23K5,924
Doctor of Jenology
23K5,924

Aug 25, 2017#176

Yeah, I can't get excited for this one either. Maybe if they put together a good cast, but I doubt it. :yawn

16K4,305
    Contributor
    16K4,305

Aug 25, 2017#177

juniorsega wrote:I had already forgotten about this soon to be horrid movie. I'd wish jen focus on challenging roles. I want to see her in a sci fi movie, a thriller, drama but nope were getting more same old same ol. So depressing at times.

12K11,435
      Contributor
      12K11,435

Aug 25, 2017#178

mEm wrote:
        juniorsega wrote:I had already forgotten about this soon to be horrid movie. I'd wish jen focus on challenging roles. I want to see her in a sci fi movie, a thriller, drama but nope were getting more same old same ol. So depressing at times.

bahaha so true. It blows my mind that the last movie she made that was great from beginning to end and got her some acclaim was OOS.

46K3,606
        Admin
        46K3,606

Aug 25, 2017#179

But her romantic comedies always did well at the box office. Her highest grossing non-animated movie is MIM and the others are all in the top 10. Hopefully this will do very well, too.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/cha ... ESC&p=.htm

Master of Jenology

Aug 25, 2017#180

JenRox wrote:But her romantic comedies always did well at the box office. Her highest grossing non-animated movie is MIM and the others are all in the top 10. Hopefully this will do very well, too.

No sweet, her romantic comedies USED to do well. Her last two underperformed in the US, specially because this genre is nearly dead. I love her romcoms, but between this and her playing adult Annabelle in a live action, Annabelle has more chances to succeed.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/2/14/1 ... omedy-dead

Intro to Jenology

Aug 25, 2017#181

Yeah, but MIM was released when Jennifer was on top.

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Aug 25, 2017#182

Romantic comedies, like the one Jen and Kate Hudson used to make, are a DEAD genre. They were very profitable during the 90s and 00s, but now they're pretty much nowhere to be found. And for good reason. The formula got stale. Nowadays, movies that have some rom-com elements usually have a twist, too. And even those rarely become critically or commercially successful.

She could be using her production company to option books and scripts that could put her on the top again as an actress, critically AND commercially, but instead she's making YET another generic rom-com with a director who barely even gets work anymore.

But at least she's got Griselda. It's been a while since Jennifer has worked with a genuinely talented writer, so that's really exciting. Hopefully HBO finds a great director and assembles a great cast.

46K3,606
                Admin
                46K3,606

Aug 25, 2017#183

I can't imagine that Jen has time to read like that lol. But she should hire someone that does. :lol But you make it seem so simple, lol. It's not that easy...

14K6,346
                  Contributor
                  14K6,346

Aug 25, 2017#184

JenRox wrote:I can't imagine that Jen has time to read like that lol. But she should hire someone that does. :lol But you make it seem so simple, lol. It's not that easy...
                    She has people working for her at her prod company, that's Ellen's job but they're not good at it apparently or they just have shitty taste.

20K7,826
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    20K7,826

Aug 25, 2017#185

I'm curious about the cast tbh.
                      Would be nice if they could hire someone famous, but probably it's going to be another project where EVERYTHING will depend on her.

Intro to Jenology

Aug 26, 2017#186

I know she loves to work amd grasp every opportunity! But shes already famous and has lots of money. What she needs at this point is all about critical acclaim especially when we are talking about her movies. She doesnt need a quick money. She needs a good material. And if that meant for her to slow it down wait for the right roles and spend a few months at home....better for her. Then she'll be able to concentrate on her music. At this stage shes like just all over the place doing all. She may work hard but you can never give your 100℅ like that.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 26, 2017#187

If Jen wants to leave the industry as an undisputed legend she needs acclaim to her name, it is as simple as that. She's already got the sales and box office from her early career, but still lacks acclaim (excluding a couple of projects ala Selena, Out of Sight and On the 6). Shades of Blue was a good move for her, but this movie I'm not so sure about.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 26, 2017#188

This movie is a waste of time in her busy schedule in my opinion. She should have focused od Bye Bye Birdie instead of delaying it one year. The Griselda movie is a a good choice for her as well, not another pointless rom com.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 26, 2017#189

All the expectations and all that we want for her is not what she cares about obviously. She's getting old and too comfortable with her career the way it is and with Arod in her life she really doesn't care. she will never get a Grammy or an Oscar if she continues in this direction. What a waste of expectations and years on this woman!

Master of Jenology

Aug 26, 2017#190

Sometimes i think JLO is on a bubble...
                                Her actress image was nearly destroyed with TBND...maybe she had some success but everyone was hating the movie and then her too..

Then SOB... We saw a light in the way... And now this ..i can imagine the proffesional reviews and the people dissapoint in every cinema site...

She maybe will lose a big chance here... What serious director want a comedian?

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2017#191

JenRox wrote:But her romantic comedies always did well at the box office. Her highest grossing non-animated movie is MIM and the others are all in the top 10. Hopefully this will do very well, too.

Preach.

Everyone on here wants to act like they are an expert in film, never having made a movie before in their lives.

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2017#192

FlyBoy87 wrote:

Preach.

Everyone on here wants to act like they are an expert in film, never having made a movie before in their lives.
                                    The thing is shes not new in the business. She doesnt need money nor the exposure. Shw needs good material. Thats what they are saying....quality work

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2017#193

Dancej wrote:
                                      FlyBoy87 wrote:

Preach.

The thing is shes not new in the business. She doesnt need money nor the exposure. Shw needs good material. Thats what they are saying....quality work
                                      Everyone has their interpretation of quality work. She has said many times that she loves doing romantic comedies. Like I said and I'll keep saying when any of you have sold millions of records and sold a billion box office tickets, are worth 300-400 million dollars, and have your own branding empire then speak to me. Because from where I'm standing JLo seems to know exactly what she is doing. She doesn't really need the advice from any one of us.

i don't know what happened to this forum, it's very sad.

P.S. I'm laughing at that comment about JLo not being relevant anymore. Yeah I guess having two of the highest rated shows on television and the #1 Vegas Show makes you irrelevant.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2017#194

FlyBoy87 wrote:P.S. I'm laughing at that comment about JLo not being relevant anymore. Yeah I guess having two of the highest rated shows on television and the #1 Vegas Show makes you irrelevant.
                                        +1000000

13K1,207
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        13K1,207

Aug 27, 2017#195

chrisjlover wrote:
                                          FlyBoy87 wrote:P.S. I'm laughing at that comment about JLo not being relevant anymore. Yeah I guess having two of the highest rated shows on television and the #1 Vegas Show makes you irrelevant.
                                          +1000000
                                          Well, actually she's not relevant INTERNATIONAL music icon she used to be.
                                          SOB, WOD & AIH - these three are only for USA.
                                          98% of Russian fanclub of hers are not interested in those. People are begging for her music hits like OTF.

Maybe she IS relevant but not worldwide.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 27, 2017#196

kateflo wrote:
                                            chrisjlover wrote:
                                            +1000000
                                            Well, actually she's not relevant INTERNATIONAL music icon she used to be.
                                            SOB, WOD & AIH - these three are only for USA.
                                            98% of Russian fanclub of hers are not interested in those. People are begging for her music hits like OTF.

Maybe she IS relevant but not worldwide.
                                            That is interesting to hear. She is focusing on local projects at the moment with World of Dance. Shades, AIH and even BBB. She needs a big movie that gets released internationally. Again Lila and Eve was a disappointment for International Jlovers. Not even the Boy Next Door came out here in Australia which was annoying. There is alot more success for her out of the US if only she was interested. I do like shades, but it doesn't even play on a commercial network here.

46K3,606
                                            Admin
                                            46K3,606

Aug 27, 2017#197

FlyBoy87 wrote:
                                              Dancej wrote:
                                              FlyBoy87 wrote:

Preach.

Everyone has their interpretation of quality work. She has said many times that she loves doing romantic comedies. Like I said and I'll keep saying when any of you have sold millions of records and sold a billion box office tickets, are worth 300-400 million dollars, and have your own branding empire then speak to me. Because from where I'm standing JLo seems to know exactly what she is doing. She doesn't really need the advice from any one of us.

i don't know what happened to this forum, it's very sad.

P.S. I'm laughing at that comment about JLo not being relevant anymore. Yeah I guess having two of the highest rated shows on television and the #1 Vegas Show makes you irrelevant.
                                              Yes, and she spends 4 or 5 months a year working on Shades, which she has repeatedly said is heavy and something she carries. Let her have some fun on set and enjoy herself.

20K7,826
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              20K7,826

Aug 27, 2017#198

They added some names involved in a movie om imdb pro, but I dont have access.
                                                Probably not sth important tho lol
                                                I only see - casting director - Roger Mussenden
                                                production designer - Richard Hoover

14K6,346
                                                Contributor
                                                14K6,346

Aug 27, 2017#199

Luka711 wrote:They added some names involved in a movie om imdb pro, but I dont have access.
                                                  Probably not sth important tho lol
                                                  I only see - casting director - Roger Mussenden
                                                  production designer - Richard Hoover
                                                  Patricia Field is the Costume designer she did all the Sex and the city outfits

20K7,826
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  20K7,826

Aug 27, 2017#200

^Thx, I just found it's available not only on imdb pro lol
                                                    I'm curious about Jen's look in the movie !

Read more posts (737 remaining)