20K2,682
Admin
20K2,682

Sep 01, 2016#176

Can not wait to see on the set pics!

Master of Jenology

Sep 02, 2016#177

But feels like this is in a veeery early stage. No writers or casting attached to it so far, what makes me think we'll have to wait soooo long for this.

12K1,502
      Doctor of Jenology
      12K1,502

Sep 02, 2016#178

Wellyver wrote:But feels like this is in a veeery early stage. No writers or casting attached to it so far, what makes me think we'll have to wait soooo long for this.
        I'm guessing everything is getting put together (casting etc and the scripts there) and HBO have seen it and want to get on board?

Contributor

Sep 02, 2016#179

timmyd2121 wrote:Also, the only reason CZJ has an Oscar is because she was in a film that had buzz and swept almost every award. Heck, even Queen Latifah got a nomination for a not so great performance. And I'm not saying CZJ is not talented but she was lucky being in a film that was very popular that gave her a chance to show off her vocals. Other than that, go watch Chicago again and tell me it has a groundbreaking performance?

She beat Kathy Bates, Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore and *cough* Queen Latifah. 3 of those had more deserving performances.
          Either way, an Oscar is an Oscar Timmy. She also a Tony. Not everybody has that (Mariah voice*).

I'll be here for meltdowns when this is released though. :lol

Master of Jenology

Sep 02, 2016#180

Hoping they release some info soon about who's writing script and directing!

14K6,346
            Contributor
            14K6,346

Sep 02, 2016#181

Wellyver wrote:But feels like this is in a veeery early stage. No writers or casting attached to it so far, what makes me think we'll have to wait soooo long for this.
              yeah it's only in development, it might take a while but maybe HBO work fast, hopping that they're the ones in charge of picking the scriptwriter/director and not Jen's company. I hope Jen watchs Narcos and other good films about this subject to know how it's done well with this type of stories

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 02, 2016#182

selena lopez wrote:
                JenRox wrote:I'm pumped for this!

I just ran in here to say the same thing I don't think iv ever been so excited for a Film by Jennifer I'm more pumped for this then a new album.
                Me too!

14K2,771
                Contributor
                14K2,771

Sep 29, 2016#183

Terence Winter is back in business with HBO. The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and Vinyl alum has been tapped to write and executive produce the high-profile HBO film about notorious drug lord Griselda Blanco to be played by Jennifer Lopez. Winter alluded to his new gig for the pay cable network at the Writers Guild Foundation event earlier this week. “I’m still working with HBO and working on something for them,” he said.

The HBO film, now in development, focuses on the rise and fall of Blanco, the drug lord known as “The Cocaine Godmother” who revolutionized the U.S. drug trade during the 1970s and ’80s and became the most powerful female cartel member of all time.

The film takes Winter back to the 1970s, where his most recent HBO series, Vinyl, was set. Winter co-created the rock ‘n’ roll drama and served as executive producer/showrunner on its first season before the network made a change, bringing in a new showrunner for Season 2 which subsequently was scrapped.

Master of Jenology

Sep 29, 2016#184

crazyboyms wrote:Terence Winter is back in business with HBO. The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and Vinyl alum has been tapped to write and executive produce the high-profile HBO film about notorious drug lord Griselda Blanco to be played by Jennifer Lopez. Winter alluded to his new gig for the pay cable network at the Writers Guild Foundation event earlier this week. “I’m still working with HBO and working on something for them,” he said.

The HBO film, now in development, focuses on the rise and fall of Blanco, the drug lord known as “The Cocaine Godmother” who revolutionized the U.S. drug trade during the 1970s and ’80s and became the most powerful female cartel member of all time.

The film takes Winter back to the 1970s, where his most recent HBO series, Vinyl, was set. Winter co-created the rock ‘n’ roll drama and served as executive producer/showrunner on its first season before the network made a change, bringing in a new showrunner for Season 2 which subsequently was scrapped.

I checked His wiki page and...

He wrote the screenplay to Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street for which he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay. [...]

Winter was a writer and executive producer for the HBO television series The Sopranos, from the show's second to sixth and final season (2000–2007).

This made me get more excited.

14K6,346
                    Contributor
                    14K6,346

Sep 29, 2016#185

he's the creator and was the head writer of Boardwalk Empire and this show was great ! seem like the movie will be made by The Wolf of Wall Street & Vinyl/Bordwalk team it already has producers from that movie and shows, This must be the most talent writer she'll be working with since OOS, hopefully he's gonna do a great job here too and Jen better bring her A game!

If he just started I guess they'll film it in 2018.

23K5,924
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      23K5,924

Sep 29, 2016#186

:woot YES!!!

Intro to Jenology

Sep 29, 2016#187

Thats great, I hope we keep getting great names associated with this project. So far, so good.

14K6,346
                          Contributor
                          14K6,346

Sep 29, 2016#188

He has mostly worked with Scorsese those last few years, if he could convince him to direct this.. just imagine!

Master of Jenology

Sep 29, 2016#189

we gonna see Jen in Dark hair!!! omg this is soo my wish for the longest while... i really do hope she does a transformation.

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 29, 2016#190

He also did the Sopranos. They couldn't find a better writer .He knows about the mob and drug world for sure.I heard he's also writing another version of Scareface. :cool: I wait to see who the other actors that'll be in the movie.

14K2,614
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                14K2,614

Sep 29, 2016#191

OMG Amazing good news !!!

22K4,141
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  22K4,141

Sep 29, 2016#192

YASSSS!!!! This sounds so good!!!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 29, 2016#193

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Get that Emmy bitch !!!!! Get it and run quick !!!!

20K7,821
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      20K7,821

Sep 29, 2016#194

Good news, but it will be such a long wait for this to come out ...

Master of Jenology

Sep 29, 2016#195

Good news, looks like HBO isn't fulling around. Hoping he's already started writing and they can start filming this next spring!!

46K3,605
                                          Admin
                                          46K3,605

Sep 29, 2016#196

Excellent news! :love SO excited!

12K588
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            12K588

Sep 29, 2016#197

:woot Yes girl!!!! These are great news! Can't wait for more info on this! I am sure Jen knows what a huge opprortunity this is for her career! With good script and a good director Jen definitely has the raw talent to SLAY in such a role!!!! :D Let's hope for the best! :D

Master of Jenology

Sep 30, 2016#198

So any idea when in 2017 she will be filming this. I do know this Film won't be released till 2018

14K6,346
                                                Contributor
                                                14K6,346

Sep 30, 2016#199

jenny4life2love wrote:So any idea when in 2017 she will be filming this. I do know this Film won't be released till 2018
                                                  we don't know, writing a script can take a long time (and he's writing 3 at the same time) then you have everything else I'd be surprised if they start filming next year, if SOB doesn't get a season 3 maybe at the end of next year but if it does I doubt they'd be ready to shoot in March.

Intro to Jenology

Sep 30, 2016#200

I loved Wolf of Wall Street. This is fantastic news. :love2 :woot

I can't wait to find out about the director. Steven Soderbergh and Martin Scorcese have both directed for HBO before and Soderbergh's even directed Jen before. One of them would be amazing. Either one of them would kill with this kind of material. Hope we get an announcement soon.

Read more posts (234 remaining)