JLO-Pitbull Colabs have we had enough?

JLO-Pitbull Colabs have we had enough?

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#1

News that Jlo and pitbull will do another song together. Don't get me wrong I love them both (especially JLo), but their songs are charting worse each time.

On the Floor (2011) #3
    Dance Again (2012) #17
    Live it up (2013) # 60
    We are One (2014) # 59
    Booty (2014) Didn't chart without Iggy

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#2

on Billboard it says:
      Booty feat. Iggy Azalea or Pitbull

;)

i think the problem with Live It Up its because the song was like a remix of On The Floor and Dance Again ;)

if they change the genre of the song than for the GP thats ok...
      but yeah...we had enough

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#3

jamez lo wrote:on Billboard it says:
        Booty feat. Iggy Azalea or Pitbull

;)

i think the problem with Live It Up its because the song was like a remix of On The Floor and Dance Again ;)

if they change the genre if the song than for the GP thats ok...
        but yeah...we had enough
        Yeah I agree! what they've put out so far has been great, but its time for something new.

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#4

yep they are great togheter...but she should change...

there are a lot of great singers and rapper out there

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#5

Pitbull did amazing things for her, On The Floor was her hit after a looong time, ( likewise he saved Enrique's career with 'I like it') he connected her and Red One, they had the best performance of Premios Juventud ever, I dont think she would ever come if it wasnt for him, he called her on We Are One, World cup opening (2 billion viewers), he encouraged AMA producers for Celia Cruz tribute, which is one of the best performances... He only did positive things for her career and I am here for their projects together, songs, joint album, tour, whatever... and let's admit it, Jen's team didn't have good plan with Booty, it could have been Top 10 whether with Pitbull or Iggy if they had played it right.

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#6

pitbulljlo wrote:Pitbull did amazing things for her, On The Floor was her hit after a looong time, ( likewise he saved Enrique's career with 'I like it') he connected her and Red One, they had the best performance of Premios Juventud ever, I dont think she would ever come if it wasnt for him, he called her on We Are One, World cup opening (2 billion viewers), he encouraged AMA producers for Celia Cruz tribute, which is one of the best performances... He only did positive things for her career and I am here for their projects together, songs, joint album, tour, whatever... and let's admit it, Jen's team didn't have good plan with Booty, it could have been Top 10 whether with Pitbull or Iggy if they had played it right.
              I totally understand that, I am a huge fan of their work together, but I think they need to mix things up a little to keep the mainstream public interested.

Oct 20, 2014#7

I never really understood why We are One got negative public reception. I thought it was good.

14K2,704
                Doctor of Jenology
                14K2,704

Oct 20, 2014#8

They need to do a new sound together for the next collaboration

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#9

I agree, they have to get out of the comfort zone and tap into something different.

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#10

They should ditch the elctro pop sort of thing and do a latin roots song

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#11

Dan#jlofan wrote:I never really understood why We are One got negative public reception. I thought it was good.
                        Well, in Europe it was played everywhere and people loved it, it was No.1 on Worldwide iTunes during thr June and July so I think it was successful... Brazilian wanted more Portuguese and Shakira's fans were jealous.

Oct 20, 2014#12

rafaelsalguero wrote:They need to do a new sound together for the next collaboration
                          Maybe something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6hHup ... ata_player

Master of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#13

Never enough Pit and Jen Colabs... I think they make gr8 music together!!!

46K3,676
                            Admin
                            46K3,676

Oct 20, 2014#14

Me too^. I really like their collabs and how they support each other.

Was Pit really the one who connected her to redone? I don't remember that.

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#15

Maybe I used a wrong verb, my bad. He worked with Red One before JLo did, he said Red One played him Live it Up 3 years ago (Pit wanted it) and said that he wants to work with Jennifer and play it for her and eventually they end up doing so many songs together.

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#16

Dan#jlofan wrote:News that Jlo and pitbull will do another song together. Don't get me wrong I love them both (especially JLo), but their songs are charting worse each time.

On the Floor (2011) #3
                                  Dance Again (2012) #17
                                  Live it up (2013) # 60
                                  We are One (2014) # 59
                                  Booty (2014) Didn't chart without Iggy
                                  Didnt release without Iggy so better to fix this ;)

Intermediate Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#17

I think its fine. Its annoying for first singles or a single period but I think they make some great hits together. His verses to her songs are always catchy and amazing.

Master of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#18

They will still do an album/EP together and you will have to deal, dale.

Intermediate Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#19

Since Dance Again the GP have had enough

Master of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#20

Never heard of nobody in a club stop dancing because another Jlo/Pit collab started playing or about somebody that skipped the radio station because of them.

This "general public had enough" only applies to some internet freaks. If the song is good, nothing will stop it.

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#21

Yeah, but dancing people on a club don't buy singles, albums, critic respect and radio airplay. So yes, the GP had enough since Dance Again, when the jokes started.

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 20, 2014#22

Yes. I never want to see him or Jen together ever again. OTF was fresh, DA was common sense. let's get these two back together for round 2. Then LIU, WAO, and Booty happened. Enough is enough. It would've been ideal if LIU and WAO never happened and they released a collab next year so it would be like collabs in 2011, 2012, and 2015. A gap so when they do collab people aren't put off. Not 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015... 1 collab per year is toooo much.

10K7
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              10K7

Oct 21, 2014#23

Yep, agreed that it's enough since Dance Again.

The general public buy songs, not necessarily names and the jokes are more on web, music forums e social networks, but people will ignore their songs anyway since their collabs have become boring and predictable.

Although he seems a cool and humble guy, they have great chemistry, friendship and good songs together, it's time to move on. I'm sure she can do another interesting and successful collabs.

Otherwise, they already can make an official duo lol.

Master of Jenology

Oct 21, 2014#24

Well honostly first collab was 2009 then gap 2011,2012,2013,2014 but yeah we need another gap.

Intermediate Jenology

Oct 21, 2014#25

tnays20 wrote:Well honostly first collab was 2009 then gap 2011,2012,2013,2014 but yeah we need another gap.
                                                    A PERMANENT GAP

Read more posts (3 remaining)