Bachelor of Jenology

May 19, 2017#251

Lifetime,team and herself......Catherine's will be a mess,did you see Feud series which she starring Olivia de Havilland?She is the only one make me feel suck.
    They both get older and older but Jen has a good plan for years and become more and more famous,Catherine meh....So jen will get a good production for sure.

Intro to Jenology

May 19, 2017#252

I miss Jen the movie actress... I remember her having so many movies in the works and then we stopped hearing about them. We had American Darlings, Carmen Sandiego, the governess... such a shame they never took off.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 19, 2017#253

I want that American Darlings with Nicole Kidman,I guess why they stopped that ????

12K11,426
        Contributor
        12K11,426

May 19, 2017#254

I hope we don't have to wait too long for this project. I have been waiting for Jen to make this movie for YEARS

14K6,346
          Contributor
          14K6,346

May 19, 2017#255

Would be great if they turned it into a mini serie with like 3/4 episodes but the movie will probably be over 2 hours long like most HBO movies

Jun 21, 2017#256

Found this Terence Winter interview from last month, he talks about the movie

Google Trad :
              First in The Sopranos and later in Boardwalk Empire, Terence Winter wrote television history. Through two antiheroes, Tony Soprano and Nucky Thompson, the screenwriter and producer has explored the depths of the human soul mesmerizing with his criminal accounts to HBO viewers. Visiting Madrid, where he gave a lecture on Saturday at an event organized by the union of screenwriters ALMA, the creator reviews with EL MUNDO his career while advancing his next project for the chain: a TV movie on the famous Colombian drug trafficker Griselda Blanco.

"She is a fascinating character." Griselda Blanco was the largest importer of cocaine into the United States in the late 1970s and early 1980s. She was a very powerful criminal boss feared by both men and women and was ultimately responsible Of the deaths of between 150 and 200 people, "says Winter about The Queen of Cocaine. "I've always been interested in stories about criminals and crimes, and there are not a lot of stories about female bosses. I also could not pass up the opportunity to work with Jennifer Lopez," he adds about the singer and actress, who will star and produce the project. HBO.
              original in Spanish: http://www.elmundo.es/television/2017/0 ... b457d.html

Contributor

Jun 21, 2017#257

I CANT WAIT.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2017#258

Guess he is still writing even not give it a start.

12K11,426
                  Contributor
                  12K11,426

Jun 22, 2017#259

DominicanPapiBlaze wrote:I CANT WAIT.
                    Ugh me too. This is the one project Jen is attached to that I am most excited for. Hope she really commits to this role and crushes it. Excluding OOS, Selena and El Cantate for me were her best performances. Think she does her best work when portraying someone...and not some fictional character.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2017#260

I really hope they already signed all the paper work that this is actually being made. I am quite afraid that this will turn out like one of the projects that she was once attached to but it never gets made.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 23, 2017#261

hope this comes thru

Master of Jenology

Jun 23, 2017#262

onlinejlofanCOM wrote:I really hope they already signed all the paper work that this is actually being made. I am quite afraid that this will turn out like one of the projects that she was once attached to but it never gets made.
                          Yeah I know, they announced she was doing this like last september and it still seems like its not even close to filming

14K6,346
                          Contributor
                          14K6,346

Jun 23, 2017#263

jenfan76 wrote:
                            onlinejlofanCOM wrote:I really hope they already signed all the paper work that this is actually being made. I am quite afraid that this will turn out like one of the projects that she was once attached to but it never gets made.
                            Yeah I know, they announced she was doing this like last september and it still seems like its not even close to filming
                            Because they announced it too early even before having a script or someone to write it, Terence Winter was announced in October, who knows when he started working on it and a good script can take time, then you have to get a director and everything else.

But yeah really hope this is gonna happen when we see the roles she does on the big screen she should probably stick to TV.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 28, 2017#264

Is that you Catherine? Actress Zeta-Jones is unrecognizable as she plays 'Cocaine Godmother' Griselda Blanco in biopic for Lifetime

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z4lGZ2COyG
                              Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good.

13K1,207
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              13K1,207

Jun 28, 2017#265

So Jen is out?

23K5,924
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                23K5,924

Jun 28, 2017#266

kateflo wrote:So Jen is out?
                                  It's a different movie.

14K6,346
                                  Contributor
                                  14K6,346

Jun 28, 2017#267

I'm really surprised that the CZJ version isn't getting more criticisms, another white actress getting a latina role, or they don't care because it's lifetime, HBO wouldn't have dared.

23K5,924
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    23K5,924

Jun 28, 2017#268

Not that I care, but how are they going to be able to properly and realistically tell this story without heavily censoring the material? Lifetime has a lot of limitations, it's only slightly more lenient in terms of adult content than the network channels. What's the point of even making this movie if you're going to water it down?

Or is this going to be a theatrical Lifetime movie, like Lila and Eve?

Master of Jenology

Jun 28, 2017#269

nixy1991 wrote:Not that I care, but how are they going to be able to properly and realistically tell this story without heavily censoring the material? Lifetime has a lot of limitations, it's only slightly more lenient in terms of adult content than the network channels. What's the point of even making this movie if you're going to water it down?

Or is this going to be a theatrical Lifetime movie, like Lila and Eve?
                                        Nobody is checking her, but i am sure when this gets released, she'll be dragged.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 28, 2017#270

i don't mind another lila and eve as long as the writing is hardcore.

23K5,924
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          23K5,924

Jun 28, 2017#271

I checked. It's a Lifetime TV movie. Good luck, I guess.

14K6,346
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,346

Jun 28, 2017#272

I hope that they'll book a (great) director before the end of the year, this would really kickstart the project and they'll be able to work on the cast.

Jun 28, 2017#273

lol is that a 3rd movie ? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2245187/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

Seem like it was Zeta Jones original project but was replaced by Catalina Sandino Moreno

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 03, 2017#274

^^ well according to this they both wanted to be in the movie Catalina is doing...?
                                                  Catherine Zeta-Jones and Jennifer Lopez Are Making Competing Movies About Cocaine Queen Giselda Blanco
                                                  by Kyle Munzenrieder

Catherine Zeta-Jones and Jennifer Lopez have dueling TV movies in the work based on the life of the same infamous cocaine queen, Griselda Blanco, but the behind the scenes story may be just as intriguing as the actual plot. The storyline all started with the actresses competing for a third Blanco biopic years ago that still seems to be in development, but, now, with neither actress attached.
                                                  The original project, titled The Godmother, with script by Frank Baldwin and with Daniela C. Cretu attached to direct, announced the casting of Zeta-Jones all the way back in 2014. Though, the decision was met with understandable controversy. Blanco was Colombian. Zeta-Jones is Welsh.
                                                  That controversy only heightened when rumors circulated that Zeta-Jones won the role over Lopez, an actual Latina. Producer Bernard Koppes told The Sunday Times __in 2016 that Lopez had "lobbied that she was perfect for the role because this is a Latin woman . . . but she was told it’s too challenging, that she doesn’t have the acting quality to pull it off.”
                                                  Fast-forward to 2017 and now neither actress is attached. According to IMDB, Academy Award-nominated actress Catalina Sandino Moreno, best known for 2004's heartbreaking take on drug trafficking Maria Full of Grace, is now listed in the role of Blanco. Though, the Hollywood press never made mention of the casting change.
                                                  Lopez, seemingly undeterred, decided to work directly with HBO to make her own take on the Blanco legend. Back in August she announced the project, adding, "I’ve been fascinated by the life of this corrupt and complicated woman for many years. The idea of teaming with HBO felt like the perfect fit for finally bringing Griselda’s story to life.” In September, Wolf of Wall Street scribe Terrence Winter was brought on to write the script. When W last chatted with Lopez for a cover story earlier this year, the project was still very much in the works.

All of this brings us to today's surprising news that Zeta-Jones has somehow found yet another Blanco project to star in. The Hollywood Reporter announced she'll star in Lifetime's Cocaine Grandmother. Mexican director Guillermo Navarro is attached, while American History X scribe David Mckenna will handle the script.
                                                  So, yes, that's three Blanco project in the works. Never mind the fact that she was the subject of cult-hit documentary Cocaine Cowboys II, or a recent Univision telenovela.
                                                  Maybe you're wondering what all the hype is about. Well, Blanco's life is quite a story. Born in Colombia, she moved to Queens, New York in the mid-'70s and, along with her second husband, built up quite the drug ring. She was eventually indicted but escaped back to Colombia. A few years later she returned America, but this time in Miami, as so many cocaine hustlers tend to wind up, and was a major figure in the city's cocaine wars of the late '70s and '80s. In fact, at times she was winning the wars, often killing her competitors while evading their attempts at retaliation. She eventually wound up in jail, but still managed to run her drug empire from beyond bars.
                                                  Oh, she also killed at least one of three husbands. She was also openly bisexual.
                                                  You can see why there's such a race to put her tale on screen.
                                                  The irony however is that none of the three glamorous actresses attached to star as Blanco in the various projects actually look much like the real life one. Part of the allure of Blanco's infamy is that she looked rather much like she could be the mother of four next door. Well, if three of those four children wound up dead thank to the drug war she helped carry out.

Though, what's no odd is that so many films are in development. Competing interests in Hollywood have a tendency to pursue the same subject matter at the same time. That's the reason there's also multiple Zelda Fitzgerald projects in the works (one of which with Jennifer Lawrence attached) and multiple Janis Joplin biopics in various stages of development.
                                                  Related: Jennifer Lopez: Women Get More Confident as They Get Older

Master of Jenology

Jul 04, 2017#275

Whoa Catalina Sandino Moreno is doin a Blanco film too. Wow she was great in Maria Full of Grace and the chick From orange is the new black is in too? I'm definitely gunna have to check that out

Read more posts (159 remaining)