New movie "Second Act" (Filming end 2017)

All the latest Jennifer Lopez news, pictures, gossip, appearances, etc.
User avatar
jenny4life2love
Bachelor of Jenology
Posts: 2492
Joined: Nov 11th, 2007, 7:00 pm

by jenny4life2love, Nov 4th, 2017, 8:11 am

Dan#jlofan wrote:
kateflo wrote:Image
Image
Image


A Walmart employee in Loubotins? Girl Please.




Yaaasss now you know if she a Walmart employee she has to making minimum wage and no way can’t afford it. Then again,it a holiday film so maybe her boyfriend purchase it for her as a early gift before they went out lol
User avatar
nixy1991
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 20327
Joined: Oct 13th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by nixy1991, Nov 4th, 2017, 8:19 am

I'm sure it'll be explained in the movie.
User avatar
FlyBoy87
Master of Jenology
Posts: 4613
Joined: Mar 11th, 2007, 8:00 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

by FlyBoy87, Nov 4th, 2017, 8:52 am

mEm wrote:She looks just like herself, when she's going out with her boyfriend for a dinner.


Would you like her to wear a mask on this film?

Smh
User avatar
mEm
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 15117
Joined: Dec 2nd, 2004, 7:00 pm

by mEm, Nov 4th, 2017, 10:10 am

FlyBoy87 wrote:
mEm wrote:She looks just like herself, when she's going out with her boyfriend for a dinner.


Would you like her to wear a mask on this film?

Smh

No I dont.
But I also dont like her to look like fashion icon that she is.
User avatar
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 12440
Joined: Oct 13th, 2008, 7:00 pm

by Luka711, Nov 4th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Isnt she supposed to become rich and successful in this movie ? lol
NB1990
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 116
Joined: Jul 8th, 2017, 4:23 pm

by NB1990, Nov 4th, 2017, 2:15 pm

nixy1991 wrote:I know... The cast is chock full of white people. :coffee

I know where are the blacks, asians more latinos ?
User avatar
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 12440
Joined: Oct 13th, 2008, 7:00 pm

by Luka711, Nov 4th, 2017, 2:19 pm

User avatar
xxxcjlopezxxx
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 6804
Joined: Dec 6th, 2004, 7:00 pm

by xxxcjlopezxxx, Nov 4th, 2017, 2:45 pm

Some lovers are really morons... its just too much... ugj
User avatar
QueenCedar101
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 265
Joined: Oct 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm
Location: United States

by QueenCedar101, Nov 4th, 2017, 7:13 pm

NB1990 wrote:
nixy1991 wrote:I know... The cast is chock full of white people. :coffee

I know where are the blacks, asians more latinos ?


OMG, why are y’all complaining about the race and ethnicity of the cast members? Why does it matter? A lot of actors in Hollywood are white. It’s sad how people make it like race should matter. Just because someone is non-white, doesn’t mean they’re a great actor. I’m not saying there aren’t any great non-white actors in Hollywood. There are. Lots of them, but I’m just so sick and tired of people always bringing race and ethnicity into everything. If the cast was mostly Black or Hispanic, most of ya’ll wouldn’t even be complaining. It doesn’t matter what race they are. As long as the actors have talent, it shouldn’t be a problem. Stop playing the race card.
User avatar
QueenCedar101
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 265
Joined: Oct 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm
Location: United States

by QueenCedar101, Nov 4th, 2017, 7:15 pm

kateflo wrote:I don't know if the caption is spoiler so in case to avoid that Imma hide it. She also got a role in SOB - Nina.

Actress Brianda Agramonte, who plays a younger version of Jennifer Lopez...

Image

Image

► Show Spoiler


I honestly thought that was Gina Rodriguez for a second.
User avatar
juniorsega
Master of Jenology
Posts: 3156
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: California

by juniorsega, Nov 4th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Maybe they're filming the end scenes of the film where she makes it Big. I know alot of movies and shows tend to shoot out of order cuz I hope this isn't like scene 2 where she clocks out of walmart and puts on some loubs and balmain coat and waltzes over to put some decorations on her house.
User avatar
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7248
Joined: Apr 9th, 2014, 4:08 am

by daisylo, Nov 5th, 2017, 1:44 am

QueenCedar101 wrote:
NB1990 wrote:
nixy1991 wrote:I know... The cast is chock full of white people. :coffee

I know where are the blacks, asians more latinos ?


OMG, why are y’all complaining about the race and ethnicity of the cast members? Why does it matter? A lot of actors in Hollywood are white. It’s sad how people make it like race should matter. Just because someone is non-white, doesn’t mean they’re a great actor. I’m not saying there aren’t any great non-white actors in Hollywood. There are. Lots of them, but I’m just so sick and tired of people always bringing race and ethnicity into everything. If the cast was mostly Black or Hispanic, most of ya’ll wouldn’t even be complaining. It doesn’t matter what race they are. As long as the actors have talent, it shouldn’t be a problem. Stop playing the race card.


It does matter, lack of diversity is a problem in Hollywood and people like Jen who is considered a minority should help with that and she talked about it before how it's important to have a cast of all races because that's how life is and no I wouldn't be complaining if it was mostly a black/hispanic cast because there isn't enough of them in films.
User avatar
lucinda
Bachelor of Jenology
Posts: 1365
Joined: Jul 3rd, 2015, 11:51 am

by lucinda, Nov 5th, 2017, 3:30 am

User avatar
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7248
Joined: Apr 9th, 2014, 4:08 am

by daisylo, Nov 5th, 2017, 4:46 am

User avatar
tah71
Admin
Admin
Posts: 13987
Joined: Mar 26th, 2004, 7:00 pm

by tah71, Nov 5th, 2017, 6:41 am

Speaking on diversity, I would have loved for, one my favorite actresses, Gabriel Union to co-star with Jen. Have always wanted them to work together.
User avatar
QueenCedar101
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 265
Joined: Oct 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm
Location: United States

by QueenCedar101, Nov 5th, 2017, 9:35 am

daisylo wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:
NB1990 wrote:
nixy1991 wrote:I know... The cast is chock full of white people. :coffee

I know where are the blacks, asians more latinos ?


OMG, why are y’all complaining about the race and ethnicity of the cast members? Why does it matter? A lot of actors in Hollywood are white. It’s sad how people make it like race should matter. Just because someone is non-white, doesn’t mean they’re a great actor. I’m not saying there aren’t any great non-white actors in Hollywood. There are. Lots of them, but I’m just so sick and tired of people always bringing race and ethnicity into everything. If the cast was mostly Black or Hispanic, most of ya’ll wouldn’t even be complaining. It doesn’t matter what race they are. As long as the actors have talent, it shouldn’t be a problem. Stop playing the race card.


It does matter, lack of diversity is a problem in Hollywood and people like Jen who is considered a minority should help with that and she talked about it before how it's important to have a cast of all races because that's how life is and no I wouldn't be complaining if it was mostly a black/hispanic cast because there isn't enough of them in films.


And that’s very hypocritical. By more diverse, you want less white people in films. You call for more “diversity”, yet you only or mostly put Black or Hispanic people in films, which isn’t very diverse at all. It’s the those that complain in all white films, yet stay silent in all black films. That’s what’s very hypocritical about it. I don’t understand SJW’s at all.
User avatar
nicki
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 24
Joined: Sep 21st, 2015, 2:06 pm

by nicki, Nov 5th, 2017, 2:21 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
User avatar
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7248
Joined: Apr 9th, 2014, 4:08 am

by daisylo, Nov 5th, 2017, 3:35 pm

QueenCedar101 wrote:
And that’s very hypocritical. By more diverse, you want less white people in films. You call for more “diversity”, yet you only or mostly put Black or Hispanic people in films, which isn’t very diverse at all. It’s the those that complain in all white films, yet stay silent in all black films. That’s what’s very hypocritical about it. I don’t understand SJW’s at all.


Image
User avatar
JFan
Intermediate Jenology
Posts: 737
Joined: Feb 21st, 2014, 9:18 am

by JFan, Nov 5th, 2017, 3:38 pm

daisylo wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:
And that’s very hypocritical. By more diverse, you want less white people in films. You call for more “diversity”, yet you only or mostly put Black or Hispanic people in films, which isn’t very diverse at all. It’s the those that complain in all white films, yet stay silent in all black films. That’s what’s very hypocritical about it. I don’t understand SJW’s at all.


Image

+1. No use engaging with this person.
User avatar
nixy1991
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 20327
Joined: Oct 13th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by nixy1991, Nov 5th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Yeah, let me not.

Image
User avatar
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 12440
Joined: Oct 13th, 2008, 7:00 pm

by Luka711, Nov 5th, 2017, 5:11 pm

User avatar
QueenCedar101
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 265
Joined: Oct 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm
Location: United States

by QueenCedar101, Nov 5th, 2017, 5:45 pm

JFan wrote:
daisylo wrote:
QueenCedar101 wrote:
And that’s very hypocritical. By more diverse, you want less white people in films. You call for more “diversity”, yet you only or mostly put Black or Hispanic people in films, which isn’t very diverse at all. It’s the those that complain in all white films, yet stay silent in all black films. That’s what’s very hypocritical about it. I don’t understand SJW’s at all.


Image

+1. No use engaging with this person.


And the liberals are mad at me. Of course. “Not racist”. Yet blames white people and white actors for lack of diversity. But that’s none of my business Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
JenRox
Admin
Admin
Posts: 52327
Joined: Mar 16th, 2003, 7:00 pm
Location: USA

by JenRox, Nov 5th, 2017, 7:20 pm

:jenuhhuh

Anyway, I wonder if it's because of the nature of the movie industry because Nuyorican has done very well with diversity on all the TV projects I can think of - Shades, The Fosters, and World of Dance.
User avatar
nixy1991
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 20327
Joined: Oct 13th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by nixy1991, Nov 6th, 2017, 1:40 am

They should release this movie the week of or after Bye Bye Birdie Live and air the trailer during commercial breaks.

Coming for that #1 $30M opening.

Image
User avatar
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7248
Joined: Apr 9th, 2014, 4:08 am

by daisylo, Nov 6th, 2017, 1:50 am

^ seem like they want to release it in November like Bad Moms Christmas this year, if it really suck they'll probably drop it in January 2019, so hopefully it's decent enough.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kira and 16 guests