Intro to Jenology

Nov 06, 2017#676

JenRox wrote::jenuhhuh

Anyway, I wonder if it's because of the nature of the movie industry because Nuyorican has done very well with diversity on all the TV projects I can think of - Shades, The Fosters, and World of Dance.
    Isn't the premise of the movie that diversity comes in and shows white corporate business structure how it is done? So they are casting a lot of white actors for that part of the movie. They probably want there to be a clear distinction between Jennifer's character and everyone else in that corporate world.

23K5,924
    Doctor of Jenology
    23K5,924

Nov 06, 2017#677

daisylo wrote:^ seem like they want to release it in November like Bad Moms Christmas this year, if it really suck they'll probably drop it in January 2019, so hopefully it's decent enough.
      The release date for Bad Moms Christmas seems crazy early for a christmas themed movie. Elaine said Thanksgiving so let's hope they stick to that. She does not need another movie opening in January.

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Nov 06, 2017#678

yup let's hope they stick to November and STX seem to be promoting their movies pretty well

46K3,606
        Admin
        46K3,606

Nov 06, 2017#679

jfan9030 wrote:
          JenRox wrote::jenuhhuh

Anyway, I wonder if it's because of the nature of the movie industry because Nuyorican has done very well with diversity on all the TV projects I can think of - Shades, The Fosters, and World of Dance.
          Isn't the premise of the movie that diversity comes in and shows white corporate business structure how it is done? So they are casting a lot of white actors for that part of the movie. They probably want there to be a clear distinction between Jennifer's character and everyone else in that corporate world.
          I think it's about everyone having a chance to reinvent themselves.

Contributor

Nov 06, 2017#680

Treat Williams, Larry Miller Join Cast Of STXfilms’ Romantic Comedy ‘Second Act’

Treat Williams and Larry Miller have joined the cast of STXfilms’ romantic comedy Second Act starring Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini. They also join Vanessa Hudgens and Masters of Sex actress Annaleigh Ashford in the film that will be directed by Peter Segal.

Related'A Bad Moms Christmas' Purses $2.6M Opening Day - AM Update
            The project was put together by STX and Lopez based on an idea by Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas and Justin Zackham, both of whom drafted the screenplay. Williams will play the role of Anderson Clarke, the owner of a successful consumer goods company, Miller will be playing “Weiskopf.”

Second Act is said to be in the vein of Maid in Manhattan, which also starred Lopez, and the comedy classic Working Girl. When a big-box store employee, played by Lopez, reinvents her life and her lifestyle, she gets the chance to prove to Madison Avenue that street smarts are as valuable as a college degree, and that it is never too late for a second act.

Others in the case are Milo Ventimiglia, Dan Bucatinsky, and Freddie Stroma. Producing is Goldsmith-Thomas, Lopez, Zackham and Benny Medina.

Williams, whose credits include HBO’s Confirmation, NBC’s Chicago Fire, 127 Hours, What Happens in Vegas and the Dorset Theatre’s revival of American Buffalo, is repped by APA.

Miller’s credits include 10 Things I Hate About You, Best in Show, Seinfeld, and Pretty Women. He is repped by Innovative Artists and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/treat-willi ... 202201110/

14K2,609
            Admin
            14K2,609

Nov 07, 2017#681

Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini will shoot scenes for new movie at Donovan’s Pub in Woodside

A film starring some of the biggest names in Hollywood including Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini will shoot scenes at Donovan’s Pub in Woodside on Nov. 7.

According to Dan Connor, co-owner of Donovan’s Pub, the movie “Second Act” will begin filming at 57-24 Roosevelt Ave. starting at 6 a.m. The movie follows a big box store worker who “reinvents her life and her life story and shows Madison Avenue what street smarts can do,” according to IMDb.

Connor, who along with bartender Jimmy Jacobson purchased Donovan’s Pub in 2013, said the location scouts for the movie approached him two and a half months ago for permission to film there. They visited 10 to 12 pubs in Queens — the film is based in Queens — and chose Donovan’s Pub to dissect their notes and photos from their search.

“They took pictures and took notes about the different places and then they were going to sit down and go over their notes,” he said. “They went to Donovan’s to eat [and make a choice] and they realized that’s the place they wanted to shoot.”

The shoot will begin at 6 a.m. and end around 1 a.m. the next day, Connor said. Most of the pub’s televisions and furniture will be cleared out and the film crew will hang up Christmas decorations for the scene.

“They’re fully decorating for Christmas which I might tell them to leave up,” Connor joked.

Scenes from several movies have been shot at Donovan’s Pub including “Bread and Games” featuring Luis Guzman.

“Second Act” is scheduled for a 2018 release and also stars Vanessa Hudgens, Milo Ventimiglia, Freddie Stroma, Treat Williams and Larry Miller.

Connor said the pub has a history of supporting the arts and holds music shows every Friday and comedy shows where up-and-coming comedians try out new material.

“We’re happy about it,” he said. “We’ve had other people film at our place before but nothing as big as this. Donovan’s is excited to be a part of it.”

J-Lo was seen this past weekend filming scenes in Woodhaven:
              http://qns.com/story/2017/11/06/jennife ... -woodside/

14K6,346
              Contributor
              14K6,346

Nov 07, 2017#682

He looks good but I don't know about the Tom Selleck mustache lol a full beard would have been better, I just hope his role has a completely different personality than his This is us character because that's all I see here since they have the same look.

Intro to Jenology

Nov 08, 2017#683

I have a student whose friend goes to Fordham, and she showed me this friend’s snapchat story and I guess Jennifer was at Fordham, on one of the campus’ baseball fields, filming a scene!

13K1,207
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  13K1,207

Nov 08, 2017#684

Is that movie logo? Is that brain leaking? Or a tree?

23K5,924
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    23K5,924

Nov 08, 2017#685

kateflo wrote:Is that movie logo? Is that brain leaking? Or a tree?

IDK, a clover maybe?

46K3,606
                      Admin
                      46K3,606

Nov 08, 2017#686

A lily pad?
                        mono411 wrote:I have a student whose friend goes to Fordham, and she showed me this friend’s snapchat story and I guess Jennifer was at Fordham, on one of the campus’ baseball fields, filming a scene!
                        Yeah, here's a clip of her leaving:

Intro to Jenology

Nov 08, 2017#687

Jennifer Lopez | Instagram LIVE | November 7, 2017 | with Milo Ventimiglia , Leah Remini

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 09, 2017#688

nixy1991 wrote:

IDK, a clover maybe?
                            Is that literally the Sceond Act logo? I thought it would be completely different and I don’t even know how that fits, but okay then.

14K6,346
                            Contributor
                            14K6,346

Nov 09, 2017#689

Lmao someone on Elaine’s Instagram live asked her « Why is everyone in this movie white » she repeated it as « Why is everyone wearing white » and kept asking that question to everyone ( even tho barely 3 people were in white) :coffee

Master of Jenology

Nov 09, 2017#690

daisylo wrote:Lmao someone on Elaine’s Instagram live asked her « Why is everyone in this movie white » she repeated it as « Why is everyone wearing white » and kept asking that question to everyone ( even tho barely 3 people were in white) :coffee

I️ think they meant white people

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 09, 2017#691

4leaf clover? So her big break is not from hard work but luck in the film.

13K1,207
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  13K1,207

Nov 10, 2017#692

Is that mary thing is back? Or they are filming Griselda movie? Why is her nose so white? :omg

14K6,346
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,346

Nov 14, 2017#693

The casting director of the movie as an awfull track record it's almost hilarious all the comedies he casted have been panned by the critics they're all in the red on metactric he either bring bad luck or his casting ruins the movies lol

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0615853/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr9

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 14, 2017#694

kateflo wrote:Is that mary thing is back? Or they are filming Griselda movie? Why is her nose so white? :omg
                                        This makeup is only visible because of the flash!

Contributor

Nov 15, 2017#695

So I guess she did dress like a working girl in NYC

46K3,606
                                          Admin
                                          46K3,606

Nov 15, 2017#696

Imagine that.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#697

so is a made for TV movie?

46K3,606
                                              Admin
                                              46K3,606

Nov 19, 2017#698

RLO wrote:so is a made for TV movie?
                                                No. Elaine said it will probably be released next Thanksgiving.

Did they wrap and I missed it? lol

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#699

nixy1991 wrote:IDK, a clover maybe?
                                                  JenRox wrote:A lily pad?
                                                  It's a Ginko Biloba leaf!

46K3,606
                                                  Admin
                                                  46K3,606

Nov 19, 2017#700

Oh, it totally is. Good job! hahaha

Read more posts (237 remaining)