performances is where she delivers her best vocals. Now her vocals were stellar.

Yep that's true, but these vocals you mention were all prerecorded. "Ni Tu Ni Yo" looked so live, but I'm still not convinced that it wasn't prerecorded (I don't care to find out though).


I doubt those performances had pre-recorded vocals. Selena’s Family was there back at the BBLMA’s a couple years back and the family band played. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t want her to lip sync, plus they said they loved the note she held at the end. Not to mention, Andrea Bocelli is a world renowned classical singer who has sang with the greats such as Celine Dion and Sarah Brightman, and when you sing with a vocalist like him, you know you have some serious vocal talent, so it wouldn’t make sense for it to be lip synced, because that would look bad on his part. 2013 & 2015 AMA’s sounded completely live, too, especially the way she did them. Those performances prove that she CAN sing if she puts the effort into it. Not to mention, J.Lo’s voice doesn’t even have the same wavelength live as in the studio, and “Ni Tu Ni Yo” proves it. It was good, but it was missing a little extra “umph” in her vocals. Someone was missing. Not to take away anything from her, because she still sounds good, compared to others.

The Selena tribute was 100% pre-recorded. Listen to the studio version they released, the vocals are identical.

I don't have proof for the '13 and '15 AMAs, but I'm confident they were pre-recorded too. You can tell if you pay close attention to her lips. Plus, both of those performances were pitch-perfect, and Jennifer always has more than one slip up when she actually sings live.

NTNY sounded live, and and I'm sure LGL was live, except that one note she always lip-syncs,
User avatar
Taina Mia
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 8587
Joined: Mar 27th, 2007, 7:00 pm

by Taina Mia, Oct 16th, 2017, 3:03 pm

jlover917 wrote:Did y’all see how Bethany was trying to get attention. Arod sat next to her at some point then she came on camera twice interrupting saying she got donations for 1 million and then 2 million LOL who invited her? Ellen?


Bethany has done more for PR than some PR’s. She was there for two weeks feeding people that were left for dead in the mountains and transporting them to US. 40 planes with supplies because of Bethany she can do whatever she wants! She also exposed all the tragedy that’s happening there.
User avatar
QueenCedar101
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 338
Joined: Oct 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm
Location: United States

by QueenCedar101, Oct 16th, 2017, 3:48 pm

nixy1991 wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:
chrisjlover wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:I thought her “Ni Tu Ni Yo” performance was nice, but IMO, her performance singing Selena’s songs, her duet with Andrea Bocelli, and her 2013 and 2015 AMA performances is where she delivers her best vocals. Now her vocals were stellar.

Yep that's true, but these vocals you mention were all prerecorded. "Ni Tu Ni Yo" looked so live, but I'm still not convinced that it wasn't prerecorded (I don't care to find out though).


I doubt those performances had pre-recorded vocals. Selena’s Family was there back at the BBLMA’s a couple years back and the family band played. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t want her to lip sync, plus they said they loved the note she held at the end. Not to mention, Andrea Bocelli is a world renowned classical singer who has sang with the greats such as Celine Dion and Sarah Brightman, and when you sing with a vocalist like him, you know you have some serious vocal talent, so it wouldn’t make sense for it to be lip synced, because that would look bad on his part. 2013 & 2015 AMA’s sounded completely live, too, especially the way she did them. Those performances prove that she CAN sing if she puts the effort into it. Not to mention, J.Lo’s voice doesn’t even have the same wavelength live as in the studio, and “Ni Tu Ni Yo” proves it. It was good, but it was missing a little extra “umph” in her vocals. Someone was missing. Not to take away anything from her, because she still sounds good, compared to others.

The Selena tribute was 100% pre-recorded. Listen to the studio version they released, the vocals are identical.

I don't have proof for the '13 and '15 AMAs, but I'm confident they were pre-recorded too. You can tell if you pay close attention to her lips. Plus, both of those performances were pitch-perfect, and Jennifer always has more than one slip up when she actually sings live.

NTNY sounded live, and and I'm sure LGL was live, except that one note she always lip-syncs,


If the Selena tribute was pre-recorded, then I’m surprised, because I still saw a lot of positive comments. I’m not going to say that either if it was pre-recorded. It sounded completely live from the mic and I haven’t heard any lip sync allegations, so I’m not so sure about that. Her voice doesn’t have the same wavelength. I don’t know if that makes sense.
BraveJLO
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7608
Joined: Apr 17th, 2008, 7:00 pm

by BraveJLO, Oct 16th, 2017, 5:38 pm

amazing performances!
User avatar
chrisjlover
Bachelor of Jenology
Posts: 2187
Joined: Jan 11th, 2015, 3:50 am

by chrisjlover, Oct 16th, 2017, 5:47 pm

QueenCedar101 wrote:
nixy1991 wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:
chrisjlover wrote:Yep that's true, but these vocals you mention were all prerecorded. "Ni Tu Ni Yo" looked so live, but I'm still not convinced that it wasn't prerecorded (I don't care to find out though).


I doubt those performances had pre-recorded vocals. Selena’s Family was there back at the BBLMA’s a couple years back and the family band played. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t want her to lip sync, plus they said they loved the note she held at the end. Not to mention, Andrea Bocelli is a world renowned classical singer who has sang with the greats such as Celine Dion and Sarah Brightman, and when you sing with a vocalist like him, you know you have some serious vocal talent, so it wouldn’t make sense for it to be lip synced, because that would look bad on his part. 2013 & 2015 AMA’s sounded completely live, too, especially the way she did them. Those performances prove that she CAN sing if she puts the effort into it. Not to mention, J.Lo’s voice doesn’t even have the same wavelength live as in the studio, and “Ni Tu Ni Yo” proves it. It was good, but it was missing a little extra “umph” in her vocals. Someone was missing. Not to take away anything from her, because she still sounds good, compared to others.

The Selena tribute was 100% pre-recorded. Listen to the studio version they released, the vocals are identical.

I don't have proof for the '13 and '15 AMAs, but I'm confident they were pre-recorded too. You can tell if you pay close attention to her lips. Plus, both of those performances were pitch-perfect, and Jennifer always has more than one slip up when she actually sings live.

NTNY sounded live, and and I'm sure LGL was live, except that one note she always lip-syncs,


If the Selena tribute was pre-recorded, then I’m surprised, because I still saw a lot of positive comments. I’m not going to say that either if it was pre-recorded. It sounded completely live from the mic and I haven’t heard any lip sync allegations, so I’m not so sure about that. Her voice doesn’t have the same wavelength. I don’t know if that makes sense.

I have proof about AMAs 2013:
they rehearsed to the prerecorded track.
And that's why it called "prerecorded", because it's not the studio track and they make it look "live".. Jen lip syncs VERY good, that's why you didn't heard any lip sync allegations with those performances (AMAs 2015 was SO obvious though).
Plus, the positive comments doesn't have to be with live vocals, especially when they aren't noticeable.. a lot of great performers use prerecorded vocals.
User avatar
QueenCedar101
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 338
Joined: Oct 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm
Location: United States

by QueenCedar101, Oct 16th, 2017, 6:46 pm

chrisjlover wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:
nixy1991 wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:
I doubt those performances had pre-recorded vocals. Selena’s Family was there back at the BBLMA’s a couple years back and the family band played. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t want her to lip sync, plus they said they loved the note she held at the end. Not to mention, Andrea Bocelli is a world renowned classical singer who has sang with the greats such as Celine Dion and Sarah Brightman, and when you sing with a vocalist like him, you know you have some serious vocal talent, so it wouldn’t make sense for it to be lip synced, because that would look bad on his part. 2013 & 2015 AMA’s sounded completely live, too, especially the way she did them. Those performances prove that she CAN sing if she puts the effort into it. Not to mention, J.Lo’s voice doesn’t even have the same wavelength live as in the studio, and “Ni Tu Ni Yo” proves it. It was good, but it was missing a little extra “umph” in her vocals. Someone was missing. Not to take away anything from her, because she still sounds good, compared to others.

The Selena tribute was 100% pre-recorded. Listen to the studio version they released, the vocals are identical.

I don't have proof for the '13 and '15 AMAs, but I'm confident they were pre-recorded too. You can tell if you pay close attention to her lips. Plus, both of those performances were pitch-perfect, and Jennifer always has more than one slip up when she actually sings live.

NTNY sounded live, and and I'm sure LGL was live, except that one note she always lip-syncs,


If the Selena tribute was pre-recorded, then I’m surprised, because I still saw a lot of positive comments. I’m not going to say that either if it was pre-recorded. It sounded completely live from the mic and I haven’t heard any lip sync allegations, so I’m not so sure about that. Her voice doesn’t have the same wavelength. I don’t know if that makes sense.

I have proof about AMAs 2013:
they rehearsed to the prerecorded track.
And that's why it called "prerecorded", because it's not the studio track and they make it look "live".. Jen lip syncs VERY good, that's why you didn't heard any lip sync allegations with those performances (AMAs 2015 was SO obvious though).
Plus, the positive comments doesn't have to be with live vocals, especially when they aren't noticeable.. a lot of great performers use prerecorded vocals.


You have a point. Then again, even Michael Jackson lip synced and Whitney Houston lip synced the nationa anthem. Even people have accused Celine Dion of lip syncing. I bet even Beyoncé lip syncs all the time, but no one else calls it out, because she’s this so-called “queen” and “goddess” that can do no wrong, and is this so-called “on of the/ The greatest entertainer of this generation/all time”. :woot :lol: What a joke.
User avatar
panos86
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 11460
Joined: Dec 24th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by panos86, Oct 17th, 2017, 6:28 am

I was watching this live but i was also working so i couldn't comment...

OMG I AM SO FUCKING PROUD! :cry Jen didn't only prove that she is an angel, a true humanitarian with global impact but did all that while looking flawless and KILLING a stage! This event was HUGE and proof that she is closer to her latin roots and in a much more meaningful way than many want to admit. Her looks were all absolutely STUNNING :bow and her slower NTNY version was beautiful!
SO SO PROUD! :love2
User avatar
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 12501
Joined: Oct 13th, 2008, 7:00 pm

by Luka711, Oct 17th, 2017, 11:16 am

They raised more than $35 mln !!
jlover917
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 162
Joined: Sep 21st, 2016, 2:02 am

by jlover917, Oct 17th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Crazy4JenL wrote:
jlover917 wrote:Did y’all see how Bethany was trying to get attention. Arod sat next to her at some point then she came on camera twice interrupting saying she got donations for 1 million and then 2 million LOL who invited her? Ellen?


Bethany has actually been a saint during this whole PR relief effort. She has gotten so many planes with goods shipped there and is in the process of getting a huge cargo ship out there. She has been one of the most vocal supporters and has done so so much.



No doubt. I never question her support. I was just stating how Arod was coming across when next to her and herself In camera. But anyway ... good job for the support she’s given :clap
jlover917
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 162
Joined: Sep 21st, 2016, 2:02 am

by jlover917, Oct 17th, 2017, 10:22 pm

Taina Mia wrote:
jlover917 wrote:Did y’all see how Bethany was trying to get attention. Arod sat next to her at some point then she came on camera twice interrupting saying she got donations for 1 million and then 2 million LOL who invited her? Ellen?


Bethany has done more for PR than some PR’s. She was there for two weeks feeding people that were left for dead in the mountains and transporting them to US. 40 planes with supplies because of Bethany she can do whatever she wants! She also exposed all the tragedy that’s happening there.



Yeah like I said I wasn’t trying to discredit her just mention the awkwardness of it all between Arod and her but yeah anyway at the end I’m sure she couldn’t care less about Arod.or his way of being.
jenNY88
Intermediate Jenology
Posts: 888
Joined: Jan 17th, 2012, 2:19 pm

by jenNY88, Oct 19th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Yeah like I said I wasn’t trying to discredit her just mention the awkwardness of it all between Arod and her but yeah anyway at the end I’m sure she couldn’t care less about Arod.or his way of being.


are you talking about Bethanny?.It was awkward because she dated him a while ago and it looks like it ended badly because she hates him now.
jenNY88
Intermediate Jenology
Posts: 888
Joined: Jan 17th, 2012, 2:19 pm

by jenNY88, Oct 19th, 2017, 12:20 pm

I didn't know vinny and edgar were there also.I hope Jenn gets to work with edgar someday.Maybe in griselda :crossfingers

jfan9030
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 16
Joined: Sep 2nd, 2017, 6:04 pm

by jfan9030, Oct 19th, 2017, 1:09 pm

jenNY88 wrote:
are you talking about Bethanny?.It was awkward because she dated him a while ago and it looks like it ended badly because she hates him now.

Bethany said they went on 1 or 2 dates at the most when she was asked about it. There was no relationship so where has Bethany ever said that she hates him?
User avatar
tah71
Admin
Admin
Posts: 14010
Joined: Mar 26th, 2004, 7:00 pm

by tah71, Oct 19th, 2017, 2:29 pm

jfan9030 wrote:
jenNY88 wrote:
are you talking about Bethanny?.It was awkward because she dated him a while ago and it looks like it ended badly because she hates him now.

Bethany said they went on 1 or 2 dates at the most when she was asked about it. There was no relationship so where has Bethany ever said that she hates him?




People need to really stop trying to create petty drama! lol

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests