2.176 +0.208

Spotify:
        #143 - Ni Tu Ni Yo - 521, 182 streams
        Why happy?

14K6,382
        Contributor
        14K6,382

Jul 30, 2017#704

They just started playing the song on French radio, I don't know why they waited so long.

20K7,952
          Doctor of Jenology
          20K7,952

Jul 30, 2017#705

moejlo wrote:
            Luka711 wrote:Spanish:
            18 +2
            JENNIFER LOPEZ
            Ni Tu Ni Yo f/Gente De Zona
            355 +42
            2.122 +0.399
            :rockon

Tropical:
            14 =
            JENNIFER LOPEZ
            261 +5
            2.176 +0.208

Spotify:
            Why happy?
            Cuz it's a great update, I guess :P

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 31, 2017#706

Luka711 wrote:Spanish:
              18 +2
              JENNIFER LOPEZ
              355 +42
              2.122 +0.399
              :rockon

Tropical:
              14 =
              JENNIFER LOPEZ
              261 +5
              2.176 +0.208

Spotify:
              Slow And steady. Christmas Hit Here We Come! :woot woot

Ima need spotify to pick up a bit. I'm having none of this consistency, hit 600k already! :ROFL:

20K7,952
              Doctor of Jenology
              20K7,952

Jul 31, 2017#707

Spanish:
                18 =
                JENNIFER LOPEZ
                378 +23
                2.299 +0.177

Tropical:
                13 +1
                JENNIFER LOPEZ
                262 +1
                2.375 +0.199

Spotify:
                #164 - Ni Tu Ni Yo - 425, 010 streams

Intro to Jenology

Jul 31, 2017#708

I was thinking and a good promo could be if Jen would record a Mi Gente's remix with J Balvin with video and then drop her song with Maluma and finally a month before release the album.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 31, 2017#709

Dropping on Itunes in Spain :(

#22 Spain

14K6,382
                    Contributor
                    14K6,382

Aug 01, 2017#710

Interesting read..

Why Are There No Women on Spain's Music Charts? A Guest Essay by Daniela Bose
                      There are no women on Spain’s music sales charts. Instead, you can find women, now and throughout history, on the charts in France and Italy -- Mediterranean countries with similar cultures.

What’s happening to us?

Have we all -- including the women who buy music -- suddenly become machistas?

I refuse to believe that.

But truth is, if we analyze sales on the 2016 top 50 albums chart, we only find global female artists like Adele, Beyoncé and Sia. Spanish female acts only include Malú (who’s been at this since she was 16 years old, so she’s a true veteran at this point); Vanesa Martin, who’s also been fighting for her place for years; Sweet California, who sing in English; India Martinez, more of a world act; and the great Mónica Naranjo, who, along with Isabel Pantoja, represent Spanish folklore.

So I look at the top 100, certain things will be better, but it’s just the opposite; there are even fewer women, proportionally speaking, than in the top 50. And poor me when I check out the top 50 songs/streaming chart of 2016: There’s only Sia, Jennifer Lopez, Zara Larsson, Rihanna (with Drake) and Fifth Harmony (a miracle at No. 48).

Not a single Spanish female act.

Here’s why: Consumers have substituted Spanish and Latin pop music with reggaeton and, increasingly, trap songs.

Artists who sing and write these songs are men, very machitos, I would say, who usually speak about a woman as if she were a piece of steak, destined to be enjoyed by the irresistible man; for him, she’d do anything, of course, crawling at his feet and begging.

And it would appear that we love these songs and these artists because they’re our favorites.

Let’s not get confused: I’m not talking about songs like “Despacito”; that’s G-rated. The preponderant message I’m talking about is crystal clear: Cheat on your partner because I’m better than he is in bed, but don’t sweat it. I only want you for a little bit, and I don't want you to chat with or to go to the movies and hold hands.

But this lack of women on the charts is not something that happened four days ago. It’s been a long time coming, and undoubtedly, it’s a social and educational issue.

In Spain, music has never been regarded as culture, and as a result, its performers and composers haven't gotten the respect afforded to them in other countries. As a result, women, who’ve always had it tougher in every respect, suffer doubly in this scenario.

Music is not one of those “secure” professions, and we seek stability. It’s not a profession with many women in prominent roles, so we think it’s more of a man’s world. And there are no women on the sales charts because there are no women heading record labels or concert production companies, nor are there many women in fields like sound engineering. In other words, we’re not where the money is, the “real business,” and as a result, we don’t participate in the decision- making process that sets the path for this industry.

It’s a big mistake. Music, and creative endeavors in general, should make no distinctions based on gender. History is full of female writers and of men composing for female singers. Genius doesn’t distinguish between genders. What dazzles is the beauty of the final work, regardless of who creates it.

Daniela Bosé is a Spanish music executive, last serving as managing director of Spain and Portugal for BMG Music Publishing. She also directed the documentary "Women of Music."
                      http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... t-essay-by

20K7,952
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      20K7,952

Aug 01, 2017#711

^The same in Latin America.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#712

daisylo wrote:Interesting read..

Why Are There No Women on Spain's Music Charts? A Guest Essay by Daniela Bose
                          There are no women on Spain’s music sales charts. Instead, you can find women, now and throughout history, on the charts in France and Italy -- Mediterranean countries with similar cultures.

What’s happening to us?

Have we all -- including the women who buy music -- suddenly become machistas?

I refuse to believe that.

But truth is, if we analyze sales on the 2016 top 50 albums chart, we only find global female artists like Adele, Beyoncé and Sia. Spanish female acts only include Malú (who’s been at this since she was 16 years old, so she’s a true veteran at this point); Vanesa Martin, who’s also been fighting for her place for years; Sweet California, who sing in English; India Martinez, more of a world act; and the great Mónica Naranjo, who, along with Isabel Pantoja, represent Spanish folklore.

So I look at the top 100, certain things will be better, but it’s just the opposite; there are even fewer women, proportionally speaking, than in the top 50. And poor me when I check out the top 50 songs/streaming chart of 2016: There’s only Sia, Jennifer Lopez, Zara Larsson, Rihanna (with Drake) and Fifth Harmony (a miracle at No. 48).

Not a single Spanish female act.

Here’s why: Consumers have substituted Spanish and Latin pop music with reggaeton and, increasingly, trap songs.

Artists who sing and write these songs are men, very machitos, I would say, who usually speak about a woman as if she were a piece of steak, destined to be enjoyed by the irresistible man; for him, she’d do anything, of course, crawling at his feet and begging.

And it would appear that we love these songs and these artists because they’re our favorites.

Let’s not get confused: I’m not talking about songs like “Despacito”; that’s G-rated. The preponderant message I’m talking about is crystal clear: Cheat on your partner because I’m better than he is in bed, but don’t sweat it. I only want you for a little bit, and I don't want you to chat with or to go to the movies and hold hands.

But this lack of women on the charts is not something that happened four days ago. It’s been a long time coming, and undoubtedly, it’s a social and educational issue.

In Spain, music has never been regarded as culture, and as a result, its performers and composers haven't gotten the respect afforded to them in other countries. As a result, women, who’ve always had it tougher in every respect, suffer doubly in this scenario.

Music is not one of those “secure” professions, and we seek stability. It’s not a profession with many women in prominent roles, so we think it’s more of a man’s world. And there are no women on the sales charts because there are no women heading record labels or concert production companies, nor are there many women in fields like sound engineering. In other words, we’re not where the money is, the “real business,” and as a result, we don’t participate in the decision- making process that sets the path for this industry.

It’s a big mistake. Music, and creative endeavors in general, should make no distinctions based on gender. History is full of female writers and of men composing for female singers. Genius doesn’t distinguish between genders. What dazzles is the beauty of the final work, regardless of who creates it.

Daniela Bosé is a Spanish music executive, last serving as managing director of Spain and Portugal for BMG Music Publishing. She also directed the documentary "Women of Music."
                          http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... t-essay-by
                          It still surprises me how HUGE of a hit Ain't Your Mama was in Spain and what an achievement it was for Jen. Hopefully something from this era can repeat that success.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#713

Yes hopefully the bext single

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#714

On the rise on Itunes in Spain
                              #12 Spain

Master of Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#715

Spotify and YouTube are currently dominated by males.
                                Females ste struggling on all platforms, especialy on the radio and spotify.
                                Veteran Singers are sufdeting the most.
                                So considering all of that Jennifer od doing Nice compare to others

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#716

Small radio tour in Europe; especially Spain, Italy, France would do wonders for charts. And she should perform on one big event here like EMAs on NRJ awards. Remember the success Try Me had on radios and streams in Europe? Shame they didn't make a video... Why the most songs she features don't make it, like El mismo sol, Sweet Spot, Try me?

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#717

pitbulljlo wrote:Small radio tour in Europe; especially Spain, Italy, France would do wonders for charts. And she should perform on one big event here like EMAs on NRJ awards. Remember the success Try Me had on radios and streams in Europe? Shame they didn't make a video... Why the most songs she features don't make it, like El mismo sol, Sweet Spot, Try me?
                                    Yeah so true. Any sort of performance is Spain would certainly lead to a multiplatinum single. I'm sure the same would go in other European markets. I hope that maybe she's saving this sort of promo for when the album is out. There is no way she should let this era pass without a performance is Spain.

14K6,382
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,382

Aug 01, 2017#718

Dan#jlofan wrote:
                                      pitbulljlo wrote:Small radio tour in Europe; especially Spain, Italy, France would do wonders for charts. And she should perform on one big event here like EMAs on NRJ awards. Remember the success Try Me had on radios and streams in Europe? Shame they didn't make a video... Why the most songs she features don't make it, like El mismo sol, Sweet Spot, Try me?
                                      Yeah so true. Any sort of performance is Spain would certainly lead to a multiplatinum single. I'm sure the same would go in other European markets. I hope that maybe she's saving this sort of promo for when the album is out. There is no way she should let this era pass without a performance is Spain.
                                      I'm more of a movie fan and I'm hoping that she'll give up on that rom-com she's suppose to film and promote the album oversea instead.

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#719

daisylo wrote:
                                        Dan#jlofan wrote:
                                        I'm more of a movie fan and I'm hoping that she'll give up on that rom-com she's suppose to film and promote the album oversea instead.
                                        Remember when Elaine said it was a movie and "another thing" that postponed BBB. Maybe it is a quick little tour to support the album?

20K7,952
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        20K7,952

Aug 01, 2017#720

She has to come to Europe this time ! No excuses Jennifah !

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#721

daisylo wrote:
                                            Dan#jlofan wrote:
                                            True, even one performance could have impact in few countries.

I agree. I want to see her again on big screen again but she needs to get serious about music release and do it right.

20K7,952
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            20K7,952

Aug 01, 2017#722

It's a big radio in Germany.
                                              Vote for Jennifer pls: https://www.planetradio.de/music/most-wanted.html

14K6,382
                                              Contributor
                                              14K6,382

Aug 01, 2017#723

pitbulljlo wrote:
                                                True, even one performance could have impact in few countries.

I agree. I want to see her again on big screen again but she needs to get serious about music release and do it right.
                                                If the movie was a production with great people behind it she should totally do it she hasn't done a movie in a while now but that type of project is a waste of time better be used to promote an album and not waste over a year of work.

JFan wrote: Remember when Elaine said it was a movie and "another thing" that postponed BBB. Maybe it is a quick little tour to support the album?
                                                Maybe.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#724

#135 france

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 01, 2017#725

moejlo wrote:#135 france
                                                    Spotify or Itunes?

Read more posts (178 remaining)