01-If You Had My Love [Produced by Rodney Jerkins]
    02-Should've Never [Produced by Poke and Tone & Dan Shea]
    03-Too Late [Produced by Alvin West]
    04-Feelin' So Good [Produced by Sean "Puffy" Combs]
    05-Let's Get Loud [Produced by Emilio Estefan]
    06-Could This Be Love [Produced by Emilio Estefan & Lawrence P. Dermer]
    07-No Me Ames (Tropical Remix) [Produced by Emilio Estefan & Dan Shea]
    08-Waiting For Tonight [Produced by Ric Wake]
    09-Open Off My Love [Produced by Darrell "Digga" Branch & Lance "Un" Rivera]
    10-Promise Me You'll Try [Produced by Ric Wake]
    11-It's Not That Serious [Produced by Rodney Jerkins]
    12-Talk About Us [Produced by Dan Shea & Cory Rooney]
    13-No Me Ames [Produced by Dan Shea]
    14-Una Noche Mas (Waiting For Tonight) [Produced by Ric Wake]
    15-Es Amor [Produced by Manny Benito]
    16-Baila [Produced by Emilio Estefan]
    17-Do You Know Where You're Going To? [Produced by Dan Shea & Cory Rooney]

"On the 6" is the debut studio album by superstar Jennifer Lopez. It was released on June 1, 1999. Beginning her career in Movies, Lopez re-entered the music scene with her portrayal of "Selena", this role inspired her to launch a career in music; critics deemed it risky, noting that failure would be embarrassing and could damage her career. Six months after the release of "On the 6" Lopez had successfully transformed from a film star into a pop star, joining an "elite circle of actors to venture successfully into the music arena

Critics greeted Lopez's musical debut with a generally positive response. On the 6 was praised for its conservative, though dynamic, musical style and combination of Latin with pop and R&B Lopez's vocal performance received praise for its versatility, described as "seductive" and "sultry" by critics. Some found the album's material and vocals underwhelming, however. The album was successful on the charts, reaching the top ten in the United States and other countries (dispelling preconceptions that it could ruin her career). The Album went on to sell nearly 3 million copies in the USA and over 8 million copies worldwide.
    On The 6's success allowed Jennifer to evolve into an icon of pop culture in the years after its release. Lopez has sold 75 million records after "On the 6", and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2013 for her contribution to the music industry

"On the 6" produced five singles, most of which were commercially successful:

°If You Had My Love (#1 on Billboard Hot 100)

°No Me Ames (#1 on Billboard Latin Tracks)

°Waiting For Tonight (#8 on Billboard Hot 100)

°Feelin' So Good (#1 on Billboard Dance Charts)

°Let's Get Loud (has become one of J.Lo's signature hits)

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 02, 2017#2

I love her body in On The 6 to TIMT,that's the highlight in her career.

14K2,704
      Doctor of Jenology
      14K2,704

Jun 02, 2017#3

Why she never work again with Ric Wake and Emilio Estefan ???

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 02, 2017#4

Happy Anniversary!!! :confetti :cheer

Master of Jenology

Jun 02, 2017#5

rafaelsalguero wrote:Why she never work again with Ric Wake and Emilio Estefan ???
            I read that Emilio and Gloria tried to capitalize over her success. And even though she had their support, they wanted to manage her (like they were doing with a bunch of latin artists at that time). But she felt like didn't need them to manage her career.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 02, 2017#6

Should've Never is a masterpiece and my favourite song of hers ever :love

Master of Jenology

Jun 02, 2017#7

LoveJennyLo wrote:Should've Never is a masterpiece and my favourite song of hers ever :love
                That song is so underrated. It is one of the best songs she has ever touched. So simple but so pure. The flow of the Gipsy kings sample is amazingly beautiful. Nearly at Sade's level.

SVN and Could This Be Love deserve some acoustic live performances.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 02, 2017#8

Wellyver wrote:
                  LoveJennyLo wrote:Should've Never is a masterpiece and my favourite song of hers ever :love
                  That song is so underrated. It is one of the best songs she has ever touched. So simple but so pure. The flow of the Gipsy kings sample is amazingly beautiful. Nearly at Sade's level.

SVN and Could This Be Love deserve some acoustic live performances.
                  Definitely! Couldn't agree more.

12K1,502
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  12K1,502

Jun 02, 2017#9

Could this be love is a masterpiece tbh even her vocals are beautifully sung it's got like 6-7 million views on YouTube

Love to hear it performed now

This album is really well produced and of course 4 Grammy nominations and 3 Brit award nominations for the singles (her only album that received nominations from the Grammy's and Brits).

12K11,623
                    Contributor
                    12K11,623

Jun 02, 2017#10

Love love love this album. I was actually listening to it the other day and it brought back so many great memories. Its insane that 18 years later, and so many albums later, most of her signature songs are off this album.

Contributor

Jun 02, 2017#11

I'm still wondering if Gloria Estefan did backup vocals on "Could This Be Love"? The song is beautiful sung, but I can't help but notice the backup.

Gloria isn't listed as a vocalist, but her voice sounds so clear in the background. Especially in the "if you can fall for just a moment" part. I grew up listening to her music so I'm like wow sounds just like her.

Lawrence Dermer is the writer, and well known for working with Gloria (and her former group, "Miami Sound Machine"). Also, Emilio Estefan produced the track. I know he also produced "Let's Get Loud", and Gloria gave the song up to Jen. So I'm wondering if it's possible that Gloria demoed the song, or did backup vocals?

I been trying to figure this out for years. :lol
                        Does anyone else hear it?

46K3,677
                        Admin
                        46K3,677

Jun 02, 2017#12

Time freaking flies, WOW.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 02, 2017#13

omg time is going fast. I love this album it has a good mixture of RB and Latin music. But the fact that who let the dogs out won a Grammy over LGL is sooo unfair.

Jun 02, 2017#14

Amar es para siempre and El deseo de tu amor were also tracks in the Spanish version of OT6

14K2,704
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              14K2,704

Jun 02, 2017#15

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:I'm still wondering if Gloria Estefan did backup vocals on "Could This Be Love"? The song is beautiful sung, but I can't help but notice the backup.

Gloria isn't listed as a vocalist, but her voice sounds so clear in the background. Especially in the "if you can fall for just a moment" part. I grew up listening to her music so I'm like wow sounds just like her.

Lawrence Dermer is the writer, and well known for working with Gloria (and her former group, "Miami Sound Machine"). Also, Emilio Estefan produced the track. I know he also produced "Let's Get Loud", and Gloria gave the song up to Jen. So I'm wondering if it's possible that Gloria demoed the song, or did backup vocals?

I never put attention on that part, OMG maybe its Gloria doing the backup vocals
                                do you know why they listed this like "Mick G Mix" ? If this its the only versión
                                I really want a Live Performance of this song!!!! 18 years and we never get a performance !! :argh

20K7,955
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                20K7,955

Jun 02, 2017#16

Crazy !
                                  18 freaking years with Miss Lopez lol

:bow

Master of Jenology

Jun 02, 2017#17

rafaelsalguero wrote:
                                    JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:I'm still wondering if Gloria Estefan did backup vocals on "Could This Be Love"? The song is beautiful sung, but I can't help but notice the backup.

I never put attention on that part, OMG maybe its Gloria doing the backup vocals
                                    do you know why they listed this like "Mick G Mix" ? If this its the only versión
                                    I really want a Live Performance of this song!!!! 18 years and we never get a performance !! :argh
                                    Around 2010/2011, I found another version of Could This Be Love sang by another woman on 4shared. I don't know if it was a cover or maybe a demo, but i lost it.

It was very similar to Jen's version.

12K588
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    12K588

Jun 04, 2017#18

Luka711 wrote:Crazy !
                                      18 freaking years with Miss Lopez lol

:bow
                                      +1 It's insane! %)
                                      I still remember the first time i listened to this album in full... i was in fucking awe! :bow Timeless album and imho these are the kind of ballads Jen should be doing. As much as i love FTL, LIBM etc i think soft, breathy and sexy is her strong point not power ballads like the ones she's after now.

This album is a MASTERPIECE! :rockon

Intro to Jenology

Jun 04, 2017#19

Still my favorite Album from Jen. It was so cohesive and well thought out.

Totally random but does anyone know why it's not available on Apple Music in the US? I noticed that the other day and thought that was so strange...

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 04, 2017#20

100% still her best album.
                                          • Waiting for tonight and If you had my love are two of her best tracks and videos ever.

Let's Get Loud has become an iconic salsa and a legendary JLO song. This song is what every artist wants to happen to their singles. Its iconicness has continued to grow since day 1.

Could this be love is a personal favourite of mine.

No me Ames remains her biggest track in the latin community.

14K2,704
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          14K2,704

Jun 06, 2017#21

Guys what do you think of "IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS" produced by Darkchild, you think it's strong enough ??

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 07, 2017#22

rafaelsalguero wrote:Guys what do you think of "IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS" produced by Darkchild, you think it's strong enough ??

love the song especially when she speaks Spanish in the bridge.

14K2,704
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              14K2,704

Jun 07, 2017#23

RLO wrote:
                                                rafaelsalguero wrote:Guys what do you think of "IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS" produced by Darkchild, you think it's strong enough ??

love the song especially when she speaks Spanish in the bridge.

And I hate that part of the song, cause she say everything in very bad spanish, it's ununderstandable, meaningless, I think she wrote this part, she must have let somebody who speak perfect spanish wrote this.
                                                She says:

"Tu me haces reir, todas las veces que tu creías que yo no sabia lo que tu tabas ciendo
                                                Ya sabes que yo ha sido todo eso e mentiras
                                                Al final tu eres que perdia no juegues con mas"

She try to say something like:

"Tu Me haces reir, todas las veces que creías que yo no sabia lo que tu estabas haciendo
                                                Ya sabes que yo no creía en tus mentiras
                                                Al final tu eres el que perdió, ya no juegues mas"

:lol:

14K6,388
                                                Contributor
                                                14K6,388

Jun 07, 2017#24

18 years it's crazy, I remember seeing the If you had my love video for the first time and telling my sister that the girl looked like Jennifer Lopez lol

Could this be love and Should've never remain some of my favorites Jen songs she had some good ballads over the year but nothing close to this 2. Love "Too late" that Latin/R&B sound was perfect for her

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 09, 2017#25

lol i never noticed that but props for Jen trying Its not that serious is still good

Read more posts (4 remaining)