20K7,827
Doctor of Jenology
20K7,827

May 25, 2017#251

Uhh Jen was so excited about this ...
    Wonder what really happend.

But let's be positive ... she will have more time to promote music and (rehearse for the Super Bowl 2018) lol

23K5,924
    Doctor of Jenology
    23K5,924

May 25, 2017#252

Luka711 wrote:she will have more time to promote music and (rehearse for the Super Bowl 2018) lol
      That's they only way I'd ever forgive this mess.

And OMG, Heather is going to HATE this. :omg

Intermediate Jenology

May 25, 2017#253

Maybe she's the one who postponed it because she wanted to make time for something else.

20K7,827
        Doctor of Jenology
        20K7,827

May 25, 2017#254

Variety wrote it's cuz of Jen's schedule.

NBC has delayed its plan produce “Bye Bye Birdie” toplined by Jennifer Lopez as live musical until next year.

The tuner had been set to air as NBC’s holiday musical event this year. The decision to push it a year was driven by Lopez’s overflowing schedule, which includes two series for NBC, “World of Dance” and the drama “Shades of Blue.”

The postponement of “Birdie” means NBC will not stage a musical event this holiday season. Earlier this month, NBC unveiled plans for a “Jesus Christ Superstar Live” event to air on Easter Sunday next year. That project will be shepherded by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the pair behind all of NBC’s live musical events to date. Given the high cost of the one-night-only live events, it was unlikely that NBC could field “Superstar” just a few months after staging “Birdie,” had the show stayed on its original date, and also deliver a holiday musical for 2018.

NBC emphasized that it remains committed to producing “Bye Bye Birdie” but network execs didn’t want to be in a position of having to rush rehearsals and production around Lopez’s schedule. She’s serving as a judge and exec producer on the reality series “World of Dance,” which premieres May 30. “Shades of Blue” will begin production on its third season this summer. The multihyphenate is also committed to her concert residency at Planet Hollywood in Vegas that runs through early June and resumes in September and October. Furthermore, Lopez is juggling several movie projects in various stages of development.
          http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/bye-bye ... 202425236/

Doctor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#255

Elaine answers:

14K6,346
            Contributor
            14K6,346

May 25, 2017#256

"warmer on something else" so it's for an another project.

20K7,827
              Doctor of Jenology
              20K7,827

May 25, 2017#257

14K6,346
                Contributor
                14K6,346

May 25, 2017#258

A movie.. :omg but it better not be Mother I'd like to. :coffee

Doctor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#259

daisylo wrote:A movie.. :omg but it better not be Mother I'd like to. :coffee
                    THIS!

Contributor

May 25, 2017#260

Doctor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#261

No MILFS

14K6,346
                        Contributor
                        14K6,346

May 25, 2017#262

chrisjlover wrote:No MILFS
                          Thank God but hate that it's still a thing, I don't mind a comedy but they got the worst writer for it.

Hoping that she's joining someone else project instead of a nuyorican production.

Contributor

May 25, 2017#263

YESSS!! A NEW MOVIEEEE!!!!! So it's not MILFS or GRISELDA BLANCO!.. I Hope is an action movie or a superhero!

Master of Jenology

May 25, 2017#264

Not MILFs

May 25, 2017#265

I knew she was doing something else, i even mentioned this cause last week at the NBC panel, she was going to say that "Universal" was giving her chances to develop other projects, but then replaced universal by "NBC"

Contributor

May 25, 2017#266

Wellyver wrote:I knew she was doing something else, i even mentioned this cause last week at the NBC panel, she was going to say that "Universal" was giving her chances to develop other projects, but then replaced universal by "NBC"
                                  Yes that's very true. She almost spilled her own secret lol....

Honestly I'm lowkey happy she's pushing back this project. Yes it would've been nice but it was completely unnecessary to do this at this time with all she has going on. I feel like she can do this later and focus on better and bigger projects. She already has the platform and production ready to go but I feel like she can clean up her schedule to focus on something BIGGER. She already is getting her coins from NBC so..

14K2,609
                                  Admin
                                  14K2,609

May 25, 2017#267

Bummer!!! Was really looking forward to that! :(

Intermediate Jenology

May 25, 2017#268

DominicanPapiBlaze wrote:YESSS!! A NEW MOVIEEEE!!!!! So it's not MILFS or GRISELDA BLANCO!.. I Hope is an action movie or a superhero!
                                      PLEASE LORD MAKE THIS HAPPEND!!!! :pray :pray :pray

46K3,606
                                      Admin
                                      46K3,606

May 25, 2017#269

I was so excited! :cry I'm disappointed it won't happen this year, but I hope it happens in 2018. I suppose it now makes sense that they didn't discuss it at the Upfront. I thought it was so weird, considering all the musical announcements that week. :/ But moving it to 2018 makes that arena so crowded. All that competition won't be good.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#270

Sad that BBB is cancelled, but Im here for movie-lo. As someone said her filmography from 2007 to now is abysmal. Three modest commercial hits in The Boy Next Door (lucky the budget was only $4 mil) , What to expect when your expecting and The Back up plan, but still not JLO box office levels. Nothing that was really critically acclaimed despite working with big names like Viola Davis and Jason Statham. Some interesting films is what she need.

Although I must add in that time she did become Queen of TV, with 5 seasons of Idol, soon to be 3 seasons of shades and now World of Dance. BBB would have added to that, but oh well.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#271

One can only dream... but if it turns out she´s getting a part in a superhero movie, I want it to be DC. I´d die if she had a part in Wonder Woman 2, maybe as Hera or one of the olympian Gods, I could die several times hahaha

46K3,606
                                            Admin
                                            46K3,606

May 25, 2017#272

Bachelor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#273

Pary for its a good movie with good production and actors even if Jen is co-star.This thing happen so fast and she pushed BBB,I guess it will a be good thing so she change the scheule.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 26, 2017#274

Which means anything music is [likely] delayed to 2018, too!

Master of Jenology

May 26, 2017#275

Nothin On Me wrote:Which means anything music is [likely] delayed to 2018, too!
                                                    I don't think so. It's not like this is a last minute thing and the movie will start the shootings next month.
                                                    But it is probably something really good to make her drop BBB like this.

Read more posts (82 remaining)