Contributor

Nov 18, 2017#1126

Maybe after all the effort she put into AKA she's over it. I hated the AKA album but the era was EVERYTHING. She promoted it like she was a brand new artist. We had multiple videos, performances, the aesthetic was ON POINT. She was everywhere... but it didn't sell (imo because the material was horrible). I think this might have deterred her from putting all her eggs into her music basket.

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 18, 2017#1127

I hate the AKA era... The singles have been picked in the wrong ways, we've only had a divulgation in the US that has not connected with Jennifer since the Brave era, Jennifer turned her back on Europe that always held out to her. If she performs there and surely the album would have at least 500,000 copies sold!

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#1128

gotti wrote:Maybe after all the effort she put into AKA she's over it. I hated the AKA album but the era was EVERYTHING. She promoted it like she was a brand new artist. We had multiple videos, performances, the aesthetic was ON POINT. She was everywhere... but it didn't sell (imo because the material was horrible). I think this might have deterred her from putting all her eggs into her music basket.
        Unfortunately, that's a mixture of the horrific material, the change in the album's direction and a bad label deal. Capitol was just not the right label for her in the end. She went from a RedOne project to a project of utter shit.

22K4,141
        Doctor of Jenology
        22K4,141

Nov 19, 2017#1129

A.K.A. is one of her best albums, it's not the material but her promotion sucked.

Master of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#1130

I love AKA (minus FL, ILYP and SG)

It was the awful first single and that hideous black and white video. Girls shoulda been the official first single with a risqué video to rack up those views.

Master of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#1131

The family yes team needs to go and L.A. Reid needs to take over haha! Would love to see him and Jen team up again. He is not a yes man.

20K7,825
              Doctor of Jenology
              20K7,825

Nov 19, 2017#1132

Lucy19 wrote:The family yes team needs to go and L.A. Reid needs to take over haha! Would love to see him and Jen team up again. He is not a yes man.
                He was accused of sexual harassment ... he's done.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#1133

Luka711 wrote:
                  Lucy19 wrote:The family yes team needs to go and L.A. Reid needs to take over haha! Would love to see him and Jen team up again. He is not a yes man.
                  ouch :bad:

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#1134

Luka711 wrote:
                    Exactly. He isn't at Epic anymore, and even when he was, he did nothing for the label.

Nov 19, 2017#1135

CosTaSsSs wrote:A.K.A. is one of her best albums, it's not the material but her promotion sucked.

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#1136

CosTaSsSs wrote:A.K.A. is one of her best albums, it's not the material but her promotion sucked.
                        AKA remindme somenthing as THIS IS ME THEN but the selection of her singles or maybe the concept of her videos dont help her too much i dont understand JLO dont hire GRET DIRECTORs as old days and she still hire JESSY :x :argh :coffee

16K4,305
                        Contributor
                        16K4,305

Nov 19, 2017#1137

JLovers are the WORST. Like seriously.

Just a few example from what i remember;
                          6/16/14: Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (Interview + performance)
                          6/17/14: GMA (pre-taped interview Part I)
                          6/17/14: Live with Kelly & Michael
                          6/18/14: BET 106 & Park
                          6/19/14: GMA (pre-taped interview Part II)
                          6/19/14: The Wendy Williams Show
                          6/19/14: Watch What Happens Live
                          6/20/14: GMA Summer Concert Series
                          not mentioning that promo teasers (Booty, Worry No More etc), music videos with David Gandy, Billboard Icon Award and performance etc...

AKA album had the one of the biggest promo ever. She had done MORE than everyone else.
                          And you telling "promo sucked", I CANT.

22K4,141
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          22K4,141

Nov 20, 2017#1138

mEm wrote:

not mentioning that promo teasers (Booty, Worry No More etc), music videos with David Gandy, Billboard Icon Award and performance etc...

AKA album had the one of the biggest promo ever. She had done MORE than everyone else.

You call me the worst when you non-stop bitchin' about her material and promo 24/7. Get a life dude.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#1139

Some of y'all in the comments have valid points, but I personally loved the A.K.A. album. I loved almost every song, but the worst one IMO was "Same Girl" with French Montana. I loved the solo version of the song, but he ruined it for me. The album did have a lot of promo, but it probably didn't sell well, because of the new artists currently dominating, plus 2014 is the year with the lowest album sales on record, and even 9 months into the year, no one's album had gone platinum.

Contributor

Nov 20, 2017#1140

mEm wrote:

Exactly. Like wtf? She gave us so much during AKA. It was definitely the material that made it fail, not the effort.

Nov 20, 2017#1141

Nothin On Me wrote:
                                  gotti wrote:Maybe after all the effort she put into AKA she's over it. I hated the AKA album but the era was EVERYTHING. She promoted it like she was a brand new artist. We had multiple videos, performances, the aesthetic was ON POINT. She was everywhere... but it didn't sell (imo because the material was horrible). I think this might have deterred her from putting all her eggs into her music basket.
                                  Unfortunately, that's a mixture of the horrific material, the change in the album's direction and a bad label deal. Capitol was just not the right label for her in the end. She went from a RedOne project to a project of utter shit.
                                  Capitol did everything they could for her, the songs were just not IT.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#1142

gotti wrote:
                                    Nothin On Me wrote:
                                    Capitol did everything they could for her, the songs were just not IT.
                                    As much as I enjoyed the songs, it really doesn't have anything different that separates itself from the radio. At least not in general. She could try to team up to make hit songs, but even at this point in her career, there are newer, younger artists that are topping the charts and appeal more to the younger generation, so you really can't expect much success at all.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#1143

Yeah A.K.A.'s problem were the single choices. They fucked it all up.

The promo was the promo that LOVE? deserved.

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#1144

I still remember them whoring out first love when nobody wanted it. Even the video has disastrous views. It's there fault though, how they gonna tease us with urban Jen then freak out when ILYP didn't hit so they try to save the era by releasing a purely pop song. Then waste the hype booty got in the summer by not doing shit followed by some random performance at fashion rocks followed by video a month later, followed promo for the song 2months later at AMAs. I swear Jens team or Jen herself were extra deaf that year cuz there so many better choices to start the era off.

Thank God were in a new era where Jen throws out singles with 1 performance then moves on when it doesn't smash. Oh wait...

14K2,614
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        14K2,614

Nov 20, 2017#1145

I think "Same Girl" killed the era since the beginning !!! LOL

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#1146

juniorsega wrote:I still remember them whoring out first love when nobody wanted it. Even the video has disastrous views. It's there fault though, how they gonna tease us with urban Jen then freak out when ILYP didn't hit so they try to save the era by releasing a purely pop song. Then waste the hype booty got in the summer by not doing shit followed by some random performance at fashion rocks followed by video a month later, followed promo for the song 2months later at AMAs. I swear Jens team or Jen herself were extra deaf that year cuz there so many better choices to start the era off.

Thank God were in a new era where Jen throws out singles with 1 performance then moves on when it doesn't smash. Oh wait...
                                            Even with that being said, still doing better than Mariah's "Infinity", which peaked a few places higher, but can barely gain views at all, and "Booty" is certified platinum, but mainly due to streams and video views. Unlike some of y'all, I actually love "First Love". Then again, at this point in her career, you can't expect much more smash hits and this generation wouldn't be interested in an artist who is heading towards being a quinquagenarian. Nowadays, this generation wants someone young and fresh. It's how the cycle of the industry is. One group of artists dominate, top the charts, then they start to dwindle down in success and a new generation of artists dominate, top the charts, and dwindle down, and so on. The cycle goes on and on and on.

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#1147

Love? have a better promo then AKA! Even I'm Into You have a performance in another country!

26K8,905
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              26K8,905

Nov 20, 2017#1148

SC88 wrote:I totally agree. I haven't posted in weeks cause she isn't really doing much that is interesting to me anymore and I have kind of moved on.

It seems like she's releasing music on autopilot lately. There has been zero creativity in her last few music videos & performances. The concepts and performances are all recycled.

I truly believe that if she puts everything into her music she still has it in her to create something amazing, but as long as she keeps taking on a million projects at once, I feel like it's not going tot happen anymore.

I'll keep waiting for a creative rebirth
                                                :pray

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 28, 2017#1149

Shakira's El Dorado was nominated for Grammy Awards (Best Pop Latin Album), I hope the JLO's album gets the same and also some Latin Grammy... Not wanting to downgrade, but the Shakira album is not good and she even put on the tracklist a lot of music that she is the guest artist!

12K1,502
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  12K1,502

Nov 28, 2017#1150

Her AKA promo was on point in the US

It was non existent outside the US her worst promoted album ever infact she didnt promote it once outside the US thats why it was a mega FLOP outside the US

She went from 115,000 in the UK (gold album) to selling 5,000 with AKA we didnt even get a proper single release in the UK it was a disaster a embarrassing flop AKA isnt even known here lol

Read more posts (1236 remaining)