14K6,346
Contributor
14K6,346

Jan 23, 2015#76

what what Variety saying before ? now it's between 12-15M and could be third is Paddington does better, hopefully it will be a bit more like 15-17M

46K3,606
    Admin
    46K3,606

Jan 23, 2015#77

Thanks, I was wondering! There were two showings in my area last night. But I'm old, so I can't go see a movie on a work day. :lol:

12K1,502
      Doctor of Jenology
      12K1,502

Jan 23, 2015#78

Is that good or bad lol :/

Jan 23, 2015#79

Ah it want released in all movie theaters yet they said it was respectable

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 23, 2015#80

No other movies?

20K7,827
            Doctor of Jenology
            20K7,827

Jan 23, 2015#81

selena lopez wrote:Is that good or bad lol :/
              I dk, I think it's ok, but not impressive. Around 1mln would be better lol
              Hopefully, it can do around 15mln.

14K6,346
              Contributor
              14K6,346

Jan 23, 2015#82

selena lopez wrote:Is that good or bad lol :/
                not great but fine I guess since it wasn't shown in that many theaters. I looked up the movies that did similar number or more they where all at 2500+ theater at midnight so hard to compare

46K3,606
                Admin
                46K3,606

Jan 23, 2015#83

They said it was "respectable", so I guess it's solid.

14K6,346
                  Contributor
                  14K6,346

Jan 23, 2015#84

found a good comparison with one of Universal film: Universal’s horror-thriller “Ouija” scared up a respectable $911,000 in Thursday night screenings at 2,061 locations in the U.S.
                    this one made 20M on its first week-end

12K1,502
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    12K1,502

Jan 23, 2015#85

I'm happy then so it opens up wider today right?

Even $12-14 million is respectable and a number 2 box office is alot better then i hoped for, tbh at first i thought it would do $3-4 million and debut at 8,9,10 then bomb.
                      So this is way more then my expectations

46K3,606
                      Admin
                      46K3,606

Jan 23, 2015#86

Oh, ok, and this was at 1,869 locations. OMG, :crossfingers that this smashes.

Master of Jenology

Jan 23, 2015#87

nixy1991 wrote:This is the second or third article that mentions how much fun people had watching it. If that's true, I expect a stampede at the box-office despite the reviews - might even bring the movie close to $100M WW.

And if that happens, Jennifer will no doubt make another one of these micro-budget movies later in the year, after she wraps Shades of Blue.
                          We need a silly comedy with Leah, maybe about two sisters desperate to get married in their 40's.

12K1,502
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          12K1,502

Jan 23, 2015#88

daisylo wrote:found a good comparison with one of Universal film: Universal’s horror-thriller “Ouija” scared up a respectable $911,000 in Thursday night screenings at 2,061 locations in the U.S.
                            Right cool so TBND was shown in less cinemas so its basically averaged around the same (meaning if it had more showings it could of done the same)

Got it thanks

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 23, 2015#89

Wellyver wrote:
                              nixy1991 wrote:This is the second or third article that mentions how much fun people had watching it. If that's true, I expect a stampede at the box-office despite the reviews - might even bring the movie close to $100M WW.

And if that happens, Jennifer will no doubt make another one of these micro-budget movies later in the year, after she wraps Shades of Blue.
                              We need a silly comedy with Leah, maybe about two sisters desperate to get married in their 40's.
                              And when they finally find 2 hot brothers, it turns out that they are members of Italian mafia, they come to police but they force them to be undercover agents :paperbag
                              Imagine the mess :lmao

20K7,827
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              20K7,827

Jan 23, 2015#90

I saw the part of the sex scene on instagram.
                                I think I wont be disappointed lol :woot

Master of Jenology

Jan 23, 2015#91

ChristianM wrote:
                                  Wellyver wrote:

And when they finally find 2 hot brothers, it turns out that they are members of Italian mafia, they come to police but they force them to be undercover agents :paperbag
                                  Imagine the mess :lmao
                                  :argh

Jan 23, 2015#92

selena lopez wrote:
                                    daisylo wrote:found a good comparison with one of Universal film: Universal’s horror-thriller “Ouija” scared up a respectable $911,000 in Thursday night screenings at 2,061 locations in the U.S.
                                    Right cool so TBND was shown in less cinemas so its basically averaged around the same (meaning if it had more showings it could of done the same)

Got it thanks
                                    Selena, you missed some Math classes.

If Ouija made almost 1 million in a Thursday and managed to gross 20m in a first weekend, then TBND with 500k would make around 10m.

____

But the real public for this movie will watch it on this weekend. I'm disregarding Thursday totally. This will blow over tonight and tomorrow.

Intermediate Jenology

Jan 23, 2015#93

Two years ago the action film Olympus Has Fallen got the same 500,000 thursday night opening and ended up with 30,4 million dollars for the weekend. Last year, Non-Stop did 720,000 on thursday night and ended up with 28,9 million dollars for the weekend. I think these thursday night openings are not an accurate indicator of how the weekend box office will be. Let's wait to see what Box Office Mojo will say.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 23, 2015#94

No premiere of TBND today ?

20K7,827
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        20K7,827

Jan 23, 2015#95

I dk, but this made me laugh lol

12K1,502
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          12K1,502

Jan 23, 2015#96

Wellyver wrote:
                                            selena lopez wrote:

Got it thanks
                                            Selena, you missed some Math classes.

If Ouija made almost 1 million in a Thursday and managed to gross 20m in a first weekend, then TBND with 500k would make around 10m.

____

But the real public for this movie will watch it on this weekend. I'm disregarding Thursday totally. This will blow over tonight and tomorrow.

I miss read it i thought the said film did 611,000.

Master of Jenology

Jan 23, 2015#97

Paris wrote:Two years ago the action film Olympus Has Fallen got the same 500,000 thursday night opening and ended up with 30,4 million dollars for the weekend. Last year, Non-Stop did 720,000 on thursday night and ended up with 28,9 million dollars for the weekend. I think these thursday night openings are not an accurate indicator of how the weekend box office will be. Let's wait to see what Box Office Mojo will say.
                                              That's it.

Intro to Jenology

Jan 23, 2015#98

You guys are forgetting that the target audience for the movies y'all are using for comparison are entirely different.

Intermediate Jenology

Jan 23, 2015#99

JenRox wrote:I'm curious if the Latinos will show up for this one. I really hope so.
                                                  I did

Jan 23, 2015#100

Luka711 wrote:So who's gonna watch it tonight? lol
                                                    Me again

Read more posts (935 remaining)