Tom Ferry & TRU Concept - Play My Song (feat Dee Ajayi)

All the latest Jennifer Lopez news, pictures, gossip, appearances, etc.
El Chiko Kevo
Bachelor of Jenology

by El Chiko Kevo, Jul 16th, 2017, 9:56 pm

The new younger generous enjoying a J.Lo classic :confetti :love2

Mille Backer
Master of Jenology

by Mille Backer, Jul 16th, 2017, 10:45 pm

WOW! It's nice...
emiliano06
Intermediate Jenology

by emiliano06, Jul 17th, 2017, 12:37 am

This song brings me so many memories... I feel old now lol
mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Jul 17th, 2017, 2:21 am

This song is such a classic JLo song. Its there with Waiting For Tonight, Lets Get Loud, Aint It Funny original, Jenny From The Block...
jlover917
Intro to Jenology

by jlover917, Jul 17th, 2017, 3:29 am

Original is better, even the J to tha LO remix version
juniorsega
Master of Jenology

by juniorsega, Jul 17th, 2017, 3:33 am

I very much believe Jen hates this song and the only reason it was released was because of her label. Either that or she probably hates the association and bad rep it gets cuz the person (not gonna name ha ass!) who sang the chorus. She could easily re-record this song without her and include in Vegas. On the floor-Play- Waiting For Tonight what kinda slayage but nope she wants to sing dianne warwick and celia cruz. This is a great cover by the way. sounds nice.
masc86
Contributor
Contributor

by masc86, Jul 17th, 2017, 7:36 am

If this turns out to be a hit maybe it will wake her up in order she starts to perform this song again
Would be a welcome switch since her setlist hardly changed a thing since the dance again tour
Crazy4JenL
Contributor
Contributor

by Crazy4JenL, Jul 17th, 2017, 8:35 am

masc86 wrote:If this turns out to be a hit maybe it will wake her up in order she starts to perform this song again
Would be a welcome switch since her setlist hardly changed a thing since the dance again tour

Her set list is quite boring and predictable. I really wish she would switch things up a bit and perform some different songs.

Anyways, this song is cute and brings back great memories. Play was never one of my fav Jen songs but its a cute song. As someone mentioned above with Christina being all over the chorus...same thing goes for IR and AIF remix with Ashanti pretty much singing the entire song. Goes to show how little control she had / or has over her music.
Taina Mia
Doctor of Jenology

by Taina Mia, Jul 17th, 2017, 6:41 pm

Love it!
RuRuLoVesJLO
Contributor
Contributor

by RuRuLoVesJLO, Jul 17th, 2017, 7:04 pm

Christina Milian is collecting checks. Still trying to figure out why Jennifer hasn't tapped into Tropical House smh
jlover917
Intro to Jenology

by jlover917, Jul 18th, 2017, 2:41 am

Crazy4JenL wrote:
masc86 wrote:If this turns out to be a hit maybe it will wake her up in order she starts to perform this song again

Her set list is quite boring and predictable. I really wish she would switch things up a bit and perform some different songs.

Anyways, this song is cute and brings back great memories. Play was never one of my fav Jen songs but its a cute song. As someone mentioned above with Christina being all over the chorus...same thing goes for IR and AIF remix with Ashanti pretty much singing the entire song. Goes to show how little control she had / or has over her music.

I don't think it's really her having or not having control. I think whoever produced it just wanted to keep that or maybe she did. It's like for example how Rihanna kept Sias background for Diamonds even the way sia screams and breaks Rihanna did that whole skit too. I think Jen did the same with Expertise when she says "passion" in the song. It happens where they like how it sounds because artist like hearing themselves differently.

Maybe Jen just doesn't see it as a big hit. It would be nice tho if she's planning on adding some new Spanish tracks and change up a bit of the playlist for next round in Vegas
Wellyver
Master of Jenology

by Wellyver, Jul 18th, 2017, 4:50 am

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Christina Milian is collecting checks. Still trying to figure out why Jennifer hasn't tapped into Tropical House smh

we said that ages ago. A Tropical House track by Kygo would be perfect to open a spanish era.
RuRuLoVesJLO
Contributor
Contributor

by RuRuLoVesJLO, Jul 18th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Wellyver wrote:
RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Christina Milian is collecting checks. Still trying to figure out why Jennifer hasn't tapped into Tropical House smh

we said that ages ago. A Tropical House track by Kygo would be perfect to open a spanish era.

Blame Jen's YES team
El Chiko Kevo
Bachelor of Jenology

by El Chiko Kevo, Jul 22nd, 2017, 11:36 am

Can someone make a thread for this on ATRL?

SPotify:

:confetti
gotti
Contributor
Contributor

by gotti, Jul 22nd, 2017, 1:32 pm

I would love to hear Jen re-record play without Milian's vocals
RuRuLoVesJLO
Contributor
Contributor

by RuRuLoVesJLO, Jul 23rd, 2017, 10:55 am

gotti wrote:I would love to hear Jen re-record play without Milian's vocals

There's a reason Tommy kept Milian's vocals on that record...
El Chiko Kevo
Bachelor of Jenology

by El Chiko Kevo, Jul 23rd, 2017, 2:46 pm

This is currently going Viral On certain Spotify Charts,

Canada
Germany
Belgium
Poland
Netherlands

:woot
SC88
Admin
Admin

by SC88, Jul 23rd, 2017, 4:11 pm

We kind off got a version without Christina's vocals already.:

Bonus performance with live vocals :D :

JLOz1FaNaTiC
Contributor
Contributor

by JLOz1FaNaTiC, Jul 23rd, 2017, 11:59 pm

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:

There's a reason Tommy kept Milian's vocals on that record...

I screamed. :lmao
JLOz1FaNaTiC
Contributor
Contributor

by JLOz1FaNaTiC, Jul 24th, 2017, 12:09 am

SC88 wrote:

We kind off got a version without Christina's vocals already.:

Bonus performance with live vocals :D :

One of her few "LIVE" performances from the early 00s where she sounds more confident in herself. I don't know whether she loves the lyrics or the production, but she always killed it!

"PLAYY MY MOTHERFUCKING SONG!! UHHH!"

Can you imagine her slaying this today? I just don't get why she hasn't performed it.
Such a hype song.
CosTaSsSs
Doctor of Jenology

by CosTaSsSs, Jul 24th, 2017, 3:14 am

She even snubbed Play and I'm Gonna Be Alright from her Greatest Hits album, but she kept Feelin' So Good on it. lol I still can't get over of how her greatest hits album should have been.
selena lopez
Doctor of Jenology

by selena lopez, Jul 24th, 2017, 5:02 am

She must hate this song.

It's like Beyonce pays her number 1 hit Check on it, Dust to.
Lacroix
Intro to Jenology

by Lacroix, Jul 26th, 2017, 4:56 am

When Jennifer left Epic in 2010 she agreed to sign over recording copyrights instead of keeping control of certain songs like I'm Real original, Ain't It Funny original, Play. Of course she got paid for "selling" them to Epic. This is the main reason she can't perform any of these songs officially, in public. She only has rights to royalties. She would only get those songs back if the label was shut down.
cupidboy88
Intro to Jenology

by cupidboy88, Jul 26th, 2017, 7:54 am

Lacroix wrote:When Jennifer left Epic in 2010 she agreed to sign over recording copyrights instead of keeping control of certain songs like I'm Real original, Ain't It Funny original, Play. Of course she got paid for "selling" them to Epic. This is the main reason she can't perform any of these songs officially, in public. She only has rights to royalties. She would only get those songs back if the label was shut down.

I didn't know about this.
So she can't use these songs anymore? and why only these?
Wellyver
Master of Jenology

by Wellyver, Jul 26th, 2017, 8:53 am

Lacroix wrote:When Jennifer left Epic in 2010 she agreed to sign over recording copyrights instead of keeping control of certain songs like I'm Real original, Ain't It Funny original, Play. Of course she got paid for "selling" them to Epic. This is the main reason she can't perform any of these songs officially, in public. She only has rights to royalties. She would only get those songs back if the label was shut down.

Nah.

If it was this way, she would sing these songs now since she is with Epic again or during the DAWT. Also, why epic would want the flops and moderate hits and not the real hits?
She doesny like these songs, it is very clear.

Return to “General Discussion”