Master of Jenology

Aug 22, 2017#26

None.

Lately the word iconic has been so overused...

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 23, 2017#27

Wellyver wrote:None.

I agree but her dance breaks makes her performances even greater

Master of Jenology

Aug 23, 2017#28

RLO wrote:

Yup. It's not a good JLo video if it doesn't have a dance break,
        but in order to be "iconic", it gotta be memorable, have an impact on social/music/pop culture and she lacks that.

Iconic are "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul, "Single Ladies" by Beyonce, ", "Rhythm Nation", "The Pleasure Principle" by Janet, "Vogue" by Madonna...

Dancing is her strength, but she has yet to deliver something iconic and truly memorable for the GP in this area. The closest is her Celia Cruz Tribute, but it doesn't count for this thread.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 23, 2017#29

Wellyver wrote:
          RLO wrote:

Yup. It's not a good JLo video if it doesn't have a dance break,
          but in order to be "iconic", it gotta be memorable, have an impact on social/music/pop culture and she lacks that.

Iconic are "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul, "Single Ladies" by Beyonce, ", "Rhythm Nation", "The Pleasure Principle" by Janet, "Vogue" by Madonna...

Dancing is her strength, but she has yet to deliver something iconic and truly memorable for the GP in this area. The closest is her Celia Cruz Tribute, but it doesn't count for this thread.
          I'd say Get Right is Iconic it might not be on the level of those other videos you mentioned, but its close.

12K1,502
          Doctor of Jenology
          12K1,502

Aug 23, 2017#30

I kinda agree she doesn't really have a single ladies or vogue or thriller but Gwt right cane dance is known and instantly recognisable kinda like Britneys I'm a Slave for you dance etc.
            Btw Do it well dance break is so underrated I'd say technically it goes harder then get right especially the video version.

Read more posts (-20 remaining)