New performances platform I guess.....

22K4,158
    Doctor of Jenology
    22K4,158

Sep 28, 2016#2

Oh god... this is terrible.

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 28, 2016#3

I wouldn't say terrible, but I can't say I'm excited, she'll waste a lot of time there.

At least she'll be a judge to something that she's REALLY GOOD.

12K1,502
        Doctor of Jenology
        12K1,502

Sep 28, 2016#4

this feels cheap AF! sorry but another fucking judge these shows are well and truly past it! she's getting more and more like a reality TV star every fucking year it some times makes it hard to stan for her these day's i miss the global Popstar who made movies :argh :argh :argh

14K6,388
          Contributor
          14K6,388

Sep 28, 2016#5

another reality show.. Bad move and I feel like this might flop hard.

when are they filming the 10 episodes ?

12K1,502
            Doctor of Jenology
            12K1,502

Sep 28, 2016#6

it will FLOP it has flop written all over it if Xfactor and other talent shows are flopping or they all sunk this has no chance

14K2,800
              Contributor
              14K2,800

Sep 28, 2016#7

selena lopez wrote:this feels cheap AF! sorry but another fucking judge these shows are well and truly past it! she's getting more and more like a reality TV star every fucking year it some times makes it hard to stan for her these day's i miss the global Popstar who made movies :argh :argh :argh
                Yups I agree. Its almost like Im a fan of a tv judge instead of a singer/actress

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 28, 2016#8

No please not judge again. Because of this job, she can't focus on music :(

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 28, 2016#9

I'm so excited for this project.

I hate replying back to your comments, mostly because the majority whine uncontrollable about every little thing that she does. But I will say this, JLo is no longer just a singer/actress. She is a global brand. So to say she needs to focus on only music and movies is ridiculous.

Shades of Blue is a big hit for her, and it did what all her recent films failed to do and that was show the world she is a damn fine actress.

She's battling her age in an industry where it's all about youth. She's doing a great job of staying relevant even when other females her age are struggling.

She is breaking records in Las Vegas with her show, and has become one of the top acts on the strip.

Some actors take years off between films. Just look at Angelina, Nicole, Renee, Julia, Sandra, Catherine Zeta. Unless you're Meryl Streep you are not turning movie after movie like the younger actresses are, hate to be the one to break that information to you.

You also seem to forget that she has released two singles this year already, and for the most part always has new music coming out. Some artists like Beyoncé and Madonna release albums every few years and then you hear nothing else from them.

So if doing passion projects like a dance competition show is that offensive to you, I'm not really sure you understand the business she is in. Like Heather perfectly stated she is doing a lot more producing and projects that she can have control over so that she will be able in the next 10, 20, 30 years still have the ability to put out projects.

Well that's all I have to say.... carry on with your negativity.

Sep 28, 2016#10

P.S. It's a 10 week summer show once a week. Do you really think it's going to take up that much of her time?

26K8,934
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      26K8,934

Sep 28, 2016#11

Judge-Lo! :bow

Intermediate Jenology

Sep 28, 2016#12

FlyBoy87 wrote:P.S. It's a 10 week summer show once a week. Do you really think it's going to take up that much of her time?
                          I'm not excited about this at all, but you make some great points.

14K6,388
                          Contributor
                          14K6,388

Sep 28, 2016#13

FlyBoy87 wrote:P.S. It's a 10 week summer show once a week. Do you really think it's going to take up that much of her time?
                            but are they filming in the summer or before ? I guess she'll do it on the weekends since she has Vegas and maybe SOB season 3.

Personally I just hate this type of shows that's all and imo she should be more focused on the important stuff music/acting, sometimes less is more and the quality of her work would benefit that.

14K2,800
                            Contributor
                            14K2,800

Sep 28, 2016#14

Edgardo I do get everyhing youre saying.

Im just speaking from my perspective and things I like as a fan. I care about the music overall and like the movies as well. All other projects are basically bla bla to me. I do get that she wants to develop herself and producing is one of the things, doesnt mean that has to excite me as a fan (and yeah of course I want her to grow and feel good).

In my perspective projects that matter to me could be more successful if she'd focus more on them instead of doing 3 things at once. I know she kinda always did that but in the last years she is doing way more (side) projects.

She was a trendsetter in music with the latin sound, remixes and her videos while nowadays she is following trends. Besides that it seemed more conceptual, now it feels like they drop a single to see how it works instead of creating an album with a certain theme/concept right away. I also miss effort. Back in the day performances we're pretty different since she performed remixes of the songs and such. Puerto Rico show was magical. She created the Dance Again tour and now she has a successful Vegas residency. Vegas show although is kind of identical to the dance again show only a lil more luxurious. It's far from a totally new experience to me. That makes me feel like they went the easy route and didn't put much effort in creating a new show.
                              I also miss her getting all into character for movies roles, doing months of preparation and transforming herself. To me her acting was better 20 years ago.

Again that's my personal view on things. I totally get her point of view on things: money, being more of a brand, creating projects through producing. That doesn't mean I have to be excited about all of them since I became a fan of the singer/actress she is.

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 28, 2016#15

Can't wait for it honestly. I mean it was cool for Jen to have two shows on TV. ;)

Master of Jenology

Sep 28, 2016#16

Yes! I love Judge Lo!!!

20K7,955
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  20K7,955

Sep 28, 2016#17

I'm not that mad, cuz I know she's working on new music, has Vegas, SOB and HBO movie and it's only 10 weeks.

And it's not like she would do a world tour or sth lol

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 28, 2016#18

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 28, 2016#19

Luka711 wrote:I'm not that mad, cuz I know she's working on new music, has Vegas, SOB and HBO movie and it's only 10 weeks.

Exactly. The fans are crying they want more acting and singing. She never stopped acting and singing. Actually she spent the weekend in Miami working on her new album. And as far as acting she has Shades of Blue, Milf, and Griselda coming out. So these side gigs are not blocking her from doing what most of you say you want her to do.

12K588
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        12K588

Sep 28, 2016#20

FlyBoy87 wrote:I'm so excited for this project.

I hate replying back to your comments, mostly because the majority whine uncontrollable about every little thing that she does. But I will say this, JLo is no longer just a singer/actress. She is a global brand. So to say she needs to focus on only music and movies is ridiculous.

Shades of Blue is a big hit for her, and it did what all her recent films failed to do and that was show the world she is a damn fine actress.

She's battling her age in an industry where it's all about youth. She's doing a great job of staying relevant even when other females her age are struggling.

She is breaking records in Las Vegas with her show, and has become one of the top acts on the strip.

Some actors take years off between films. Just look at Angelina, Nicole, Renee, Julia, Sandra, Catherine Zeta. Unless you're Meryl Streep you are not turning movie after movie like the younger actresses are, hate to be the one to break that information to you.

You also seem to forget that she has released two singles this year already, and for the most part always has new music coming out. Some artists like Beyoncé and Madonna release albums every few years and then you hear nothing else from them.

So if doing passion projects like a dance competition show is that offensive to you, I'm not really sure you understand the business she is in. Like Heather perfectly stated she is doing a lot more producing and projects that she can have control over so that she will be able in the next 10, 20, 30 years still have the ability to put out projects.

Well that's all I have to say.... carry on with your negativity.
                                          :bow :bow :rockon FUCKING PREACH!!! :rockon :bow :bow

Contributor

Sep 28, 2016#21

FlyBoy87 wrote:
                                            Luka711 wrote:I'm not that mad, cuz I know she's working on new music, has Vegas, SOB and HBO movie and it's only 10 weeks.

Exactly. The fans are crying they want more acting and singing. She never stopped acting and singing. Actually she spent the weekend in Miami working on her new album. And as far as acting she has Shades of Blue, Milf, and Griselda coming out. So these side gigs are not blocking her from doing what most of you say you want her to do.
                                            That's what I'm saying, 10 episodes will fly by. Plus this is what I bet people would've liked her do instead of Idol back in the day. But since she did well and it was a hit they liked her there. I'm excited to see how she is going to judge dancers, to truly see her embrace her knowledge about dancing which is something she is respected and admired for on top of everything else.

14K6,388
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,388

Sep 28, 2016#22

FlyBoy87 wrote:

not to do more of the other things but do them better.

Also you guys are happy about it you don't have to be pressed because some aren't it's not that serious.

Intro to Jenology

Sep 28, 2016#23

It's only going to be 10 episodes, its not a big deal.

I honestly can't wait, based on the videos I've previously seen of the WOD competitions...the dancing will be FIRE!

Hopefully she gets some fresh choreographers for future projects from this show.

16K4,313
                                                Contributor
                                                16K4,313

Sep 28, 2016#24

atheros wrote:
                                                  I was kinda hoping that this would be cancelled and we'd all forget it, but damn. This is really happening.

I hate that her interesting projects always get cancelled, but projects like this and movies like "Mother's I'd like to.." happen in some way... :coffee

and FlyBoy87, I get what you're saying, but you forget that JLo's her empire is built on MUSIC and MOVIES. If she didn't have music and movies, she wouldnt have this empire, she wouldnt be this global brand.
                                                  ALL other projects are SECONDARY, like bonus. But now, its the opposite. It's like music and movies are her "bonus" works. She became a celebrity who releases random singles and movies from time to time...Instead of "wasting" time for this,I wish she took some time off. At least she'd go on a holiday and get some rest and get ready for "real" projects.

12K11,623
                                                  Contributor
                                                  12K11,623

Sep 28, 2016#25

Can't say I'm excited for this but wish her success nonetheless. I do enjoy seeing her on TV every week but wish she would put her time towards something else...

Read more posts (234 remaining)