In which acting category do you see Jen excelling the most?.

In which acting category do you see Jen excelling the most?.

Intro to Jenology

Jan 01, 2017#1

She proved to be capable playing dramatic roles, comedy roles, even kicking asses like a true action lady.

According to you. Which is the genre that she dominates more?.

26K8,905
    Doctor of Jenology
    26K8,905

Jan 01, 2017#2

She dominates everything!

Drama, romcoms, action movies, animation movies, reality TV, cop movies/series, thrillers/horror, sci-fi... Queen of Hollywood! :rockon

22K4,141
      Doctor of Jenology
      22K4,141

Jan 01, 2017#3

Out of Sight, these are the movies that she shine the most. A bit of action and comedy together.

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 01, 2017#4

Biopic.
          Her 2 best performances were in Selena and El Cantante.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 01, 2017#5

She should do more drama movies to play some serious roles.
            But I think she won not focus on movies any more,maybe waiting a movie for three years lol

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 01, 2017#6

i agree I like her more in serious roles like the Cell or even Anaconda. But I still like her in ROM COMs.

14K6,346
              Contributor
              14K6,346

Jan 01, 2017#7

Dramas and strong characters

23K5,924
                Doctor of Jenology
                23K5,924

Jan 01, 2017#8

Definitely drama, but it wouldn't kill her to do a sci-fi or another action film.

14K6,346
                  Contributor
                  14K6,346

Jan 01, 2017#9

yeah I'd love an action movie, something smart tho :p

Contributor

Jan 03, 2017#10

I think the best roles she plays / played is Shades of Blue and was in Bordertown. But I always like to see her in comedies.

Intro to Jenology

Jan 04, 2017#11

I think her comedy acting is underrated. Some people just look at the weak romcoms, but she has proven to be capable of solid comedy acting.

Contributor

Jan 06, 2017#12

I'm way more of a music fan but Jen excels in drama. It's those scenes where she can bring tenderness or vulnerability that make her a great actress.

Intermediate Jenology

Jan 06, 2017#13

Drama

Intro to Jenology

Jan 06, 2017#14

Jennifer has done 'comedy' to death now in my opinion.
                              I'd love to see her get into some really serious roles; Drama, true stories so she can really show off her acting chops (like she did in Selena).

14K6,346
                              Contributor
                              14K6,346

Jan 06, 2017#15

Watched Miss Sloane last week and I don't know if Jen would have done a better Job because Chastain is fantastic in it but that's the type of role/movie she could really do well, she'll never get offered something like that at least not for a theatrical release if the Griselda movie does well I hope she'll keep working with HBO.

Contributor

Jan 06, 2017#16

crime drama duh, OOS, AE, SOB are all some of her best performances. The Cell falls in the same category but her performance was not good, I'll blame the popstar fame that had just hit her back then. Her performance in Parker was good but the part was meh

23K5,924
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  23K5,924

Jan 26, 2017#17

daisylo wrote:Watched Miss Sloane last week and I don't know if Jen would have done a better Job because Chastain is fantastic in it but that's the type of role/movie she could really do well, she'll never get offered something like that at least not for a theatrical release if the Griselda movie does well I hope she'll keep working with HBO.

I really loved Jessica's character in this movie - smart, ruthless and conniving, and Jessica played her perfectly. You're right I definitely see Jennifer in these kind of roles, and I really wish to see her play more characters who aren't emotional wrecks all the time - kinda like Eve, but with more to do.

The movie itself was good, too - kinda stupid at points, but it was very well directed, and the writing reminded me of Sorkin at times, but with less wit and sarcasm.

14K6,346
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,346

Jan 26, 2017#18

^ yes and one of the closest role she had like that is probably Karen Sisco she excel in that type of roles. Chastain did a movie with Sorkin just after that she's lucky she gets some of the best female role in the industry imo.