Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 28, 2017#401

I swear it can't be GDZ. i hope jen is delaying the video/song for another reason

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#402

Contributor

Jun 29, 2017#403

albacho wrote:^ I told this before.
        The smart idea would be A tu lado with Nicky Jam.
        He dont out new videos or songs till today.
        Somebody here told that his song with Shakira "Perro Fiel" out this mont as single and nothing yet.
        I like Ni tu ni yo but i hate that Jen is guiding by her friends, her partners, and not by the charts.
        Obviamente escogio esta cancion por que Marc trata de promocionar a Gente de Zona siempre y es la cancion preferida de Alex.
        Exactamente.

This is clearly Marc's doing as he's already been featured on two of their biggest hits. He pulled all the strings. She needed to do her own thing.

Gente De Zona are extremely generic reggaeton. If you listen to their songs they all pretty much sound the same. There's nothing unique about it. Also, she's been teasing this song for months now why are they pushing this one? Just seems late.

16K4,305
        Contributor
        16K4,305

Jun 29, 2017#404

She was teasing about this song more, before she filmed the music video.

Anyway, not really excited about this. Amor Amor Amor sounded way better and more like Jen's style. I used to have a lil excitement about this spanish album, thanks to her i have no excitement left

23K5,924
          Doctor of Jenology
          23K5,924

Jun 29, 2017#405

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:Gente De Zona are extremely generic reggaeton. If you listen to their songs they all pretty much sound the same. There's nothing unique about it. Also, she's been teasing this song for months now why are they pushing this one? Just seems late.
            Can you please post examples of generic and non-generic reggaeton? I'm sure the rest of us who aren't as familiar with the genre would love to know what you mean by that.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#406

nixy1991 wrote:
              JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:Gente De Zona are extremely generic reggaeton. If you listen to their songs they all pretty much sound the same. There's nothing unique about it. Also, she's been teasing this song for months now why are they pushing this one? Just seems late.
              Can you please post examples of generic and non-generic reggaeton? I'm sure the rest of us who aren't as familiar with the genre would love to know what you mean by that.
              Exactly thank u

20K7,822
              Doctor of Jenology
              20K7,822

Jun 29, 2017#407

I'm sure sth that went to #1 is extremely not generic for him ...

:jenlmao

23K5,924
                Doctor of Jenology
                23K5,924

Jun 29, 2017#408

I wasn't being snarky. lol I just genuinely don't know what he means by "generic reggaeton".

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#409

moejlo wrote:
                    nixy1991 wrote:
                    Exactly thank u
                    GENERIC

REAL REGGAETON

You Understand now..?

23K5,924
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    23K5,924

Jun 29, 2017#410

None of those songs appeal to me in any way. Not the generic ones, nor the "real" ones.

:jenidk

Also, you make it look like Gente De Zona are the only ones making "generic" reggaeton, which is hard to believe.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#411

nixy1991 wrote:None of those songs appeal to me in any way. Not the generic ones, nor the "real" ones.

Also, you make it look like Gente De Zona are the only ones making "generic" reggaeton, which is hard to believe.
                        I forgot include "La Bicicleta" and many others that try to "make" reggaeton.
                        But the point is that you can hear that each Gente de zona' song sound exactly like the last, including NTNY.
                        But at the end of the day nothing matther. Jen decide this song as first single, i just try to explain to you the diference, no more.

Master of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#412

Luka711 wrote:I'm sure sth that went to #1 is extremely not generic for him ...

Right lol

Those songs above ^^ they sound all the same to me extremely boring

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#413

justSWEET wrote:

Right lol

Boring... lol

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#414

I bet tomorrow is the day! :Bravo:

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#415

lucinda wrote:I bet tomorrow is the day! :Bravo:

:Bravo:

Intro to Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#416

justSWEET wrote:

Right lol

So for Jen this music isn't boring baby.
                                  You can hear her.

And Feel the noise soundtrack is an example of Real Reggaeton.

Master of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#417

alexliveitup! wrote:
                                    justSWEET wrote:

Right lol

So for Jen this music isn't boring baby.
                                    You can hear her.

And Feel the noise soundtrack is an example of Real Reggaeton.
                                    Lol I've never even seen that flop movie... I really could care less about reggaaton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

12K11,429
                                    Contributor
                                    12K11,429

Jun 29, 2017#418

This era should have been well into the second single now with the album being released any second now. Messy messy messy.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#419

Jun 29, 2017#420

I LOVE IT GUYS!!!

14K6,346
                                          Contributor
                                          14K6,346

Jun 29, 2017#421

wow ! make a new thread !

Master of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#422

It looks amazing!!!

Lol. I bet people will still bitch tho

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#423

justSWEET wrote:It looks amazing!!!

Lol. I bet people will still bitch tho
                                                Of course they will!! They love bitching

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2017#424

i hope we get the asap as soon as the song drops!

Contributor

Jun 29, 2017#425

nixy1991 wrote:
                                                    What Albacho said.
                                                    Except for "Sexy Movimiento" & "Sexy Robotica". This was the era (2007-2010) where Reggaeton became extremely commercial and introduced Dance/Electro-Pop/Auto Tune elements to the genre.

Anyway, the differences may not be vast from those from Latin America or Central America, but it is in the Caribbean.

The best Reggaeton songs are from the earlier days, 2000-2007ish. I have a Spotify playlist for that if you would like to hear it because my post would be way too long to post. This was honestly Reggaeton in it's prime. From there, it became very commercial. Recently, they have been trying to go back to their roots. Daddy Yankee's "Shaky Shaky" is an example of an old school Reggaeton vibe.

Examples of generic Reggaeton:

"Despacito" is also slightly on the generic side, and there are hundreds more. What I mean by generic is that all elements are starting to sound the same. For example, Tego Calderon was widely known for using Salsa, Bomba y Plena in his Reggaeton songs. This is what set him apart when he came on the scene in 2002. These are music influences native to Puerto Rico from our African lineage. Don Omar was widely known for using Bachata elements in his songs which is native to Dominican Republic. This worked for his style of Reggaeton because it set him apart, and is/was extremely popular. Daddy Yankee was widely known since the 90s for his improvisation and fast delivery freestyle skills which in turn created his own unique style of Reggaeton. And the list goes on. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, but it's not unique.

The videos I posted are NOT, and I repeat, are NOT played in most Latin clubs despite their success. Most Reggaeton songs played in clubs or parties are old school, dembow (a Dominican faster form of Reggaeton), underground, and the new trend of Spanish "Trap" music. They are not even used in Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic. They are just radio friendly Reggaeton-Pop songs. Yes, some of these generic songs are tremendously successful, but they do not age very well in the Latin community.

"Gozadera" will not remembered 10 years from now.

Read more posts (1 remaining)