JLO signs new record deal with EPIC Records .

JLO signs new record deal with EPIC Records .

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#1

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#2

:lmao

Good fuckin bye!

You have a definitive answer now for your question in the other thread, Moe :lol

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#3

ChristianM wrote::lmao

Good fuckin bye!

You have a definitive answer now for your question in the other thread, Moe :lol
        Hahahahahah come on dude let s try to be positive . I feel they gonna spend some money this time . :bow

23K5,924
        Doctor of Jenology
        23K5,924

Mar 02, 2016#4

Great news. L.A. better bless her with another OTF

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#5

Why oh why would you go back to Epic Records?! L.A. has done shit with that label; this is such a bad fucking decision.

Contributor

Mar 02, 2016#6

Is it that bad?

I guess I'm more happy that she's back to her home label. I just hope they can give her the exposure and promo that Capitol gave her. :/

She should use one of MJ's samples for a funky/dance lead single. :lol
              Take advantage girl!

12K1,502
              Doctor of Jenology
              12K1,502

Mar 02, 2016#7

Epic gave Jennifer a actual budget and promotion look at do it well and louboutins and they actually certified alot of her records in the US and UK 2 years ago so I'm happy about this

Master of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#8

this is great news !!!!!!

12K1,502
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  12K1,502

Mar 02, 2016#9

And shes got LA under her wing so that's a plus

Master of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#10

now slay jen slay...........................

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#11

selena lopez wrote:Epic gave Jennifer a actual budget and promotion look at do it well and louboutins and they actually certified alot of her records in the US and UK 2 years ago so I'm happy about this
                        But they did a mess with Rebirth/CAUM/Brave and the best of tracklist. So NO.

I like L.A Reid etc, but EPIC is such a bad company. I knew that JLo should be back to epic since the BEST OF (signed on epic)
                        I read today that Ciara was out from Epic, So I guess they sign Jen instead.

Master of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#12

maybe now she can also add a few more songs to the residency

Contributor

Mar 02, 2016#13

What's so wrong with this ?

She's the biggest artist there along MC, and I don't think Mariah will release new music soon so I bet the focus is on Jennifer right now. When she went with Def Jam, Rihanna was there with a new album and with Capitol, Katy Perry was there with a new album as well and that took all of their attention. After I read the LA Reid book I feel like he understands where Jennifer stands musically and also what being a more seasoned artist is ( which sometimes Jennifer doesn't tbh). Reid is friends with Medina and that helps a lot as well. I believe he will give a lot of freedom but he will not let her put garbage out. She was very well managed during "Love?" era and the single choices/videos/performances/appearances are still the best since she left Epic Records (Maybe not the ones we all would've liked but still the best compared to "Dace Again and A.K.A"). He would have not signed her if she didn't had convinced him and he didn't believe she got what it takes under his guidance.

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#14

You guys are ignoring Epic's track record under L.A.'s regime. Him taking the label over could've been a positive but, nearly all of their artists get zero promotion and support when it comes to their releases.

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#15

Epic sucks but L.A Reid know what's a hit and what's a flop/filler.
                                Anyway, still better than nothing.

Contributor

Mar 02, 2016#16

This is good! Now she'll be #1 priority unlike in Capitol. She'll be getting what she wants and not what she's forced to do. Not to mention proper promo for all upcoming projects.

22K4,141
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  22K4,141

Mar 02, 2016#17

At least she's with LA.

Contributor

Mar 02, 2016#18

IT'S OFFICIAL :rockon

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#19

I'm glad that LA is working with her again but I wish she had signed with Republic records or RCA...
                                        Nicole Scherzinger is under Epic, right?

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#20

It's so good ! I'm so excited

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#21

pitbulljlo wrote:I'm glad that LA is working with her again but I wish she had signed with Republic records or RCA...
                                            Nicole Scherzinger is under Epic, right?
                                            She was under Epic as part of her deal with the UK division of Sony Music but, she confirmed late last year she's no longer with Sony and is working on a new deal.

Master of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#22

collab with nicole z

12K588
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              12K588

Mar 02, 2016#23

Well first things first... the positive points! :D
                                                - It's a multi-album deal that will give her stability and commitment from her company to support her.
                                                - She is friends with LAReid, they have good chemistry and a very successful era together.
                                                - We all said that Jen needed a strong, experienced mentor with a good ear for hits who will guide her. LAReid is that guy.
                                                - She will be one of the biggest names of the company which means big budget, priority to hot songs etc.
                                                - The company has some good artists and music rights that Jen can use. ;)

...now the not so good points imho. :oops:
                                                - The company as a whole isn't one of the best right now
                                                - LAReid didn't get a lot of success as of late with his projects. He has been trying with Nicole and Ciara for a while without great results... in his defence both ladies released quality material with great videos etc but for some weird reason they're both kinda toxic, idk...
                                                - There are similar artists genre-wise with Jen in the company which might lead to some compromised decisions with song choices etc Let's hope Jen will be their priotity...

All in all i'm happy and can't wait for the new era! :woot

Contributor

Mar 02, 2016#24

JLOSEXYJLO wrote:collab with nicole z
                                                  No.

:coffee

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2016#25

JLOSEXYJLO wrote:collab with nicole z
                                                    What???? Hell no

Read more posts (361 remaining)