Dont You Ever Want Jen to Play As Rita Hayworth?

Dont You Ever Want Jen to Play As Rita Hayworth?

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 20, 2017#1

Rita Hayworth (born Margarita Carmen Cansino; October 17, 1918 – May 14, 1987) was an American actress and dancer. She achieved fame during the 1940s as one of the era's top stars, appearing in a total of 61 films over 37 years. The press coined the term "love goddess" to describe Hayworth after she had become the most glamorous screen idol of the 1940s. She was the top pin-up girl for GIs during World War II.[1]

Hayworth is perhaps best known for her performance in the 1946 film noir, Gilda, opposite Glenn Ford, in which she played the femme fatale in her first major dramatic role. Fred Astaire, with whom she made two films, called her his favorite dance partner. Her greatest success was in the Technicolor musical Cover Girl (1944), with Gene Kelly. She is listed as one of the top-25 female motion picture stars of all time in the American Film Institute's survey, AFI's 100 Years...100 Stars.

In 1980, Hayworth was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, which contributed to her death at age 68. The public disclosure and discussion of her illness drew attention to Alzheimer's, and helped to increase public and private funding for Alzheimer's research.

Rita Hayworth lapsed into a semicoma in February 1987. She died at age 68 from complications associated with Alzheimer's disease three months later on May 14, 1987, at her home in Manhattan.President Ronald Reagan, who had been one of Hayworth's contemporaries in Hollywood, issued a statement:

Rita Hayworth was one of our country's most beloved stars. Glamorous and talented, she gave us many wonderful moments on stage and screen and delighted audiences from the time she was a young girl. In her later years, Rita became known for her struggle with Alzheimer's disease. Her courage and candor, and that of her family, were a great public service in bringing worldwide attention to a disease which we all hope will soon be cured. Nancy and I are saddened by Rita's death. She was a friend who we will miss. We extend our deep sympathy to her family.

14K6,346
    Contributor
    14K6,346

Jan 20, 2017#2

No not really and Jen isn't young enough to play her now.

If she has to do another biopic I'd rather it be about someone like Lolita Lebrón an important activist from Puerto Rico who really had a fascinating life. But now she has the Grieslda movie I don't see her doing another.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 20, 2017#3

daisylo wrote:No not really and Jen isn't young enough to play her now.

If she has to do another biopic I'd rather it be about someone like Lolita Lebrón an important activist from Puerto Rico who really had a fascinating life. But now she has the Grieslda movie I don't see her doing another.
        I read something before it said Jen is a NEW RITA so I ask you this question.But in fact I want her to play some merciless and cruel roles hahaha.

Master of Jenology

Jan 20, 2017#4

daisylo wrote:No not really and Jen isn't young enough to play her now.

omg yesss... she would be an excellent Lolita... Lolita in her younger days reminds me of Jen mom.

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 20, 2017#5

I would love Jenn to play Rita or Sara Montiel.

22K4,141
            Doctor of Jenology
            22K4,141

Jan 20, 2017#6

Lolita Lebrón would be great, but I don't want her to associate with too many biographical movies. She already has Selena and El Cantante as well as Griselda. Rita is not a good choice, Jen is kinda old for that role.

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Jan 20, 2017#7

CosTaSsSs wrote:Lolita Lebrón would be great, but I don't want her to associate with too many biographical movies. She already has Selena and El Cantante as well as Griselda. Rita is not a good choice, Jen is kinda old for that role.
                I agree. Griselda is a good role for her, because it's unlike anything she's ever played before. She'll really have to commit to it 100%. But after that, regardless how it turns out, I wish she'd start doing more supporting roles and be more adventurous with her choices.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 20, 2017#8

if she can learn as much about Rita like she did with Selena then I dont see why not.

14K6,346
                  Contributor
                  14K6,346

Jan 20, 2017#9

An other Biopics would really be too much for sure. I wonder what she's getting offered this days .

12K1,502
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    12K1,502

Jan 20, 2017#10

Back in the day absolutely

Now cant wait for that hbo movie

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 21, 2017#11

JLo would be perfect as Linda Darnell a wonderful actress who died so tragically