"Ni Tu Ni Yo" over "Amor Amor Amor".. WHY?

"Ni Tu Ni Yo" over "Amor Amor Amor".. WHY?

Contributor

Jul 28, 2017#1

What went wrong?

Total votes: 28
    3(11%)
    7(25%)
    6(21%)
    1(4%)
    0(0%)
    2(7%)
    1(4%)
    1(4%)
    5(18%)
    2(7%)

I mean what a fucking bop!
    This would had surely been a huge global smash, especially with a respected latin urban artist like Wisin as a feature.

I could have envisioned this as the ultimate Summer bop being played almost everywhere this Summer. It reminds me of the loved Summery-esque Reggaeton songs of those like Yandel's "Encantadora". How did they drop the ball like this? Even the fans wanted this!

Remember?

http://www.beyondbeautifuljlo.com/forum ... 65&t=52192

So what went wrong?
    Why did they decide on "Ni Tu Ni Yo" instead?

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#2

I choose "Amor Amor Amor" over "Ni Tu Ni Yo".. I listen to the small clips everyday..

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#3

I really don't care anymore... I'd rather Amor Amor Amor, but she released Ni Tú Ni Yo, the song looks like a song from Marc Anthony's album! And she's not doing anything for the music... So she releases now any shit and that this era in Spanish end up as fast as we have new songs in English!

I just hope she gets some Grammys with that album!

16K4,305
        Contributor
        16K4,305

Jul 28, 2017#4

Amor Amor Amor sounds MILLION times better than Ni Tu Ni Yo.

This is of course Jen's yes teams fault. Jen probably liked Ni Tu Ni Yo better and there is absolutely NOONE to tell her no.
          She needs a mentor, someone who can say NO to her like Tommy Motolla, LA Reid etc.
          I'm just glad that LA Reid said HUGE NO to Louboutins mess and Jen finally recorded the smash of her career On The Floor.

I hope same will happen with the Spanish album.

Master of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#5

I prefer Amor Amor Amor, altough i love ni tu ni Yo, the first one has much more infectous chorus and the beat is amazing.
            Hopefuly she release this as as a second single with amazing video and promote it overseas.
            Ni tu ni Yo is rising on Latin Airplay now so i think they ll wait till septembar oktobar to release second single.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#6

praying that ni tu ni yo's "failure" won't delay the album

12K11,428
              Contributor
              12K11,428

Jul 28, 2017#7

Hard to tell from the snippets we've heard but NTNY was not the right first single choice. The song never fully grew on me and the video killed any excitement I had for it. Bummer that the start to this era I was looking forward to for so long has been a disappointment. And again she's pretending like she doesn't have a new song and album to promote. We can blame her crazy schedule for that.

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#8

When I heard the snippets from both songs 2 months ago, I was a NTNY fan.
                  BUT, the final version of NTNY is not strong enough for the lead single, and the music video kinda sucks.
                  The only problem with AAA (for me) is the Wisin collab (I don't like him at all), and I think that all this "love" thing, especially in the title, is just too cliché for me.. I know that she always sings about love but, I would prefer something different on the title. Plus, I'm still waiting for the studio version to compare.
                  With what we have now (NTNY song/music video/promo strategy, AAA snippets):
                  AAA>>>>NTNY

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#9

RLO wrote:praying that ni tu ni yo's "failure" won't delay the album
                    I am afraid about that too :friends:

Master of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#10

Both songs would have similar results - That's what happens when you have a one-week-only plan.
                      The End.

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#11

Don't worry sis its most likely to be the 2nd single and I expect you to be praising and fully supporting the song by gifting it to hundreds of people to show your true dedication. :cheer :confetti I can't wait till its released either, its going to absolutely smash WW and I can't wait to also read your endless positive comments once its released :confetti

22K4,141
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        22K4,141

Jul 29, 2017#12

She does whatever she wants. That's why.

16K4,305
                          Contributor
                          16K4,305

Jul 29, 2017#13

Wellyver wrote:Both songs would have similar results - That's what happens when you have a one-week-only plan.
                            The End.
                            /endtopic

Intro to Jenology

Jul 29, 2017#14

Wellyver wrote:Both songs would have similar results - That's what happens when you have a one-week-only plan.
                              The End.
                              I agree

Intro to Jenology

Jul 29, 2017#15

i prefer NTNY

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 29, 2017#16

I just don't want the album to be pushed back that's all.

Master of Jenology

Jul 29, 2017#17

I think she doesnt care much about the success in spanish.. She only release all she want and nothing more.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 29, 2017#18

as long as well get hardcore music videos i'll be fine with that

Contributor

Jul 29, 2017#19

mEm wrote:Amor Amor Amor sounds MILLION times better than Ni Tu Ni Yo.

This is of course Jen's yes teams fault. Jen probably liked Ni Tu Ni Yo better and there is absolutely NOONE to tell her no.
                                        She needs a mentor, someone who can say NO to her like Tommy Motolla, LA Reid etc.
                                        I'm just glad that LA Reid said HUGE NO to Louboutins mess and Jen finally recorded the smash of her career On The Floor.

I hope same will happen with the Spanish album.
                                        Louboutins could have done well had she released it when people knew what Louboutins are. Everyone at that time thought she was saying Louis Vuitton

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 29, 2017#20

I prefer a tu lado

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 30, 2017#21

"Amor Amor Amor" will probably still be a single... if we ever get the album, or if Jen's team at Sony Latin relaunch the era with it as another single prior to the album's release. But "Ni Tu Ni Yo" is still a bop, and I do love it.