Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 06, 2017#26

Why not next year? You know that Jennifer will never have enough time because she will put something else in her schedule. She needs to have the amount of time she had for AMAs but with creative preparation already ready.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 06, 2017#27

I don't know if artists themselves choose to perform at Super Bowl. I think the producers are choosing the artists :cool:

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 06, 2017#28

Jen should definitely do it. I've said this before multiple times too... she's the perfect candidate for it.
        It doesn't have to do with relevance as much as it has to do with status and star power. Madonna and Gaga weren't really relevant when they performed. Well they were still putting out music but not as relevant in the popular eye as other artists. Jen is the same way. She's still more relevant imo.

Contributor

Feb 06, 2017#29

If she doesn't do it next year, it will never happen.

Master of Jenology

Feb 06, 2017#30

i agree they need to atleast try and introduce her as a guest or it will never happen just sucks she doesnt eye this event

Master of Jenology

Feb 06, 2017#31

you don't need to have a current hit to perform at super bowl
              just look at gaga, madonna and even beyoncé

14K2,771
              Contributor
              14K2,771

Feb 06, 2017#32

She really really needs to do this

Contributor

Feb 06, 2017#33

I believe she will.. There are really not a long list of deserving artist who can pull this off. She is deff a great choice.

Intro to Jenology

Feb 06, 2017#34

gotti wrote:If she doesn't do it next year, it will never happen.
                    I wouldn't say never, but I do agree if it doesn't happen this coming year, it's unlikely It can happen in the future. This year is truly her last chance to get a hit single (hopefully with Drake) otherwise Rihanna, Maroon 5, Taylor ect ect ect WILL headline the show next year.

If only she could get a 30-60 seconds guest spot with another big act, (like Katy did with Missy, like Beyonce did with Kelly & Michelle) then she could prove to those in charge of the decision, she truly deserves this shot.

Contributor

Feb 07, 2017#35

A new album (English) and radio hits would boost that possibility... I wouldn't get my hopes up though, I'm sure next year they'll go for a male entertainer...

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#36

NFL says they want Taylor next year.

Master of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#37

Remember JLo rejected the superbowl, maybe she doesnt want to do it.. And now the artist must pay so... More hard to call Jlo's attention.

Master of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#38

You would need to be the world's dumbest popstsar to turn this down. Gaga is slaying itunes. Look at reaction she is getting from fans and her peers.

Master of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#39

Lucy19 wrote:You would need to be the world's dumbest popstsar to turn this down. Gaga is slaying itunes.
                              She's red now

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#40

Love_JLO wrote:NFL says they want Taylor next year.
                                Really!? Cant sing cant perform...acting all cute for 13 minutes. Im not here for that

14K2,614
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                14K2,614

Feb 07, 2017#41

I will kill myself if they choose GOATKIRA before Jennifer !!!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#42

JLo and her team absolutely want to do the Super Bowl. She wanted to do it this year. The NFL had a tough decision to make and in the end they went with Lady Gaga instead of JLo. The timing for Lady Gaga was better because she had just released a new album and she has a new world tour to promote.

But don't think for a second JLo does not want to do it, or that the NFL does not want her, or that she is not relevant enough. All that's bullshit. And I expect we will see a JLo Halftime Show sooner than many of you think.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#43

FlyBoy87 wrote:JLo and her team absolutely want to do the Super Bowl. She wanted to do it this year. The NFL had a tough decision to make and in the end they went with Lady Gaga instead of JLo. The timing for Lady Gaga was better because she had just released a new album and she has a new world tour to promote.

But don't think for a second JLo does not want to do it, or that the NFL does not want her, or that she is not relevant enough. All that's bullshit. And I expect we will see a JLo Halftime Show sooner than many of you think.
                                      Oh I hope so.

Master of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#44

selena lopez wrote:
                                        tajegu wrote:Well I guess the whole world is waiting for JLO to bring on her legendry performance BUT she is the one who has to MAKE THIS HAPPEN. She is the best performer of the biz and and she gotta do this.
                                        Btw she has already have a catalogue of Hits to bring on. She did vegas WITHOUT ANY NEW MUSIC OR ALBUM the same goes with DAWT she only wanted to TOUR cuz of the divorce thing. Like I said her name is sooooo big she can do this if she has nothing out. She is a legend hello!!!!
                                        Well she had

Love?
                                        On the floor
                                        Im into you
                                        Papi
                                        Follow the leader
                                        The hardest ever
                                        Dance Again the hits
                                        Dance again

Before she toured
                                        Come on all those singleS you mention were 2 years old and you don't promote a song or album 2 years later. DA and the hits album were just a plus for sony and A MUST TO RELEASE for jlo. If it was important she could perform and promote that once it came out. She barely even mentioned or tweet about it. And we all know that jlo is not a PROMO kinda girl and thats her weakness. Sometimes I feel like she is so popular that we could get booty platinum. Name me someone who can do this with 0 radio play let alone her age!!! And that she is always late. What was that promo type for Aka?!!! Relying on TV!!! Hello digital platform, hello streaming.... TV can only keep your image but not your songs THEY NEED AIRPLAY, HUGE BUZZ. :hug

Feb 07, 2017#45

FlyBoy87 wrote:JLo and her team absolutely want to do the Super Bowl. She wanted to do it this year. The NFL had a tough decision to make and in the end they went with Lady Gaga instead of JLo. The timing for Lady Gaga was better because she had just released a new album and she has a new world tour to promote.

Well I guess Gaga is pulling a beyonce. She has a great team that has great linkage. The globes and now superbowl for someone that is barely a successful and proved name. I love her and some of her songs but look at the names that performed like madonna,beyonce, janet.... they are all established names but katy and now gaga brings the same bargaining power, link, money.... which is sad really sad. I can't and wont be satisfied that katy and gaga are in the position to perform. Those single sales can't prove anything cuz Jlo came from an era that SINGLE was nothing if it was a thing then katy Who?

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#46

And I expect we will see a JLo Halftime Show sooner than many of you think.
                                            I so hope you're right *prays*

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#47

For those of you interested. These two women are on Twitter, both work for NFL, both are involved in the Halftime show process. If anyone wanted to send them a friendly but persuasive tweet about choosing JLo, I did.

Tracy Perlman @TracyPerlman
                                              NFL Vice President of Entertainment Marketing & Promotions

Natalie Ravitz @NFLNatalie
                                              NFL Senior Vice President of Communications

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#48

lucinda wrote:I don't know if artists themselves choose to perform at Super Bowl. I think the producers are choosing the artists :cool:
                                                true I remember they asked Adele first but she turned it down.

Feb 07, 2017#49

FlyBoy87 wrote:For those of you interested. These two women are on Twitter, both work for NFL, both are involved in the Halftime show process. If anyone wanted to send them a friendly but persuasive tweet about choosing JLo, I did.

Tracy Perlman @TracyPerlman
                                                  NFL Vice President of Entertainment Marketing & Promotions

Natalie Ravitz @NFLNatalie
                                                  NFL Senior Vice President of Communications
                                                  Thanks!

Intro to Jenology

Feb 07, 2017#50

I can just imagine it now:

"America! Let's get it!!!!!"

Read more posts (69 remaining)