Reggaeton is SLAYING worldwide! Will Jennifer?

Reggaeton is SLAYING worldwide! Will Jennifer?

Contributor

Apr 22, 2017#1

Where are the J.Lovers who said Reggaeton is cheap, Reggaeton is generic, & Reggaeton is boring?

Currently on US Itunes Top 100:
    #1 Despacito (feat. Justin Bieber) [Remix]
    Artist: Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee
    Released: April 17, 2017

https://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/

Soon to be #1 on the Hot 100 (first for Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee), first Spanish song to do so in the history of Billboard, VEVO music video 1B views (broke 11 records), fastest video to reach 1B views ever, Top 10 in most countries on Spotify (#3 WW), Top 10 in most countries on iTunes, certifications in Spain, Belgium, US, Mexico, Italy, etc.

Moreover, there are 7 Reggaeton songs in the Top 10 of the Billboard Latin Songs chart.

But the lovers told me no to Reggaeton. Now they are praising "Amor Amor Amor". Why?

And will Jen have the same crossover success?
    Discuss.

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#2

When she wakes up we'll be in 2030 and it will be too late!

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#3

I have no problem about Jen releasing Reggaeton music, but the whole success of Despacito is because of Justin, and nothing else.

16K4,312
        Contributor
        16K4,312

Apr 22, 2017#4

Thats not because its reggaeton, thats because its featuring Justin Bieber.

Master of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#5

chrisjlover wrote:I have no problem about Jen releasing Reggaeton music, but the whole success of Despacito is because of Justin, and nothing else.
            i'll give you a chance to explain this "whole success", because aside the US Itunes, this song is being slaying on the charts for months and became a global smash without the canadian boy.

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#6

Wellyver wrote:
              chrisjlover wrote:I have no problem about Jen releasing Reggaeton music, but the whole success of Despacito is because of Justin, and nothing else.
              i'll give you a chance to explain this "whole success", because aside the US Itunes, this song is being slaying on the charts for months and became a global smash without the canadian boy.
              I'm talking about the US, I don't leave in States, but I don't think the song had that success before Justin's version.
              WW was a hit before, for sure.

Contributor

Apr 22, 2017#7

Shakira's "Chantaje" reached #1 in Spain, Mexico, Chile and the Top 10 in Switzerland, Portugal, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Bulgaria, Israel, Guatemala, etc.

Certifications in US, Sweden, Poland, France, Brazil, Italy, Spain, etc.

It was also a Reggaeton song. Let that sink in.

Apr 22, 2017#8

Wellyver wrote:
                  THANK YOU! :cheer

The girls never have a clue on what they're talking about. Before the remix, the song peaked @ #52 on the Hot 100 I believe. Per a full Spanish song thats great! Fared much better than any of Jen's recent English singles.

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#9

ur becomming lame and boring... :bad:

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#10

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote: The girls never have a clue on what they're talking about.
                      And "girl", you have? Stop being rude almost everyone here..

And as I said, I have no problem from Jen to do Reggaeton music.
                      Shakira's "Chantaje" was a real success, but you really think this will happen with Jen too? I hope so, but I don't know..

I didn't knew about the peak of Despacito in Hot 100 though, but there's no reason for being ironic , we are discussing.

20K7,952
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      20K7,952

Apr 22, 2017#11

Because sth is #1 doesnt mean it's not cheap or generic ...

Contributor

Apr 22, 2017#12

chrisjlover wrote:
                          JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote: The girls never have a clue on what they're talking about.
                          And "girl", you have? Stop being rude almost everyone here..

And as I said, I have no problem from Jen to do Reggaeton music.
                          Shakira's "Chantaje" was a real success, but you really think this will happen with Jen too? I hope so, but I don't know..
                          I think so. It's today's Latin modern trend.

Do you remember the whole "island/caribbean" sound and we got "Try Me" which became the non-hit that got away, and they had lost a huge opportunity. It's honestly the same thing.

She needs to jump on this trend fast if she really wants her Spanish album to fly off shelves and itunes. It's what Latinos want to hear right now, and Summer is around the corner.

Intro to Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#13

Alright! Here comes the same old drama....whenever jen is avout to release something

26K8,933
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            26K8,933

Apr 22, 2017#14

Chantaje and Despacito (the original version) are amazing. :cheer :cheer

Jump on the reggaeton bandwagon before it's too late, Jen!

Jen should have recorded a reggaeton song years ago (when "Lo Que Pasó, Pasó", "LaTortura", "Gasolina" and "Danza Kuduro" were popular). Now I'm not sure if people will take her seriously as a reggaeton singer? What do you guys think? :interesting

Apr 22, 2017#15

Jen loves reggaeton :cheer :cheer :cheer

Or did she only say that to promote the movie? :giggles

14K678
                                Admin
                                14K678

Apr 22, 2017#16

J wrote: Jen should have recorded a reggaeton song years ago (when "Lo Que Pasó, Pasó", "LaTortura", "Gasolina" and "Danza Kuduro" were popular). Now I'm not sure if people will take her seriously as a reggaeton singer? What do you guys think? :interesting
                                  Adrenalina & Follow The Leader were sort of Reggaeton-ish, atleast that's what Wikipedia says. lol

I hope she's on time this time. A lot of the time she releases when a trend is almost over. I'm still mad Jason Derulo & Jen didn't jump on the tropical bandwagon last year. Try Me was the perfect tropical single last summer.

12K1,502
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  12K1,502

Apr 22, 2017#17

xxxcjlopezxxx wrote:ur becomming lame and boring... :bad:

Contributor

Apr 22, 2017#18

SC88 wrote:
                                      J wrote: Jen should have recorded a reggaeton song years ago (when "Lo Que Pasó, Pasó", "LaTortura", "Gasolina" and "Danza Kuduro" were popular). Now I'm not sure if people will take her seriously as a reggaeton singer? What do you guys think? :interesting
                                      Adrenalina & Follow The Leader were sort of Reggaeton-ish, atleast that's what Wikipedia says. lol

I hope she's on time this time. A lot of the time she releases when a trend is almost over. I'm still mad Jason Derulo & Jen didn't jump on the tropical bandwagon last year. Try Me was the perfect tropical single last summer.
                                      Yeah, both "Adrenalina" & "Follow The Leader" were Reggaeton-influenced, but I would say they're just Musica Urbana.

They sounded more like Latin Dance-Pop records. Sadly, W&Y started going more Pop when they dropped their "Los Extraterrestes" album in 2007. Reggaeton also became too commercial at the time. A lot of old school fans were complaining of the generic-pop sound, and all the auto-tune that the artists jumped on that was popular by T-Pain and Akon in the American market. It all started sounding a mess. But they all started going back to their original sound a bit a couple years back.

Bachelor of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#19

amen! justin just has a huge fanbase

Apr 22, 2017#20

but either way i would love for Jen to drop reggae ton but i think the music video helped the song become a hit. song was dry tbh but the video was good.

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#21

Gosh despacito i always skip this songand i believe it became huge due to JB thats it but surely it was already a hit

Contributor

Apr 22, 2017#22

J wrote:Chantaje and Despacito (the original version) are amazing. :cheer :cheer

Jump on the reggaeton bandwagon before it's too late, Jen!

Jen should have recorded a reggaeton song years ago (when "Lo Que Pasó, Pasó", "LaTortura", "Gasolina" and "Danza Kuduro" were popular). Now I'm not sure if people will take her seriously as a reggaeton singer? What do you guys think? :interesting
                                              I agree.

So weird that she waited all this time. Reggaeton peak was in 2005-2006. Well, for us Puerto Ricans. Then they became more commercial which is cool I guess.

But I don't think she has to be a "Reggaeton singer". But the song can have Reggaeton influences. Reggaeton does really well on radio, clubs, and for parties.

26K8,933
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              26K8,933

Apr 22, 2017#23

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote: I agree.

So weird that she waited all this time. Reggaeton peak was in 2005-2006. Well, for us Puerto Ricans. Then they became more commercial which is cool I guess.

But I don't she has to be a "Reggaeton singer". But the song can have Reggaeton influences. Reggaeton does really well on radio, clubs, and for parties.
                                                I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (when CAUM or El Cantante came out?) that Marc Anthony didn't like reggaeton, so that could be a reason?

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#24

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:Where are the J.Lovers who said Reggaeton is cheap, Reggaeton is generic, & Reggaeton is boring?

Currently on US Itunes Top 100:
                                                  #1 Despacito (feat. Justin Bieber) [Remix]
                                                  Artist: Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee
                                                  Released: April 17, 2017

https://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/

Soon to be #1 on the Hot 100 (first for Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee), first Spanish song to do so in the history of Billboard, VEVO music video 1B views (broke 11 records), fastest video to reach 1B views ever, Top 10 in most countries on Spotify (#3 WW), Top 10 in most countries on iTunes, certifications in Spain, Belgium, US, Mexico, Italy, etc.

Moreover, there are 7 Reggaeton songs in the Top 10 of the Billboard Latin Songs chart.

But the lovers told me no to Reggaeton. Now they are praising "Amor Amor Amor". Why?

And will Jen have the same crossover success?
                                                  Discuss.
                                                  I think so, so far I like what I'm hearing. :love2

Bachelor of Jenology

Apr 22, 2017#25

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:Shakira's "Chantaje" reached #1 in Spain, Mexico, Chile and the Top 10 in Switzerland, Portugal, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Bulgaria, Israel, Guatemala, etc.

Certifications in US, Sweden, Poland, France, Brazil, Italy, Spain, etc.

It was also a Reggaeton song. Let that sink in.
                                                    Shakira is already popular before the song cuz she has soooo much views and subs. on YT. But i see what you mean. Clearly Reggaeton has an influence in music trends.

Read more posts (39 remaining)