Doctor of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#126

I actually agree with u o get it together but he is still an asshole

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#127

For information, the sample of IFYHML is sung by Jennifer Lopez and by nobody else because I hear and I see on the internet that people say it is not her, he has exactly picked up the refrain of the song and he made a modification of the voice on auto tune.

12K588
      Doctor of Jenology
      12K588

Mar 20, 2017#128

Mpe33 wrote:For information, the sample of IFYHML is sung by Jennifer Lopez and by nobody else because I hear and I see on the internet that people say it is not her, he has exactly picked up the refrain of the song and he made a modification of the voice on auto tune.
        Even IF this is true using her own vocals and changing them beyond recognition is even more insulting. :coffee

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#129

I love how he used this sample and it's one of the better tracks on the album.

Can someone make an edit of this track and add Jen's original IYHML vocals in there?

Contributor

Mar 20, 2017#130

onlinejlofanCOM wrote:I love how he used this sample and it's one of the better tracks on the album.

Can someone make an edit of this track and add Jen's original IYHML vocals in there?
            YESS
            SO SMART

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#131

JLOFANCHRIS wrote:
              onlinejlofanCOM wrote:I love how he used this sample and it's one of the better tracks on the album.

YESS
              SO SMART
              At least this way we still have a Drake and J.Lo feature

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Mar 20, 2017#132

They just pitched down the vocals, and it works for the song. I wouldn't read too much into it. What's actually insulting is that those tweets from Jennifer's cousin imply that he didn't even let her know he was replacing her on Get It Together. Especially after she was saying such nice things about him at the Grammys, and saying how proud she was of the song on the radio.

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#133

There is smth bitter happened between them . It s clear

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#134

nixy1991 wrote:I drunk text JLo, old number so it bounce back.

I am wondering if this was metaphorical or if she really changed numbers after she found out Drake was dating someone else.

Anyway some background on this track/relating Jen and how it could be interpreted:
                    Drake posted a photo on Instagram of himself with Jennifer Lopez in December 2016 confirming that the two were romantically involved.

Though he humblebrags about how casually he drunk texts supermodels and pop stars, the fact that the text message “bounced back” because it was an “old number” means she has not kept him updated with her new number, effectively cutting him out of communication, indicating the end of the relationship.

A “free smoke” is a dare—Drake’s warning anyone thinking of testing him that if they do, he’ll crush them. Literally, it refers to the smoke of the gun he’ll use to shoot his challengers, although in this case it’s metaphor for a lyrical murder, as Drake has advocated against gun violence.

https://genius.com/11531149

Mar 20, 2017#135

nixy1991 wrote:They just pitched down the vocals, and it works for the song. I wouldn't read too much into it. What's actually insulting is that those tweets from Jennifer's cousin imply that he didn't even let her know he was replacing her on Get It Together. Especially after she was saying such nice things about him at the Grammys, and saying how proud she was of the song on the radio.
                      I think those tweets from Jen's cousins are petty though. And if Jennifer really ignored Drake's texts /blocked his number while he was on tour in Europe, then I quite get why he found it logical to replace her vocals on the track. I'm not so surprised as the vocal of this Jorja girl fits the house track better anyway.

Intro to Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#136

Seriously you lot - I sometimes wonder if you have nothing better to do, than constantly speculate on topics that you know nothing about and drag the person you are supposedly a fan of. Enjoy this for what it is, because I am pretty sure Jennifer won't even be thinking about this as much as you guys - chill out!

I come on this forum, and I see everyone hyped for the Drake /JLo collab and the 'Sexy Body' song with Pit, and as soon as it was released everyone started hating on that song, and its the same situation here again now. Yes, we don't have the song that we were all looking forward to, but guess what? shit happens and things change. We also shouldn't be bad mouthing Jorja Smith either, she might not be to everyones taste, but she will be big and is a massive talent here in the UK, and I am pretty sure she didn't tell Drake to remove JLo from the track - some people in here need to show a bit of respect sometimes.

We don't know that there is anything bitter between Drake and JLo (it is childish speculation), and we should just be thankful that we have a new song that samples JLo (IYHML) -Whichever way you look at it, for one artist to sample another's song is a massive compliment and yet you are all trying to make out it is an insult.

Not defending Drake in the slightest and I am as disappointed as all of you, but for god-sake, give it a rest and be appreciative of what we do have.

It's exhausting in this place

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#137

I'm probably looking into this too much, lol. But I think it's fun to analyse / dissecting this albums lyrics as some of it is probably about Jennifer.

There's the song "Jorja Interlude", which precedes Get It Together. The song's lyrics are about people using him when they want to regain popularity.

There's also a lyric "You out there tellin' everybody everything', which could refer to Jennifer talking about Drake in multiple interviews and her team leaking information about the relationship to gossip blogs / magazine, whilst Drake kept totally quiet about their relationship.

The interlude ends with "So watch how you speak on my name, you know?" whilst already fading into the track Get It Together, now with J.Lo's vocal replaced. This could be interpreted as some sort of acted upon threat / consequence for Jennifer 'cause she's been talking about them too much, he may have felt played and in order to pay her back he decided to replace her vocals with those of Jorja Smith.

12K588
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          12K588

Mar 20, 2017#138

Lucifer81 wrote:Seriously you lot - I sometimes wonder if you have nothing better to do, than constantly speculate on topics that you know nothing about and drag the person you are supposedly a fan of. Enjoy this for what it is, because I am pretty sure Jennifer won't even be thinking about this as much as you guys - chill out!

I come on this forum, and I see everyone hyped for the Drake /JLo collab and the 'Sexy Body' song with Pit, and as soon as it was released everyone started hating on that song, and its the same situation here again now. Yes, we don't have the song that we were all looking forward to, but guess what? shit happens and things change. We also shouldn't be bad mouthing Jorja Smith either, she might not be to everyones taste, but she will be big and is a massive talent here in the UK, and I am pretty sure she didn't tell Drake to remove JLo from the track - some people in here need to show a bit of respect sometimes.

We don't know that there is anything bitter between Drake and JLo (it is childish speculation), and we should just be thankful that we have a new song that samples JLo (IYHML) -Whichever way you look at it, for one artist to sample another's song is a massive compliment and yet you are all trying to make out it is an insult.

Not defending Drake in the slightest and I am as disappointed as all of you, but for god-sake, give it a rest and be appreciative of what we do have.

If it is exhausting for you already 66 posts in, imagine what it is for us with 10000+ that we have to deal with the same delusional trolls for years.
                            Nobody bad mouthed Jorja and personally i love the song and her version but the way Drake handled this whole situation is a petty pressed mess. Jen handled it with class and professionalism since day1. I don't know and i don't care what happened between them but when you have a high profile collab with a global superstar like Jen this isn't how you handle things... he should have the balls and come clean about all this. As i said Drake has a certain reputation among rappers for being a soft spoiled frontin' bitch and now i see why. :coffee

Mar 20, 2017#139

onlinejlofanCOM wrote:
                              nixy1991 wrote:They just pitched down the vocals, and it works for the song. I wouldn't read too much into it. What's actually insulting is that those tweets from Jennifer's cousin imply that he didn't even let her know he was replacing her on Get It Together. Especially after she was saying such nice things about him at the Grammys, and saying how proud she was of the song on the radio.
                              I think those tweets from Jen's cousins are petty though. And if Jennifer really ignored Drake's texts /blocked his number while he was on tour in Europe, then I quite get why he found it logical to replace her vocals on the track. I'm not so surprised as the vocal of this Jorja girl fits the house track better anyway.
                              When you fuck around with z-class whores in public you better expect to be blocked. Jen never flaunted whatever they had. He is an adult and he knew what was going public. The videos, the snippets, the photo... everything went public with him knowing. Jen was just answering politely and professionally as she should only when asked. Not to mention that she even avoided such questions in the beginning. She has been nothing but a class act and if his lyrics really imply anything else then he is even pettier than i thought.

16K4,305
                              Contributor
                              16K4,305

Mar 20, 2017#140

Lucifer81 wrote:Seriously you lot - I sometimes wonder if you have nothing better to do, than constantly speculate on topics that you know nothing about and drag the person you are supposedly a fan of.!
                                Exactly. Some people have nick names like "xxxLovesJLo" or "JLoFanatic" but actually its the opposite.

Intro to Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#141

panos86 wrote:
                                  Lucifer81 wrote:Seriously you lot - I sometimes wonder if you have nothing better to do, than constantly speculate on topics that you know nothing about and drag the person you are supposedly a fan of. Enjoy this for what it is, because I am pretty sure Jennifer won't even be thinking about this as much as you guys - chill out!

If it is exhausting for you already 66 posts in, imagine what it is for us with 10000+ that we have to deal with the same delusional trolls for years.
                                  Nobody bad mouthed Jorja and personally i love the song and her version but the way Drake handled this whole situation is a petty pressed mess. Jen handled it with class and professionalism since day1. I don't know and i don't care what happened between them but when you have a high profile collab with a global superstar like Jen this isn't how you handle things... he should have the balls and come clean about all this. As i said Drake has a certain reputation among rappers for being a soft spoiled frontin' bitch and now i see why. :coffee
                                  Ha ha you are right, although, I have been around for years, I just never really post (partly because of this!)
                                  Completely agree with you, that the situation is pretty petty, but what can we do? We can either enjoy what we have and forget the politics or we can bitch and moan and miss all the good stuff.

There were some comments about Jorja Smith in some of the other threads and their is no need for it. I would highly recommend her music to anyone - I was lucky enough to catch her live, when she supported NAO and it was unbelievable.

14K6,346
                                  Contributor
                                  14K6,346

Mar 20, 2017#142

onlinejlofanCOM wrote: There's also a lyric "You out there tellin' everybody everything', which could refer to Jennifer talking about Drake in multiple interviews and her team leaking information about the relationship to gossip blogs / magazine, whilst Drake kept totally quiet about their relationship.
                                    Did she tho ? she never admitted that they had an intimate relationship, when asked she only talked about work and that they hangout and everyone knew that already, I mean they both posted that picture and most of the videos from the prom were from his friends, so I really doubt that would be about her and about him being quiet about it that's because he was on Tour he didn't had to do any interviews (and some of the gossip source mentioned his camp too)

The interlude ends with "So watch how you speak on my name, you know?" whilst already fading into the track Get It Together,now with J.Lo's vocal replaced. This could be interpreted as some sort of acted upon threat / consequence for Jennifer 'cause she's been talking about them too much, he may have felt played and in order to pay her back he decided to replace her vocals with those of Jorja Smith.
                                    The only time she really talked about him was at the Grammys I think ? she said that he was brilliant, talented and amazing and that she had lots of love for him, would he be butt hurt about that ?

The thing about not telling her about Get it together seem really shady but I guess if she actually blocked him he couldn't tell her anyway, what's weird is how Jen made it seem like they were really good friends when it apparently was the opposite.

and people asking to close threads, it's easy to ignore a thread you're not interested in ? I don't get it.

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#143

I know that she never explicitly confirmed an intimate relationship, but her and her team did use Drake for media attention as well (and this is not a shade). She could've asked Ryan, Andy and Ellen to not talk about Drake at all or at least not comment on him and focus on Shades Of Blue, World Of Dance and the Spanish album instead.

16K4,305
                                      Contributor
                                      16K4,305

Mar 20, 2017#144

She spoke about Drake and the song many times, she could have easily asked the interviewers NOT to ask about him.
                                        Also, the kissing/dancing videos were from a private party, if they asked the guests not to share photo, they wouldnt.

OR she could have not used him for meddia attention by NOT posting an instagram photo at the first place lol.

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#145

All his songs made it to the top on US spotify

14K6,346
                                          Contributor
                                          14K6,346

Mar 20, 2017#146

onlinejlofanCOM wrote:I know that she never explicitly confirmed an intimate relationship, but her and her team did use Drake for media attention as well (and this is not a shade). She could've asked Ryan, Andy and Ellen to not talk about Drake at all or at least not comment on him and focus on Shades Of Blue, World Of Dance and the Spanish album instead.
                                            she has never done that about anything tho Jen has always been pretty open even tho here she only talked about them working together and she didn't give any new information, Drake is asked about his relationships when he goes on Ellen or radio interviews this is no different she had the bad luck to had to do interviews at that time.
                                            It's more the way she answered that I didn't like, if they were on bad terms gushing about him was a little odd.

Also his friends (that follows her) don't seem to have bad feelings about her, I see that they still like some of her insta pictures once in a while. Funny enough the guy who produced "Get it together" Nineteen85 (who also produced Hotline bling) liked a couple of videos of Jen in Vegas not too long ago, but none of the producers or people that work on his albums actually follow Jen and they do Jorja that's why I said that last week he may have replaced her, it's his childhood friends that follow her.

Mar 20, 2017#147

moejlo wrote:All his songs made it to the top on US spotify
                                              as usual.

Contributor

Mar 20, 2017#148

Of course they did.

BB underestimate his musical star power even in 2011 when they labeled him "local". A collaboration I was asking for since then, and that should have happened on "I'm Into You" instead of Lil' Wayne.

Who knows what happened. But her being removed from "Get Together" did no damage for him and will do no damage despite what 7 upset J.Lo fans from overseas think. In 2017, he is by far a bigger and respected musical artist.

Oh well. Maybe one day he'll release it and pull a Fabolous like he did with Tamia and Ashanti. One version for the video, and another for radio. Lol!

Master of Jenology

Mar 20, 2017#149

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
                                                  Of course they did.

BB underestimate his musical star power even in 2011 when they labeled him "local". A collaboration I was asking for since then, and that should have happened on "I'm Into You" instead of Lil' Wayne.

Who knows what happened. But her being removed from "Get Together" did no damage for him and will do no damage despite what 7 upset J.Lo fans from overseas think. In 2017, he is by far a bigger and respected musical artist.

Oh well. Maybe one day he'll release it and pull a Fabolous like he did with Tamia and Ashanti. One version for the video, and another for radio. Lol!

Or like what Jen did with Im gonna be alright! lol

Contributor

Mar 20, 2017#150

rainman wrote:
                                                    JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
                                                    Of course they did.

Or like what Jen did with Im gonna be alright! lol
                                                    Yes! :clap

But in this case it's his song. If only she had some rights, or her team have a copy and leaks it. :lol

Read more posts (120 remaining)