David Foster talks about working with Jennifer

David Foster talks about working with Jennifer

10K7
Doctor of Jenology
10K7

Jul 17, 2014#1

Since we haven't got much news lately I decided to do a thread for this.

Grammys, Platinum Records, ‘Thriller,’ David Foster Reflects On His Career

by Laura Schreffler

[...]

Trust him: this particular tactic has worked like magic for Foster. Networking has led him to meet some of the most important people in his life—such as dear friend Oprah Winfrey—to finally working with his hero Stevie Wonder, with whom he’ll soon release the collaborative albums When The World Began and Ten Billion Hearts, as well as Jennifer Lopez, with whom he’s working on a holiday album

[...]

7.On working with Jennifer Lopez: She’s such a brave creature. I love the way she sings, I love the way she acts and I love who she is: I think she’s amazing. We started on a Christmas album, but it looks like it won’t be finished this year; we have a few things in the can though. We had a great time in the studio. When artists do a Christmas album, oftentimes they’re reliving their childhoods. When Jennifer is singing “Silent Night,” that’s coming from her childhood. The fact that she’s Jenny From the Block and that she’s all that goes out the window, and she becomes just Jennifer, who sings “Silent Night” beautifully. I’m really excited about working with her.

[...]

http://hauteliving.com/2014/07/grammys- ... ts/508191/

Silent Night-Lo :cheer

Master of Jenology

Jul 17, 2014#2

I really want that album! I hope it has some pop dance songs in it to be singles!

Master of Jenology

Jul 17, 2014#3

The Christmas album is really going to happen. :doh

I don't even wanna think about the sales... :paperbag

Master of Jenology

Jul 17, 2014#4

You'll get over it .... Im sure of that.... anyways im supper excited. yay

22K4,141
          Doctor of Jenology
          22K4,141

Jul 17, 2014#5

I couldn't care less about the Christmas album but if it's going to have great new songs, I'm very positive about it.

20K7,824
            Doctor of Jenology
            20K7,824

Jul 17, 2014#6

I was very sceptical about this but David Foster is a great producer so it might be really good :D

Master of Jenology

Jul 17, 2014#7

God I'm so excited

46K3,606
                Admin
                46K3,606

Jul 17, 2014#8

I can't imagine her singing Silent Night. That'll be cool to hear.

Master of Jenology

Jul 17, 2014#9

I count 3 or 4 christimas albums that I really liked. I'm not excited for this but we are talking about David Foster, one of the biggest producers of all the time. Hopefully it will be something beautiful and memorable.

14K2,614
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    14K2,614

Jul 18, 2014#10

One of my dreams come true: Jennifer working with the legend DAVID FOSTER !!!
                      Amazing!!!

Every Big Singer has a Christmas Album, I cant wait for J.Lo's one

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 18, 2014#11

hope shes doing the tree lightning ill hopefully get free tickets and finally see her :D

20K2,682
                        Admin
                        20K2,682

Jul 18, 2014#12

I'm waiting for X-Mas-Lo...I don't give a F* about the sales. :coffee

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 18, 2014#13

I really want to hear her sing silent night now!!!:)

Intro to Jenology

Jul 18, 2014#14

She has a sweet voice. By having her vocal in "Silent Night" is a perfect option. I don't celebrate Christmas so this could be the first Christmas album I'll buy because of JLo! Actually it's funny for people to say she doesn't have the voice when she sung so beautifully in Quizas Quizas Quizas! Argh! Can't wait for Silent Night! :D

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 18, 2014#15

This album will be wonderful with the sweet and gentle JLo`s voice :love2

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 18, 2014#16

I don't imagine this being a commercial hit as I think Christmas albums are hard to sell for any artist but imagine if Jen came up with a new Christmas jingle (like all I want for Christmas by Mariah-love that song not even gonna lie) and it's Jen recording more music so I will definitely be tuning in

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 18, 2014#17

wow David Foster is no music lightweight

14K2,614
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    14K2,614

Jul 20, 2014#18

yeah I hope she can find a new Christmas Jam, maybe "I wanna Love" and "Love Lines" are for this christmas proyect.
                                      And about the classic ones I hope she can record this:

-Silent Night
                                      -Blue Christmas
                                      -Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
                                      -Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

And of course Latin Spanish Christmas Classics:
                                      -Feliz Navidad
                                      -Si No Me Dan de Beber LLoro (she slays the salsa with that Celia TributeI want something like that in this song)

-

Intro to Jenology

Jul 20, 2014#19

This needs to happen soon, David Foster is an amazing producer, and it's nice to hear she's not working with Corey Roony, no disrespect to him, but it's nice she's switching it up

12K588
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        12K588

Jul 20, 2014#20

This guy is legendary so i am excited to listen to anything they worked on together! I just want the album to be good and have some GREAT new songs! Also something upbeat for a single would be ideal! :D
                                          IIRC Foster did Mary J's Christmas album too.