New Song: "(Could It Be) US?" (prod. by Skillrex)

All the latest Jennifer Lopez news, pictures, gossip, appearances, etc.
RLO
Bachelor of Jenology

by RLO, Apr 6th, 2017, 8:35 am

rainman wrote:This is the best time to release new music since there is no Taylor...Rihanna...Beyonce... less female competition . Jlo stop playing the ass and give it to us! lol

yes! but i bet that if she just solidly focused on music and no TV then there would be no competition period
CosTaSsSs
Doctor of Jenology

by CosTaSsSs, Apr 6th, 2017, 8:46 am

I don't think we're getting a song tommow. We're probably going to have new music as soon as she performs in Dominican Republic and the awards. Probably perform the song at the awards and the next day is getting released at 28th.

Btw, in her last instagram post she posted this.

This is US...#ShadesOfBlue. Catch an all new episode this SUNDAY at 10pm on NBC

Is she hinting the song Us in capital letters or am I reaching? lol
moejlo
Master of Jenology

by moejlo, Apr 6th, 2017, 9:24 am

CosTaSsSs wrote:I don't think we're getting a song tommow. We're probably going to have new music as soon as she performs in Dominican Republic and the awards. Probably perform the song at the awards and the next day is getting released at 28th.

Lol tbh i though the same thing
JenRox
Admin
Admin

by JenRox, Apr 6th, 2017, 9:36 am

lol, probably a reach. It's most likely just for emphasis because that's what the clip is about. That and maybe a small reference to another NBC show, This is Us. They've both mentioned each other on social.
nixy1991
Doctor of Jenology

by nixy1991, Apr 6th, 2017, 9:39 am

CosTaSsSs wrote:I don't think we're getting a song tommow. We're probably going to have new music as soon as she performs in Dominican Republic and the awards. Probably perform the song at the awards and the next day is getting released at 28th.

This is Us is a show on NBC, and it makes sense with the video. They wouldn't just drop a song at random, so it's definitely not coming tomorrow. A new single needs to drop by the end of the month, though, if she wants a Summer smash. I don't care if it's in English or Spanish, just DO IT already.
mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Apr 6th, 2017, 3:38 pm

I don't think we'll be getting a song tomorrow, but how amazing it would be if she released it tomorrow with a radio deal?!
LoveJennyLo
Doctor of Jenology

by LoveJennyLo, Apr 6th, 2017, 4:30 pm

I'm sure we will get something after her Dominican Republic performance.
RLO
Bachelor of Jenology

by RLO, Apr 6th, 2017, 6:09 pm

LoveJennyLo wrote:I'm sure we will get something after her Dominican Republic performance.

i hope and if not i hope we get a good quality of the show on Youtube
jennylo86
Bachelor of Jenology

by jennylo86, Apr 6th, 2017, 8:51 pm

I hope that! :crossfingers
lucinda
Bachelor of Jenology

by lucinda, Apr 7th, 2017, 12:35 am

mEm wrote:I don't think we'll be getting a song tomorrow, but how amazing it would be if she released it tomorrow with a radio deal?!

I was hoping for a music video :"":
Presumid0
Intro to Jenology

by Presumid0, Apr 17th, 2017, 2:47 am

Any news of this song?
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor

by daisylo, Apr 28th, 2017, 2:38 am

Poo Bear, real name Jason Boyd, collaborated with Bieber on his last album Purpose, which sold more than three million copies, launched a massive world tour and gave Bieber some much-needed credibility.

And while he's just finished working on the new Jennifer Lopez album and has been collaborating with Sam Smith, Poo Bear's decided there's an Aussie artist worthy of his midas touch.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breakin ... 3c7b4f7dff

i'm guessing it means they did more than one song.
mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Apr 28th, 2017, 2:50 am

daisylo wrote:
Poo Bear, real name Jason Boyd, collaborated with Bieber on his last album Purpose, which sold more than three million copies, launched a massive world tour and gave Bieber some much-needed credibility.

And while he's just finished working on the new Jennifer Lopez album and has been collaborating with Sam Smith, Poo Bear's decided there's an Aussie artist worthy of his midas touch.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breakin ... 3c7b4f7dff

i'm guessing it means they did more than one song.

Finally something exciting
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology

by Luka711, Apr 28th, 2017, 3:04 am

New album ? But what album ? lol
spanish? english?
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor

by daisylo, Apr 28th, 2017, 3:17 am

Luka711 wrote:New album ? But what album ? lol
spanish? english?

he worked on "Could it be us" so i guess english
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology

by Luka711, Apr 28th, 2017, 3:18 am

daisylo wrote:
spanish? english?

Yeah, I just cant see english album coming anytime soon, when they cant release a spanish one lol
:lol:
selena lopez
Doctor of Jenology

by selena lopez, Apr 28th, 2017, 3:18 am

Hit maker Dr. Luke is no longer chief executive of the label he founded under Sony Music in 2011, but sources indicate his relationship with the label hasn’t been completely severed.
On Tuesday, the Hollywood Reporter wrote that Sony had distanced itself from the producer, born Lukasz Gottwald, amid a long-simmering legal battle between Gottwald and singer Kesha. The two have been entangled in lawsuits since 2014 after the pop singer accused her mentor and collaborator of abusing her.
According to the Reporter, the two sides were in the midst of negotiating a split and that Luke was no longer CEO of his Kemosabe Records, an imprint of Sony.
Luke indeed no longer holds the executive position, , a change that was expected as part of a contractual obligation that was set to expire at the end of March 2017.

Still, a representative for the producer told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that Luke maintained a working relationship with the label. “This is wrong, they are not cutting ties,” the rep said without going into specifics as to what the relationship may entail.

Despite backlash, Gottwald has continued to work, producing records for Jennifer Lopez, Ciara, Pitbull and Fifth Harmony. He has vehemently denied the claims against him.
"It's a shame that there's so much speculation out there basing itself on so little information," Gottwald wrote in a series of tweets last year. "The only truly objective person who knows the facts is the judge.

Just a tid bit guess she's been working with Dr Luke again as this is a fresh article she hasn't worked with him yet properly as she?
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor

by daisylo, Apr 28th, 2017, 3:21 am

Luka711 wrote:
daisylo wrote:
spanish? english?

Yeah, I just cant see english album coming anytime soon, when they cant release a spanish one lol
:lol:

I don't think she's gonna release an English album anytime soon either, just songs like she said.
nixy1991
Doctor of Jenology

by nixy1991, Apr 28th, 2017, 3:23 am

selena lopez wrote:Just a tid bit guess she's been working with Dr Luke again as this is a fresh article she hasn't worked with him yet properly as she?

They're talking about Ain't Your Mama. Seriously doubt she'd work with him again after all that backlash.
Presumid0
Intro to Jenology

by Presumid0, Oct 28th, 2017, 9:41 pm

No news for this song?
rafaelsalguero
Doctor of Jenology

by rafaelsalguero, Oct 28th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Maybe this is the english song she talk in the Facebook live
masc86
Contributor
Contributor

by masc86, Oct 29th, 2017, 4:55 am

Guess the song already sounds dated now…
Thats one of her issues with music, she records a bunch but by the time stuff gets released its already dated
Look how fast people are jumping on Cardi B now, grabbing her now that shes hot (not saying Jenn should but this is just an example)
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology

by Luka711, Oct 29th, 2017, 5:54 am

A good song doesnt sound dated a few months after recording imo ...
moejlo
Master of Jenology

by moejlo, Oct 29th, 2017, 6:49 am

Luka711 wrote:A good song doesnt sound dated a few months after recording imo ...

This song is fire i dont think it s dated
mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Oct 29th, 2017, 7:27 am

The snippet sounded too good... Its such a shame, Jen released Ni Tu Ni Yo but not this.

Return to “General Discussion”