Ni Tú Ni Yo (Official Music Video)

All the latest Jennifer Lopez news, pictures, gossip, appearances, etc.
User avatar
Wellyver
Master of Jenology
Posts: 3606
Joined: Mar 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm

by Wellyver, Jul 23rd, 2017, 2:10 am

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
CosTaSsSs wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
CosTaSsSs wrote:No more buzz singles, she should just release another single and that's it... Who expects her Spanish songs to smash... seriously? She's building her latin audience and Ni Tu Ni Yo was a good start, second single should be with Maluma or Nicky Jam.

I do. You guys are acting like this is her first rodeo show. She's respected in the Latin scene.

"No Me Ames" was hugely successful. "Que Hiciste" was successful. "Follow The Leader" was successful. "Adrenalina" was successful. Hell, wasn't "Ven A Bailar" #2? "Como Ama Una Mujer" was also successful (per Latin standards) with ease.

She also performed at the Latin Grammy's, Latin Billboard Awards, Dominican Republic, & Macy's July 4th, for this era. Not to mention, the amount of clips/snippets that she posted on her IG/Live.

So, yes I expect her to do more than well considering all this hype. Why do you guys always try to find a way to excuse her?


She needs more than that, besides latin community never respects her because she doesn't "support" Spanish in a way they think she should do. Even my professor at my Spanish course (she's Mexican) she dragged her for not being able to speak Spanish fluently and for not having Spanish songs (she probably meant hit song). lol


1st Latin Actress to be paid 1M dollars
Highest Paid Latina in Hollywood
3 #1's on the Billboard Latin Songs Charts
Countless Top 10's on Latin Chart
#1 Album on the Billboard Latin Albums chart
Premio Lo Nuestro Award
Premios Juventud "Global Icon" Award
Billboard Latin "Star" Award
Most Influential Hispanic Entertainer in the U.S.
2x AMAs for Favorite Latin Artist
10x Billboard Latin Awards
14x Premios Juvented Awards
2x Latin-Grammy nominations

(Standing ovation at Premios Juventud in 2007)
But no respect? Stop excusing her. :lol

P.S. - Your Spanish profesor should be fired for her bias & ignorant commentary. Change schools before it's too late ma.


Hummm, i thought JLOz1FaNaTiC said most of these noms and awards were irrelevant a couple of months ago. :coffee
The thing is... JLo has a relevancy in entertainment, but she is not relevant in music. Most people who buy her stuff or follow her on social medias, like her because she is JLo - they follow the persona, not the actress or the singer. She missed many chances to connect with her latin audience and releasing 1 spanish single in featurings every year doesn't help tho. At this point of her career, she should already be putting out her 4th spanish album. It's delusional to expect the latin audience to jump on a song just because it's her song. Not even her main audience does that for her.
User avatar
CosTaSsSs
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 23257
Joined: Jan 24th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by CosTaSsSs, Jul 23rd, 2017, 2:41 am

Exactly! I don't think the Latin countries really care for her. Her OYPLV and Mirate perfomance helped her to gain the attention of the Latin audience, Ni Tu Ni Yo is building some buzz for now. Is it a flop?... yes, but she always has the choice for a second single in August and to test a new song. Since Shakira will release her third single featuring Nicky Jam, Jen should release the song with Maluma instead.
User avatar
JLOz1FaNaTiC
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 10308
Joined: Jul 17th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by JLOz1FaNaTiC, Jul 23rd, 2017, 2:56 am

Wellyver wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
CosTaSsSs wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:I do. You guys are acting like this is her first rodeo show. She's respected in the Latin scene.

"No Me Ames" was hugely successful. "Que Hiciste" was successful. "Follow The Leader" was successful. "Adrenalina" was successful. Hell, wasn't "Ven A Bailar" #2? "Como Ama Una Mujer" was also successful (per Latin standards) with ease.

She also performed at the Latin Grammy's, Latin Billboard Awards, Dominican Republic, & Macy's July 4th, for this era. Not to mention, the amount of clips/snippets that she posted on her IG/Live.

So, yes I expect her to do more than well considering all this hype. Why do you guys always try to find a way to excuse her?


She needs more than that, besides latin community never respects her because she doesn't "support" Spanish in a way they think she should do. Even my professor at my Spanish course (she's Mexican) she dragged her for not being able to speak Spanish fluently and for not having Spanish songs (she probably meant hit song). lol


1st Latin Actress to be paid 1M dollars
Highest Paid Latina in Hollywood
3 #1's on the Billboard Latin Songs Charts
Countless Top 10's on Latin Chart
#1 Album on the Billboard Latin Albums chart
Premio Lo Nuestro Award
Premios Juventud "Global Icon" Award
Billboard Latin "Star" Award
Most Influential Hispanic Entertainer in the U.S.
2x AMAs for Favorite Latin Artist
10x Billboard Latin Awards
14x Premios Juvented Awards
2x Latin-Grammy nominations

(Standing ovation at Premios Juventud in 2007)
But no respect? Stop excusing her. :lol

P.S. - Your Spanish profesor should be fired for her bias & ignorant commentary. Change schools before it's too late ma.


Hummm, i thought JLOz1FaNaTiC said most of these noms and awards were irrelevant a couple of months ago. :coffee
The thing is... JLo has a relevancy in entertainment, but she is not relevant in music. Most people who buy her stuff or follow her on social medias, like her because she is JLo - they follow the persona, not the actress or the singer. She missed many chances to connect with her latin audience and releasing 1 spanish single in featurings every year doesn't help tho. At this point of her career, she should already be putting out her 4th spanish album. It's delusional to expect the latin audience to jump on a song just because it's her song. Not even her main audience does that for her.

I'm pretty sure that's not what I said precisely.

Nevertheless, it doesn't give you guys the right to excuse all her flops. Literally, here are all the excuses I've heard for "Ni Tu Ni Yo" so far:

- She needs to do a radio tour
- Ageism
- She has too many projects
- The music video will keep it stable
- Latino community don't check for her
- She did no promo
- She's a celebrity
- Video looked like a 'Behind The Scenes'
- She should perform in Europe, "we love her here"
- She should cover Vogue Spain
- Maybe it's just a buzz single
- She's an icon. She can do whatever she wants.
- Give it time. Spanish songs take time to pick up
- Video will save song. She's a streaming queen.
- Sexism
- It's not Gente De Zona. They smashed w/ Bailando
- She's not relevant in music
- She just needs a live performance
- She makes music for the fans
- She busy filming "Shades of Blue"
- Ni Tu Ni Yo isn't generic. You're a hater!

So what is it? At what point do you guys stop excusing her for everything, and just see it for what it really is? Nobody is connecting with the song because it wasn't the best option. It's plain and simple. She lost her hit mojo. She doesn't care what we have to say, what like, or what we expect. She does whatever she wants and that's why she continues to struggle. Tommy would nevah.

If only her team took the time to check BB, and see that her fans have spoken long ago.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=52192

It wasn't hard for them (or her "cousin") to do the research. So I really don't want to hear the excuses anymore. They dropped the ball.
User avatar
jd
Master of Jenology
Posts: 4568
Joined: Jan 15th, 2011, 7:00 pm

by jd, Jul 23rd, 2017, 3:21 am

Ni tu ni Yo is a Great song, but its sound iš adult oriented, that s why i beleive isnt smashing on YouTube tube. Verses Sounds Like from adult song ....and i love it, but its iš just not the sound that Younger population iš listening now. AAA has the same sound and feel but Maybelline stronger chorus.
Maybelline she should release as a NeXT single somethig more Like chantaje or AyM.
And shoot the sexy beach video....
User avatar
Wellyver
Master of Jenology
Posts: 3606
Joined: Mar 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm

by Wellyver, Jul 23rd, 2017, 3:31 am

JLOz1FaNaTiC, - I don't think people are really excusing her but none of the awards and feats you mentioned above is giving her any hits today tho. Have you thought about it? I don't think anybody is buying a Jlo record just because she is the highest paid latina in Hollywood.

If she wants to succeed in music again, she has to do promo, radio tours, great videos, she has to perform overseas, she has to have time to dedicate herself to her music, she has to be able to study/connect with her audience. And most people here are basically saying that. Expecting her to do great in music at this point of her career is delusional. Not even your favorite song aka "I Luh ya puppy" did well in the US with a better video/promo, why would this smash easily? : :ROFL:

Let's praise the looks, her endorsements and her tv success, that's all we have left, since that's all she cares. At this moment she is having fun with her bf and NTNY is probably the last thing in her mind now.
User avatar
mEm
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 15105
Joined: Dec 2nd, 2004, 7:00 pm

by mEm, Jul 23rd, 2017, 3:40 am

Wellyver wrote:JLOz1FaNaTiC, - I don't think people are really excusing her but none of the awards and feats you mentioned above is giving her any hits today tho. Have you thought about it? I don't think anybody is buying a Jlo record just because she is the highest paid latina in Hollywood.

If she wants to succeed in music again, she has to do promo, radio tours, great videos, she has to perform overseas, she has to have time to dedicate herself to her music, she has to be able to study/connect with her audience. And most people here are basically saying that. Expecting her to do great in music at this point of her career is delusional. Not even your favorite song aka "I Luh ya puppy" did well in the US with a better video/promo, why would this smash easily? : :ROFL:

Let's praise the looks, her endorsements and her tv success, that's all we have left, since that's all she cares. At this moment she is having fun with her bf and NTNY is probably the last thing in her mind now.


I fully agree
User avatar
JLOz1FaNaTiC
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 10308
Joined: Jul 17th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by JLOz1FaNaTiC, Jul 23rd, 2017, 3:42 am

Wellyver wrote:I don't think people are really excusing her but none of the awards and feats you mentioned above is giving her any hits today tho. Have you thought about it? I don't think anybody is buying a Jlo record just because she is the highest paid latina in Hollywood.

If she wants to succeed in music again, she has to do promo, radio tours, great videos, she has to perform overseas, she has to have time to dedicate herself to her music, she has to be able to study/connect with her audience. And most people here are basically saying that. Expecting her to do great in music at this point of her career is delusional. Not even your favorite song aka "I Luh ya pu**y" did well in the US with a better video/promo, why would this smash easily? : :ROFL:

Let's praise the looks, her endorsements and her tv success, that's all we have left, since that's all she cares. At this moment she is having fun with her bf and NTNY is probably the last thing in her mind now.


It's honestly not harder to smash in the Latin market. Especially not the Billboard Latin charts, and someone of her caliber. Isn't she a performing/streaming queen? Comparing English to Spanish is like comparing apples to oranges. Let's not forget that after "Get Right" her music career was in a standstill for two years. She then dropped "Que Hiciste" & "CAUM" which did extremely well considering.

And I stated some of her achievements because you guys are making it seem like she isn't recognized or respected in the Latino community. She really is. Latinos recognize what she has done for the community in both music and film. If anything, she probably has more Latino fans than anything else. The music just isn't up to par tbh.

But I agree, she isn't as focused as she should be. She has too many things on her to-do list that it seems like music has become just a hobby for her. Hence, why Marc did all the work.
User avatar
juniorsega
Master of Jenology
Posts: 3150
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: California

by juniorsega, Jul 23rd, 2017, 3:56 am

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
Wellyver wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
CosTaSsSs wrote:
She needs more than that, besides latin community never respects her because she doesn't "support" Spanish in a way they think she should do. Even my professor at my Spanish course (she's Mexican) she dragged her for not being able to speak Spanish fluently and for not having Spanish songs (she probably meant hit song). lol


1st Latin Actress to be paid 1M dollars
Highest Paid Latina in Hollywood
3 #1's on the Billboard Latin Songs Charts
Countless Top 10's on Latin Chart
#1 Album on the Billboard Latin Albums chart
Premio Lo Nuestro Award
Premios Juventud "Global Icon" Award
Billboard Latin "Star" Award
Most Influential Hispanic Entertainer in the U.S.
2x AMAs for Favorite Latin Artist
10x Billboard Latin Awards
14x Premios Juvented Awards
2x Latin-Grammy nominations

(Standing ovation at Premios Juventud in 2007)
But no respect? Stop excusing her. :lol

P.S. - Your Spanish profesor should be fired for her bias & ignorant commentary. Change schools before it's too late ma.


Hummm, i thought JLOz1FaNaTiC said most of these noms and awards were irrelevant a couple of months ago. :coffee
The thing is... JLo has a relevancy in entertainment, but she is not relevant in music. Most people who buy her stuff or follow her on social medias, like her because she is JLo - they follow the persona, not the actress or the singer. She missed many chances to connect with her latin audience and releasing 1 spanish single in featurings every year doesn't help tho. At this point of her career, she should already be putting out her 4th spanish album. It's delusional to expect the latin audience to jump on a song just because it's her song. Not even her main audience does that for her.

I'm pretty sure that's not what I said precisely.

Nevertheless, it doesn't give you guys the right to excuse all her flops. Literally, here are all the excuses I've heard for "Ni Tu Ni Yo" so far:

- She needs to do a radio tour
- Ageism
- She has too many projects
- The music video will keep it stable
- Latino community don't check for her
- She did no promo
- She's a celebrity
- Video looked like a 'Behind The Scenes'
- She should perform in Europe, "we love her here"
- She should cover Vogue Spain
- Maybe it's just a buzz single
- She's an icon. She can do whatever she wants.
- Give it time. Spanish songs take time to pick up
- Video will save song. She's a streaming queen.
- Sexism
- It's not Gente De Zona. They smashed w/ Bailando
- She's not relevant in music
- She just needs a live performance
- She makes music for the fans
- She busy filming "Shades of Blue"
- Ni Tu Ni Yo isn't generic. You're a hater!

So what is it? At what point do you guys stop excusing her for everything, and just see it for what it really is? Nobody is connecting with the song because it wasn't the best option. It's plain and simple. She lost her hit mojo. She doesn't care what we have to say, what like, or what we expect. She does whatever she wants and that's why she continues to struggle. Tommy would nevah.

If only her team took the time to check BB, and see that her fans have spoken long ago.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=52192

It wasn't hard for them (or her "cousin") to do the research. So I really don't want to hear the excuses anymore. They dropped the ball.



Gurl your not any different then everyone on this board. Your full of bullshit after bullshit. Regardless of the single choice you wouldn't of been satisfied :lol:

Your so predictable I can literally guess what you would've of said if AA was the lead. ahmmm..

Picks AA as lead:
JLOz1FaNaTiC: "Wisin again??? Why she always collabing with the same basic ass people all the time. Where's Farruko, where's J Balvin??! Wisin hasn't been a thing since him and Yandel split and Adrenalina couldn't even reach #1!"

Picks J Balvin track

JLOz1FaNaTiC: "Jen's team is so clueless, J Balvin is smashing WW and they decide to release this now. The songs gonna flop cuz Mi Gente is going to cannibalize whatever chances this has at being a hit. They should've just gone with the Wisin track or Nicki Jam.

Picks Nicky Jam track

JLOz1FaNaTiC: "Shakira is about to release her song with Nicki Jam and the songs better, Jen has no chance against her and she's gonna be dragged for copying goatkira and if it flops"


Seriously you adjust your opinion to your own agenda so frequently just so you can say "did I lie"
when you yourself don't even know what the latin audience wants. :lol:
User avatar
JLOz1FaNaTiC
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 10308
Joined: Jul 17th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by JLOz1FaNaTiC, Jul 23rd, 2017, 5:07 am

juniorsega wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
Wellyver wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
1st Latin Actress to be paid 1M dollars
Highest Paid Latina in Hollywood
3 #1's on the Billboard Latin Songs Charts
Countless Top 10's on Latin Chart
#1 Album on the Billboard Latin Albums chart
Premio Lo Nuestro Award
Premios Juventud "Global Icon" Award
Billboard Latin "Star" Award
Most Influential Hispanic Entertainer in the U.S.
2x AMAs for Favorite Latin Artist
10x Billboard Latin Awards
14x Premios Juvented Awards
2x Latin-Grammy nominations

(Standing ovation at Premios Juventud in 2007)
But no respect? Stop excusing her. :lol

P.S. - Your Spanish profesor should be fired for her bias & ignorant commentary. Change schools before it's too late ma.


Hummm, i thought JLOz1FaNaTiC said most of these noms and awards were irrelevant a couple of months ago. :coffee
The thing is... JLo has a relevancy in entertainment, but she is not relevant in music. Most people who buy her stuff or follow her on social medias, like her because she is JLo - they follow the persona, not the actress or the singer. She missed many chances to connect with her latin audience and releasing 1 spanish single in featurings every year doesn't help tho. At this point of her career, she should already be putting out her 4th spanish album. It's delusional to expect the latin audience to jump on a song just because it's her song. Not even her main audience does that for her.

I'm pretty sure that's not what I said precisely.

Nevertheless, it doesn't give you guys the right to excuse all her flops. Literally, here are all the excuses I've heard for "Ni Tu Ni Yo" so far:

- She needs to do a radio tour
- Ageism
- She has too many projects
- The music video will keep it stable
- Latino community don't check for her
- She did no promo
- She's a celebrity
- Video looked like a 'Behind The Scenes'
- She should perform in Europe, "we love her here"
- She should cover Vogue Spain
- Maybe it's just a buzz single
- She's an icon. She can do whatever she wants.
- Give it time. Spanish songs take time to pick up
- Video will save song. She's a streaming queen.
- Sexism
- It's not Gente De Zona. They smashed w/ Bailando
- She's not relevant in music
- She just needs a live performance
- She makes music for the fans
- She busy filming "Shades of Blue"
- Ni Tu Ni Yo isn't generic. You're a hater!

So what is it? At what point do you guys stop excusing her for everything, and just see it for what it really is? Nobody is connecting with the song because it wasn't the best option. It's plain and simple. She lost her hit mojo. She doesn't care what we have to say, what like, or what we expect. She does whatever she wants and that's why she continues to struggle. Tommy would nevah.

If only her team took the time to check BB, and see that her fans have spoken long ago.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=52192

It wasn't hard for them (or her "cousin") to do the research. So I really don't want to hear the excuses anymore. They dropped the ball.



Gurl your not any different then everyone on this board. Your full of bullshit after bullshit. Regardless of the single choice you wouldn't of been satisfied :lol:

Your so predictable I can literally guess what you would've of said if AA was the lead. ahmmm..

Picks AA as lead:
JLOz1FaNaTiC: "Wisin again??? Why she always collabing with the same basic ass people all the time. Where's Farruko, where's J Balvin??! Wisin hasn't been a thing since him and Yandel split and Adrenalina couldn't even reach #1!"

Picks J Balvin track

JLOz1FaNaTiC: "Jen's team is so clueless, J Balvin is smashing WW and they decide to release this now. The songs gonna flop cuz Mi Gente is going to cannibalize whatever chances this has at being a hit. They should've just gone with the Wisin track or Nicki Jam.

Picks Nicky Jam track

JLOz1FaNaTiC: "Shakira is about to release her song with Nicki Jam and the songs better, Jen has no chance against her and she's gonna be dragged for copying goatkira and if it flops"


Seriously you adjust your opinion to your own agenda so frequently just so you can say "did I lie"
when you yourself don't even know what the latin audience wants. :lol:

Image

You're a kii.

The difference is I have never lied. Don't know about the Latin audience? I been following the charts for years, I go to Latin clubs, I listen to Spanish radio, and I have countless Dominican, Guatemalan, Colombian, & Mexican friends. I myself am Puerto Rican. Reggaeton, Latin Trap, and Dembow are extremely huge with the younger crowd. And I saw this coming as soon as they showcased this song. What I do know is that nobody is checking for this type of material (as I stated many times before). It's completely generic, and nobody checks for Gente De Zona. How's their first single doing? Yeah, don't recall huh?

Usually my predicitions are pretty much on point. I think that bothers you. And I wouldn't say that about Wisin, J.Balvin, or Nicky Jam because I stan for talent. All of which are extremely popular, and have countless hits. I love my papi Nicky <3.

But nice try.

P.S. I agreed countless times that "Amor 3x" should have been the first single. Where was you ma?
User avatar
Aberas1
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 39
Joined: Apr 28th, 2017, 2:24 pm

by Aberas1, Jul 23rd, 2017, 7:50 am

I'm not jumping into this whole thing, I wonder if someone can explain this to me though.

The 1st week on the Latin Billboard charts, ntny was #32, and this week it's #15 - isn't that progress?

And so I've been checking out a lot of YouTube reaction videos, probably 30 of them or more, some latino, some English, a couple of Brazilian, and literally each and every one praised the song and the video... Like exuberant high praise. Articles from Rolling Stone were positive - they never like her. I haven't come across a bad review online (they may be out there, but I haven't seen them). Honest to God, the *only* criticism I've read has been in this forum, and it's been brutal.

It's not a world wide smash, obviously, but it really seems to me to be a respectable performance for someone radio won't touch. What gives, guys? I don't get it, and I'm not here picking a fight, it's just confusing as hell. Thanks in advance for your patience and kind reply.
User avatar
panos86
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 11442
Joined: Dec 24th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by panos86, Jul 23rd, 2017, 8:16 am

Aberas1 wrote:I'm not jumping into this whole thing, I wonder if someone can explain this to me though.

The 1st week on the Latin Billboard charts, ntny was #32, and this week it's #15 - isn't that progress?

And so I've been checking out a lot of YouTube reaction videos, probably 30 of them or more, some latino, some English, a couple of Brazilian, and literally each and every one praised the song and the video... Like exuberant high praise. Articles from Rolling Stone were positive - they never like her. I haven't come across a bad review online (they may be out there, but I haven't seen them). Honest to God, the *only* criticism I've read has been in this forum, and it's been brutal.

It's not a world wide smash, obviously, but it really seems to me to be a respectable performance for someone radio won't touch. What gives, guys? I don't get it, and I'm not here picking a fight, it's just confusing as hell. Thanks in advance for your patience and kind reply.

Really don't mind them. They always pick and choose how to interpret everything just based on whether it fits their narrative at the time. It's all about music taste and personal validation it has nothing to do with facts or Jen. ;)
User avatar
cjrARG
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 400
Joined: Jun 18th, 2012, 12:56 pm

by cjrARG, Jul 24th, 2017, 2:56 pm

Video is not playing neither on music channels
Overexposed
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 18
Joined: Jul 9th, 2014, 9:26 pm

by Overexposed, Jul 24th, 2017, 9:02 pm

LOL what even is this conversation? J.Lo is definitely relevant in Latin America. But her English material always fared better here than her Spanish songs. I thought that she'd have an easier time following Follow The Leader and Adrenalina, especially since Aint Your Mama was also a hit. But i guess that either we're not here for her as a lead artist singing in Spanish, or the song just isn't what Latin America wanted. I think she'll make this a hit with more time, and then properly smash with the Nicky Jam song. If Thalia can get a hit against all odds then for sure J.Lo can too since she has a way more recent and reliable streak of hits here!
User avatar
RuRuLoVesJLO
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 9904
Joined: Oct 23rd, 2003, 7:00 pm

by RuRuLoVesJLO, Jul 25th, 2017, 12:38 am

Jennifer has never connected with the Spanish audience successfully bc she's never made a smash song in Spanish, you know one of those Spanish songs you hear at every Quincenera, wedding, party, on the street, etc. like Shakira, J. Balvin, Farruko, hell even Noreaga and Nina Sky had one with Oye Mi Canto. I'm still surprised we never got a full on Reggaeton song (not a remix) from Jennifer...
User avatar
rafaelsalguero
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 12196
Joined: Nov 12th, 2003, 7:00 pm
Location: MEXICO

by rafaelsalguero, Jul 27th, 2017, 5:24 pm

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
juniorsega wrote:
JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
Wellyver wrote:

The difference is I have never lied. Don't know about the Latin audience? I been following the charts for years, I go to Latin clubs, I listen to Spanish radio, and I have countless Dominican, Guatemalan, Colombian, & Mexican friends. I myself am Puerto Rican. Reggaeton, Latin Trap, and Dembow are extremely huge with the younger crowd. And I saw this coming as soon as they showcased this song. What I do know is that nobody is checking for this type of material (as I stated many times before). It's completely generic, and nobody checks for Gente De Zona. How's their first single doing? Yeah, don't recall huh?

Usually my predicitions are pretty much on point. I think that bothers you. And I wouldn't say that about Wisin, J.Balvin, or Nicky Jam because I stan for talent. All of which are extremely popular, and have countless hits. I love my papi Nicky <3.

But nice try.

P.S. I agreed countless times that "Amor 3x" should have been the first single. Where was you ma?


Image
User avatar
Dan#jlofan
Bachelor of Jenology
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sep 27th, 2014, 8:56 am

by Dan#jlofan, Jul 27th, 2017, 8:32 pm

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Jennifer has never connected with the Spanish audience successfully bc she's never made a smash song in Spanish, you know one of those Spanish songs you hear at every Quincenera, wedding, party, on the street, etc. like Shakira, J. Balvin, Farruko, hell even Noreaga and Nina Sky had one with Oye Mi Canto. I'm still surprised we never got a full on Reggaeton song (not a remix) from Jennifer...


I know it's not actually in Spanish but isn't Let's Get Loud that sort of a song.
User avatar
RLO
Bachelor of Jenology
Posts: 1218
Joined: Feb 27th, 2014, 5:34 pm

by RLO, Jul 27th, 2017, 8:32 pm

as long as she keeps pushing something is bound to click with her audience. I hope we get some hype next month!!!
User avatar
daxview
Master of Jenology
Posts: 3856
Joined: Feb 27th, 2010, 7:00 pm

by daxview, Jul 27th, 2017, 11:26 pm

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Jennifer has never connected with the Spanish audience successfully bc she's never made a smash song in Spanish, you know one of those Spanish songs you hear at every Quincenera, wedding, party, on the street, etc. like Shakira, J. Balvin, Farruko, hell even Noreaga and Nina Sky had one with Oye Mi Canto. I'm still surprised we never got a full on Reggaeton song (not a remix) from Jennifer...


That is so true! Jennifer spanish songs are for old women who doesn't buy songs or use Spotify.
We know she grew up with these type of songs, but but if she want to hit in latinamerica, she should listen some of the hits and take notes.
User avatar
JCP
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 133
Joined: Dec 18th, 2014, 1:54 am

by JCP, Jul 28th, 2017, 1:33 am

Wow someone of y'all are fucking crazy!
Go Stan for someone else!! #next
User avatar
mEm
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 15105
Joined: Dec 2nd, 2004, 7:00 pm

by mEm, Jul 28th, 2017, 8:22 am

Amazing piano cover,
show some love to the guy who played it. Leave a comment, like.

User avatar
RuRuLoVesJLO
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 9904
Joined: Oct 23rd, 2003, 7:00 pm

by RuRuLoVesJLO, Jul 29th, 2017, 11:47 pm

Dan#jlofan wrote:
RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Jennifer has never connected with the Spanish audience successfully bc she's never made a smash song in Spanish, you know one of those Spanish songs you hear at every Quincenera, wedding, party, on the street, etc. like Shakira, J. Balvin, Farruko, hell even Noreaga and Nina Sky had one with Oye Mi Canto. I'm still surprised we never got a full on Reggaeton song (not a remix) from Jennifer...


I know it's not actually in Spanish but isn't Let's Get Loud that sort of a song.



LGL is an English pop record with heavy Latin flavor. I'm talking about a La Tortura, a Mi Gente, a Suavemente, a Gasolina, a Despacito, a Danza Kaduro, a El Perdon, a Bidi Bidi Bom Bom, an Obsesion type records in Spanish.
User avatar
rafaelsalguero
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 12196
Joined: Nov 12th, 2003, 7:00 pm
Location: MEXICO

by rafaelsalguero, Jul 30th, 2017, 2:35 am

I can't believe Carlos Vives's new music video "ROBARTE UN BESO" featuring Sebastian Yatra gets 11 millions views in 1 day!!

NB1990
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 116
Joined: Jul 8th, 2017, 4:23 pm

by NB1990, Jul 30th, 2017, 9:01 am

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Jennifer has never connected with the Spanish audience successfully bc she's never made a smash song in Spanish, you know one of those Spanish songs you hear at every Quincenera, wedding, party, on the street, etc. like Shakira, J. Balvin, Farruko, hell even Noreaga and Nina Sky had one with Oye Mi Canto. I'm still surprised we never got a full on Reggaeton song (not a remix) from Jennifer...

No me ames says hello
User avatar
JLOz1FaNaTiC
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 10308
Joined: Jul 17th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by JLOz1FaNaTiC, Jul 30th, 2017, 9:40 am

NB1990 wrote:
RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Jennifer has never connected with the Spanish audience successfully bc she's never made a smash song in Spanish, you know one of those Spanish songs you hear at every Quincenera, wedding, party, on the street, etc. like Shakira, J. Balvin, Farruko, hell even Noreaga and Nina Sky had one with Oye Mi Canto. I'm still surprised we never got a full on Reggaeton song (not a remix) from Jennifer...

No me ames says hello

No, RuRu is right.

Yes, "No Me Ames" is a classic, but it's for viejera (old people). Our generation and younger don't use Salsa. They consider it "old school". Plus, the Salsa genre has been dead for 10+ years now.

She has no iconic Spanish club/party banger. :(

And as a Puerto Rican, I don't remember the last time someone played "No Me Ames" at a party unless someone's auntie stole somebody's phone for a Marc Anthony 90s throwback. :lol
User avatar
Crazy4JenL
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4843
Joined: Nov 28th, 2004, 7:00 pm

by Crazy4JenL, Jul 30th, 2017, 11:13 am

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
NB1990 wrote:
RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Jennifer has never connected with the Spanish audience successfully bc she's never made a smash song in Spanish, you know one of those Spanish songs you hear at every Quincenera, wedding, party, on the street, etc. like Shakira, J. Balvin, Farruko, hell even Noreaga and Nina Sky had one with Oye Mi Canto. I'm still surprised we never got a full on Reggaeton song (not a remix) from Jennifer...

No me ames says hello

No, RuRu is right.

Yes, "No Me Ames" is a classic, but it's for viejera (old people). Our generation and younger don't use Salsa. They consider it "old school". Plus, the Salsa genre has been dead for 10+ years now.

She has no iconic Spanish club/party banger. :(

And as a Puerto Rican, I don't remember the last time someone played "No Me Ames" at a party unless someone's auntie stole somebody's phone for a Marc Anthony 90s throwback. :lol


No Me Ames is a classic but I agree with what you guys are saying in that it's not one of those classic Spanish songs you hear at every Spanish party.

I will not agree with you on the Salsa and it being dead though. I'm Cuban/Dominican and we still heavily use Salsa.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CosTaSsSs and 21 guests