Happy Bday A.K.A.

Happy Bday A.K.A.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 17, 2017#1

:confetti such a good album with so many bops and the ballads are Jens best vocals to date ... proud of it and her.

P.s. Be positive. Any negative queens or losers gtfo

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 17, 2017#2

Despite the fact that most of the fans here hated it, I loved it..
      And still can't believe that one of her most amazing songs ever (Charades) was just an exclusive bonus track.
      Happy Birthday A.K.A.!

Intro to Jenology

Jun 17, 2017#3

Thi is a great album but with bad choses as single.
        Start with Same Girl was bad idea, I luh ya papi was another bad. And the negativity that she got with the world cup make this album die.
        But is one of her best albums, maybe her next album could be like a.k.a. but with a litle more Urban UpBeats as singles.

22K4,141
        Doctor of Jenology
        22K4,141

Jun 17, 2017#4

One of her greatest albums!

14K6,346
          Contributor
          14K6,346

Jun 17, 2017#5

chrisjlover wrote:Despite the fact that most of the fans here hated it, I loved it..
            And still can't believe that one of her most amazing songs ever (Charades) was just an exclusive bonus track.
            Happy Birthday A.K.A.!
            This! whoever decided that is an idiot, I love quiet a few songs from the album but really didn't like any of the singles, Booty was ok but it was ruined by the video.
            Favorite were So good, Acting like that, Expertease, Troubeaux (despite the stupid title :p) Emotions, and Let it be me is one of her best ballad.

Contributor

Jun 17, 2017#6

All the best songs were majorily in the Deluxe/Target/Japanese editions, or towards the back of the album.

TENS
              Troubeaux
              Expertease
              Same Girl (Remix)
              Girls (Remix)
              Charades

The tracklist for me was a complete and utter disappointment. Despite the fact that the album had better productions than her previous efforts, all tracks had horrible placement. None of the tracks flew well together. And the best tracks were not in the standard. Luckily, I pre-ordered the Deluxe.

Besides that, I would rate the album a C+.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 18, 2017#7

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:All the best songs were majorily in the Deluxe/Target/Japanese editions, or towards the back of the album.

TENS
                Troubeaux
                Expertease
                Same Girl (Remix)
                Girls (Remix)
                Charades

The tracklist for me was a complete and utter disappointment. Despite the fact that the album had better productions than her previous efforts, all tracks had horrible placement. None of the tracks flew well together. And the best tracks were not in the standard. Luckily, I pre-ordered the Deluxe.

Besides that, I would rate the album a C+.
                Exactly, she should put Girsl and Charades on the standar and put out "Emotions" and "First Love"
                (I dont hate this songs but it dont work with the album) the single choises was bad but is for me one of her best albums.
                This album has great production. I love the Cover, the albums name and.. the blocket is the best.

I would something of this urban influenced on her spanish album, but i know that never hapen.

14K2,614
                Doctor of Jenology
                14K2,614

Jun 18, 2017#8

I love this album !!!!!
                  My favorites:

:love2 :confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 18, 2017#9

rafaelsalguero wrote:I love this album !!!!!
                    My favorites:

:love2 :confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti
                    :jenhifive

The same but including Girls and Worry No More

Intro to Jenology

Jun 18, 2017#10

Everyone at the ballrooms loved Tens and I do too!!! Amazing. I think for singles it was played safe but first love was good as a first official album single then she should of released booty right away cause that's when anaconda came out too I think .... followed by tens and charades as a fan video like same girl. But I don't dislike same girl video at all. But all in all I love the album and everything it stood for. The other day I heard let it be me at the mall and I was like aww it's so powerful :)

P.s. Booty the teaser version would of been huge if that was the video too cause it has dancing and all that which is what the song makes u want to do. Dance

Master of Jenology

Jun 18, 2017#11

This album, out of all her previous efforts was very rushed in production wise, very careless on the lyrics and not much emphasis on the creation and theme of the album. It was like the label wanted her to put an album soon to benefit the contract. I mean she says she recorded it right after her tour. So basically, she sat with the process for about 1 year and half. I felt what ever direction it originally was when RedOne was intended as the original executive producer he would of gave her huge Dance Vibe Pop Bops!!. Maybe,just maybe her team was like lets change the direction because she already had Love? and few singles after that album with RedOne produced tracks. In my opinion they didn't wanna repeat same formula but I get the fact they or she wanted to go back into her urban roots. You can tell from Love? 2011 and A.K.A 2014 is like night and day but it felt very poorly on production. For example, choice of single's and people she worked with. If she would of gave it more time and sat with the process for about 2 more years It would of been more developed.

I really wish she would of picked singles this way.

1. Worry No More ft Rick Ross
                        2.Booty
                        3.So Good
                        4.Let It Be Me

Master of Jenology

Jun 18, 2017#12

chrisjlover wrote:Despite the fact that most of the fans here hated it, I loved it..
                          Happy Birthday A.K.A.!

I love this album.... charades is a really great song... My fave off this album

And I loooooove the album artwork

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 18, 2017#13

Hate that the best tracks werent singles cuz Trabeaux, So Good, AKA, Expertease are great. The first 2 singles completely ruined this albums momentum or lack there of.

20K7,821
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            20K7,821

Jun 18, 2017#14

I like the album !
                              AKA, Charades, So Good, Expertease, Let It Be Me >>>>>>>>>>>>

There's too much autotune in some songs for me tho ;p

Contributor

Jun 18, 2017#15

This album was horrible. It was desperate (ILYP, Booty, AKA), rehashed ideas that worked in the past (Same Girl, Versace Dress in ILYP video, Nas collab, generic Sia track), lyrically abysmal (Emotions, First Love).

Let It Be Me and Tens were the only great things on this album. And even Tens could've been better, Jack Mizrahi is legendary in the ballroom scene but NOT for making tracks. She should've got Kevin Prodigy.

HOWEVER... AKA is her best era of performances.

23K5,924
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                23K5,924

Jun 18, 2017#16

Underrated by both critics and stans.

12K1,502
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  12K1,502

Jun 18, 2017#17

Remember the critics at Jen's house all arselicking the album till it flopped then they all followed suit and bad mouthed the album it's not my fave Jen album to me it's to slow for me! But she has such gems

Charades
                                    Girls
                                    So good
                                    Booty
                                    Tens
                                    Let it be me
                                    Emotions
                                    Troubeaux

I really do like the stand outs but it's horribly dated! I can see why it flopped I get she went for a old school vibe! But this time it didn't work out for her!

But it's not as horrible as some people think vocally it's her best

26K8,905
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    26K8,905

Jun 18, 2017#18

This album was "too much".

Jennifer on steroids but not in a good way.

ILYP was a fun track though and Girls (a remastered version) should have been the first single.

Intermediate Jenology

Jun 18, 2017#19

The Masterpiece!!! :rockon

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 19, 2017#20

Congrats, 3 years OMG...time flies so fast :wow