46K3,606
Admin
46K3,606

Oct 10, 2017#301

That should be a lot of fun. :D

Intermediate Jenology

Oct 10, 2017#302

Fun! The movie is going to be tragic, but this is an interesting development.

Oct 10, 2017#303

DominicanPapiBlaze wrote:Best Friend in Real Like Playing Best Friend in a Movie!

http://deadline.com/2017/10/leah-remini ... 202185717/

Chelsea Lauren/REX/Shutterstock

Leah Remini, another strong woman who won an Emmy for her A&E series Scientology and the Aftermath, has joined the cast of the upcoming romantic comedy starring Jennifer Lopez, Second Act which Peter Segal will direct. The film was developed by STX with Lopez from an idea conceived by Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas and Justin Zackham.

In the vein of Maid In Manhattan, which also starred Lopez, and the comedy classic Working Girl the film follows a Big Box store employee (Lopez) who reinvents her life and her lifestyle. When she gets the chance to prove to Madison Avenue that street smarts are as valuable as a college degree, she realizes that it is never too late for a Second Act. Remini will play the role of Joan, Lopez’s best friend and fellow Big Box employee from Queens.

Written by Justin Zackham (The Bucket List, the FX Series Lights Out) and Goldsmith-Thomas, the project will be produced by Goldsmith-Thomas, Lopez, Zackham and Benny Medina.

Remini is not only an Emmy winner but also a New York Times Best-Selling author and executive producer currently starring on the CBS sitcom, Kevin Can Wait. Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath is currently in its second season. Remini is repped by APA and Art2Perform.

Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy
        Yikes at Elaine writing. She can't even compose a coherent tweet. :(

Master of Jenology

Oct 10, 2017#304

Cool they had great chemistry in GR video

14K2,614
          Doctor of Jenology
          14K2,614

Oct 10, 2017#305

so they star filming on October 23th !! 2 weeks !!!
            No more time for promoting the upcoming álbum!!

I told you, my maternal instincts never lie!!! They shelved the álbum till 2018

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 10, 2017#306

rafaelsalguero wrote:so they star filming on October 23th !! 2 weeks !!!
              No more time for promoting the upcoming álbum!!

I told you, my maternal instincts never lie!!! They shelved the álbum till 2018
              Oh shit ! But why she is doing this to us

Intro to Jenology

Oct 10, 2017#307

Sweet! It'll be fun to see them together, and in a rom-com at that. I've never seen Leah act, is sheany good?
                Let's hope the leading man is someone cool as well now.

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 10, 2017#308

Leah joining makes me more excited for this movie. I also think it will bring the film more publicity. People like Wendy will proabably discuss it in Hot Topics.

14K2,609
                  Admin
                  14K2,609

Oct 10, 2017#309

Love it! The promo should be fun!!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 11, 2017#310

TonyRockstar wrote:Sweet! It'll be fun to see them together, and in a rom-com at that. I've never seen Leah act, is sheany good?
                      shes good at sitcoms like king of queens

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 11, 2017#311

RLO wrote:
                        TonyRockstar wrote:Sweet! It'll be fun to see them together, and in a rom-com at that. I've never seen Leah act, is sheany good?
                        King of Queens is an awesome show, she was great on it. To my knowledge that was her biggest role to date. Since then she has done a lot of side projects/ reality shows like The Talk, Leah Remini: It's all relative etc, but not too much acting. I have no doubt she'll be great anyway.

Master of Jenology

Oct 11, 2017#312

hmmm interesting ive never seen her in a movie role... more sitcoms kinda person. ... hope fo the best. Can wait for me cast announcments

23K5,924
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          23K5,924

Oct 11, 2017#313

JFan wrote:Yikes at Elaine writing. She can't even compose a coherent tweet. :(
                            I was hoping she'd just get the story credit, but it looks like she's actually writing it.

Intro to Jenology

Oct 14, 2017#314

Her family and friends manage her music AND movie career. I can't with her. I bet she asked Leah to be in it just for fun...

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 14, 2017#315

Yeah. I don’t want a rom-com. It sounds like it could be “The Back-Up Plan” 2.0, but that movie was not good. Maybe a “so bad, it’s memorable” kind a movie, but it wasn’t great, and I personally don’t like Leah much at all.

Intro to Jenology

Oct 14, 2017#316

Lacroix wrote:Her family and friends manage her music AND movie career. I can't with her. I bet she asked Leah to be in it just for fun...
                                  Lmao ! Good one cutie

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 15, 2017#317

Dan#jlofan wrote:
                                    RLO wrote:
                                    King of Queens is an awesome show, she was great on it. To my knowledge that was her biggest role to date. Since then she has done a lot of side projects/ reality shows like The Talk, Leah Remini: It's all relative etc, but not too much acting. I have no doubt she'll be great anyway.
                                    The only movie I saw her in is Glory Daze ..And she had a bit part.as a girlfriend ;P .Well it 's a romcom so it should familiar.
                                    I like to see Jennifer co -star with another hispanic actor.

Oct 15, 2017#318

found this could be for Second Act

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 16, 2017#319

jenNY88 wrote:found this could be for Second Act

Anyone zoom here to read the script :ROFL:

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 17, 2017#320

Intro to Jenology

Oct 17, 2017#321

Jen just posted to Instagram that Vanessa Hudgens will also be in the film.

Master of Jenology

Oct 17, 2017#322

Vanessa Hudgens joins cast.... ive never liked her as an actress but... gr8 to see shes working with other actresses. Getting a bit exciting. I wonder if they are mother and daughter hmmmm

14K6,346
                                              Contributor
                                              14K6,346

Oct 17, 2017#323

the project is still Meh but I love Vanessa and Jen rarely works with famous or semi-famous female actress .

Master of Jenology

Oct 17, 2017#324

STX Entertainment is a new company that made box office smashes Bad Moms and the The Foreigner. Hopefully this will be another hit for them.

14K6,346
                                                  Contributor
                                                  14K6,346

Oct 17, 2017#325

Vanessa Hudgens will join Jennifer Lopez in her romantic comedy Second Act.

The STXfilms feature follows a big-box store employee (Lopez) who, after reinventing herself, gets the chance to prove to Madison Avenue that street smarts are as valuable as a college degree. Hudgens will play “Zoe,” a young executive at a consumer goods company.

Lean Remini will also star in the feature, which will be directed by Peter Segal (50 First Dates). The script was written by Justin Zackham (The Bucket List) and Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, and the project was developed specifically for Lopez.

Goldsmith-Thomas, Zackham and Lopez will produce, along with Benny Medina.

Hudgens was last seen in the in the NBC series Powerless, and is set for the Ken Marino comedy Dog Days.

She is repped by CAA and Untitled.
                                                    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/v ... ct-1049719

Read more posts (612 remaining)