Doctor of Jenology
    23K5,924

Nov 09, 2015#102

This trailer is even better!! :woot

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Nov 09, 2015#103

between the actor that complained about Casper, that's the him she's boxing with in the trailer

10K7
        Doctor of Jenology
        10K7

Nov 09, 2015#104

It says that she is making US$ 500k per episode according to a InTouch magazine source;

http://www.labotana.com/index.php/celeb ... es-of-blue

InTouch is not reliable and I think it seems too much? lol

46K3,604
          Admin
          46K3,604

Nov 09, 2015#105

I think pairing it up with the Idol premiere week or getting away from it are more likely. Jen will be everywhere promoting Idol, too. The Shonda shows are irrelevant, because it is a 1 hr premiere on Jan 7 vs a 2 hr premiere on Jan 14. Episode 3 will still air Jan 21, no matter what.

If Fox schedules Idol on Thursday at 9, we'll know the reason, lol.

Anyway, that is the trailer that aired during football last night!

23K5,924
            Doctor of Jenology
            23K5,924

Nov 09, 2015#106

I love when she talks into the wire and then smashes it with the gun. Plus, this is all footage from the first episode (or 2), who knows what happens later on. So excited. :woot

14K6,346
              Contributor
              14K6,346

Nov 09, 2015#107

ImIntoJLo wrote:It says that she is making US$ 500k per episode according to a InTouch magazine source;

http://www.labotana.com/index.php/celeb ... es-of-blue

InTouch is not reliable and I think it seems too much? lol
                yeah too much she's a star but the show will need to do well first before getting all that money that's usually how it works. Hard to find a good comparison but Halle Berry got 100k per episode for the first season of Extent, my guess would be 150-200k

Nov 09, 2015#108

^ yeah that might be because of Idol
                  nixy1991 wrote:I love when she talks into the wire and then smashes it with the gun. Plus, this is all footage from the first episode (or 2), who knows what happens later on. So excited. :woot
                  I think it shows more than scenes from the 2 episodes, the scene where she say 'what we think we are..." wasn't directed by Levison.

23K5,924
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  23K5,924

Nov 09, 2015#109

daisylo wrote:I think it shows more than scenes from the 2 episodes, the scene where she say 'what we think we are..." wasn't directed by Levison.
                    I mean plot-wise, this is all we'd known from the synopsis, they haven't mapped out the whole season in this one trailer. But I remember that scene from the set pics, it was early on and they were sitting in front of Harlee's house (I think). I'm too lazy to look for them, but it can't be any later than episode 2 or 3.

14K6,346
                    Contributor
                    14K6,346

Nov 09, 2015#110

^ yeah it was in mind-July probably for episode 3 or 4, definitely not 2 since Levinson directed the first 2 and that was another director can't remember his name.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 10, 2015#111

Saw the NBC edit Jen spoke of at my holiday party last night for work. It looks different than I thought it was going to, and I think I'm going to enjoy it! Love seeing Jennifer is a more action-packed, meaty role.

Contributor

Nov 10, 2015#112

Harlee reminds me of Viola Davis in HTGAWM.

20K2,682
                          Admin
                          20K2,682

Nov 10, 2015#113

USAToday.com

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/ente ... /75449964/

The trailer for Jennifer Lopez's NBC cop show is really intense

If there's one thing we can say about Jennifer Lopez's new NBC cop show, is that it's way, way more serious than its title would indicate.

The first trailer for Shades of Blue (which kind of sounds like a HGTV decorating show but is actually about morally ambiguous police officers) is an intense affair, and starts with Lopez's corrupt cop Harlee Santos shooting her fellow officer in his bullet-proof vest in order to stage a crime scene, and it just takes off from there. Based on what we see here you can guess why JLo would return to the small screen (to act, not to judge singing), considering how layered the role is.

Shades of Blue will consist of 13 episodes and premiere on NBC on Jan. 7, 2016.

Nov 10, 2015#114

Cinema Blend

Shades Of Blue Trailer: Jennifer Lopez's New Show Looks Outrageous But Fun
                              BY ADRIENNE JONES 9 HOURS AGO discussion 0 COMMENTS
                              fb share tweet share

Many actors who have made most of their money as movie stars have been breathing a sigh of relief in recent years as they find additional work in television. Some of these stars were once movie staples. Others are simply using TV shows to broaden the scope of their work. Now, Jennifer Lopez is joining the list and trying her hand at television stardom on Shades of Blue.

Well, that’s just crazy. Did you see detective Harlee Santos (Jennifer Lopez) shoot her partner? All to make their lie convincing after he shoots a guy who was playing the wrong video game at the wrong time. Jenny from the block is going to be hardcore in this show, no doubt. Granted, the guy did have illegal drugs and a gun that was probably also illegal, but, man, she did indeed “improvise” on that one. And it sounds a lot like her mentor and boss, Lt. Matt Wozniak (Ray Liotta), is just as “creative” as she is, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she learned her policing tendencies from her mentor.

Even worse for Santos, it isn’t long before she gets caught and has to rat out her “crew” to the Feds to keep her young daughter safe. And what cop has a crew, anyway? That’s what gangsters have, whereas cops are just supposed to have co-workers (like the rest of us) and partners. I guess that tells us a lot about this particular group of police officers. Of course, in a tense show like this, you can’t just have Santos two-timing her crew for the Feds without suspicions arising. It’s entirely possible that her efforts to take down fellow dirty cops will get some other cop killed in the process.

Shades of Blue does look like it’ll be some good, old outrageous fun come early January when it debuts on NBC. With a network that has a history of cop shows filled with some deep and often shocking drama (take your pick of any Law & Order show from the past twenty or so years) this show will likely fit right into the schedule. The difference being that this looks to be at least a little less procedural because of the not-so-good cop versus bad cops through line.

The show might fit nicely at NBC, but (as we all know from decades of TV shows) that’s no guarantee that it’ll catch people’s attention and stick around for a long time. It’s possible that Jennifer Lopez’s star power is still great enough to cause folks to check her show out and become invested in it, but we’ll have to wait and see. As steady as she looks holding a gun and faking a shootout, shows don’t get long to light a fire under the audience in the wilds of TV these days. Here’s hoping Lopez and her crew deserve to get a chance to engage in some shenanigans long enough for us to love to hate them.

Shades of Blue premieres on NBC on January 7 at 9 p.m. ET.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/S ... 97897.html

Nov 10, 2015#115

Maxim Magazine

The new trailer for Jennifer Lopez's upcoming cop drama Shades Of Blue is here, and it's pretty revealing. And the most important (and surprising) reveal is that the show actually looks like it will be pretty great.

It's hard to stand out from the endless parade of cop procedurals on network television, but NBC's Shades Of Blue has a compelling premise: A detective with questionable ethics is forced to turn informant for the FBI and snitch on her equally-compromised partners in order to stay out of jail and provide a stable home for her daughter. And according to the trailer, J. Lo's Lieutenant — the always scary Ray Liotta — catches on pretty quickly that there's a rat amongst them. It all looks very, very tense — and J. Lo looks like a million dollars, even when she's doing very bad things.

Shades of Blue will premiere on January 7 on NBC.

http://www.maxim.com/entertainment/tv/a ... er-2015-11

14K6,346
                                Contributor
                                14K6,346

Nov 10, 2015#116

Jennifer Lopez is best known on TV for her stint as a pop diva judge on the longtime-running reality music series American Idol. Her roles on the big screen have varied greatly, from cartoon voice work to romantic comedies to the recently ill-received thrillers Lila & Eve (with Viola Davis) and The Boy Next Door (with Ryan Guzman). The understated coolness of her portrayal of a US Marshal, opposite George Clooney’s bank robber in 1998’s Out of Sight, offers the most hope for Lopez pulling off the tough cop persona in Shades of Blue. Though she’s already saddled with the “sexy” label by NBC, the trailer reveals she’s not looking too ridiculously glamorous.

Meanwhile, we all know Liotta can do powerful and scary roles in his sleep, and it doesn’t look like it was hard for Lopez to look realistically frightened in their scenes together on Shades of Blue. Beyond that, the pop princess in a gritty crime drama is either a risky or smart move by NBC, depending on how well Lopez carries the show. Let us know in the comments what you think of the new trailer and the show’s prospects in general.
                                  http://screenrant.com/shades-blue-trail ... fer-lopez/

Intermediate Jenology

Nov 10, 2015#117

Could JLO add to her resume "the only female actress with two number one shows in America"?

23K5,924
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    23K5,924

Nov 10, 2015#118

Oh my god, no. Shades of Blue is on NBC, and from what I understand, NBC is struggling with their ratings. And, she's not acting on AI, plus, when was the last time AI has been the #1 show in America? We need to hope for critical acclaim, not outstanding ratings.

14K6,346
                                      Contributor
                                      14K6,346

Nov 10, 2015#119

1 M views in less than 2 days for the Trailer in youtube, that's pretty great shows that people are curious about it at least.

16K4,305
                                        Contributor
                                        16K4,305

Nov 10, 2015#120

nixy1991 wrote:Oh my god, no. Shades of Blue is on NBC, and from what I understand, NBC is struggling with their ratings. And, she's not acting on AI, plus, when was the last time AI has been the #1 show in America? We need to hope for critical acclaim, not outstanding ratings.
                                          Ratings>>>critical acclaim

The show will be cancelled if the ratings are bad
                                          But the show will not be cancelled even if criticts hate it. Simple.
                                          /endofdiscussion

12K588
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          12K588

Nov 10, 2015#121

Actually things aren't black or white. With this we need balanced results. Both good enough ratings to keep it going and good reviews. It's just better to have great reviews and just ok ratings than have everyone watch it and have it bashed by critics because this way the ratings won't keep up.

14K6,346
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,346

Nov 10, 2015#122

Yeah I agree with pano when you look at the new shows that are doing great/good ratings wise it's the ones that had the better reviews, The blindspot, Quantico, great reviews doesn't guaranty good ratings but it helps.

23K5,924
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              23K5,924

Nov 10, 2015#123

It'll be so interesting to see how the critics react to this show. I wonder if they'll be more critical just because it's Jennifer, seeing as she can't catch a break with them ever since she started out her pop star career, despite being in some decent movies, and making some decent albums. I hope this show will break her streak of horribly received projects. :pray

14K6,346
                                                Contributor
                                                14K6,346

Nov 10, 2015#124

yeah she needs some Fresh tomatoes in her resume.

Master of Jenology

Nov 10, 2015#125

The tv geeks are saying the trailer looks great but NBC is the worst channel for screwing up promising tv shows.

Read more posts (1495 remaining)