Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 13, 2016#151

nixy1991 wrote:
    daisylo wrote:great article from Lainey
    http://www.laineygossip.com/Jennifer-Lo ... anco/44625
    Jeez, the stuff this woman did. %)

This could really be the role of a lifetime for her. I'm so excited, but I'm also terrified they'll mess it up.
    Even more amazing is that Laineygossip is happy Jlo has this role and is even saying anything close to nice about Jen thats a miracle in itself.

lol

Aug 13, 2016#152

chrisjlover wrote:
      CosTaSsSs wrote:Congratulations on the "fans" who are trying to shade Jen whenever they have the chance! I'm pretty sure she's grateful for having such people on her side. What else could she ask for?

Instead of dragging something that is not even filmed... please stay away from this thread and go to a therapist, I do and it helps. So wait until you'll see the movie and then judge. As for CZJ, she's a WHITE actress... of course she has awards.
      This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say, but I didn't want to seem rude. This is awful, idk how some people here call themselves "jlovers", when they keep on hating every Jen's project, or Jen herself.

1000 % agree :argh

14K6,385
      Contributor
      14K6,385

Aug 13, 2016#153

kitkat wrote:
        nixy1991 wrote:
        daisylo wrote:great article from Lainey
        http://www.laineygossip.com/Jennifer-Lo ... anco/44625
        Jeez, the stuff this woman did. %)

This could really be the role of a lifetime for her. I'm so excited, but I'm also terrified they'll mess it up.
        Even more amazing is that Laineygossip is happy Jlo has this role and is even saying anything close to nice about Jen thats a miracle in itself.

lol
        Actually Lainey likes her ever since she met her a few years back before that it was a different story, but she can't stand Casper and mock their relationship other than that it's mostly positive or neutral.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 13, 2016#154

A certain person confusing a well received role with a show. SOB got jen great reviews for her ROLE its the show in its entirety that got mixed reviews. And even then critics only reviewed the first 8 episodes. The show got better as it went along. CZJ is a nobody. these award shows can try to make her happen by handing out awards to her but I guarantee if anyone goes to watch her movie its not because of her. And to prove how forgettable she is in my other post I confused her with someone else and thought she was in the mummy movies. It turns out she wasn't. She was in Zorro :lol pffft and nobody corrected me cuz nobody really cares for her :lol

Contributor

Aug 14, 2016#155

juniorsega wrote:A certain person confusing a well received role with a show. SOB got jen great reviews for her ROLE its the show in its entirety that got mixed reviews. And even then critics only reviewed the first 8 episodes. The show got better as it went along. CZJ is a nobody. these award shows can try to make her happen by handing out awards to her but I guarantee if anyone goes to watch her movie its not because of her. And to prove how forgettable she is in my other post I confused her with someone else and thought she was in the mummy movies. It turns out she wasn't. She was in Zorro :lol pffft and nobody corrected me cuz nobody really cares for her :lol
            Since you don't have the balls to quote me.

That's not what Heather said. Heather said "Shades of Blue" was critically acclaimed. Rotten tomatoes, metacritic, and the critics determined that was a lie. Sorry.

Also, let's not forget that CJZ is an ACADEMY AWARD WINNER. She has an OSCAR along with a TONY. So before you try to be cute with your lame "Mummy" jokes, remember, not everyone has that.

Intro to Jenology

Aug 14, 2016#156

Yeah, but you act like CZJ's movie has already been filmed and is being released at the end of the year with a major awards push by a big studio. In reality, it's an independent film that was announced a year ago, hasn't even been shot yet and has no distributor lined up. You know how many films like that never get filmed or released? For all we know, it could wind up on Lifetime.

JLo's movie is guaranteed to be filmed and released. We know HBO will make sure the director, writer and supporting cast are talented. JLo's been gunning for this role for years. It sounds like a real passion project for her just like Selena & El Cantante were. I'm sure she'll work just as hard on this role and shine the same way she did in those films. And HBO usually has a quick turnaround. They could film and air this before CZJ's version even starts shooting.

And it's not like Chicago happened a few years ago. That movie's almost 15 years old now. Jones hasn't been relevant, viable or a box office draw as a lead in at least 10 years.

46K3,676
              Admin
              46K3,676

Aug 14, 2016#157

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
                juniorsega wrote:A certain person confusing a well received role with a show. SOB got jen great reviews for her ROLE its the show in its entirety that got mixed reviews. And even then critics only reviewed the first 8 episodes. The show got better as it went along. CZJ is a nobody. these award shows can try to make her happen by handing out awards to her but I guarantee if anyone goes to watch her movie its not because of her. And to prove how forgettable she is in my other post I confused her with someone else and thought she was in the mummy movies. It turns out she wasn't. She was in Zorro :lol pffft and nobody corrected me cuz nobody really cares for her :lol

That's not what Heather said. Heather said "Shades of Blue" was critically acclaimed. Rotten tomatoes, metacritic, and the critics determined that was a lie. Sorry.
                I specifically said role, actually. She got some Emmy attention, there is no denying it has worked out really well for her.
                jennylover83 wrote:Yeah, but you act like CZJ's movie has already been filmed and is being released at the end of the year with a major awards push by a big studio. In reality, it's an independent film that was announced a year ago, hasn't even been shot yet and has no distributor lined up. You know how many films like that never get filmed or released? For all we know, it could wind up on Lifetime.

JLo's movie is guaranteed to be filmed and released. We know HBO will make sure the director, writer and supporting cast are talented. JLo's been gunning for this role for years. It sounds like a real passion project for her just like Selena & El Cantante were. I'm sure she'll work just as hard on this role and shine the same way she did in those films. And HBO usually has a quick turnaround. They could film and air this before CZJ's version even starts shooting.

And it's not like Chicago happened a few years ago. That movie's almost 15 years old now. Jones hasn't been relevant, viable or a box office draw as a lead in at least 10 years.
                Agreed. Josh, you are giving CZJ the benefit of the doubt before filming, but not Jen. There's nothing wrong with being hopeful and excited before a project. Why else would we bother being fans? LOL if you think it is going to suck before it even starts? :P

Intro to Jenology

Aug 14, 2016#158

SC88 wrote:I'm so excited for this, especially cause it's for HBO.

I only wish they'd make this into a series, like Narcos, instead of a movie. I feel like two hours is too short to really get to know a character like this.

OMG brilliant idea. Once they wrap up the Pablo Escobar story (season 2 begins next month) season 3 should be a new drug lord... hello Griselda??? Jennifer needs to pitch this idea to Netflix.

Intro to Jenology

Aug 14, 2016#159

Narcos is genius, seriously everyone seems to be obsessed with Game of Thrones but Narcos is tow the best TV show rt now

Contributor

Aug 15, 2016#160

JenRox wrote:
                      JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:

I specifically said role, actually. She got some Emmy attention, there is no denying it has worked out really well for her.
                      jennylover83 wrote:Yeah, but you act like CZJ's movie has already been filmed and is being released at the end of the year with a major awards push by a big studio. In reality, it's an independent film that was announced a year ago, hasn't even been shot yet and has no distributor lined up. You know how many films like that never get filmed or released? For all we know, it could wind up on Lifetime.

Agreed. Josh, you are giving CZJ the benefit of the doubt before filming, but not Jen. There's nothing wrong with being hopeful and excited before a project. Why else would we bother being fans? LOL if you think it is going to suck before it even starts? :P
                      O:)

Master of Jenology

Aug 15, 2016#161

This is such great news, been wanting her to do something with HBO or Netflix for few years now. And reading about how crazy that lady was, she has to go all in for this role to really capture the character. Especially being on HBO which is now know for actors and actresses doing that. I'm just worried that since she's one of the producers she's going to tone it down kinda like TBND and make it into more of a popcorn less serious type movie. Hoping HBO doesn't allow that!

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 15, 2016#162

Charles Cosby, Ex-BF Of 'The Cocaine Godmother' Griselda Blanco Says Jennifer Lopez A Bad Choice To Play Her In HBO Film. Threatens To Sue If He's Mentioned
                          Charles Cosby is the only man Griselda Blanco a.k.a. “The Cocaine Godmother” either married or seriously dated that she didn’t murder.
                          The story how he became romantically involved with the infamous Colombian drug lord and subsequently went on to become a big crack dealer in Oakland with the cocaine she supplied him from prison, is the basis the 2008 documentary, “Cocaine Cowboys II: Hustlin’ With the Godmother.”
                          Charles Cosby and Griselda Blancos

HBO is currently developing a film on the life Blanco.

TMZ reports that Cosby has threatened to sue HBO if they refer to him in any way. He’s also not happy they chose Jennifer Lopez as the lead in the film, saying she is “unconvincing with no street cred.”

He’s working on his own Blanco project titled “Hustle.”

During the 1970s and 1980s, Blanco, became the most powerful female drug dealer in history while distributing cocaine to Miami, New York and Southern California.

Authorities blame her for starting the Miami Drug War in the 70s. She’s suspected having at least 200 people murdered.

She was eventually arrested and found guilty a drug conspiracy charge. Blanco avoided murder charges when Miami prosecutors were forced to drop the case after it was discovered Jorge “Rivi” Ayala, Blanco’s number one hitman and the state’s star witness, was having an affair with a secretary in the Florida State Attorney’s Office.

http://electricbounce.com/charles-cosby ... iveOldPost

lol

14K6,385
                          Contributor
                          14K6,385

Aug 15, 2016#163

He really think they need his permission? He already told his side of the story to HBO for the documentary.

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 15, 2016#164

"JLo Unconvincing with no street cred"?? So now were taking acting reviews from a drug seller? Hes just scared that she and this film would show who he really coz shes bringing alot of attention to Greselda and her terrible life. He prolly did so much damage including killing people that he was never convicted of so hes scared!!!

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 15, 2016#165

repro_boy wrote:"JLo Unconvincing with no street cred"?? So now were taking acting reviews from a drug seller? Hes just scared that she and this film would show who he really coz shes bringing alot of attention to Greselda and her terrible life. He prolly did so much damage including killing people that he was never convicted of so hes scared!!!

It's a damn movie why would she need street cred? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Aug 15, 2016#166

CosTaSsSs wrote:Congratulations on the "fans" who are trying to shade Jen whenever they have the chance! I'm pretty sure she's grateful for having such people on her side. What else could she ask for?

Instead of dragging something that is not even filmed... please stay away from this thread and go to a therapist, I do and it helps. So wait until you'll see the movie and then judge. As for CZJ, she's a WHITE actress... of course she has awards.

I agree! I have coming here before most and it's the same people still hating. I finally got out of a second shelter after the flood storm in Louisiana and got internet, decided to chill out and come here to check on Jens new dope movie, but some never fail to trash her acting skills. CZJ lost before she even accepted it, she's fucking white! I believe Jen is going to shut ya'll hating ass up! It's about to be lit like a MF!

14K6,385
                                  Contributor
                                  14K6,385

Aug 26, 2016#167

sorry to bump that there is no news but I was watching interviews of Wagner Moura who plays Pablo Escobar on Narcos didn't realize that he's Brazilian, he had to learn Spanish for the role (and gained 40 pounds) Now thinking about this it wouldn't work to have Griselda speak in English in the movie I think she then started to speak a bit of English when she lived in Miami, but if she really workes at it Jen could probably do it, this will be important for the authenticity of the film, curious to know what they're planing with that.

22K4,157
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    22K4,157

Aug 26, 2016#168

I hope it's going to look original so have her speaking Spanish first and then a bit of English.

Master of Jenology

Aug 26, 2016#169

Wonder when they're going to start filming this? Someone on here few days ago said not til 2018. Was hoping it would be like March or April of 2017 in between vegas legs. And hoping they already have the script and name a director soon

14K6,385
                                        Contributor
                                        14K6,385

Aug 26, 2016#170

I think if they had a script they would have said who wrote it, and when something is in development it usually mean it's in the very early stage of the production so I would be really surprised if they start filming this next year if she has SOB again, but who knows maybe the script is almost ready.

20K2,688
                                          Admin
                                          20K2,688

Aug 26, 2016#171

CZJ is honestly not a box office draw. Those that believe that CZJ is going to have the better film based on the fact that it's going to be released in theaters are delusional. CZJ was never a box office darling and that film already has drama with a white actress being chosen to play her. Putting aside the fact that it'd be somewhat competing with Jen's movie, I hope CZJ's flops just on the whitewashing alone.

Aug 26, 2016#172

Also, the only reason CZJ has an Oscar is because she was in a film that had buzz and swept almost every award. Heck, even Queen Latifah got a nomination for a not so great performance. And I'm not saying CZJ is not talented but she was lucky being in a film that was very popular that gave her a chance to show off her vocals. Other than that, go watch Chicago again and tell me it has a groundbreaking performance?

She beat Kathy Bates, Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore and *cough* Queen Latifah. 3 of those had more deserving performances.

14K6,385
                                              Contributor
                                              14K6,385

Sep 01, 2016#173

Jennifer’s schedule is already packed with her music, Las Vegas residency, and “Shades of Blue,” but the 47-year-old recently announced she is taking on another project — playing notorious drug lord Griselda Blanco for an HBO movie. She said about the dark role, “When we announced the role, I actually had anxiety for a couple of nights… It’s intense. It’s scary to go into those places sometimes. I know what it is to do that as an actor, what it takes.
                                                http://extratv.com/2016/09/01/how-jenni ... e-reunion/

46K3,676
                                                Admin
                                                46K3,676

Sep 01, 2016#174

I'm pumped for this!

12K1,502
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  12K1,502

Sep 01, 2016#175

JenRox wrote:I'm pumped for this!

I just ran in here to say the same thing I don't think iv ever been so excited for a Film by Jennifer I'm more pumped for this then a new album.

Read more posts (259 remaining)