Vegas setlist suggestions

Vegas setlist suggestions

16K4,305
Contributor
16K4,305

May 28, 2017#1

I saw that some people were talking about it on the Vegas topic...

I really think Jen needs to update her setlist.
    She doesn't even perform some her best/signature songs like Aint It Funny(original) / I'm Glad / Play etc... :coffee

NOONE wants to hear I Hope You Dance / "Feel The Light" but she's still performing those songs...
    She has some amazing ballads, I really don't know why she chose those songs. She should be performing acoustic version of Aint It Funny (original album version) (a classic J-Lo song that EVERYONE loves) instead of "I Hope You Dance" and as for "Feel The Light" she can do "Let It Be Me" or a ballad from new Spanish album.

I love I'm Into You, but Vegas performance of that song is not good. Its a tropical song and it deserves a great choreography. Jen is performing this song with a robe. :bad: After performing Girls, she should be performing I'm Glad ( fan favorite!) it would go well with "Girls" theme, she can even do the choreography from the video.

Booty is also disappointing, she should do the Fashion Rocks choreography, it would suit Vegas's theme better. She broke up with Drake but she's still doing that "Hotline Bling" joke :bad: and also Throw Your Hair Back needs to go. Booty needs to be performed in full, with a new outfit.

Also,it would be great if she can perform a song for the fans.Songs like Step Into My World / Walking On Sunshine are fan favorites, she can do at least one for the fans.

Hold It Don't Drop It - we know that Jen loves to perform it and it's Lupe's favorite song, but this is Vegas and each minute of the show is expensive lol. It shouldn't be wasted with Hold It Don't Drop It. She performed this way too many times and lets admit it, its not even on "best J-Lo songs" or "best performances" from her list.

"Respect" was cute idea for Hilary Clinton show, but for Vegas, no! Aint Your Mama needs a full performance too and she MUST do a new pre-recorded vocals with a NEW choreography.

Intro to Jenology

May 28, 2017#2

mEm wrote:
      Hold It Don't Drop It - we know that Jen loves to perform it and it's Lupe's favorite song, but this is Vegas and each minute of the show is expensive lol. It shouldn't be wasted with Hold It Don't Drop It. She performed this way too many times and lets admit it, its not even on "best J-Lo songs" or "best performances" from her list.

Stupidest no clue why no reason why she even performing it, not a good song and not a hit so why why why

The set list needs to be redone and replace like 5 songs with some of the hits she's not performing

She also needs to change the opening, need a more up beat song, even the waiting for tonight in the Dominican Republic/AMA is a better opening

Doctor of Jenology

May 28, 2017#3

All singles!

14K2,771
        Contributor
        14K2,771

May 28, 2017#4

Like I posted in the Vegas topicfew days ago:

I really really hope they'll change up the burlesque part of the show

Girls is amazing, no need to change that. But Im Into You doesn't fit in imo, it's such a tropical song and she is performing in a robe with shoes being displayed on the video wall behind her. Booty is also kinda underwhelming in this section, not a fan of the Throw Your Hair Back break. Wish they'd take the Fashion Rocks routine for it, that was perfect.
          Actuallly this section would work much better if they'd turn it into a tropical section, or keep it burlesque but move IIY and replace it with I'm Glad in this section.

The funky part could also use an upgrade. First of all the outfit, it's nice but not wow. I love HIDDI but she's been doing the exact same routine since the Dance Again tour and I like it but now it's time to revamp it. AYM is not funky so maybe they could turn this section into something else as well.

Would also love if they'd add First Love to the ballad section, she could do the version she did at the Morocco show.

I'm not complaining or being bitchy just sharing my thoughts and thinking about possibilities. On a personal note I'd also love her to perform Aint It Funny, Play, Step Into My World, Louboutins, Good Hit and I Luh Ya Papi.

Have my fingers crossed some things will be updated/new when I go see her in October.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 28, 2017#5

mEm wrote:I saw that some people were talking about it on the Vegas topic...

I really think Jen needs to update her setlist.
            She doesn't even perform some her best/signature songs like Aint It Funny(original) / I'm Glad / Play etc... :coffee

NOONE wants to hear I Hope You Dance / "Feel The Light" but she's still performing those songs...
            She has some amazing ballads, I really don't know why she chose those songs. She should be performing acoustic version of Aint It Funny (original album version) (a classic J-Lo song that EVERYONE loves) instead of "I Hope You Dance" and as for "Feel The Light" she can do "Let It Be Me" or a ballad from new Spanish album.

I love I'm Into You, but Vegas performance of that song is not good. Its a tropical song and it deserves a great choreography. Jen is performing this song with a robe. :bad: After performing Girls, she should be performing I'm Glad ( fan favorite!) it would go well with "Girls" theme, she can even do the choreography from the video.

Booty is also disappointing, she should do the Fashion Rocks choreography, it would suit Vegas's theme better. She broke up with Drake but she's still doing that "Hotline Bling" joke :bad: and also Throw Your Hair Back needs to go. Booty needs to be performed in full, with a new outfit.

Also,it would be great if she can perform a song for the fans.Songs like Step Into My World / Walking On Sunshine are fan favorites, she can do at least one for the fans.

"Respect" was cute idea for Hilary Clinton show, but for Vegas, no! Aint Your Mama needs a full performance too and she MUST do a new pre-recorded vocals with a NEW choreography.
            +1
            Im agree with you.
            For me all the outfits are really cool.
            I hate what she did with "Love dont cost a thing" and "Im into U".

"If You Had My Love"
            "Love Don't Cost a Thing"
            "I'm Into You"
            "Get Right"
            "Play"

"I'm Real (Murder Remix)"
            "Aint It Funny (Murder Remix)"
            "Im Gonna Be Alright"
            "Jenny from the Block"

"Step Into My World"
            "I'm Glad/Girls"
            "Booty" (Fashion Rocks Version)

"Never Satisfied" or "Let it be me" or "First Love"
            "Mirate"

"Ain't Your Mama"
            "Do it Well"
            "Very Special"
            "All I Have"

"Quimbara"
            "Bemba Colora"
            "Ni Tu Ni Yo/Amor, Amor, Amor/A Tu Lado"
            "Let's Get Loud"

"Goin In"
            "Waiting for Tonight"
            "Dance Again"
            "On the Floor"
            "Live It Up"

Master of Jenology

May 28, 2017#6

"If You Had My Love''
              "Love Don't Cost a Thing"
              "Do It Well''
              "Get Right"

"Im Gonna Be Alright"
              "Jenny from the Block"

''I'm Glad''
              ''Girls/If You Had My Love
              ''Booty''

''Feel The Light''
              ''First Love''

''Respect/Ain't Your Mama''
              All I Have/Very Special
              Hold It Don't Drop it

Ain't it funny (Original)
              Ni tu Ni yo/ Amor Amor Amor / A tu Lado
              Let's Get Loud

Play/Waiting For Tonight
              Dance Again
              On The Floor

22K4,141
              Doctor of Jenology
              22K4,141

May 28, 2017#7

She should change and add some tracks. She needs to revamp the show but not change everything.

1.Stay Together/If You Had My Love
                2.Love Don't Cost a Thing
                3.Ain't Your Mama
                4.Get Right
                5.I'm Real/I'm Real (Murder Remix)
                6.I'm Gonna Be Alright
                7.Jenny From The Block
                8.I'm Into You
                9.Step Into My World
                10.Girls/I'm Glad
                11.Booty
                12.Ain't It Funny (Acoustic)
                13.Qué Hiciste
                14.Ain't It Funny (Murder Remix)
                15.All I Have
                16.Play
                17.Hold It Don't Drop It
                18.Ni Tu Ni Yo
                19.Amor Amor Amor
                20.Let's Get Loud
                21.Tens
                22.Waiting For Tonight
                23.Dance Again
                24.On The Floor

Master of Jenology

May 28, 2017#8

I would add could this be love? Play , AiF original, step into my world/forever and still.
                  full lenght aym and booty, out- current ballads Hiddi,

12K1,502
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  12K1,502

May 29, 2017#9

Love don't cost a thing is a hot mess like I said she turned this hot urban pop anthem into a silly cheesy camp fest, the version of waiting for tonight is horrible it's like 90's remix that you got on the singles back in the day, booty's dire now it's just pointless and in into you is just plain up boring!

She needs to come harder in her shows weres street Jen? Her shows like a drag show now, even her dancing is slack!

Im glad
                    Ain't funny
                    Im real
                    Play

All need to be performed! She needs to Ditch the sparkling Beyonce 2007 outfits and go more street it's her it's Jenny from the block.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 29, 2017#10

selena lopez wrote:Love don't cost a thing is a hot mess like I said she turned this hot urban pop anthem into a silly cheesy camp fest, the version of waiting for tonight is horrible it's like 90's remix that you got on the singles back in the day, booty's dire now it's just pointless and in into you is just plain up boring!

She needs to come harder in her shows weres street Jen? Her shows like a drag show now, even her dancing is slack!

Im glad
                      Ain't funny
                      Im real
                      Play

All need to be performed! She needs to Ditch the sparkling Beyonce 2007 outfits and go more street it's her it's Jenny from the block.
                      :ditto
                      agree with you!!! :bow :bow

Intro to Jenology

May 29, 2017#11

"If You Had My Love"
                        "Love Don't Cost a Thing" (Original Dance Breack)
                        "Play"
                        "Get Right"

"Im Gonna Be Alright"
                        "Jenny from the Block"

"Step Into My World"
                        "I'm Glad"
                        "Girls"
                        "Booty" (Fashion Rocks Version)

"Never Satisfied"
                        "First Love"
                        "Mirate"

"Ain't Your Mama"
                        "Do it Well"
                        "Stay Together"
                        "Very Special"
                        "All I Have"

"Quimbara"
                        "Bemba Colora"
                        "Aint it Funny" Original
                        "Ni Tu Ni Yo/Amor, Amor, Amor/A Tu Lado"
                        "Let's Get Loud"

"Goin In"
                        "Waiting for Tonight" (Hex Hector Version)
                        "Dance Again"
                        "On the Floor"
                        "Live It Up

20K7,825
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        20K7,825

May 29, 2017#12

You should add 3-5 songs more and maybe she could finish the concert in 3,5-4 hours ...

14K2,771
                          Contributor
                          14K2,771

May 29, 2017#13

Hahaha true, the setlists being shared are too big
                            Wish she could do that many songs

Would also be nice if she'd do the album version of WFT for a change, she only performs the Hex Hector mix

Contributor

May 29, 2017#14

Let's go down the line.

"Love Don't Cost A Thing" needs the flawless break dance/choreo again. It's ICONIC. "Get Right" I feel shouldn't be in this section. This is the Pop/Musical section. It feels out of place. She should switch "Get Right" with "Ain't Your Mama", and add a "West Side Story" number. It would work better because the AYM video gives previous era vibes, and its her favorite film. Also, AYM should be Pop not funky.

And then add "Waiting For Tonight" here. The original or the Hector Hex Remix.

JFTB section, "Feelin So Good" shouldn't be in there. It should be "I'm Real / Ain't It Funny / I'm Gonna Be Alright (Remixes)" / "All I Have" & "Jenny From The Block". This should be her biggest Hip-Hop hits/remixes section. A good "Remixes/TIMT" throwback.

"Girls" needs to change. It's a Vegas show not a strip club. It's not cute. Also, "Booty" has to go, or it has to be changed. "Throw Your Hair Away" needs to die. Get new choreo. The outfit here as well is a disaster. "Hotline Bling" needs to be updated with something more recent. The song is tired and late now, or just replace the whole section with a club section. "Live It Up", "Goin In", "Papi" is OK.

Ballads should be "Let It Be Me" (or "Do You Know Where You're Going To") & "Feel The Light".

The R&B/funk section is a mess. She could do "Get Right", "Do It Well", "Whatever You Wanna Do", I'm Glad", "HIDDI" (if she loves it that bad).

Latin section needs a revamp. Take out the annoying Celia Cruz tribute. It's late and tired. "No Me Ames" (Salsa), "Let's Get Loud", "Que Hiciste", New Spanish single should be sufficient.

Last section, "Play", "Dance Again", "On The Floor".

But I don't know. I feel like she doesn't care. If it brings home the cheddah and it's doing well they won't change it unfortunately. They never listen to the fans.

Master of Jenology

May 29, 2017#15

masc86 wrote:
                                Girls is amazing, no need to change that.
                                Wish they'd take the Fashion Rocks routine for it, that was perfect.

The funky part could also use an upgrade.

Would also love if they'd add First Love to the ballad section, she could do the version she did at the Morocco show.
                                Agree.
                                CosTaSsSs wrote:
                                1.Stay Together/If You Had My Love
                                2.Love Don't Cost a Thing
                                3.Ain't Your Mama
                                4.Get Right
                                5.I'm Real/I'm Real (Murder Remix)
                                6.I'm Gonna Be Alright
                                7.Jenny From The Block
                                8.I'm Into You
                                9.Step Into My World
                                10.Girls/I'm Glad
                                11.Booty
                                12.Ain't It Funny (Acoustic)
                                13.Qué Hiciste
                                14.Ain't It Funny (Murder Remix)
                                15.All I Have
                                16.Play
                                17.Hold It Don't Drop It
                                18.Ni Tu Ni Yo
                                19.Amor Amor Amor
                                20.Let's Get Loud
                                21.Tens
                                22.Waiting For Tonight
                                23.Dance Again
                                24.On The Floor

Doctor of Jenology

May 29, 2017#16

So many different opinions, all of them better than the actual setlist tbh.

14K678
                                  Admin
                                  14K678

May 29, 2017#17

I would love if she does the original LDCAT & Feelin' So Good video dance breaks.

I totally agree with moving Get Right to the funk section. They can even use the song it samples to introduce this section:

Or open with the Whatever you Wanna Do sample and do a part of that song and then move in Get Right:

All I Have doesn't really fit in there either. It's way to slow for the Funk thing. They could replace it with a Funky version of Play or she could even do a full cover of Locked Out Of Heaven in this section, since she loves the song so much.

I would also remove Ain't Your Mama to be honest.

Another thing I would change is the Girls performance, it's basically a copy of Beyonce's Partition anyway. Replace it with a performance of I'm Glad. Even the Flashdance theme would fit in with the Burlesque thing.

In the Latin section she could incorporate the original Ain't It Funny. maybe do a Spanglish version of the song.

Doctor of Jenology

May 29, 2017#18

The Girls part is so sexy, I don't want her to remove it.. she could change the song (Girls/I'm Glad mashup instead of Girls/IYHML)

Contributor

May 29, 2017#19

chrisjlover wrote:The Girls part is so sexy, I don't want her to remove it.. she could change the song (Girls/I'm Glad mashup instead of Girls/IYHML)
                                        I find it so pointless. She isn't even singing/dancing.
                                        Why do you guys care for this?

She looks like a strippah. It's a waste of a segment. Not too mention, a waste of time/money/space when she can use it for a better performance/song.

Doctor of Jenology

May 29, 2017#20

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
                                          chrisjlover wrote:The Girls part is so sexy, I don't want her to remove it.. she could change the song (Girls/I'm Glad mashup instead of Girls/IYHML)
                                          I find it so pointless. She isn't even singing/dancing.
                                          Why do you guys care for this?

She looks like a strippah. It's a waste of a segment. Not too mention, a waste of time/money/space when she can use it for a better performance/song.
                                          I disagree about being pointless, I think it's one of the highlights of the show.. at least from what I saw in the videos. It's one of those parts of the show that I watch them more than once. And I don't find it slutty either.
                                          Btw a little revamp in that part wouldn't be bad, but with a similar concept.

16K4,305
                                          Contributor
                                          16K4,305

May 29, 2017#21

It is sexy, but it should be "I'm Glad" not "Girls"
                                            This part from the video is PERFECT to perform at Vegas.

Intro to Jenology

May 29, 2017#22

everyone shut the fuck up! this set she has is already doing well. She aint going to change shit so stop being little bitches and get over it and appreciate the show! =]

Master of Jenology

May 30, 2017#23

Hasn't made any changes because she was filming Shades, didn't have time. Hoping when she gets time between shows this leg she'll bring in new stuff, it definitely needs it!!

Intro to Jenology

May 30, 2017#24

I would like to see:

If You Had My Love (longer version with music video dance break - take out Glamorous Life part)
                                                  Love Don't Cost A Thing
                                                  Do It Well
                                                  Get It Right

I'm Real
                                                  I'm Gonna Be Alright
                                                  Jenny From The Block

I'm Into You
                                                  Girls (replace IYHML excerpt with I'm Glad excerpt)
                                                  Booty

Ain't Your Momma
                                                  Ain't It Funny
                                                  All I Have
                                                  Hold It Don't Drop It

No Me Ames
                                                  I Hope You Dance

I Luh Ya Papi
                                                  Papi
                                                  Let's Get Loud

Play
                                                  Waiting For Tonight
                                                  Dance Again
                                                  On The Floor

Bachelor of Jenology

May 30, 2017#25

1.Waiting For Tonight
                                                    2.Jenny From The Block
                                                    3.Ain't Your Mama
                                                    4.Booty
                                                    5.Love Don't Cost a Thing
                                                    6.Dance Again
                                                    7.Play
                                                    8.Get Right
                                                    9.I'm Real
                                                    10.I'm Gonna Be Alright
                                                    11.I Luh Ya Papi
                                                    12.Get It Right
                                                    13.I'm Glad
                                                    14.Ain't It Funny
                                                    15.Qué Hiciste
                                                    16.Ni Tu Ni Yo
                                                    17.All I Have
                                                    18.Hold It Don't Drop It
                                                    19.Let's Get Loud
                                                    20.Tens
                                                    21.I'm Into You
                                                    22.Dance Again
                                                    23.On The Floor
                                                    24.Amor Amor Amor
                                                    25.Sexy Body

Read more posts (4 remaining)