Doctor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2018#901

Yay a movie this year! :cheer
    Boo yet another Rom com! :argh

and no other film for the near future wth.
    Jen get your shit together i feel like I've seen so many movies with roles for someone like jen and by that I mean "older" female roles since I always hear that it's hard for women in her age range to get good roles.

But Horror, supernatural, sci fi, psychological thriller, drama, etc..

I would love Jen to do at least one period film that takes place hundreds of years back. Not really a box office draw type movie but good to show versatility in filmography. O:)

23K5,923
    Doctor of Jenology
    23K5,923

Feb 21, 2018#902

People expecting a rom-com similar to TWP or TBUP will be surprised. lol This looks more like a dramedy than a romantic comedy.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2018#903

I’m looking forward to this movie, especially with a Thanksgiving release. That tells me STX really believes in this film. Because that is a coveted time to release a movie.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2018#904

nixy1991 wrote:People expecting a rom-com similar to TWP or TBUP will be surprised. lol This looks more like a dramedy than a romantic comedy.
          Yes,its more like a dramedy ,but maybe a little funny.

14K6,334
          Contributor
          14K6,334

Feb 21, 2018#905

nixy1991 wrote:People expecting a rom-com similar to TWP or TBUP will be surprised. lol This looks more like a dramedy than a romantic comedy.
            And they shouldn’t market it like it’s a romcom even if the general public like to see Jen in them, we know what happened with Angel eyes when the promo/trailer made it looks like some supernatural movie, not that a dramedy is that different than a romcom, the movie is just to focused on her love story.

12K11,300
            Contributor
            12K11,300

Feb 21, 2018#906

Hmm interesting time they choose to release the film...competition is always insane that weekend and its reserved for big movies. They must really believe in it, I just hope it doesn't flop hard and go unnoticed.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2018#907

I can’t wait for Promo. I really hope they promote this film WW and actually release it everywhere. TBND got no release in Australia and we are a big market.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2018#908

Idk I wish nothing but the best for this movie but wreck it Ralph 2 will probably outdo second act

Feb 22, 2018#909

But I am super excited! First movie theather release since TBND in 2015

Intro to Jenology

Feb 26, 2018#910

Hope she doesnt end up like Elvis did , doing films just for the $$$ and screw creativity , that would be a big shame :(

Sometimes as an actor you have to take what youre offered though , its a tough biz

14K6,334
                      Contributor
                      14K6,334

Feb 27, 2018#911

They added another big movie for November 21st, now that's too much but at least they're all different, an adventure movie, a drama, a cartoon and a comedy.
                        “Robin Hood” is opening against four other wide releases on the pre-Thanksgiving weekend — MGM’s “Creed 2,” Disney’s “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2,” STX’s Jennifer Lopez comedy “Second Act,” and Universal’s untitled Robert Zemeckis project. “Robin Hood” was originally set to open on March 18 of this year.
                        http://variety.com/2018/film/news/taron ... 202711045/
                        RLO wrote:But I am super excited! First movie theather release since TBND in 2015
                        that suck she should have one a year even if it's with small roles :coffee

16K4,277
                        Contributor
                        16K4,277

Feb 27, 2018#912

daisylo wrote:They added another big movie for November 21st, now that's too much but at least they're all different, an adventure movie, a drama, a cartoon and a comedy.
                          “Robin Hood” is opening against four other wide releases on the pre-Thanksgiving weekend — MGM’s “Creed 2,” Disney’s “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2,” STX’s Jennifer Lopez comedy “Second Act,” and Universal’s untitled Robert Zemeckis project. “Robin Hood” was originally set to open on March 18 of this year.
                          http://variety.com/2018/film/news/taron ... 202711045/
                          RLO wrote:But I am super excited! First movie theather release since TBND in 2015
                          that suck she should one a year even if it's with small roles :coffee
                          2015 - The Boy Next Door
                          2018 - Second Act
                          2019 or 2020 - Mothers I'd Like To :bad:

14K6,334
                          Contributor
                          14K6,334

Feb 27, 2018#913

mEm wrote:
                            2015 - The Boy Next Door
                            2018 - Second Act
                            2019 or 2020 - Mothers I'd Like To :bad:
                            yeah if she keeps making one every 3 years it should at least be with good directors for a chance to be good with her acting talent her film career is sad she deserve better material, not easy for a latina but she should have done better those last 20 years.

23K5,923
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            23K5,923

Feb 27, 2018#914

Did the world really need another Robin Hood movie?

20K7,749
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              20K7,749

Feb 27, 2018#915

Robin Hood ?? Mess Lol

Hope Second Act will become Xmas classic lol

Master of Jenology

Feb 27, 2018#916

Luka711 wrote:Robin Hood ?? Mess Lol

Hope Second Act will become Xmas classic lol
                                  I hope its a Christmas classic too lol most of her romance comedies are classics... :)

Feb 28, 2018#917

Wreck it Ralph trailer was just released for the Nov 21st Premier .... wonder when we will get Second Act trailer or teaser.

14K6,334
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,334

Feb 28, 2018#918

rainman wrote:Wreck it Ralph trailer was just released for the Nov 21st Premier .... wonder when we will get Second Act trailer or teaser.
                                      Probably around July/August, Animated movies are always teased a long time before the release sometimes even a year.
                                      STX who is distributing the film released the trailer for the Edge of seventeen in July and it was released in November, Molly's game in August and it was released in December (but the original date was November).

23K5,923
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      23K5,923

Feb 28, 2018#919

daisylo wrote:Probably around July/August, Animated movies are always teased a long time before the release sometimes even a year.
                                        STX who is distributing the film released the trailer for the Edge of seventeen in July and it was released in November, Molly's game in August and it was released in December (but the original date was November).
                                        STX is a really young company, but I love how they seem to be focusing on all these great women-centric movies so far. If Second Act turns out half as good as either of those, I'll be happy AF.

14K6,334
                                        Contributor
                                        14K6,334

Feb 28, 2018#920

nixy1991 wrote: STX is a really young company, but I love how they seem to be focusing on all these great women-centric movies so far. If Second Act turns out half as good as either of those, I'll be happy AF.
                                          They have a good track record so far but Justin Zackham is the worst so I'm not really hopeful.

I found the official synopsis on the Belgium distributor page.
                                          Maya Davilla is a smart, blue-collar woman who has diligently worked her way up the ladder at her local superstore, only to be denied a managerial position for her lack of a college degree. After a case of mistaken identity, Maya impresses the CEO of one of the biggest retail corporations in NYC and lands a job at his company. Faced with this unbelievable opportunity to have the career and lifestyle she always dreamed of, Maya must prove to herself and those around her that street smarts can be just as valuable as a college degree – and that no matter where you come from or what past choices you have made, it is never too late for a Second Act.

and the UK release date is November 30 (imdb)

23K5,923
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          23K5,923

Feb 28, 2018#921

daisylo wrote:
                                            nixy1991 wrote: STX is a really young company, but I love how they seem to be focusing on all these great women-centric movies so far. If Second Act turns out half as good as either of those, I'll be happy AF.
                                            They have a good track record so far but Justin Zackham is the worst so I'm not really hopeful.

I found the official synopsis on the Belgium distributor page.
                                            Maya Davilla is a smart, blue-collar woman who has diligently worked her way up the ladder at her local superstore, only to be denied a managerial position for her lack of a college degree. After a case of mistaken identity, Maya impresses the CEO of one of the biggest retail corporations in NYC and lands a job at his company. Faced with this unbelievable opportunity to have the career and lifestyle she always dreamed of, Maya must prove to herself and those around her that street smarts can be just as valuable as a college degree – and that no matter where you come from or what past choices you have made, it is never too late for a Second Act.
                                            This sounds...
                                            unbelievable
                                            Interesting choice of words.

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

16K4,277
                                            Contributor
                                            16K4,277

Feb 28, 2018#922

At least The Back Up Plan was kinda interesting/funny to watch. But this...

Elaine is murdering Jen's movie career, just like she finished Halle Berry's carreer. At least she had won an Oscar before.
                                              After this movie, and Mother's I'd Like To :bad: movie, it'll be EVEN HARDER for her to find a good role in a good movie imo.
                                              Almost 25 years into movie career, filmed movies like Selena / Out Of Sight in the beginning of her career and now she's doing these movies, back to back. And her last movie was The Boy Next Door, which was released in 2015.
                                              I CANT.

All her project are keep delaying, but it seems like they'll stick with current dates, a date that she doesn't have a chance to hit top 3 on boxoffice.

14K6,334
                                              Contributor
                                              14K6,334

Feb 28, 2018#923

I don't even mind the synopsis with a good script and director you can make any stories great but that's not what we're getting with the people involved.

Also no The Back Up Plan is one of her worst movie.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 28, 2018#924

mEm wrote:
                                                  At least The Back Up Plan was kinda interesting/funny to watch. But this...

Elaine is murdering Jen's movie career, just like she finished Halle Berry's carreer. At least she had won an Oscar before.
                                                  After this movie, and Mother's I'd Like To :bad: movie, it'll be EVEN HARDER for her to find a good role in a good movie imo.
                                                  Almost 25 years into movie career, filmed movies like Selena / Out Of Sight in the beginning of her career and now she's doing these movies, back to back. And her last movie was The Boy Next Door, which was released in 2015.
                                                  I CANT.

All her project are keep delaying, but it seems like they'll stick with current dates, a date that she doesn't have a chance to hit top 3 on boxoffice.
                                                  Nah. TBUP is probably her worst movie to date. This on the other hand, may not be great, but still better than TBUP.

23K5,923
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  23K5,923

Feb 28, 2018#925

QueenCedar101 wrote:Nah. TBUP is probably her worst movie to date. This on the other hand, may not be great, but still better than TBUP.
                                                    Very few things are worse than TBUP.

Read more posts (12 remaining)