JLO-"Por Primera Vez" - NEW ALBUM

All the latest Jennifer Lopez news, pictures, gossip, appearances, etc.
LoveJennyLo
Doctor of Jenology

by LoveJennyLo, Feb 9th, 2018, 3:24 pm

emiliano06 wrote:Forget about Mirate, Que se jodan, Dime que me esperas, El... This would be a completly new album.

And I was dying to hear those songs.
Especially Dime que me esperas and Él...
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Feb 9th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Again we should wait and see... Jen has been through this before. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Changing an album's direction, recording new stuff and finding a new vibe is part of the industry. She did it after Louboutins and after LIU... we will see how this time will go.
Personally i really love what she's put out musically this last year but as usual her comebacks are riddled with rookie mistakes promo wise - when there was promo at all in the first place - that stop her material from reaching its full potential.
daxview
Master of Jenology

by daxview, Feb 9th, 2018, 9:10 pm

I don’t think Jennifer Lopez care for her career anymore, she’s a bussines woman now and she’s happy with her life, money+love, that’s all she needs. We should learn this and enjoy whatever it’s coming, I enjoyed ‘Us’ a lot, even when it was a flop, it was a great surprise!
albacho
Intermediate Jenology

by albacho, Feb 9th, 2018, 11:53 pm

rafaelsalguero
Doctor of Jenology

by rafaelsalguero, Feb 10th, 2018, 1:16 am

so at the end "DIMELO" exist !!!
DominicanPapiBlaze
Contributor
Contributor

by DominicanPapiBlaze, Feb 10th, 2018, 1:29 am

rafaelsalguero wrote:so at the end "DIMELO" exist !!!

What do you mean?
CosTaSsSs
Doctor of Jenology

by CosTaSsSs, Feb 10th, 2018, 4:43 am

Guys, what if she's adding songs instead of excluding? lol I mean tracks such as Amnesia and Llegaste I don't think they'll make the cut, and hopefully the other cover Dime Que Me Esperas doesn't make the cut, because it's a cover!
moejlo
Master of Jenology

by moejlo, Feb 10th, 2018, 5:01 am

I believe she is taking a different route and style with her Spanish album especially after the marc anthony s flops NTNy and AAA .... Dinero is coming soon ... my dreams told me in 2 weeks
mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Feb 10th, 2018, 7:07 am

She should have never worked with Marc Anthony in the first place. He already did her first Spanish album, I know most people like CAUM here, but CAUM being her worst scored album on metacritic says a lot about it. NOONE (besides few stans here) want to hear ballads from her. And that motiff guy, i don't even know who he is, Jen must stop working with him too. Ni Tu Ni Yo and Amor Amor Amor sound almost same and they did nothing for her career (besides damaging her image)

It'll be great if they scrap the whole project and start over. Work with real great producers and give us that damn J Balvin, Maluma, Bad Bunny songs. Give us songs like Chantaje, Mi Gente etc. not ballads not 90's Latin songs like Ni Tu Ni Yo.
moejlo
Master of Jenology

by moejlo, Feb 10th, 2018, 7:17 am

mEm wrote:She should have never worked with Marc Anthony in the first place. He already did her first Spanish album, I know most people like CAUM here, but CAUM being her worst scored album on metacritic says a lot about it. NOONE (besides few stans here) want to hear ballads from her. And that motiff guy, i don't even know who he is, Jen must stop working with him too. Ni Tu Ni Yo and Amor Amor Amor sound almost same and they did nothing for her career (besides damaging her image)

It'll be great if they scrap the whole project and start over. Work with real great producers and give us that damn J Balvin, Maluma, Bad Bunny songs. Give us songs like Chantaje, Mi Gente etc. not ballads not 90's Latin songs like Ni Tu Ni Yo.

Cant agree more . Well said . She should re invent the project and test the waters with Dinero especially that the hype is there already
ripoll
Intro to Jenology

by ripoll, Feb 10th, 2018, 7:32 am

moejlo wrote:
mEm wrote:She should have never worked with Marc Anthony in the first place. He already did her first Spanish album, I know most people like CAUM here, but CAUM being her worst scored album on metacritic says a lot about it. NOONE (besides few stans here) want to hear ballads from her. And that motiff guy, i don't even know who he is, Jen must stop working with him too. Ni Tu Ni Yo and Amor Amor Amor sound almost same and they did nothing for her career (besides damaging her image)

Cant agree more . Well said . She should re invent the project and test the waters with Dinero especially that the hype is there already

Don' t expect much from Dinero. Sure it'll be another grate flop! If she doesn' t change the strategy, everything we'll be like this. And those nasty duets don' t serve her at all! For me it would be much better if she had sung alone!
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology

by Luka711, Feb 10th, 2018, 8:21 am

You guys know everything ... she should do this, she should do that ... I wonder why you still havent become bigger in your lifes than Jennifer Lopez ...
mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Feb 10th, 2018, 8:33 am

Luka711 wrote:You guys know everything ... she should do this, she should do that ... I wonder why you still havent become bigger in your lifes than Jennifer Lopez ...

You don't have to be "bigger" than someone else when you tell your opinion about a specific topic.
This is a forum and we are talking about JLo's music career, sorry if this offends you somehow Luka.
CosTaSsSs
Doctor of Jenology

by CosTaSsSs, Feb 10th, 2018, 8:38 am

I get that you all are frustrated with charts, but what do you expect at this point of her career? She should just make songs and albums for fans, and I'm ok with that.
albacho
Intermediate Jenology

by albacho, Feb 10th, 2018, 8:48 am

+1000000
QueenCedar101
Intermediate Jenology

by QueenCedar101, Feb 10th, 2018, 9:21 am

How did NTNY and Amorx3 damage her image?
ripoll
Intro to Jenology

by ripoll, Feb 10th, 2018, 9:29 am

albacho wrote:

+1000000

mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Feb 10th, 2018, 9:40 am

QueenCedar101 wrote:

She's released way too many songs and they do not make any impact on youtube, spotify, iTunes etc.
When it comes to Jennifer, releasing a song isn't something exciting anymore... Have you even seen the latest posts in here? It is same for us too, everyone lost their excitement because of the way her team handles her music.
Just tell me this, which great music producer would want to work with her and give her their best material, if they know her songs aren't streamed? Knowing that Jen will do nothing to promote song and the song will go to nowhere, who will give her hit songs?! They wouldn't want their names to be associated with her imo. This is also the reason why big movie directors do not work with her.
For example, do you really think Skrillex will work with her again? :coffee
If she just keeps on releasing random songs without supporting them, I am afraid even music blogs will stop posting about her at some point... It is sad to see other people aren't even talking about Jen releasing a new song on other forums anymore because she releases way too many songs and then nothing happens.
Anyway, this is just what i think. But i see that some people agree with me, so...
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology

by Luka711, Feb 10th, 2018, 9:48 am

mEm wrote:
Luka711 wrote:You guys know everything ... she should do this, she should do that ... I wonder why you still havent become bigger in your lifes than Jennifer Lopez ...

You don't have to be "bigger" than someone else when you tell your opinion about a specific topic.
This is a forum and we are talking about JLo's music career, sorry if this offends you somehow Luka.

It doesnt offend me lol
But it's easy to sit at home, check itunes/spotify and say she should work with him, him and him, so she might get a "hit" or she should scrap everything she's done so far and start over or she should record this and this %)

At the end of the day, she's an artist, it's her name there, her music and let her record what she wants to. If you dont like it or you just care about hits, you can stan for someone else, who's more successful right now. Cuz she has her prime days behind her. I want the best for her too and I'm frustrated that we have to wait that long for the album, but my constant compliants wouldnt change anything.

btw, I honestly feel like you just say the same thing over and over again tbh :lol: :coffee
GermanLover
Contributor
Contributor

by GermanLover, Feb 10th, 2018, 12:37 pm

NTNY and Amorx3 didn't damage her image. The A.K.A. era did. They should have changed the direction after ILYP and First Love flopped.

To me Amorx3 is one of her best singles. This time I don't understand why they should change direction.
GabrielRod21
Intro to Jenology

by GabrielRod21, Feb 10th, 2018, 2:51 pm

GermanLover wrote:NTNY and Amorx3 didn't damage her image. The A.K.A. era did. They should have changed the direction after ILYP and First Love flopped.

To me Amorx3 is one of her best singles. This time I don't understand why they should change direction.

+ 1000000000000000

Booty and TENS had to be the first singles of Also Knowed As.
QueenCedar101
Intermediate Jenology

by QueenCedar101, Feb 10th, 2018, 4:21 pm

mEm wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:

She's released way too many songs and they do not make any impact on youtube, spotify, iTunes etc.
When it comes to Jennifer, releasing a song isn't something exciting anymore... Have you even seen the latest posts in here? It is same for us too, everyone lost their excitement because of the way her team handles her music.
Just tell me this, which great music producer would want to work with her and give her their best material, if they know her songs aren't streamed? Knowing that Jen will do nothing to promote song and the song will go to nowhere, who will give her hit songs?! They wouldn't want their names to be associated with her imo. This is also the reason why big movie directors do not work with her.
For example, do you really think Skrillex will work with her again? :coffee
If she just keeps on releasing random songs without supporting them, I am afraid even music blogs will stop posting about her at some point... It is sad to see other people aren't even talking about Jen releasing a new song on other forums anymore because she releases way too many songs and then nothing happens.
Anyway, this is just what i think. But i see that some people agree with me, so...

You actually have a point. For me, it's more that she's not showing her passion by releasing things on time and posting about it, even if it's not a hit. It's like, does she truly care for music at all? Her team does a terrible job, too. I don't think she has released that many songs or has done that many projects recently. It's just that she doesn't really give 100% effort in all of them, if any at all. But at the end of day, music is only part of the equation, and she's a brand. If she really wants people to start taking her a bit more seriously and possibly have iconic duets, music should be cared for more. She needs to start promoting her career, not boyfriend.
platanopower
Intro to Jenology

by platanopower, Feb 10th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Soooo much blah blah, amor 3x, NTNy were good songs, just not promoted properly and Mírate alone is better than half of all jen songs together...so now Marc should be in the toilet when it’s actually her bs team fault...jen should do this and that, the problem jen is not commited to anything 100% so she will keep flopping till her and her team get it together.
LuisDelux
Intro to Jenology

by LuisDelux, Feb 10th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Jean Carlos Canela is so Z-List in the Latin Market I can't even believe it. His most watched video has 44 million views lol :fool: :fool: :fool:
Dan#jlofan
Bachelor of Jenology

by Dan#jlofan, Feb 10th, 2018, 7:14 pm

As long as it’s for his flop album and not hers.

Return to “General Discussion”