Master of Jenology

Jun 21, 2017#51

Really? This is the next movie? What a disappointing storyline! Hopefully she films the Griselda movie first!

Contributor

Jun 21, 2017#52

Why can't Jen choose her team selectively? :(

EDIT: I mean not as friends, but as legitimate colleagues.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2017#53

We need to hear full storyline and say something about that,maybe the story has something new.Also we neef to know the writer and director.

23K5,924
        Doctor of Jenology
        23K5,924

Jun 21, 2017#54

So it's a feel-good movie. I love Working Girl, but that movie wouldn't be half as good if Mike Nichols didn't direct it. The script needs to be good, but they need to find a director who can give it some edge because that storyline sounds very vanilla to me.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2017#55

Love_JLO wrote:
            Elaine is so nice,she liked and retweeted most of my twitters since first time I asked about new movie.
            Maybe in this movie Costco Jenny will go at World of Dance and meet famous Jenny and that will create a black hole so they will go in space and the movie will be a blockbuster :ROFL:

14K6,391
            Contributor
            14K6,391

Jun 21, 2017#56

nixy1991 wrote:So it's a feel-good movie. I love Working Girl, but that movie wouldn't be half as good if Mike Nichols didn't direct it. The script needs to be good, but they need to find a director who can give it some edge because that storyline sounds very vanilla to me.
              I would have preferred something like Nicole Kidman character in To Die For than a feel good movie but we'll see, she's playing a dark character in Shades and she has Griselda so I get that she wants something lighter but it still have to be with a great crew and her prod company isn't good with that.

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Jun 21, 2017#57

Let's hope for the best.

Looks like they'll be filming it around October.

20K7,956
                Doctor of Jenology
                20K7,956

Jun 21, 2017#58

Can't wait for meltdowns when they announce the director lol

jk ... I hope for the best !

14K6,391
                  Contributor
                  14K6,391

Jun 21, 2017#59

Luka711 wrote:
                    Can't wait for meltdowns when they announce the director lol

jk ... I hope for the best !
                    and the cast I'm curious to know who they got, I'm assuming that they've already been cast, let's hope it's not some random Tv actors or C list movie actors because they're cheaper to get. :coffee

23K5,924
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    23K5,924

Jun 21, 2017#60

I hope they get a good female director to tell this story. Someone like Marielle Heller (Diary of a Teenage Girl) or Sam Taylor-Johnson (she's actually a really good director, I forgive her for Fifty Shades of Grey) would be great.

Or maybe Nicole Holofcener. Think she'd be a great fit for a movie like this. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0392237/

They all write and direct their stuff, so it's probably a stretch. lol I guess we'll have to see who wrote this first.

14K6,391
                      Contributor
                      14K6,391

Jun 21, 2017#61

nixy1991 wrote:I hope they get a good female director to tell this story. Someone like Marielle Heller (Diary of a Teenage Girl) or Sam Taylor-Johnson (she's actually a really good director, I forgive her for Fifty Shades of Grey) would be great.
                        I'd like that too, surprising that she still hasn't done a film by a female director, Nicole Holofcener would be my choice, not as great but Leslye Headland could be a good choice too.

edit: same idea for Holofcener lol we should be Jen's films agents O:)

23K5,924
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        23K5,924

Jun 21, 2017#62

We should. lol

14K6,391
                          Contributor
                          14K6,391

Jun 21, 2017#63

So if it wasn't Elaine's old "Second act" project (which is a weird coincidence) would be great if it was the Alexander Payne one, we can always dream.

23K5,924
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            23K5,924

Jun 21, 2017#64

daisylo wrote:So if it wasn't Elaine's other "Second act" project (which is a weird coincidence) would be great if it was the Alexander Payne one, we can always dream.
                              Is that this one? http://deadline.com/2012/03/mike-jones- ... ht-251346/

That'd be amazing. If not, that will mean there is 3 completely different movies with the same title. lol

14K6,391
                              Contributor
                              14K6,391

Jun 21, 2017#65

^ yeah it's that project, would such a great career move for her to work with someone like Payne

It also could be Elaine's "second act" original idea and they changed the story along the way, because it's weird that they both have the same title and are both about work.

23K5,924
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                23K5,924

Jun 21, 2017#66

Yeah, I feel like that's more realistic. lol

They should announce it soon if it's filming in October.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2017#67

I don't think they both do one movie,Alexander Payne's project have been set up so long.

14K6,391
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,391

Jun 21, 2017#68

Most movies are in development for years before going into production but yeah it's unfortunately probably just Elaine's project and they did some changes.

Yup if they shoot in 4 months we will have some infos pretty soon.

12K11,649
                                      Contributor
                                      12K11,649

Jun 21, 2017#69

This place... love the meltdowns already. I'm excited to have her back on the big screen and I'll wait for more details before I start bitching and complaining.

Just wish she took sometime to properly promote her new album and tour Latin America and Europe a bit...hopefully she plans on doing something overseas

Master of Jenology

Jun 21, 2017#70

I wish she stop playing it safe with her roles... i would love to see her do something out of character... she should have played Cruella de Vil. She needs a villian role... i hope thats next for her roles.

46K3,683
                                          Admin
                                          46K3,683

Jun 21, 2017#71

Would Elaine really tweet the movie's logline before an announcement? I'm confused, LOL.

Love_JLO wrote:
                                            Love_JLO wrote:
                                            Elaine is so nice,she liked and retweeted most of my twitters since first time I asked about new movie.
                                            Interesting because I tweeted this and asked she we need good writer and director this time AT ONCE,but she never liked and retweeted my that twitter. :oops:
                                            It surprises you that she didn't respond?

I would be pretty annoyed if a stranger sent me that tweet, LOL.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2017#72

rainman wrote:I wish she stop playing it safe with her roles... i would love to see her do something out of character... she should have played Cruella de Vil. She needs a villian role... i hope thats next for her roles.
                                              Emme Stone already got that Cruella role but I dont remember what time they will film the movie.

14K6,391
                                              Contributor
                                              14K6,391

Jun 21, 2017#73

LMAO you went there with the twitt.

Master of Jenology

Jun 21, 2017#74

Love_JLO wrote:
                                                  rainman wrote:I wish she stop playing it safe with her roles... i would love to see her do something out of character... she should have played Cruella de Vil. She needs a villian role... i hope thats next for her roles.
                                                  Emme Stone already got that Cruella role but I dont remember what time they will film the movie.
                                                  Yeah i know Emma Stone already has that role.. but it would have been gr8 to see her in that role.... even as Wonder Woman aunt, she is 51 and still kicks asss!!!

14K6,391
                                                  Contributor
                                                  14K6,391

Jun 21, 2017#75

rainman wrote:
                                                    Yeah i know Emma Stone already has that role.. but it would have been gr8 to see her in that role.... even as Wonder Woman aunt, she is 51 and still kicks asss!!!
                                                    I tho about that after watching the movie in a super hero movie that's probably the type of role she could get.

Also you want her to play a villain, there is hardly more villainous than Griselda Blanco.

Read more posts (862 remaining)